PDA

View Full Version : What events are you looking forward to?

Allia
04-06-2003, 10:36 PM
I was just wondering what events people were looking forward to. I have never seen anime music videos before so I wan't to see that. Does any one have any suggestions for what events to go to. I have only been to two other cons and did not do much because I was confused and did not know what to go to. I'm going to the dances eventhough I can't dance. I think people should have a non official dance contest. That would be great. My friend kind of started one at Anime North last year and danced for a long time and ended up winning. It was so funny to watch. So just interested in what people are looking forward to in less than two weeks.

hikura
04-06-2003, 11:19 PM
Well i am hitting the AMV's defintely.Never been to one before.Going to at leastone of the karoke's.This is defintely fun to do.There is no doubt i am going to the masquerade.Way to fun to miss this.I want to speak with Hiroki Kanno.He is the gentleman that has done a few things you might have heard about(bebop to name one).I missed him down in AXNY.They held it in a room that was way to small and to many people wanted to see him.Plus i want to talk with tiffany grant.I loved how she did asuka langely.Despite me disliking asuka's charcter she is a great actress.These are some events you can go to(yoru already going to amv's..while i never have been to one before i have seen lots of them).Just cehck out the schedule on animeboston website.They should get that page updated soon.They have some times already up.Plus i can take you to anything you want(i mean that in a friendly way) if your not sure on anything.

JacksUsername
04-07-2003, 12:27 AM
Mmm, I heard there's going to be some DDR at the convention...I am hoping that proves to be true, because it will definetly be fun and amusing to watch and play DDR in costume. :)

hikura
04-07-2003, 12:38 AM
Just fun watching DDR but real fun if your in costume.Nothing like seeing a ranma or maybe sailor moon doing that.lol

sailor-moon
04-07-2003, 01:14 AM
i want to see the AMV's!!! and i want to actually "watch" the cosplay XD haha instead of being in it for a change^__^

JacksUsername
04-07-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by sailor-moon
i want to see the AMV's!!! and i want to actually "watch" the cosplay XD haha instead of being in it for a change^__^

hehe, sitting this one out, eh? That's cool, are you planning on taking a complete costume break, or will you be roaming the halls in costume?

sailor-moon
04-07-2003, 01:46 AM
oh ill be in costume all weekend^_^ im only bringin a max of 3 cotumes thought, Eternal Sailor Moon, Usagi's Stars School Uniform, and maybe Sara's blue dress from angel sanctuary.

Koumori
04-07-2003, 10:08 AM
Since I have to pull out of the masquerade due to a poor choice of vendor (didn't bother telling me the boots I ordered two months ago were backordered until last week - odds are VERY slim that I will have them in time) I'll be looking forward to watching that. I know a couple of people who are doing panels, including the owners of the site that posts my fanfics, so I'm looking forward to meeting them. The way it's looking now, I may not even be in costume half the weekend!

Allia
04-07-2003, 10:20 AM
I almost forgot about DDR. I want to watch and maybe play a few games but I'm not that good. I have seen some people whom my friends and I have named the Jesus of DDR. I remember over the summer this kid came to Rochester to visit his grandparents and he said he looked for hours for a DDR machine. He was incredible. I watched him for hours and he just kept going. Anyway I want to go to some panels even if my friends ditch me to do something else. Thanks Hikura I might take up your offer (knowing that my friends will probably stay in the game room most of the time).

number18
04-07-2003, 11:46 AM
AB is going to be my first con...so I'm not quite sure what to expect. I am hoping to maybe get some pictures ...I definitely want to see the masquerade, definitely want to attend the dances, check out the video game tournaments, maybe compete in a couple of them myself. I want to check out the vendors of course. I don't really have any big, dying interest in most of the panels or voice actors...so I think I will just be wandering the con, hopefully in a calm manner.

But really I am looking forward to seeing all the costumes. ^_^

hikura
04-07-2003, 03:16 PM
Allia: Like i said the offer stands in a friendly way.Includes leaving the con area.If you want a meal or go to stores in boston(weather permitting) and are not sure if you want to go alone i wouldn't mind at all.I do not bite just growl lmao.
Sailor-moon: I thought you were in masquerade at this con?I understand if your not in it.Sounds like you go to alot of these things.

evil_neko
04-07-2003, 03:18 PM
I just can't wait to see all the cosplayers around and make new friends ^_^ (god I sound corny...)

EvilMoogleQueen
04-07-2003, 04:27 PM
theres nothing specific I'm looking foward too... just the con in general. I'm looking foward to the masquerade... even though im not going to be in it. Theyre just so funny though...

hikura
04-07-2003, 04:37 PM
*evil_neko is not corny*.Anyways i am also just in general lookign forward to this con.First time i will be at a "true" anime con for the entire weekend.Plus sounds of this con it will be big.

sailor-moon
04-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by hikura

Sailor-moon: I thought you were in masquerade at this con?I understand if your not in it.Sounds like you go to alot of these things.

yea i need to tell michiru that i cant do it and to take me off the list-.- i really only want to hang with friends at this con^.^

JacksUsername
04-07-2003, 06:25 PM
quick question about this convention...if you are just planning wearing costumes in the halls and such, do I have to worry about pre-registration or anything, or is that only for people masquerading and such.
thanks

hikura
04-07-2003, 06:45 PM
No need to pre-register any costume you have.You can wear costumes where ever and when ever you want.You will be seeing people wearing them no matter where you are.

Something Lulu
04-08-2003, 01:48 AM
This is the first Masquerade I'm participating in, so I'm a little nervous, to tell the truth. We're still putting stuff together. I hope it turns out to be a fun experience.

I just checked out the ABoston website and it sounds like there will be some good panels, so I'm going to try and catch a bunch of those. Plus some video games (*not* DDR), and the game show stuff, and the dances. I'm probably going to try to stay away from the Dealer's Hall because I won't have a lot of money to spend, but that's always a good place to spot cool costumes so I'm sure I'll stop in every so often. I'm pretty excited about this con, I just need to make sure I get everything done in time. >_<

rei_hino
04-08-2003, 06:10 PM
oh yeah

WHOSE LINE IS IT ANIME
is a definite thing lol
my friends and i hopefully wanna do a funny karaoke song.
and im grabbing my money and heading for the dealership room

TyJILDown
04-08-2003, 07:02 PM
I'm also worried about getting everything done in time...having last minute problems with wigs due to a bad custom order and the wrong color purple sent...I'll have to deal.

I'm just there to hang out and I'll just do things as the day goes along ^_^ I'll see what I end up going to when I get there.