PDA

View Full Version : Haruhai Dance Meetup!

DizzyFan
02-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Okay, for those of you that've heard of the anime "Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu," you may be familiar with this dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mljdpRp41I4

For AWA, my friends and I are getting together and learning it, and we're going to do it at random intervals. But I think it would be AWESOME if we all set a meeting time and got as many people to join us as we could! That way, we could all do the dance in the lobby!

PLEASE JOIN! If you want to, please watch the video and learn the dance! ^__^

So far we have around 5 or 6 people.

(The title is a typo, it's spelled "Haruhi," I know. xD)

phantomthief
02-18-2007, 01:12 AM
You know Ari's in ^________^
Not sure what I'll be wearing but I'm guessing this is Saturday midday or similar so likley either Train or Alucard.

Oh my... more Train Creed madness possibly?

~Ari-chan

DalaiLiam
02-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Woo hijacking thread! Don't make me pull Sven out of retirement. :P Hijacking Over, Crisis averted.

Actually I'd been debating on doing one of the school uniforms. I'm kinda on the edge(Due to it being so simple to do, and having to budget time to wear it). Persuade me?

DizzyFan
02-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Woo hijacking thread! Don't make me pull Sven out of retirement. :P Hijacking Over, Crisis averted.

Actually I'd been debating on doing one of the school uniforms. I'm kinda on the edge(Due to it being so simple to do, and having to budget time to wear it). Persuade me?

Everyone will take our picture/ video if the group is big enough or we do it often enough.

sweet_magic
02-18-2007, 10:21 PM
I've never seen that anime before, but I admit it does look like fun to do. n_n

Me and my friends mastered the Mickey Mouse dance feat. Gackt:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_iqlsBSaTs in matter of minutes and performed it randomly at school. So I think learning this dance won't be too hard.

Anyway, you can count me in. Though you might have to find a time in which the lobby area won't be too crowded (and maybe we could do it near that big area by the dealer's room too?).

teddybomber005
02-18-2007, 11:01 PM
oh man If I learn it before then I will so come and do the dance

DizzyFan
02-19-2007, 05:40 PM
I've never seen that anime before, but I admit it does look like fun to do. n_n

Me and my friends mastered the Mickey Mouse dance feat. Gackt:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_iqlsBSaTs in matter of minutes and performed it randomly at school. So I think learning this dance won't be too hard.

Anyway, you can count me in. Though you might have to find a time in which the lobby area won't be too crowded (and maybe we could do it near that big area by the dealer's room too?).

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Ever heard of the visual kei band D? I'm gnna be doing this dance dressed as Asagi. x33333

sweet_magic
02-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Hehe, cool. It'll be a "jrocker gone crazy" moment. XD I might be able to do the dance dressed as hide from the Pink Spider PV. Just depends on what day and time we're talking.

DizzyFan
02-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Hehe, cool. It'll be a "jrocker gone crazy" moment. XD I might be able to do the dance dressed as hide from the Pink Spider PV. Just depends on what day and time we're talking.

I'll figure that all out later. >> xD

Kiero1125
03-21-2007, 12:49 AM
I was actually thinking about this today... I would totally do that.. if I could learn it. O_O

GreatSG
03-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Hmmm, too bring my Kyon costume or not. Doubt i'd actually dance, but I'd be there for support.

Ph34rPirogoeth
08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Hmmm, too bring my Kyon costume or not. Doubt i'd actually dance, but I'd be there for support.

oh It would be great if you did, we have the whole SOS brigade minus a kyon. We were looking for one.

Amechan
08-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Oooo, tell me what time and I'll totally try to get some awesome pictures. ^^

Inked~Wrong
08-14-2007, 02:26 PM
I'll dance in my JUN Outfit. Just make sure it's after the Cosplay contest Judging.

ryoogawa
08-14-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm definately in :3 Though I'd like to know a general time we might be doing this once or twice... that way I can make sure I'm not wearing the all-pleather Kadaj outfit and dying from the heat xD;;

Aqua's Rhapsody
08-15-2007, 11:44 PM
oh It would be great if you did, we have the whole SOS brigade minus a kyon. We were looking for one.

So now we definately have Kyon xD. We dragged our friend Sarah into it :D

Hikari_chan56
08-17-2007, 09:57 PM
I WANT TO DO IT TOO! Are we allowed to do it even if we're not cosplaying from the Suzumiya cast? :3

livvylove
08-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm learning it so I'm in. Give me a place and time (not too early on Friday because who knows when we will be done with that horrible registration line and traffic)

I'm debating on buying the Uniforms off ebay because I simply don't have time this year to make much but I love the outfits. Anyone bought the outfits from cosplayying off ebay?

OneWingedSeraph
08-18-2007, 09:36 AM
You people are my heroes! This is the kind of stuff that makes anime cons so much fun. ^_^

And ebay's awesome! Both my Sephiroth and Rufus Shinra came from eBay (Rufus came from HunnyLee, she's teh best!). =)

Aqua's Rhapsody
08-18-2007, 06:40 PM
I WANT TO DO IT TOO! Are we allowed to do it even if we're not cosplaying from the Suzumiya cast? :3

Of course!

Hikari_chan56
08-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Word from the wise:: NEVER BUY FROM THE EBAYER WHO GOES UNDER THE NAME "Reverie By Design"! Her costumes /look/ really nice and are really cheap but I ordered two of them and they turned out to be CRAP. So dont' be fooled by the pretty pictures, positive feedback, or anything! But Human_go is a good seller and so is Hunny Lee ^_^

Hikari_chan56
08-19-2007, 12:06 AM
And yay! I can't wait to do the Hare Hare Yukai ^_^ I already have it all memorized :3 Does anybody know exactly when and where we'll do the dance at?

DizzyFan
08-19-2007, 12:34 PM
God the typo in the thread title is bothering me, but it no let me edit. T_T

We're not sure when this will be, but probably will be Saturday afternoon or evening outside. >> Um. << This'll be fun. xD

ryoogawa
08-19-2007, 05:57 PM
I hope it's Saturday evening ;-;

Miroku205
08-19-2007, 08:06 PM
I would like to join if you all don't mind.

I also like the idea of Saturday evening.

Hikari_chan56
08-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Saturday evening sounds great to me <3

Iwiwal
08-19-2007, 11:40 PM
I know the tv length dance, so give me a time, and I'm totally in. Heh, I might even have the Lucky Star opening memorized by then. XD;

DizzyFan
08-21-2007, 07:44 PM
I know the tv length dance, so give me a time, and I'm totally in. Heh, I might even have the Lucky Star opening memorized by then. XD;

You do know that because you said that, you're going to have to do the Lucky Star dance for us all, too.

LadyShizuka
08-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Ever heard of the visual kei band D? I'm gnna be doing this dance dressed as Asagi. x33333

I so want to do it but I'm not sure if I'll learn the whole thing XDD I could ask my friend to do it with me!! Your going as Asagi?! Sweetness!! I'll definitly take pictures XD

Hikari_chan56
08-22-2007, 07:27 PM
What's the Lucky Star opening? And is there a dance beyond the TV length? xD

livvylove
08-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Is there a video of the full lucky star dance?

VG head
08-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure if you look up on youtube "lucky star op" or something to that effect, you can find the dance sequence. But personally, I think the haruhi dance is a little bit more dancey than the lucky star dance, so just stick with haruhi.

And yes, I would like to join this crazy idea. Just give me time to learn the dance. I'll probably be wearing my Disco-esque Hiro-kun (Bust a groove), on saturday, so that'll be awesome.

Hikari_chan56
08-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I just watched it and I agree that we should just stick with Haruhi :D More fun that way <3

livvylove
08-24-2007, 04:48 PM
I was hoping the Lucky Star dance was a full version of the dancey parts of the theme song not just the walking and pointing parts as well. :(

Iwiwal
08-26-2007, 02:22 AM
That's why I've been hesitant to try learning the Lucky Star dance already. I'd rather wait for a complete dance version, if there ever is one.

Hatake_Kakashi
08-26-2007, 09:03 AM
I will probably join in if I see you guys, but we probably will have to leave early because we're driving and not getting a hotel so and my younger brother's bedtime is like 8.
We'll be Team 7 (Naruto), by the way, I'll be Kakashi.

I already learned the dance too, I just have to teach them, or at least Sasuke, maybe Sakura.

yuushi-hime
08-28-2007, 10:26 PM
:D I'm totally in for the Hare Hare Yukai dance~
D: I wish there was a full version of the Lucky Star dance too~ @@;

!*Jessi-Chan*!
08-31-2007, 11:18 AM
i'm just curious as to whether this is still going to happen because i am really really excited about it now! I don't plan on being Haruhi for AWA (maybe AUSA or beyond), but if i do mangage to pull the costume together i will wear it! (no garuntees :) ) BUT, i do want to dance now more then ever...as Naruto if Haruhi is not done. lol

DizzyFan
08-31-2007, 11:37 AM
It's still on, probably for Saturday, but we're still not *exactly* sure when.

phantoms_angel
09-02-2007, 05:30 PM
I'll be there to do it if it doesn't interfer with the Costume Contest. ^_^
I'm learnign it now. Its easier if you have it at full speed mirrored

Hatake_Kakashi
09-02-2007, 08:12 PM
I'll be there to do it if it doesn't interfer with the Costume Contest. ^_^
I'm learnign it now. Its easier if you have it at full speed mirrored

I learned the moves slow and mirrored, then danced to it full speed, that was easier for me :bigtu:

livvylove
09-08-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm still learning. But I will be dressed up as Haruhi on Friday and Saturday. My boyfriend will be dressed up as Kyon but I just don't see him being able to do the dance although he said if I could get an AVI of it slow and mirrored then he would try.

phantoms_angel
09-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Did someone post this group over on the photoshoot meeting thread? I know its not a phototype deal, but since everything else is there...maybe it would help keep it organized? ^_^

DizzyFan
09-11-2007, 07:02 AM
We should. >>;

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-11-2007, 08:51 AM
that would be great to put it on the photoshoot thread...then it would need a time/date. That way, i can keep up when it will be done because i really want to dance. ^_^ still learning (i can't possible do it in the computer lab with all the other students! but i watch the dance and try and do it in my mind...)

Iwiwal
09-11-2007, 09:26 PM
How about 7pm on Saturday? That's a full hour before the cosplay contest. Will anyone need more time than that before the contest? We could possibly meet in the hall outside the dealers room where there's more room to spread out. Just throwing out suggestions here. We need to make this happen.

By the way, unless someone else is already planning to bring the song, I have it on my laptop and am willing to bring it in. Don't have nice speakers or anything, though.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-11-2007, 09:35 PM
iwiwal: oooo. i was wondering who was going to bring the music. 7 is ok with me, but i'm not going or entering the contest. so maybe i don't really have a say in it...

i just ask not 3 or 4 on saturday. I'm supposed to be meeting people for a photo with kevin from fansview at both times.

i-shinigami
09-12-2007, 06:59 AM
7 is when people start lining up for the contest.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-12-2007, 09:16 AM
5 PM? Or is that when people are getting ready for the contest?

DizzyFan
09-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Ah, confusing. 7 sounded okay to me...maybe 6 then?

I'd bring the song and speakers myself, but I really don't wanna have to resort to that, since I'm very forgetful. D:

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-12-2007, 01:38 PM
yes...it is getting very confusing o.O But i guess that is because Saturday is the biggest day. I'm trying to organize two other groups to take pictures with Kevin/fansview o.O So i set the time for the two a 3 and 4. So that is why i was trying to suggest this one at 5 since i want to do the dance in my Miwako costume...

but 6 would be good for me as well. We still have one week and 2 days to make a decision...LOL

phantoms_angel
09-12-2007, 04:18 PM
I have to be in costume contest line up at 7 and have a photoshoot at 6. 5 would be alright, but I would have to change so I wouldn't be able to stay long.

Since Saturday is the biggest day, would anyone be opposed to doing it much earlier, like around noon? Or what about Friday?

Iwiwal
09-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Friday evening could work for me, but we have to take the big dance into consideration. There's only one photoshoot going on at 1pm on Saturday, if we want more of an afternoon time, or instead of trying to plan it around all of the afternoon panels, activities, and photoshoots, we could try for after the cosplay contest rather than before. We could make that the time, even: "whenever the cosplay contest ends." Thoughts?

Hikari_chan56
09-12-2007, 07:36 PM
I think "Whenever the cosplay contest ends" is kind of a good idea :D That way, nobody's rushing to get ready for the contest or anything ^_^

Oh, and whoever brings the song, make sure it's the TV size version :-D

Iwiwal
09-12-2007, 08:04 PM
I think "Whenever the cosplay contest ends" is kind of a good idea :D That way, nobody's rushing to get ready for the contest or anything ^_^

Oh, and whoever brings the song, make sure it's the TV size version :-D

TV size is all I have. Also, my roommate has some small speakers that she's willing to bring along for us to use, assuming that I am the one charged with bringing the music.

livvylove
09-13-2007, 08:47 PM
I only have the long version on MP3 and would love the TV size so I can try to practice away from the computer.

Friday evening is when the Avatar season 3 starts so pretty much around that time I will be in my hotel room or grabbing food for dinner.

Iwiwal
09-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Here's a dowload of the tv size ending song for those who want it:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cfpg1o
Hopefully, this isn't breaking any rules...

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-14-2007, 08:06 AM
livvy: yeah...I'll be in my hotel room for Avatar as well. Maybe 9 PM friday?

wow...it's really hard deciding times! We've been doing this for nearly 3 pages. lol

yuushi-hime
09-14-2007, 11:25 AM
As for me, anytime is fine. :3 As long as it isn't late Saturday.

DizzyFan
09-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Here's a dowload of the tv size ending song for those who want it:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cfpg1o
Hopefully, this isn't breaking any rules...

It'd be great if you and your friend could bring all the stuff.

I like the after the cosplay contest idea, since I'll be there all weekend. >>

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-14-2007, 04:18 PM
uh...anyone want to teach me a portion of the dance? I can't exactly practice in a computer lab and i was dissapointed to find out the ending does not show the full dance. I have pieces of it. Maybe i'll just "freestyle" or something. LOL

DizzyFan
09-17-2007, 01:15 AM
IT'S OFFICIAL
HARUHI DANCE MEETUP SATURDAY IN THE LOBBY NEAR THE ELEVATORS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE COSTUME CONTEST.

We will allow some time for people to get there first before we start.

This gives you as much time as humanly possible to practice, people, 'cause Sunday sucks.

EVERYONE THAT CAN BRING THE TV SIZE OF HARE HARE YUKAI AND SOME RELATIVELY LOUD SPEAKERS.

If we must move outside, we'll go out the lobby doors and to that little clearing across from where everyone goes to smoke.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-17-2007, 08:33 AM
Dizzy: that sounds great to me. What time does the contest usually end (because i won't be attending...)
I'll try to get as much practice in as i can. Since it's so late now, i'll have time to change back into my Miwako/Cat girl. i wish i had my Haruhi costume.

phantoms_angel
09-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Contest shoud end around 10 I believe. Contestants were told it starts at 8 and would be about 2 hours. We have to line up at 7.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-17-2007, 03:31 PM
also, we don't have to have Haruhi costumes do we? I saw in the photoshoot thread that there may be a photoshoot/dance for Haruhi :( I don't want to interrupt all the Haruhi picture goodness without being in a costume

DizzyFan
09-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Haruhi costumes are not mandatory.
I just figured that any Haruhi cosplayers that saw the dance thread would show up, so it'd turn into a photoshoot anyway. xD

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Dizzy: oh that's cool. But if it's a majority of Haruhi cosplayers and no one else i'll dance on the side or something. Don't wanna mess up the Haruhi flow.

DizzyFan
09-18-2007, 06:36 AM
Dizzy: oh that's cool. But if it's a majority of Haruhi cosplayers and no one else i'll dance on the side or something. Don't wanna mess up the Haruhi flow.

You're aware that we can do this dance many times, right? it's only like...30 seconds long. D:

UrMastrInuYasha
09-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Sorry to be off-topic, but if this is still going on.. I gotta see it! So I can take video.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Dizzy: yes, i am well aware of that. it would be fun to do it multiple times. however, i don't know the entire dance -_- so i will be a spectator until i learn it after watching you all do it a couple of times

Kinomaruu
09-18-2007, 10:15 PM
I've been practicing this dance so much! I do it all the time at school. Pretty much everywhere too. There were several other groups of people meeting ot do the dance that I saw on the AWA forums so I figure I'll just join in whenever I see people dancing, or I'll just break out into random dance whenever I feel like it.

I'll try to remember to look for dancers after the costume contest though. I'm very sure that I'm going to go see that since I've gone every year I've been to AWA. O.O must.not.break.tradition. haha

Yeah... I hope to see alot of you people!! ^^

My friends and I are probably doing a free-hugs thing this year (i did alone last year ;-; ) so if we do then keep a look out for us! I'd LOVE some hugs! >3<

Kinomaruu
09-18-2007, 10:21 PM
;-; I just found this on the AWA forums place:

http://www.awa-con.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7561&highlight=haruhi+dance

read the last post. I'm not sure how we can get around that. maybe just by meeting outside? or in desolate areas? I don't know ;-; what do you alll think?

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-18-2007, 10:32 PM
kinomaruu: that does put a bit of a damper on the situation. We can not upset the staff, but are they REALLY expecting 10000!? that's a load of people. It didn't seem that many last year (i don't think)

Commanderb2
09-19-2007, 02:06 AM
Well, there are tons of places around and INSIDE the hotel that has utterly little to no traffic. How about the parking lot or somewhere outside? With the weather cooling down, I'm sure we can handle the little bit of heat in the daytime. If it's at night... well... traffic dies down after awhile since the dealers would be closed after 8-9pm.

ARE WE MINDLESS SHEEP? WILL BE JUST GIVE UP BECAUSE THEY'RE SCARED OF A LITTLE TRAFFIC? IS CAPS LOCK REALLY CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL?

!*Jessi-Chan*!
09-19-2007, 08:10 AM
lol at commanderb2. Staff is usually protrolling these threads...so i'm sure they would have said something on this forums as well...but i can't really speak for staff

DizzyFan
09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
IS CAPS LOCK REALLY CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL?

YES. NEEDS MOAR.

I figured we'd have to move outside, we're just meeting by the elevators. This issue was already adressed on an earlier page, I believe.

IceAngel30
09-20-2007, 02:49 AM
QUESTION!!!

Are we all going to dance to the 1:12 time one or the 3:38 version of the song?

There is a 3:38 version to the dance on youtube =3

DizzyFan
09-20-2007, 06:45 AM
QUESTION!!!

Are we all going to dance to the 1:12 time one or the 3:38 version of the song?

There is a 3:38 version to the dance on youtube =3

TV size.
TV size = 1:12

Hikari_chan56
09-20-2007, 11:51 PM
Okay....so can we just meet up at the lobby and then move to wherever we need to move to practice the dance??