PDA

View Full Version : Er, would this skit work?

RadicalDreamer
04-05-2003, 11:51 PM
I have a skit Idea, yet some of my costume choices may not go well with it.

What I do, is walk up on stage, take out a piece of cardsboard and a permanent marker, write something on the cardboard, and hold it up. It says "Will yaoi for fangirls."

However, I thought of this skit for my Sesutna (Angel Sanctuary) costume. I may cosplay as Kyo (King of Fighters, 99-02 costume), or Yugo (Bloody Roar 3, Primal Fury costume.) Do you still think it'd be okay? I'm worried that it may not be as funny without a bishounen.

K_Valentine
04-06-2003, 12:06 AM
People tend to hold that sign during the con anyway. Never actually seen it on stage though. Hope you have a big enough sign.

Psychotic Jei
04-06-2003, 01:50 AM
The person with that sign at AX....was one of my friends. x_x; She was a little crazy

Michi
04-06-2003, 12:21 PM
Yeah... If you just wanna walk across stage with it as a walk-on, go for it. But you can also walk around the con that way. ^_^; Other people have.

Even though yaoi isn't necessarily a verb. ^^;;;

Psychotic Jei
04-06-2003, 06:58 PM
Something about having to carry a sign...kinda makes me think you're trying to draw attention away from the costume. *shrug*

ReddAlice
04-29-2003, 09:45 AM
That would ROCK! You'd be my favorite skit and general attendee if you had a sign like that! **I AM SURE you'd get a huge reaction, but the dude's right... BIG BIG BIG SIGN**^-~ I'm a big yaoi fan and writer, so I did. Sakura-con 2003 I was the yaoi fanfiction Goddess... and pranced around recruiting Bishi (cross dressers) into my harem. I'd definitely grab you into it too! However, it wouldn't be as cool if ur weren't bishi... it'd still be great though.

Mouse
05-04-2003, 03:33 PM
I personally think that things considered "cliche" (pokemon, pocky-related skits, etc..) can still be entertaining if done correctly and presented in an original manner. I'd say go for it if you think it would be funny.

katrinastrife
05-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Hmm... posing usually works better, if you want people to pay more attention to your costume. Skits are alright, however... wandering around with signs is getting a little old...

Scortia
05-11-2003, 08:20 PM
I'll agree with the majority... the yaoi signs were cute and creative back in the day, but now they are just overdone. If you'll be up there as Setsuna you could do a monologue about how much it sucks being reincarnated from a woman... or about a visit to a shrink (God knows he'd need one) or something. If all you want to do is a sign, use something more unique.

Psychotic Jei
05-14-2003, 04:06 AM
omfg.....that's an awesome idea. But...instead of just a shrink....Setsuna should go see FREUD!

vyrax778
05-14-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic Jei
The person with that sign at AX....was one of my friends. x_x; She was a little crazy really she inspired me to put it onto a shirt still have it hanging in my closet with all the signatures i got at AX doing it agien at this years AX :-D

cutekawaii
05-28-2003, 06:38 PM
Yeah, overdone. Everyone has a sign now.

But it WOULD be funny to see Ranma's dad as the panda with that sign XD

Not for a skit though... I mean, there is a limited number of slots available, so something that can be done in the hall can save a skit a spot!