PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest way to come just for Saturday (Masquerade night)

Hazel Chaz
02-09-2007, 06:03 PM
So, let's say you want to buy a membership just for Saturday at the convention next year? (For example, if you're entering the Masquerade.) It's going to be $30, and you'll be able to re-register for just Saturday if you choose.

But -- if you pre-register NOW -- you can sign up for $25, and get the whole weekend into the bargain.

Our rates go up the 1st of March (to $35 regular/$30 student) and again on 1 August (to $45 regular/$40 student) through 15 December; at the door, a full weekend membership will be $50, or one-day will be $30 for Saturday ($20 for Friday or Sunday).

And let's suppose you make your plans now, but something comes up? Let us know before the convention that you can't make it and you either want to (a) transfer your membership to a friend, or (b) roll it over to next year.

I just figured you guys might want to know, given that over a hundred of you were in the Masquerade this year, and of all the at-door memberships, two-thirds of them were Saturday-only.

Maguma
02-09-2007, 08:32 PM
thats wonderful! that way your money isn't wasted! that happened to me with Mikomicon and i was really upset, 30 bucks down the drain.

Hazel Chaz
02-11-2007, 01:44 AM
thats wonderful! that way your money isn't wasted! that happened to me with Mikomicon and i was really upset, 30 bucks down the drain.
The roll-over policy is something that we came up with, because it seemed like the only fair thing to do.

The transfer policy is something a LOT of conventions do. You can sell or give away your membership to someone else, and give them or the convention (if it happens early enough) a signed letter indicating it.

(For a lot of the conventions, it really just means that they end up changing the name on the badge, not the name and address in the database.) So you might think about that next time you have plans that change, so the membership doesn't go to waste...