PDA

View Full Version : Going for the first time...Has this been done?

Jonslutt
02-09-2007, 12:19 PM
So on Saturday I'll be going for MegaCon for the first time and I had two questions:

1. About what time should I arrive to find decent parking?

2. Has anyone ever gone as Jay and Silent Bob? (Yes, from the Kevin Smith films.)

Due to some money problems, roommates and I were not able to get the costumes we wished, so we plan on going as the two guys we got the costumes for: Jay and Silent Bob.

I don't really think they fit anywhere in there, but it was fun being them and I thought it'd be something interesting to do.

So if you see Jay and Silent Bob around (I'll be Silent Bob) and you want a pic of the random duo, feel free to ask ;D

SecretGeisha
02-09-2007, 12:26 PM
id arrive there pretty darn early for parking. the parking lot they "give" us is always filled up pretty quickly, and im sure you dont want to be walking up and down i-drive everytime you need to get to your car. it also costs money to park there.

i personally dont think ive ever seen a jay and silent bob, but it shouldnt matter. megacon has so much variety anyway that everyone just sort of blends together. you guys should be just fine. :3

NiGHTmaren
02-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Parking fills FAST. Last year I got there around 11am and everything was full, including the surrounding hotel parking lots. We ended up parking in a dirt lot behind the regular lot becuase they simply had no space left, then trekked a good 10 minutes to the convention center in the cold. Hopefully the weather will be really nice next weekend!

Foos
02-09-2007, 02:00 PM
On Saturday, plan to trek, take a shuttle or be there at 7am to nab a good spot. Or, if you're carpooling, the person in the least restrictive costume gets to drop everyone off by the entrance :| For Saturday, I'm coming ridiculously early in the morning, and I'm just gonna apply make-up and assemble my costume in the parking lot. As a Floridian who goes to theme parks regularly, my life revolves around where I can find good parking. -.-

makio
02-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Like everyone else said, arrive early ... prolly before 0945AM to be on the safe side. Speaking of "side", park in the large lot behind the convention center(facing I-4)if possible. Anywhere else will usually result in a long walk, your car getting towed for being in private parking, or worse --- paying for parking(I detest paying for parking anywhere!). You'll still have to walk a little bit to get to Megacon, but at least you're walking indoors and not out in the cold or rain we might get this time next week.

tsuoi_kaze
02-09-2007, 04:12 PM
yup EARLY!!!! we parked near a restruant once bacause here was no parking left XD.

As for Jay and Silent Bob- Anything goes at megacon. Last year we saw Jesus-Vader!

Jonslutt
02-09-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm kinda hoping it'll be atleast a bit cold considering I'll be wearing a trench coat.

I guess I'll try to get there around 9.

Foos
02-10-2007, 11:05 AM
As far as "Is it okay to dress as..." costumes, it is impossible for that to be an issue. Megacon has had killer condoms costumes, Homer Simpson in a satan suit with mariachis singing "I am evil homer" all over the cenvention center, characters from every obscure sci-fi movie or RPG (Kingdom of Loathing stick figure warriors.. go figure), so any character, no matter how odd or weird, fits in. One of my friends is going to be a random Barbarian for that foam weapon battle arena in the dealer's room, and another is going to be the Hamburglar from McDonalds just because. :D No worries, you're fine!

Jonslutt
02-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Alright, so it turns out that I won't be going as Silent Bob.

My roommate, the one that was going to Megacon, isn't sure he can go until tomorrow, and tonights the last day to buy tickets online, so he said not to get him one...

So I got a question, what's the chance that he'll be able to just buy a ticket at the entrance, and if so how early should we get there for him to be able to get one? Or does it like...not have a limit?

Jonslutt
02-15-2007, 12:36 AM
So....is there a limit of tickets?

Shadowedjester
02-15-2007, 11:37 AM
if there is its a really really big number, expect to see well over 5000 people here
i think the fire code for the OCC is rated at around 500,000 or so... but i may be way off.. but its HUGE!!!

Jonslutt
02-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Alright cool...so it's easy to guess that you could just go there and get tickets that day...just gotta deal with lines...Alright, thanks ^_^

NiGHTmaren
02-15-2007, 04:37 PM
I didn't pre-reg in 2005 (last year I had a free pass, so I didn't have to deal with lines then), and it wasn't too bad getting tickets. Maybe 10 minutes in line, tops, if memory serves correct, on a Saturday morning. I should be arriving around 10am or so Saturday.