PDA

View Full Version : ff7/rocky horror crossplay for yaoi con??

MordSith
04-06-2003, 01:29 AM
weeeeeeelll if the following title hasn't gotten you riveted, i don't know WHAT WILL.

a while ago, i stumbled upon a fanfic that was an ff7/rocky horror crossover. feckin HILARIOUS!!!

I take NOOOO credit for it!! but i always thought it'd be sooo cool to do. I don't plan on going to Yaoi, but if I could get this group together ... oh I am SO THERE!!!

IM me, PM me, email me if you have interest!!!

Come on...you knooowww you wanna be Sephiroth in drag!!!

FF7 MEETS ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW!! (http://www.angelfire.com/yt/yam1/fanfiction/FF7RH2.htm)

I can't decide if I wanna be Aeris/Janet or Tifa/Magenta...

PAIRINGS
Aeris/Janet
Zack/Brad
Sephiroth/Dr. Frankenfurter
Cloud/Rocky
Tifa/Magenta
Vincent/Riff Raff
Yuffie/Columbia
Reeve & Cait Sith/Eddie
Cid/Just sorta stuck in there...
Shera/Dr. Scott
Barrett/The Crimonologist

sooo I would say aside from barrett, shera, and reeve, these characters can all have costumes that are half rocky & half-ff.

I think I'll be Aeris, and dress as kindof a slutty Aeris ...

IM ME IF YOU WANNA DO IT BUT NEED COSTUME SUGGESTIONS!
Though i doubt you all will ... :crylaugh:

Karisu-sama
04-06-2003, 08:26 PM
Here I am. I'd at least be interested in further discussion. ^^ But we gotta get more people....

MordSith
04-06-2003, 10:46 PM
yeah, oh you'd make a great sephiroth!

announcement to all! the position of sephy has been FILLED!!

but we doo need more people ... a Cloud would be really good, at least.

Schu
04-07-2003, 10:34 AM
Dude. If for some reason I went to Yaoi-con... I would so love to be Sephiroth. ;_; too bad I have boobs. I want pictures!

MordSith
04-07-2003, 02:43 PM
awww, sure you don't want to be yuffie/columbia or tifa/magenta??

truth is, i'm not registered for yaoi, but i will if this skit comes together. so i'm hoping it does!!! plus, i dunno how to register for the yaoi masquerade, or when we have to do it by. does anyone?

Karisu-sama
04-07-2003, 08:41 PM
If a better Sephy comes along, I won't stand in his/her way... Someone really tall is good; I'm only 5'8.5"... :p (....need platforms? :p )

Widow
04-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
If a better Sephy comes along, I won't stand in his/her way... Someone really tall is good; I'm only 5'8.5"... :p (....need platforms? :p )

"Only" 5'8.5" ? That's a lot taller than most gels! And you have that really strong, androgynous body type. I'm a twig, and being 5'11" doesn't help crossplay when you're so darn stick-like. :\

How were you going to organize the masquerade, MordSith? Which parts of the fic were you going to trim?

Michi
04-07-2003, 08:51 PM
Dammiiiiit. If you weren't doing it for the masq, I could help. I'm not going to be 18 til a couple months after YaoiCon.

*goes back to practicing with Frank makeup* T_T

MordSith
04-07-2003, 09:22 PM
well, karisu, i'm 5 foot nothing so you'll be sssooooper tall next to me.

is everyone serious about the masquerade? then maybe i should register now ...

as for the skit, it would really need Aeris, Yuffie or Tifa, Sephiroth and Zack.

I'm thinking: Zack & Aeris, as the unwitting Brad & Janet, wander onto the stage, which is Shinra Mansion. There will be looks of wonder, and words of confusion.

Either Tifa in the Magenta french maid uniform will come out and engage in some man-stealer remarks with Aeris or Yuffie in Columbia's rainbow groupie getup will come out and announce something like "the master will see you now..."

the group moves across the floor, and the beginning of "sweet transvestite" will begin to play, and our Sephiroth will enter slowly...and lip synch with whatever time we have left.

since it will be short, it might end with Aeris and Zack trying to run away, cut the music and then the famous line "So, come up to the lab, and see what's on the slab. Where I'll remove the cause ... but not the symptom!"

Karisu-sama
04-07-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Widow
"Only" 5'8.5" ? That's a lot taller than most gels! And you have that really strong, androgynous body type.
--- I do?? O.O Well, I've got a certain amt. of Karate muscle, but... *looks in mirror at 36-26-36 figure which requires much art of disguise for crossplay*
I'm a twig, and being 5'11" doesn't help crossplay when you're so darn stick-like. :\
But that's such a good bishie height! (and bishies are already so stick-like!!) ^^
How were you going to organize the masquerade, MordSith? Which parts of the fic were you going to trim?
I was gonna suggest doing a particular recognizable song-sequence, with acting out certain stuff during it...

~~~~~~~

Wonder if we can get special dispensation for Michi to be in the Masq.? I don't remember any strip shows on stage, or anything - it was pretty PG-13...

MordSith
04-07-2003, 09:47 PM
it's be GREAT of michi was in it. i think i remember she had a rocky quote on her siggie.

hehe i just edited the post, lemme recopy:
as for the skit, it would really need Aeris, Yuffie or Tifa, Sephiroth and Zack.

I'm thinking: Zack & Aeris, as the unwitting Brad & Janet, wander onto the stage, which is Shinra Mansion. There will be looks of wonder, and words of confusion.

Either Tifa in the Magenta french maid uniform will come out and engage in some man-stealer remarks with Aeris or Yuffie in Columbia's rainbow groupie getup will come out and announce something like "the master will see you now..."

the group moves across the floor, and the beginning of "sweet transvestite" will begin to play, and our Sephiroth will enter slowly...and lip synch with whatever time we have left.

since it will be short, it might end with Aeris and Zack trying to run away, cut the music and then the famous line "So, come up to the lab, and see what's on the slab. Where I'll remove the cause ... but not the symptom!"

Michi
04-07-2003, 09:54 PM
This is starting to sound like the Sailormoon/RHPS skit I've wanted to do for a few years. >_>;;; Aww. ;P Rocky Horror is my hobby aside from cosplay and video games. :D Me? Life? Where? Mm, Frank.. I'm RHPS/Frank obsessive.. I can recite the entire movie as long as Frank's in the scene, usually.

"So, come up to the lab, and see what's on the slab. I see you shiver, with antici... pation. But maybe the rain is really to blame; so I'll remove the cause, but not the symptom." is the line. XD

Haha yesssss... Anyone wanna sneak me into the masquerade? :P

MordSith
04-07-2003, 09:56 PM
i know, but looks like we gotta cut EVERYTHING short. :-/

hmm there HAS to be someone on cosplay.com that you look like who's ID you can borrow...

Michi
04-07-2003, 10:00 PM
Maybe you can just do the Time Warp? And get the whole cast of characters, and make the audience get up and do it. ^_^; Ehehee.

Widow
04-07-2003, 10:38 PM
--- I do?? O.O Well, I've got a certain amt. of Karate muscle, but... *looks in mirror at 36-26-36 figure which requires much art of disguise for crossplay*

You stole my numbers!

But that's such a good bishie height! (and bishies are already so stick-like!!) ^^

:} I'm bringing a little Shesta at 5'4" to Ycon. Wanna buy? I'm also willing to rent. We can take turns knocking her over and using her head as an armrest. (But I doubt even I could get her to take part in the Rocky Horror Masq., not even after threatening to take away her Ryuugekitai smut.)

I was gonna suggest doing a particular recognizable song-sequence, with acting out certain stuff during it...

~~~~~~~

Wonder if we can get special dispensation for Michi to be in the Masq.? I don't remember any strip shows on stage, or anything - it was pretty PG-13...

Does the masq. have different age requirements than the rest of the con? I'm not person who's big on participating in them, and I never pay attention to what's going on with them.

I know another good handful of people who'll be cos'ing at Ycon that might be willing to ham it up for this. I'll point their noses towards this thread and see what they say.

Cheers!

Michi
04-07-2003, 10:57 PM
No, it's 18 everywhere. But I've said in a few other threads my idea for letting minors in... I just don't think the con would fly with it. *shrugs* They seem anal about the age thing.

Heh, I had a Sailormoon/RHPS idea with the Starlights, doing Sweet Transvestite... but I've had this idea for well over a year and never found enough people to do it. T_T.

MordSith
04-07-2003, 11:20 PM
widow, are you interested in portraying columbia? that would be more rocky than ff7 character, wheras tifa would be more ff7 than rocky.

if you wanna crossplay, we REALLY need a Zack for the skit to fly. thing is, zac is a relatively minor character in ff7.

he looks exactly like the main character, Cloud, only he has black hair. i know you haven't played the game, and even if you don't have the desire to, i won't spoil it for you. he'd be good to play b/c he is dead during the game, so he doesn't really have a PART. as in the fanfic, the author depicts his characters as dorky brad b/c zack DOESN'T have a personality.

so he could be brad majors more than anything, he just has to look like zack. Interested???? :-)

Karisu-sama
04-08-2003, 12:11 AM
I'm bringing a little Shesta at 5'4" to Ycon. Wanna buy? I'm also willing to rent. We can take turns knocking her over and using her head as an armrest. (But I doubt even I could get her to take part in the Rocky Horror Masq., not even after threatening to take away her Ryuugekitai smut.)

Oooooh, yes!! Wanna rent/buy! ;) :D My 5'1 Chesta is 6 years too young to go to Y-con, although I had Gatti last year (and will twist her I mean his arm into bringing that costume again! :p ) *must also twist husband's arm so he brings his professional photo shoot setup too*

Ryuugekitai smut!! :D I don't have nearly enough of that, although I keep looking... :D It's surpassing scarce, darn it... *haunts doujinshi venders*

Here's my Chesta, out of her uniform (but with her - uh, his - sword):
http://www.dragonsgate.net/cosplay/Costume_Studio/ChestaCivvies.jpg

MordSith
04-08-2003, 12:45 AM
i mades me a rocky banner! karisu, do you want one to display your future sephy/frankieness?

Schu
04-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Even then, I think I'm too young. *sigh* But if you need any help mixing music or stuff, I'll be glad to help :)

MordSith
04-08-2003, 12:38 PM
awww, another one too young! :eek: we're gonna have to do this again once you and michi are old enough! but thanks for the offer on music, i'll keep that in mind. btw-- your hair looks kickass in your avatar!!

Widow
04-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Oooooh, yes!! Wanna rent/buy! ;) :D My 5'1 Chesta is 6 years too young to go to Y-con, although I had Gatti last year (and will twist her I mean his arm into bringing that costume again! :p ) *must also twist husband's arm so he brings his professional photo shoot setup too*

Ryuugekitai smut!! :D I don't have nearly enough of that, although I keep looking... :D It's surpassing scarce, darn it... *haunts doujinshi venders*

I don't know about you, but I don't own
http://beatus.boboki.com/temp/cutpanel.jpg
ANY
http://beatus.boboki.com/temp/ID.jpg
Ryuugekitai-related sass.

Here's my Chesta, out of her uniform (but with her - uh, his - sword):

I know you (and she) must have heard this a thousand times before, but she's a little looker. ^_^ Shame on you for corrupting your babies. Shame. Also, please encourage your Gatti to come play! I'm currently in the process of seeking out the perfect model to wear a Dallet costume, too, for anyone reading this thread that might be willing to crossplay...nudge...nudgenudgewink. 9_9 I'll learn to be subtle someday.

...what...what does Zack look like, again, Mord? I am FF impaired, I need pictures!

Michi
04-08-2003, 02:25 PM
Zack looks like an older Cloud with black spikey hair down his back. @_@ I attached a fanart of him. ^_^

If you guys are worried about time... did I mention the Time Warp idea already? o.o

Karisu-sama
04-08-2003, 08:12 PM
I know you (and she) must have heard this a thousand times before, but she's a little looker.
Yah, s'why we enrolled her in Karate young, and now she's a Junior Olympic Sparring champion.
Shame on you for corrupting your babies. Shame.
:p :p :p "I am now so shamed". Heh heh. :p She also crossplays Kenshin, and has plans to be Inu Yasha. My other one crossplays chibi Anakin Skywalker. (Note; Shmi Skywalker is STRICTLY an accessory to the kid's costume. That is NOT my type of cosplay character! - Those costumes were actually made for the Star Wars 1/2time show at the Ani-Magic masquerade last year.)
http://www.dragonsgate.net/cosplay/Costume_Studio/AnakinShmi2.jpg
Also, please encourage your Gatti to come play!
She's a friend of mine, and I think she IS planning on going back to Y-con this year, so.... ^___^ I take it you are also a Dilandau cosplayer? Whee! Let's see how many Ryuugekitai we can scare up, heh heh...

Michi
04-08-2003, 11:09 PM
Karisu! You fit Shmi well, though. ^_^ I remember going O_O during the half time show in awe. :P

MordSith
04-08-2003, 11:19 PM
i haven't heard back from the yaoi guy about time limit. i have a friend that might be columbia/yuffie...she's on the local rocky cast, but hasn't played 7 either.

Widow
04-08-2003, 11:21 PM
^_^(\ I don't know I'm manly enough to do your Zack! I have a lot on my plate for Ycon already, but if you end up really short, I can probably be talked in to helping last minute.

MordSith
04-08-2003, 11:41 PM
okie! we'll keep an eye out for zacks...