PDA

View Full Version : so.... how was it?

kitti-chan
04-06-2003, 05:45 PM
I wanted to go so bad and i was only an hour away but i couldnt get any one to drive me there not even today....
so how was it? and what all was there?

Nine
04-06-2003, 11:39 PM
it was fuuuun!!!!!! i cried when it ended. XD im such a dork.

Shadow Lady
04-07-2003, 12:45 AM
I was great!

I watched tons of anime, watched my friend perform in a skit, and bought tons of cool stuff. *hugs plushies*

I only wish I had more time to hang out in the arcade.

Raider3
04-07-2003, 02:53 AM
I survived, though the Forces of Evil conspired to wreck our skit in Masquerade (we were the PSO cosplayers, and our music was started way too early!! ), and of course, the frequently broken elevators.

Nonetheless, it was an overall good time, and nice to see how it's done in Washington state.

Took quite a few pictures, and now I need to get them up... (fasttracking what I can)

Thanks goes out to Eurobeat King for handling my camera for one of the big group shots! :)

sovereign
04-07-2003, 04:36 PM
*-* It was great.

I was the Yu~ki person... transformed into Yu~ki neko.. and carrying around a hide plushy. ^^;;

But yes...IT WAS GREAT! XD

Eurobeat King
04-07-2003, 05:49 PM
I had a LOT of fun, considering it technically was my FIRST time to Sakuracon (last time was 6 years ago for Year-One of Bakacon) and so I had a great time meeting a lot of new people, like people on the Sakuracon message board, as well as friends from the Bay Area like Moo, AJ, ArtWolf, Momma Kenshin, Jeanne, and more. I took a TON of pictures also, and again have over 1100 pictures to post like I did at Katsucon. There were a few repeats since I had a couple of photoshoots of my friends' wonderful costumes (thanks to Jeanne, Manda, Lauryn, & Colette) but I still managed to get most of the costumes during the con. (If I missed your costume, I apologize, as it was busy for me those 3 dayz..)

Overall I had a great time, and will go back next year if the scheduling is right. Nice meeting everyone who went and said hi to me, and hope to see you all there! :skidude2:

Sailor Naboo
04-07-2003, 05:50 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my photo Eurobeat King took of me on Saturday. Everyone who has seen the photo it says I look looks l should be cast as Hermione for the 7th Harry Potter movie. <blush> My natural hair color is very dark brown, so I didn't know what I'd like like with long curly light brown hair.

I could not believe the reaction that costume got!

moo
04-07-2003, 09:41 PM
*wakes up after massive post-con sleep-a-thon*

Sakuracon was very spiffy and I even managed to make it to two panels, which was two more than at Katsucon. XD

I met Nine, who crossplayed a great Lulu and Naga. He's really cool and sweet in person! Also saw quite a number of folks from the Bay Area. Hurray for the NorCal contingent!

The locale itself was odd... so narrow and long of hallways. I walked a lot this past weekend, which was good since it's exercise. ^_^;; It was incredibly easy to create roadblocks... just find a cosplayer from the same series (or even a random crossover!), pose together and bammo, instant wall o' photographers!

I would go again next year since it's a nice small con that's not too far away, but am not too sure on that since I don't know where I'll be at that time.

ducky_feet
04-07-2003, 09:48 PM
Yay, you met Nine! He's my buddy, LOL. Yeah, he does an EXCELLENT Lulu costume! I love it. I wish I could have been there to see it though! *kicks schoolwork*

A J
04-07-2003, 10:21 PM
I wasn't there for very long (4 hours or so) so all I really saw was the Dealers Room, but I loved the people. Everyone was so friendly! :)

Yeah the long hallways were rather interesting. Every time you stopped for pictures, big traffic jam... everyone was really patient about it though which was really cool.

I was there as BloodRayne... vampire chick with ridiculous stilleto heels and big ass blades.

-AJ

Zeki
04-07-2003, 10:24 PM
It was lotsa fun ^_- I need to post here more often hehe! I'd like to meet more new ppl next year though!

I'm pretty sure I have a pic of you A J ^^

I cosplayed as bear lain and Sana but I dun think many ppl have pics of me bwahaha all afreared I would break their cameras. XD

Shadow Lady
04-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by A J
I was there as BloodRayne... vampire chick with ridiculous stilleto heels and big ass blades.

-AJ

I saw you at the Con. Cool costume ^_^

Serenader
04-07-2003, 11:21 PM
I was...Mana. ^^; Bing. And it was great. >D I saw Eurobeat and...I was amused.

Dude. Nine...you RULE. I shrieked really loud and cackled with you at the cosplay. >3 I was the blue-haired chick in the third row standing to the side with a camera. >_>

Can't wait to do it again next year! >D

Aoshi Shinomori
04-08-2003, 03:40 AM
I saw u as Bloodrayne.. u were with Al on saturday.. cool costume. I was the Aoshi on Saturday and Sesshoumaru on Friday

A J
04-08-2003, 03:57 AM
Thanks Shadow Lady!

Hi Aoshi! I KNEW you looked familiar! I just couldn't for the life of me remember where I'd seen you... only at like every CA event. Sorry that didn't register! I didn't get much sleep the night before so I was really out of it. ^^

Someone start posting pics! I wanna see all the costumes and people I missed seeing. :)

-AJ

Brand-X
04-08-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Nine
it was fuuuun!!!!!! i cried when it ended. XD im such a dork.

Hey look its Nine, I keep seeing you everywhere on forums ^_^

To tell you the truth, you're the one who got me here, so blah, yeah, hehe

Anyways... yeah... S-Con was pretty fun, I loved your Lulu, best one I've seen (On a side note, while you probably have no clue who I am, and I doubt this'll help, I asked you for a pen a few times while you were working the cosplay.com table).

Anyways, thankyas, and I know this is off topic, but damn Sakuracon was awesome... hehe

Aoshi Shinomori
04-08-2003, 04:22 AM
heh yeah i ve seen u at every CA event.. heh next time i see u ill say hi and stuff. yeah u looked really tired but looked really cool as Bloodrayne. i like the swords that were on your arms. u were there for only a lil bit? well i hope u had fun. i had lot of fun. yeah everyone was nice there.

nekomi
04-08-2003, 05:15 AM
SC was so much fun! Nine you were beautiful as Lulu & Naga! There were alot of awesome costumes at the con. I've got my Ein plushie *hugs Ein*! I hope to see everyone again at SC 2004!

Hikaru Tsuki
04-08-2003, 10:09 PM
I had so much fun! And who would've thought so many anime fans are also wrestling fans? That was GREAT! Especially the masquerade skit with Shawn Michaels' music. Hehe, got me hyped to wear that costume afterwards.

I met so many people there! Including an online friend of mine who ends up being a friend of an ex-friend of a friend of mine. *LAUGH* Small world, eh?

I had so much fun in the masquerade, Nine, you made our skit what it was!

Raider3
04-09-2003, 03:58 AM
In response to pictures, I've got my small collection (42 pictures made it!) up on my website, at www.raider3.com (http://www.raider3.com) - Just go to "Anime", "Anime Con-Quests", and then to "Sakura-Con".

It pales in comparison to Fans' View, and possibly LionBoogy's LLNN report when it posts, but at least I'm getting off my butt and posting con photos for once. I knew I couldn't go wrong with a digital camera.

Now, I just need to work on being less shy, asking more folks for pictures, and taking more of them... (eek... when will i find time for sleep?)

Next con up: Anime Central, next month... staffing it, but I'll find time and energy to get out and see folks and stuff.

Quetzalcoatl
04-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Here's mine: http://www.qzco.net/sakuracon2k3/

sovereign
04-09-2003, 03:09 PM
LOL! Oh my God! In a picture in the Saturday pictures... one of Deijiko.. you can see me and my friend Jasmine sitting behind in the background. *dies* ^^; *continues to browse Quetzalcoatl's gallery*

ducky_feet
04-09-2003, 07:07 PM
*Looks through Quetzalcoatl's gallery* Wow, you sure got a LOT of hugs Nine! I think you've got some personal fans now! ^___^

Aimee Evilpixie
04-09-2003, 11:34 PM
'allo, all. First post to this board. New member. ^_^;;

I loved Sakura-con! It was my best con ever! And my second con ever... And considering that my first con was Aka-con... Yes. This was much better. Anyway.

It was great! I had a total blast! I loved it there. I cried when I had to leave, too...

I was Saan, Miyu, and Michiru, BTW. I was in the cosplay with two Larvas. Our skit was about finding out which Larva was the real one.

*sniffles* I wish it wasn't over...

Shadowblade
04-13-2003, 04:10 AM
Raider3 nice pics on your site. A differnt take on Kenshin huh? I ordered a white hakama for the costume but it did not come in in time, as of this post it still has not come in. The black one will be put to good use in a future Kuno costume.

I had an infantly better time at SC this year than last year! For those who saw boo, I feel no regret. I may not have constructed him (thank my friend Alan) but it was my idea of putting my other friend in costume with out his knowing that spawned the doll. Those of you that are MT fans probably saw boo floating around Friday and Saturday, if you have pics of boo can you please send them to me.

mochan42
04-13-2003, 10:34 PM
I feel reeeeeeal left out considering Sakura-con was my first convention and everyone else sounds so...experienced. o_o; I didn't know about conventions until a year ago. >_< Definitely going to change that though! Mwahaha, now that I know, I'm going to go to every convention that's in my reach!
Any who...I was one of the many Sailor Saturn's, the one in the cosplay contest...not the one with all the other sailor moon characters who's music got messed up (poor them! I feel bad that that happened!), just me. I went from 8 in the morning to 10 at night on saturday, it was really fun except for the fact that it was hard to figure out what was going on at what time. I should probably end this gastly long reply...^^ I hope at more conventions I can meet more people, I was mostly scoping it out this time. :) I need to find more anime, cosplaying people who live close to me. ^^;

--Subu

Raider3
04-14-2003, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Shadowblade
Raider3 nice pics on your site. A differnt take on Kenshin huh? I ordered a white hakama for the costume but it did not come in in time, as of this post it still has not come in. The black one will be put to good use in a future Kuno costume.

Ah, then Kenshin from the first 4-volume Rurouni Kenshin OAVs (a.k.a. Samurai X: Trust/Betrayal - Preview Info on the "Sessho Hen" OAVs - a.k.a. Samurai X: Reflection - suggests ADV is releasing a "director's cut" of the first OAV series - unless the DVD version was it... I need to hop over to ADV's site to get more info.)

That helps to explain about your costume. Hope that white hakama comes in soon.

Shadowblade
04-15-2003, 12:58 AM
I hope so to, but some places you just need to kick the owner operater to get things done.

Aoshi Shinomori
04-15-2003, 02:49 AM
I had fun before and during sakuracon.. i met an online friend who we planned to go see wrestlemania but i couldnt go but at the last minute decided to go and we met and hung out.. then we saw each other again when we took the greyhound to seattle.. it was cool cuz we both like HBK..

Dante-chan
04-15-2003, 09:06 PM
Hey, I'm sort of new to cosplay.com but I've been going to Sakura-con since Baka-con'98. Some people might remember me last year as the girl with large Staff, large black cape and elf ears or the eastside anime founder. This year I was Dante from the video game Devil May Cry and Kuja from FF9.
I have to say Eurobeag King pictures of me, and lot of other people came out really good. I just got to say I like them! ^_^
I remember the past Sakura-con anime convention were always that good, off and on they were. This year rocked though!

I got to stay with two new friends of mine, with there friend Allen and Akuma Chris. Isn't Chris just one coolest guy out there? HE so nice! He'll like give hugs and cheer up peoples day. ^_^

Glad you had fun at your frist convention Subu! IT cool you got to do cosplay though! That always fun! ^_^

For those interested in having more time in hanging out a meeting more people, besides the Cherry Blossum Fair coming up at the Seattle Center there's supposly a Sakura'con/EAstside Anime BBQ that happens yearly. I think its the weekend at the end July this year if anyone interested. USually they have lots of games going on there, the only thing they ask for is food. *shrugs* Wasn't sure if you guys were interested or not, thought if people were interested in meetingand hanging out with others from the convention again.

mochan42
04-15-2003, 09:35 PM
Hey that might be fun. ^_^ A specific date and stuff would be nice if you ever figure out the info, let us know. :)

--Subu

Zeki
04-19-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Dante-chan
I got to stay with two new friends of mine, with there and Akuma Chirs. Chris just one coolest guy outthere? HE so nice! He'll like give hugs nd cheer up peoples day. ^_^

I was over at your guys's room friday night w/ rachel. When he was giving a leg massage to livia and miyuki-chan in wonderland was on :P If that was the room you were in he may have just been visiting but i figured that was the same room ^_- You might not have been there cause I'm braindead and st00pid :p

Dante-chan
04-21-2003, 12:53 PM
Eh? Cool! Were you with Susan and manda_neko? I remeber a dude being with them. PArdon my lack of remembering names. *whimper* Gomen. ^^ I remember several peoples coming in and out of the room. It's great how Dawn got to have her B-day at the convention! hehehe Who else were you staying with? MAyhaps I remember once I am told of your great staying'ness thee Sakura-con, will be able to place you. XD I might not have seen you then though.... I remember watching Miyuki-chan in wonderland in the room and no one being in there at the time.... though I could maybe just be stup00d too. ^^;

Zeki
04-21-2003, 10:34 PM
I'mma girl :P And I dun know Susan or manda_neko...or at least I don't think I do *scratches head*

I was staying W/ Edie and Sarah in the marriot so we was just visiting hehe

Nine
04-24-2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by moo
I met Nine, who crossplayed a great Lulu and Naga. He's really cool and sweet in person!

Aww thanks! You were really awesome to hang out with when everyone was watching the AMVs.. hehe

Originally posted by ducky_feet
Yay, you met Nine! He's my buddy, LOL. Yeah, he does an EXCELLENT Lulu costume! I love it. I wish I could have been there to see it though! *kicks schoolwork*

I may wear it again!! BTW, I need to email u about the henshin wands. XD

Originally posted by Serenader

Dude. Nine...you RULE. I shrieked really loud and cackled with you at the cosplay. >3 I was the blue-haired chick in the third row standing to the side with a camera. >_>

Aah, I didn't see you! (It was hard to see the people in the audience with the lighting ;_; Did you happen to get any pics of the skit? ^^;

Originally posted by Brand-X
Hey look its Nine, I keep seeing you everywhere on forums ^_^

To tell you the truth, you're the one who got me here, so blah, yeah, hehe

Anyways... yeah... S-Con was pretty fun, I loved your Lulu, best one I've seen (On a side note, while you probably have no clue who I am, and I doubt this'll help, I asked you for a pen a few times while you were working the cosplay.com table).

I know who you are! lol Thanks for the compliments on my Lulu costume *blush*! I'm not so happy with it.. I'm going to put different fur on it and make a new and better bustier.. but that can wait. hehe

Originally posted by nekomi
SC was so much fun! Nine you were beautiful as Lulu & Naga!

Aww, thank you so much!! *mega blush*

Originally posted by Hikaru Tsuki

I had so much fun in the masquerade, Nine, you made our skit what it was!

You made the skit what it was, because you came up with the idea! :P

Originally posted by ducky_feet
*Looks through Quetzalcoatl's gallery* Wow, you sure got a LOT of hugs Nine! I think you've got some personal fans now! ^___^

I hugged an uber amount of people at the con.. i didnt wanna leave *Cries*

Dante-chan
04-24-2003, 07:50 PM
durrrr... I feel bad. ~.~ That's the second time to today mistook someone. Gomen nasai!!!
My friend liz with staying at the Marriot, *tear* I never got over and knew that my one close friends was had been able to make it was over there. ;_; Chirs just a cool guy, like being cool with everyone, he's just all over the place being his ever so Charismatic self.

*hugs to nine* Yeah I didn't any of us wanted to leave too! This one of my favorite Sakura-cons. Too bad I never got to meet you though. Maybe if my friend still wants to do his LuLu, you guys could have plushie battles or something. XD That just kick ass that you have coolness to dress up as the characters LuLu and Naga. You pulled them off prefectly! ^_^