PDA

View Full Version : Sakura Matsuri 2007 [For MD, VA, WV and surrounding areas]

Lumasnati
02-15-2007, 07:49 AM
ALRIGHT!

This year's Sakura Matsuri is on the same date [I'm pretty sure] as it was last year...

This year, let's hope it won't rain... X__X;; Doing Bleach in the rain is NEVER a good idea. ^^;;

Star_Angel
02-18-2007, 11:57 PM
The date on the webpage for the street fest. is April 14th

I will be there like I have been for the past few years. not sure if I will costume this year.(because Im so glad I did not last year because it was crazy cold and rainy) but I will be there!

stafffighter
02-19-2007, 09:24 PM
I missed the last couple of years but I would like to try come. Not sure if I will cosplay but I would like to come and meet some of my fellow VA/MD cosplayers

makotohanabi
02-20-2007, 02:12 PM
You know you forgot DC and DE, right? I'll be there, probably as Aya chan, but it depends on what the weather gods throw at us. Odd number years seem to be fine, we should be good.

Turkinolith
02-26-2007, 07:13 AM
I hope it clears up by then, however with the history of the weather of late I won't be able to bet on it.

Definitely plan on going if its clear however!

Gogglegirl
02-26-2007, 12:04 PM
waaa~!! I'm going to be in Connecticut that day~!! Man...i wanted to go too. *is sad*

inuyashasgurl
02-26-2007, 04:00 PM
i may go as kagome.But i forget is it at the jefferson memorial like it was last time?And i really hope that it doesnt rain this year.I got my kikyou costume messed up last year because of the rain.

Lumasnati
02-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Well. We can have it at the Jefferson Memorial, or do you wanna have it at the Federal Triangle Metro stop? It is LITERALLY in the center of where everything is. Then we can go walking around. ^^;;

makotohanabi
02-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Federal Triangle will be very, very crowded since it's the closest station to the street festival. Also it's confusing and people may get turned around (I do everytime I go) and not find each other. Finally, certain people *raises hand* get a little too much attention when waiting near metro stations.

Jefferson Memorial is probably the best way to go. Everyone knows where it is and it will be easy to spot each other.

Lumasnati
02-26-2007, 09:33 PM
-nodnod- Okay. You hear that everyone? The meet up is at the Jefferson Memorial. It's a walk, but it ensures no one gets lost...

But this is DC. XD We're bound to get lost anyway.

Bagu
02-27-2007, 09:47 AM
You know, its a pity someone couldn't bring a big tent we could set up on the mall.

If its a nice day people will be out on the mall playing soccer and football, so I doubt they'd mind a tent.

Having a cookout would be sweet..

If I go I'm thinking about bring the Darcia costume, but he might freak a few people out...

Lumasnati
02-27-2007, 01:28 PM
^^;; That would freak people out. But that's not a bad idea, Bagu. What do you guys say?

Bagu
02-27-2007, 03:14 PM
You know what would what be funny...if we could make a float to participate in the parade ;)

Actually, we should all just meet up at J-Pop Land

http://www.sakuramatsuri.org/index_files/Page669.htm

dustbunny
02-27-2007, 03:20 PM
i really want to go
i jsut hope it does not rain
and what i wear i guess depends on what everyone else is doing and what the temp will be outside.

I.N.K.
02-27-2007, 04:46 PM
K: If we don't go with school, and the weather isn't horrible, we might wear something...but this is just me speaking...not all of us.

Donfoxy
02-27-2007, 06:22 PM
n_n I'll be there!
the thought of a cook out sounds fun! I suggested (if the weather is nice) having a cosplay picnic.
I don't know what to wear now though I planned on wearing Fuu from Samurai Champloo to the street festival but I may go with some friends that first weekend they bloom and have a picnic in costume.
(yeah I love to have picnics and eat XD).
So maybe I can do Fuu for one and something else for the other.

We'll see :3

Zyphen
02-27-2007, 11:07 PM
I was there last year and hope the weather is good enough to really enjoy it this year. If it doesn't rain, I'll cosplay. If it's cold, I'll do Roy again. Else, I might do Ryuho from Scryed if the costume is ready by then.

Parasaurolophus
02-28-2007, 01:33 AM
Wooo the street festival is in the week between Easter and Anime Boston!! NIIICE. I'll probably be out at the cherry blossoms all weekend, since that will be the only weekendfree for me in April. I'll probably wear my Fuu/Kimono one day, and maybe something different for the street festival.

I'd suggest maybe not meeting at the Jefferson Memorial, since it is on the complete opposite side of the street festival. Maybe somewhere around in the Washington Monument area? Its away from the metro, but doesn't involve a huge hike around the tidal pool (which is like 2 hikes, since you have to walk out and back again).

....I'm just thinking of my poor legs walking around in geta all day.

inuyashasgurl
03-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Lets just hope that the weather is good this year.And yay for meeting at the Jefferson Memorial. So should we meet outside or inside of it.And if you see me im kagome that doesnt have her clog shoes or whatever they are.I wear ninja shoes instead and i have a kitty tail and Kagomes yellow bag so if you see all that thats me ^_^ (i know im going way out of the conversation and im doing my own design of kagome) So yay i hope the weathers nice for a cookout and stuff.Im going to bring a friend hopefully that will go as Eiri yuki.

SaChan
03-06-2007, 10:05 PM
I'd love to do this! If I can get TJ Sakura done in time, I can hop on the metro and meet you all there, wherever everyone decides to meet. ^_^ I might drag along friends/siblings, too!

ChibiTifa05
03-07-2007, 03:05 AM
I'll be there as Movie School Girl Anthy. I can't wait to meet up with all of you! ^^

Lumasnati
03-07-2007, 06:43 AM
Okay. -thinks- We'll meet outside the Jefferson Memorial. Look for a wierdo [Me] in Kingdom Hearts Cosplay. XDD