PDA

View Full Version : Tifa accersories

:Mermaid Tifa:
04-07-2003, 10:10 AM
I'll be cosplaying Tifa for shoujocon and *maybe* otakon. I need help on what should i use for the gloves, elbow pads and boots. It would VERY MUCH appreciated if you could tell me what should I use for materia ^_^' arigato!! for your help!!:japan:

ainslye
04-07-2003, 10:26 AM
For my tifa costume, I glues those little glass beads that you can put in fish tanks and plant potters on to the gloves. For the boots I bought black boots and spray painted them red. BUT -- don't use regular spray paint, it will never dry on the finish, it will always have a tacky finish and get on everything. You have to use a matte finish. I just bought my second pair of boots and I'm off in search of red matte spray myself, because I'm wearing Tifa to otakon. The gloves... er... I found some kind of boxing training glove and cut the finger padding off. It's not perfect, I'm still looking for something better. And the elbow guard I made out of a moldable paper mache product that I found in a crafts store and spray painted it.

Good luck! Hope this helps.

Lady
04-07-2003, 10:34 AM
One of my friends cosplayed as Tifa, and for her materia she cut those colored rubber bouncy balls in half and glued them to her gloves. She also gave spare whole balls to the rest of our FF7 group so we got to name our materia*enjoyed that much, even if "Yuffie" stole her Holy materia*

-Lady

Selphie_fairy
04-07-2003, 01:12 PM
you could also use marble i think ^^; u know the playing kind. Cut a little circular hole and glue the marble in the spot ^^ but i think the glass bead is a good idea carla ^_^

krystal1314
04-07-2003, 01:16 PM
For the materia... you can use those Pokemon life-counter-thingy ^_^ or clear stones for pond that you can buy at Rag Shop...

:Mermaid Tifa:
04-08-2003, 06:11 PM
Thanx everybody^^!!!!!!!!

Yuki-cyan
11-21-2004, 01:23 AM
For earrings...what you use for them?? Make or buy? I know Tifa has drop like one, but not sure where to buy or how make. Is there thread for that?