PDA

View Full Version : Nan Desu Kan Goers?

Pages : [1] 2

sefie_tilmitt
04-07-2003, 02:44 PM
I was browsing this board and realized how sadly un-represented Nan Desu Kan is. Who here is planning on attending? I'm going, and bringing several costumes, including a Gekka No Yasokyoku Kozi, Cyberland Kozi, and another costume I don't quite feel like sharing yet.

Anyone travel to go to this con?

Does anyone have any groups planned that they want to announce?

Let us all know!

khamryn
04-07-2003, 03:04 PM
I'll probably be there again because its local.. but I'm worryin about other cons costumes first. @.@

Ringo
04-07-2003, 03:58 PM
Yup I'll be there, but i;m usually only seen for brief moments. XD
I'll proably wear more costumes this year to, but since I do a lot of running around it has to be super comfy and have good shoes. XD My friends and I are planning a Shinigami group from Full Moon. ^_^ Although plans always change. XD
I really wish NDK would get a forum here, there are enough of us around. (nudges Admin) I PM'ed him a little while back. I mean this is NDK7, it's not a baby anymore. If first year cons can have one shouldn't NDK?

sefie_tilmitt
04-07-2003, 05:06 PM
I definitely agree with you, Ringo! I know there are a lot of cosplayers in Colorado popping up, as well as people who travel from other states to come to our convention. I mean, we're the only con really in our little region of states, so it makes sense that it's one of the most convenient of conventions for most people to attend.

Liahara_Crow
04-10-2003, 02:29 PM
Yay! People going to NDK! Not so alone! Hee hee.

i'm going to make another costume, brining my total up to two
(^_^") and, of course, i'm bringing my Artimas costume again. i wore it last time, and i got jumped/hugged from behind by three girls... (^_^")
If anyone feels like looking for me, i'll be the one with an out of the place red ribbon.

Beverly
04-12-2003, 10:37 PM
I'll be there, as it's local for me.. ^^ I'm planning on Subaru (.hack//sign) for sure... A few Sailormoon things, not sure what else... ^^ Looking forward to it!

Kimiko
04-15-2003, 05:26 PM
I'll be there for sure!! Dunno of the costumes ::shrug::

Akkhima
04-19-2003, 06:23 AM
Hey! I recognize some of you from NDKs past!

I'll be there for sure again this year, haven't decided what costumes I'll be doing, but I should decide soon, and make it ahead of time for once. =P

-Akkhima

Beverly
04-21-2003, 04:21 AM
Anyone thinking about scheduling a cosplay.com shoot at NDK? I think there could be a great turnout for that, as well as for some of the other communities.

Hey, folks in Colorado (or elsewhere, of course!)! Did you hear about the Denver Cosplay Picnic (http://denver-cosplay.faeriewings.net) yet? ^^

LionBoogy
04-21-2003, 04:22 AM
MMeeeeeeeeEEEEeeeeeeEEEeeee~~ hehe

- Lionel

Beverly
04-21-2003, 04:27 AM
*thinks Lionel needs to come to the Denver Cosplay Picnic (http://denver-cosplay.faeriewings.net/)... but is totally biased, of course* XD We <3 you, Lionel!

tenshinken
04-29-2003, 09:55 PM
I'll be there, and hopefully with more than my one current costume. XD

harukarose
05-03-2003, 10:24 PM
We'll of course be at NDK again this year (We being Kimberly and I!) So yay yay. ^______^ Dunno what costumes yet, other than one set which will be revealed at the con. *giggle* Other than that, costumes are still up in the air!!

mochan42
06-07-2003, 10:14 PM
When is it?

I found all the info I wanted in another thread ^^;; Anyway, is it near colorado springs?

Kimiko
06-08-2003, 11:25 PM
Nan Desu Kan is situated right by Denver International Airport.... the website is:

http://www.ndk.cc

That's got the area info. ect

Makoto
06-09-2003, 03:57 PM
My first year! ^_^ I've lived in Denver for over a decade now, but was never into the convention scene... then when I started cosplaying, I was always away at school when September rolled around. But Ringo-chan has been on NDK staff forever! It's about time I showed up.

Like she said, we're planning a Full Moon Shinigami group, and would looooove to have other people join us. XD I'm not sure what other costumes I'll be working on yet... we'll see how much time I devote to making wings. ^_^

(And the picnic was SO fun! I'm definitely excited for the next one.)

kleykulele
06-09-2003, 08:29 PM
My friend Sheena and I are going *.*! I have already booked a room (though I had to get one at the Sleep Inn, I called the day after they booked the last room at the Holiday Inn o.o;;;) and we are super excited.

I think I am going to take my Lum and Ginger costumes again, and I'm working on a Ran-chan in her concubine dress costume because I always thought that gown was so pretty :B.

Sheena and I also had a wicked idea to get a few laughs...don't know if we are going to do it or not...

But yes, it's so nice to see that other people are going ;_;!

Ringo
06-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Your bringing Ginger ;_; I wish I had time to wear Sugar, but maybe Makoto will bring her Pepper costume and get a few pics with you.

kleykulele
06-09-2003, 09:54 PM
Awwwww ;.;! You should bring Sugar...it would be loads of fuuuuuuun!!

*wiggles fingers in front of your face* You know you want tooooo.

:D!

Ringo
06-09-2003, 10:21 PM
Of course I WANT to but I work on staff and large outfits like that are a pain in the but to work in. XD I don't want to be wapping people with my wings as I run past.
*Ah security we just had a 6 foot Sugar poke someones eyes out be advised* XD

kleykulele
06-09-2003, 10:49 PM
No one will care, I promise >.>;;;.

Yeah, that might be a little hard to work. I had a couple of guys at A-kon scream "AAAAHHH!!!!" and I freaked out and said something to the extent of "OHMYGOD, did I get you?!" and then they would laugh and say "just kidding :D".

-_-;;;.

It wasn't MY fault my wings were 32 feet long =X!

M00gle
06-11-2003, 12:24 AM
It is a shame how neglected NDK is, poor Coloradans are so left in the dust u.u! My friend and I will be going..me as Sora from Kingdom Hearts and my friend as Vincent Valentine, (if our costume abilities are loyal to us, lol). Hope to see you there!

Liahara_Crow
06-13-2003, 12:33 PM
lol. i got hit by a Neo Queen Serenity once...

Last year we were harassed by a crazy girl dressed up like Vash... It was scary. She stalked up to us, got reeeeal close, and yelled at him for being "a fake Vash"

Then there was the guy that actually recited Vash's full name . For the last day, my friend and I traded costumes (Artimas and Vash). At the time, I had only seen one and a half episodes of Trigun, and this guy walked up and recited Vash's full name, asking if I was him. Of course I had no idea what he was talking about. That was pretty traumatic...

Hitori
06-14-2003, 01:38 AM
Wa~ I wanna go to this con, but I live in Cali w/ really no means of transportation and the like. I have all these online friends I've known for years that live in CO >.< I wanna meet 'em

Liahara_Crow
06-14-2003, 12:06 PM
Poor baby. But hey, i'm sure there's lots of cons around where you live, right?

Hitori
06-15-2003, 08:29 PM
Yeah there is, just the thing is I've been trying to get out to this con for three years now to meet mah friends and every year something comes up>.<

kleykulele
06-17-2003, 01:27 AM
Get a plane ticket? I know that some flights out of certain areas of Cali are unreasonable, but check www.hotwire.com and see if you can find a good deal. Sometimes it isn't too bad, if you don't mind not knowing what time or airline you will be on.

I can't wait till the con, September seems so far away ;.;.

Hitori
06-18-2003, 05:11 PM
Thanx KleyKulele, I'll look into it^_^

kleykulele
07-15-2003, 11:24 PM
Poor nan desu kan folder, it is practically dead x.x;;.

I have been working on my third costume for the con, it's going pretty well...we'll see though. Things always have a way of falling apart on me at the last minute x.x;.

Kimiko
07-15-2003, 11:38 PM
What costume? ::nosey:: ^^

mochan42
07-16-2003, 01:54 AM
Yay! It looks like I'm going! *shakes booty* Only, I'll be staying with my Uncle that lives in Colorado Springs and it's about a 2 hour drive to the convention o_o;; But it's all good! YAY FOR ME! ^_^

M00gle
07-16-2003, 02:04 AM
that's great, Mochan! it's an at least 1 hour drive from where I am to the con, so I know what you mean X3!

Kimiko
07-16-2003, 12:01 PM
Yay! More people to meet at NDK! ^^

We should have a small gathering/photoshoot ^^

M00gle
07-16-2003, 12:24 PM
ooh yeah, I'm making everyone I know take a camera >D

mochan42
07-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Yay!! Someone feels my pain! teehee!

Yeah we should definitely try for a photo shoot of everyone, that would be so fun!!!!

Kimiko
07-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Any ideas on how we should be able to recognise eachother? ^^ Ribbons on our badges or something?

Yes, I'm jumping the gun.... but I can't wait!!!

mochan42
07-16-2003, 09:24 PM
Hmmm...good question. If I knew what the building looked like at all or where the entrances were, ect ect, then I would say we could meet someone at a certain time, but blah, that won't work. Maybe we could all make a sign that says cosplay.com on it or something, lol. Eh heh...It would be good advertising too. ^^;

Kimiko
07-16-2003, 09:38 PM
::Laughs:: I know the basic layout of the building... its long and twisty... and I *know* I'm horrible at meeting times ><; Signs are sooooo hard to carry too (especially if you're in costume)

Maybe meeting times would be best. There's a waterfall in the lobby of the main hotel that would be awsome to meet by....

khamryn
07-18-2003, 10:42 PM
Er.. nothin to do with topic at hand except I won't be attending (I know some people will be overjoyed to learn that :p) because I'm moving shortly out of state. ^_^

kleykulele
07-19-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Kimiko
What costume? ::nosey:: ^^

Ran-chan in her concubine dress from the Nihao My Concubine movie XD. It is going to be fun, I cant wait.

And ooooh, yes yes, photo shoot!!! Sheena and I are totally up for that, just keep me updated.

M00gle
07-19-2003, 02:44 AM
I'm really shy about meeting people, but I'll be there Saturday and Sunday and if we can set somethin' up I'll bring my group by or something ^.^

mochan42
07-19-2003, 01:53 PM
*nodnod* Now someone needs to be creative and think of a way for us all to meet. ^^ I'll definitely be there Saturday and probably friday, but don't know about sunday.

Shinkokami
07-19-2003, 05:04 PM
I'm going to Nan Desu Kan for my third year *sparkle sparkle* NDK definately does not get enough recognition. We have some amazing cosplayers. Remeber the man that made the Gundam suite last year? I'm still blown away. Well, this is the first time I'm going and doing some serious cosplaying ^.~ I've been an 'original senshi' and worn a kimono the past two years but that's boring X_x I made over 70% of a Sakura (CCS) costume then desided I should probably make sure everything fit alright and it turns out I screwed up my sizes and now it fits my 9 year old sister. @.@ So I just went a couple of hours ago and and got some fabric and now I'm aiming for Chii. *glow* And if it turns out that I have time (hoping beyond hope) I'm going to try my best at a Suzuka (Angelic Layer) costume. Luckily that' one's pretty simple. ^^

I'm totally up for a photo shoot, there's no way I would not want to do one. I think that since most people will probably be at NDK on Saturday that's when we should do it, but we also don't want to take too much time from the other activites ^.~ Meeting by the water fountain is brilliant though (heh, Kimiko). It's such a pretty fountain *_*

Now's the problem of where I'm staying. I live 2 1/2 hours from where the Con is and I've been too lazy to sceduale one so now I'm roomless ;_; Oh well, I'll get my butt of the floor sooner or later and find a room at a nearby Inn or Hotel ^^;

mochan42
07-19-2003, 07:15 PM
Yeah it's gonna be a pain to get there since I also wil be 2 hours away from the con. But that means I just get to stay longer >D Anyway, the fountain huh? I've never been there, but if it'd be a good place to do a few pics then it sounds great. ^_^

Shinkokami
07-19-2003, 08:14 PM
Well, better than those dim lit hallways. It could just be a meeting point. The fountain isn't actually in the convention area, it right next to it, inside the actual hotel (I think it might be the lobby). But the light there is also pretty dim if i remember. We might have to meet up and then find a spot to get the shots.

Kimiko
07-22-2003, 01:27 AM
Yeah, it's kinda dim, but we might get a few good ones there, and then we can go outside ect ect.
Let's start with the question of when can people *not* be there?? I will be staying in the hotel, so no problem times for me I don't think.

mochan42
07-22-2003, 02:02 AM
Ugh, who knows until I get there. I will most likely be there allllll day on saturday and possibly on friday, don't know. But if there's a set time then I could probably try and catch it.

kleykulele
07-23-2003, 04:10 AM
Sheena and I are staying at the sleep inn right down the street, so there is no problem there. We are going to be there all three days, so whatever works for anyone else.

I would think saturday would work the best, since that seems to be the day when most people go to cons...at least, in my experience. I could be totally wrong x.x;.

Kimiko
07-23-2003, 01:59 PM
Yeah, Saturday morning-ish is looking good... maybe noon and we could all troop across the street for food?

Whatcha all (two?) think?

Shinkokami
07-23-2003, 03:18 PM
Noon on Saturday sounds like a great time to do it. But we should probably take the pictures before we eat so that I can try to avoid as many spill acidents as possible *coughcoughmecough* I guess you could say I don't really prize myself on being umhumanly neat with food x.x;;

sefie_tilmitt
07-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Finding an outside spot to take pictures wouldn't be so bad either. Is there *any* good grass out there? Or trees? Inside, even in that waterfall area, pictures just won't be as bright. Nice, light pictures will beat out inside ones any day.

--Dormouse.

Shinkokami
07-23-2003, 06:59 PM
Unfortunately all I can remember outside is pavement for the parking lots and sidewalks. I'm sure if we walked a couple of blocks we would find at least one tree though o.o;;

But sometimes these matters are best left to be figured out once we're all there. Finding a little bit of nature and light can't be too difficult

M00gle
07-23-2003, 07:05 PM
this is actually my first NDK so I'm pretty clueless about where all this is, but Saturday morning sounds good.... I'll see if I can meet up with you guys... I'll have a group of 3 or 4 people with me, probably, so I'll have to discuss it all with them, too @_@!!

mochan42
07-23-2003, 10:37 PM
so is it noon or morning ish? Maybe we should get a set time. o_o; And if there was just some kind of specific land mark thing that I could associate getting to on saturday to meet everyone, that would be way helpful. But that sounds good, take pictures then go and eat, sounds great! ^_^

Shinkokami
07-23-2003, 10:42 PM
Pics first, eat later. (lol, spoof on Twisler moto ^^;; ) Yeah, so maybe we could meet in between. Instead of noon/morning we could meet at like 11 (?) and take pictures. That'll last a little while then we head somewhere for the munchies. I like it. ^_^

Kimiko
07-23-2003, 10:56 PM
Okay, meeting 11am on Saturday. In the Hotel Lobby (The Holiday Inn) there is a large waterfall, we'll meet there.

Sound good??

M00gle
07-23-2003, 11:25 PM
*writes down* I'll see if I can make it there in time! ^.^

mochan42
07-24-2003, 12:54 AM
Sounds great, and there's only one water fall right? And how will we know who's who? o.O Maybe someone should hold up a sign, heh....

M00gle
07-24-2003, 02:15 AM
maybe we can clip something on, near our badges or something o.o?

sefie_tilmitt
07-24-2003, 03:58 PM
Heh, it's not hard to find a group of cosplayers standing around looking for other cosplayers. We'll all be fine. I've done group meets in WAY crowded areas, and it's never been a problem. Just hover by the waterfall and look for other hoverers all dressed up. ^.^

mochan42
07-24-2003, 08:11 PM
I just don't wanna look weird looking for other people from cosplay.com o_o;; I get overly detailed about these kind of things just to make sure. ^^;

Shinkokami
07-25-2003, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I don't wanna look wierd either o.o;;

We should make a little 'badge' thing and tape in on our Nan Desu Kan ones ^^

Bwuahaha! I'm so resorceful. You can print out the attachment and tape it on your NDK badge if you like. So everyone will know not to leave you behind ^^;; We should have a roll call list too, lol.

sefie_tilmitt
07-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Heh, you're gonna be dressed up anyway...that's weird enough. *laugh* But I'll look for people with stuff on badges, though I'm not gonna have any on my own. XD

Shinkokami
07-25-2003, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I may not wear one. But at least we all feel safe and sound now *laugh*

Naru
07-25-2003, 08:24 PM
*ahem* Hello again!! Quick update. I have moved to Colorado Springs and plan on going to this con. I don't think I will have my costume done by then though I really will try to. Anyways, would anyone be interested in hooking up? I don't know anyone in my area who is going. I plan to be there all weekend and may just drive home every night. I think I may also do some volunteering. But mainly I would like to meet people I can chat with online every once in a while. Yes I have a bf so any curious guys can just beat it :P Please let me know if you wanna hook up!! I promise I don't bite and you can ask some of my co-conspiritors if you don't believe me.

mochan42
07-25-2003, 08:50 PM
OOOOH ME! Me me me! ^_^ My uncle lives in colorado springs and that's who I'm staying with. I'm going by myself and it would be great to have someone to hook up with. ^_^

Oh and about the badges, I'm gonna wear that ^^; Shout at if you see someone with those badges. Hehe, I'm probably worrying over nothing, but just to be sure. ^_^;

Shinkokami
07-26-2003, 07:45 PM
I'd love to meet up (not sure about hooking up though lol) ^^ I'm always so lonely with just my mom or brother at these cons x.x;; But I'm also so young ;_; everyone else in here is 18+ and I'm 14 >.<

Naru
07-26-2003, 07:47 PM
Awsome Mochan! I'll give you a pm closer to the date and we can arrange on a meeting place and such. I want to get my tickets before I make permanent plans too. Though, I have to find a computer with a printer that actually works first so i can print and mail my preregistration XD Do you plan on going all three days? what costume are you going to wear if any? I'm still working on Subaru from .hack//sign.

Shinkokami
07-26-2003, 07:49 PM
I feel unloved ;_; LOL, you posted 2 seconds after me ^^;;

Cool that your doing Subaru though. I just got introduced to .hack//sign a couple of weeks ago and I'm Subaru obsessive. It scary o.0;;

Naru
07-26-2003, 07:54 PM
lol, I would like to meet up with you also Shinkokami. The more the merrier I like to think!!

Side note: this will be the first time i meet people who know what cosplay is! Having struggled through explaining my odd excitement for cosplay to people who don't even know what the word cosplay means, this is going to make all my hard times worth the effort :P

lol again, you posted just before i posted so I had no time to respond!! I just love Subaru's outfit. it is so kewl and has been a joy to make! The series is awsome too.

Shinkokami
07-26-2003, 08:06 PM
lol I have no grudges or anything like that if your afraid that I'm mad that you didn't respond to me because I posted two seconds before you *gasp for air* That was a long sentence @.@

I would be nice to meet people that not only know what cosplay is but appriciate it too. Everyone where I'm from doesn't even know what anime is, much less cosplay. They think we're just all mental kids running around in costumes because they got stuck in some time warp at the age of six o.o;;;;

But anyways I'd love to meet up (though I said that already ^^) And I hope you finish your Subaru costume. I'd puff up with pride if I got to walk around with a Subaru *laugh*

Naru
07-26-2003, 08:12 PM
lol, ok I will be sure to email you also as it comes closer to time. (no one knows what anime is around here either. It's so sad... Those poor people just don't know what they are missing XD) What are you planning on wearing? Have you been to a con before?

M00gle
07-26-2003, 10:51 PM
actually Shinkokami, I'm 14 too ^.^!

Kimiko
07-27-2003, 12:49 AM
There is nothing wrong with 14 year olds. ^^ And as for the other idea, if you don't want to use the badge thing, I suggest tying a purple (blue maybe?) ribbon to your badge.

There is only one waterfall. Really hard to miss in the Hotel *main* lobby.

Miyu
07-27-2003, 01:48 AM
in all probability i will be there, although the fact that khamryn can't go does make it much less enticing. :\

i won't be cosplaying though, unless some miracle of god occurs and i actually start liking the hobby again. <3

mochan42
07-28-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Naru
Awsome Mochan! I'll give you a pm closer to the date and we can arrange on a meeting place and such. I want to get my tickets before I make permanent plans too. Though, I have to find a computer with a printer that actually works first so i can print and mail my preregistration XD Do you plan on going all three days? what costume are you going to wear if any? I'm still working on Subaru from .hack//sign.

Yay!! Excellent ^_^ I haven't met up with anyone at a con either before. I'm hopefully going to be going friday and saturday, and probably sunday, if I'm not heading home on that day, then yeah. I'll be going as Alita/Gally from Battle Angel and Misao from Rurouni Kenshin, I wanted to go as Mistress Nine from Sailor moon, but didn't have enough time for my costume ^^; Anyway, yeah, please PM when it gets closer to the date. If you don't then I certainly will. I'm so excited! Oh and it'd be greta to meet up with Shinkokami too! As you said: The more the merrier! Yay, exciting. ^_^ I don't have many people interested in cosplay or anime, so this will be great! I love cons. :)

Shinkokami
07-29-2003, 07:40 PM
14 year olds united *laugh* Actually, m00gle, your only 9 days younger than me 0 0;; meep

Originally posted by Naru
lol, ok I will be sure to email you also as it comes closer to time. (no one knows what anime is around here either. It's so sad... Those poor people just don't know what they are missing XD) What are you planning on wearing? Have you been to a con before?

Poor poor people x.x;;; Actually, I'll be cosplaying as Chii on Saturday, and on Sunday...?? Whatever floats my boat. I was planning Suzuka but now I'm having second thoughs on other costumes I'd love to do. I'm crazy >.< But, I have been to a con before actually. Nan Desu Kan the past 2 years and Animeathon 8 (which was 2 years ago). Lots of fun *^_^* How about you?

Oh, and yay to moochan! lol. I can't wait to see your Misao costume. I lurve her <3 *laugh*

Naru
07-29-2003, 11:52 PM
Cool, so you know whats basically going to happen at this Con! Hey, I knowwhat anime everyones costume comes from for once XD To answer your ? Shinkokami I havn't been to a convention before so this is all new for me. Kinda scary and exciting at the same time. Also, I will try making one of those badges when I get to a color printer. Hotel waterfall sounds cool though i don't know what hotel or time or anything (don't worry, i will go back and check later). I also just asked for Saturday and Sunday off for the con. The only thing left for me to do is register and see if i can get my costume done on time.

You all must tell me what I need to see while there and what i should skip.

mochan42
08-05-2003, 08:52 PM
Yeah it all looks very exciting! It actually looks more entertaining then my first con, which isn't saying much, but still. It'd be nice to know what to avoid, but the cosplay contest is always entertaining! Gotta go back and write down all the times and print the badge thingy for our meeting on saturday. Yay, so excited that I'm actually going to meet up with people, eeeee. ^_^

I had a question though with the pre-registration form. It says, in a yellow box at the bottom, "Only completed forms will be accepted....." and then it says "please fill out:" and it has the badge cost and t-shirt cost, well, I understand the t-shirt cost, but what's the badge cost? ^^;

Ringo
08-05-2003, 09:25 PM
If you get your money in by August 15 the price is $40 per badge, after that you have to by your badge on site at a cost of $45. I would recomend pre-reg because there are shorter lines, save $5 and there a extra goodies in your bags. ^_^

Naru
08-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Do they mail the badge back then? Also do you guys have a set date/time/place in which you are meeting? Do I need to print out a cosplay badge or is Mochan printing them up? I definatly wanna see the cosplay contest! Thats the first thing on my list XD

Ringo
08-05-2003, 11:33 PM
They might send you tickets back, but not your badge you can pick that up when you get there. ^_^ Usually they will ask your name and some other type of question to help identify you.

I think someone mentioned Saturday for a photoshoot. The preliminary schedule might be out now but if there are certain events that people don't want to miss I can see what's going on and let everyone know. ^_^

mochan42
08-06-2003, 12:25 AM
Okie dokie! Thankies! Well, I think it's a couple pages back, or maybe even just one, but uh, I think we're all meeting by the fountain on saturday, around noon, or maybe it was 11, but it was somewhere around there. Also a couple pages back were the cosplay badges for all of us to print out. Of course not all of us will be wearing them, but Naru, if you, Shinkokami and I are all together, I think we won't have a problem finding a big group of cosplayers. ^_~ Wandering around the convention and finding out what's going on next is the best part. ^^

Kimiko
08-06-2003, 07:58 PM
The meeting is (right now) scheduled for Saturday at 11am, then noon-ish we'll be going across the street for a group LUNCH!!!

kleykulele
08-07-2003, 03:35 AM
Oooooh, I am so excited. I need to write that down though, or I know I will forget -.-;;. And now I feel like an old grandma because you guys keep talking about being 14...oh, to be 14 again ;D. I don't think I even remember what it was like being 14.

I really need to get my ran-chan gown finished soon. Otherwise, I am only going to have two costumes. I should really go find a wig for that too...bah, I am so disorganized.

mochan42
08-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Yay! I need to write that down as well. So exciting. ^_^ I bet lunch will be fun in our costumes, heehee.
I know what you mean about the age thing, I just turned 19 and here I am at cosplay.com with all these youngters, har har har. But then again, all my friends are turning 22 so I then feel young again, yay! ^_~ Good luck with finishing your costume!

Ringo
08-07-2003, 03:18 PM
We have over a month till the con and your already panicking! I've got 2 planned and I haven't even started one yet. XD Of course I'm moving this weekend so it not that I haven't been busy, but I still wish I was further along. XD
Ganbatte kleykulele!!!

sailorpsychosis
08-07-2003, 10:07 PM
I've never been to NDK before, but I'm looking forward to most likely going this year. My only for-sure costume is Sango from Inuyasha. I'll have to read all the messages to see what kind of gatherings are going on (I'm just posting here first ^^;). I'm also contemplating a DiGi Charat outfit to cosplay with my friend, who would want to be Puchiko. So I guess I'd be Dejiko or Pyoko (noooo! I don't wanna dye my hair! ;_;). ^^; Ohhh, I just got an idea! Maybe I'll be Puchiko's fanboy instead... that would be WAY easy to make, and I have similar hair. And it would still compliment her costume if she went as Puchiko. Plus since he's a bish&ocirc;nen, it probably doesn't matter that I'm a girl...

Kley? It's KLEY!!! *glomps*
I'm almost 100% certain I'm going to NDK 'cause I'm gonna come out there to see my bestest friend (angelicsailor)! I'm really looking forward to it! ^_^

mochan42 I know, me too! I'm also 19 and I feel like I'm a million years old. It just makes me regret that I couldn't get into this whole thing sooner&mdash; but then again, who had time for it in high school and junior high?

Yunie-chan
08-07-2003, 10:49 PM
I'll be there for the meet-up at the waterfall and a quick pic in costume, but then I have to run off an change. x.x For there is going to be a Final Fantasy photoshoot in the same area after that.

Oh! ^_^* I should say something besides that... well, I'll be staying at the hotel again this year. Friday, I'll be wearing Venus Green from Venus Five, then changing into either Rosiel from Angel Sanctuary or Oruha from Clover. Satuday, Anthy from the Utena movie, then into Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII around noon, nd then Rosiel or Oruha after the masquerade. Sunday, I'm wearing either Rosiel, Oruha, or civilian clothes, lol, depending on what's going on.

I hope to see everyone at NDK! I apologize now if I hit any of you with my Masamune x.x just try to avoid the 6 foot sword wandering the halls.

M00gle
08-07-2003, 11:59 PM
ack! there's an FF photoshoot? I suppose I couldn't join in cuz I'm going as Sora from Kingdom Hearts, but my friend's going as Vincent Valentine and would probably want to do that... yikes. @_@

Yunie-chan
08-08-2003, 12:00 AM
You're welcome to ^_^ I'm just gonna be kidnapping FF peeps to be in it.

kleykulele
08-08-2003, 02:01 AM
Kley? It's KLEY!!! *glomps*
I'm almost 100% certain I'm going to NDK 'cause I'm gonna come out there to see my bestest friend (angelicsailor)! I'm really looking forward to it! ^_^

YES, IT'S ME!!! :D! I need you to refresh me on who you are though...I don't recognize the screenname, but I am sure I know you because you glomped me and I bet you were a member of grep*, eh *_*? Your aim screen name looks really familiar too...Sheena and I are meeting up with angelicsailor - she is going to PARTAY in our room one night or however many nights you guys want - and so that means we get to party with you too!!! How exciting. I always love meeting new people *_*;;;.

mochan~ That's kind of ironic that you said that about most of your friends being 22, because I am going to be 22 in October :B.

And I think I might switch my ran-chan costume to a different one so that Sheena and I can match one day (eesh, the way I talk, you'd think we were dating -.-;;. Too bad we are both girls, and straight XD). But yeah, if we do that, it would be a surprise. Thanks for all the good luck wishes though!!

sailorpsychosis
08-08-2003, 05:03 AM
kleykulele... lele.. Lol, I figured as much! I don't quite know you directly, so don't worry about it... it's more like a 'friend of a friend' thing... I just thought it was so cool that you're on this site too (I always flip out when I see people I 'know' elsewhere on the web... It's a small WWW afterall...), hooray for former grep* addicts! ^_^ I know *of* you though, since you had a lot more fame in that circle, there wasn't a person on there who didn't know *of* you. Hehe. Anyway, you've prolly seen me from grep*, some AIM chats, things like that. And all the other arenas in which those who know the meaning of 'lurve' and that butt weasels come from Canada used to gather en masse. ^^; Anyway, it will be good to meet y'all too! I'd love to see that Ginger costume of yours in person!

mochan42
08-08-2003, 10:35 AM
kley: Oh goodie, another 22 year old! lol I feel young again, woohoo! >D

Yunie-chan: you've got a lot of costumes going for ya, sounds really fun though!!
I'm soooo excited to meet everyone, yay! ^_^

Naru
08-08-2003, 10:42 AM
ok, 11 0'clock saturday, lunch and then whatever the hell we want XD (pardon me I'm just excited). I'm 20 btw, don't know if thats in my profile or not. Looks like I'm going nowhere on the costume right now. Hair is on the way and I got the dress finished sept for the apron and the jewelry is done. I just can't find the shoes!!! Anyways, good to see more peeps are coming! I'm mailing out my pre-reg today (god willing) so I wont forget it all together. :P

M00gle
08-08-2003, 10:51 AM
by the way, how long do these photoshoots normally take? ^.^; I might be taking a brother along who would be *really* bored, and I'm wondering if I should send him off to do something while we're all posing for pictures XD

Yunie-chan
08-08-2003, 11:24 AM
Photoshoots can take anywhere from 10 minutes - 30 minutes, depending on what everyone is doing.

mochan42: Yeah x.x lotsa costumes, lol, and next year I hope to have quite a lot less.

I never mentioned me age, so for random info, I'm 18, going to be 19 in November. ^_^

kleykulele
08-08-2003, 02:41 PM
psychosis~ Oh psssh. People only knew of me because I was loud, stated my opinion when I felt the need, and was actually pretty nice to everyone ^^;;. Shocker, eh? Oh, and probably because I was a long time member (three and a half years @_@) and on staff helped me out a bit too :B. I want grep* back, I love being famous ;.;. *vain* Anyways, yes, I think I remember seing you in chats...woot!! And good old ferret...good times, good times ;). Can't wait to meet you!

I'm actually pretty impressed with the number of people from here that are going to be at NDK. I never have much luck finding people from the midwest area that are into conventions and anime and the like ;.;.

Shinkokami
08-08-2003, 06:35 PM
m00chan- yeah. Go annoying brother power. Depending upon what depends upon >.< my brother maybe tagging along with me as well. Or a sister, or a dad or a mom, or an extra eyeball O_x We'll just see how it happens I guess ^^;

Originally posted by sailorpsychosis
hooray for former grep* addicts! ^_^ I know *of* you though, since you had a lot more fame in that circle, there wasn't a person on there who didn't know *of* you. Hehe.

Got that right. I didn't know you (kley) but certainly everyone knew the infamous sailorvenus. x_x;; boy I'm crazy... Go grep*!! Actually, I'm a member at your crescent as well *lol* ...ChibiCereCere. That's what everyone knows me as cause that's who I always am... except here o.o;; *runs around*

kleykulele
08-09-2003, 02:32 AM
cerecere~ OMG, how exciting *.*!!! I get to meet three new people from grep* that I haven't met before!! I've met jbeth (sailorpluto), lbeth (luvbeth) minako (neptune senshi), siskokl (jupiter senshi) and sailorzephyr (old sailorjupiter) numerous times. I've also met hammy (sailorjupiter) who is just like my little sister and who I will be seeing alot more of when I move down to Arizona just to torture her XD, heller01, jupiter1278, and of course, Sheena, a really old staff member back in the v1 days - she was a chibi pluto.

Oh, and of course, how could I forget, I've met Scot and Jen a few times too. Lbeth and I stayed at their house this past May for A-kon. They are wicked fun *_*!! But yeah, it always amazes me that people still know who I am, and still want to talk to me, and that I still get to meet you crazy people. I love it!!

And now I am sure everyone else is to the point of "What the heck are they babbling about @_@?"...Sorry ^^;;.

I also apologize, like Yunie-chan, if I bap anyone with my 6 foot wings on Sunday x.x;;;. They are large and almost unmanagable, but they took forever to make and they are pretty accurate to the costume. So, I persist in wearing them XD. I can always take them off if they become a huge hastle. Ah, the wonders of velcro.

steki_Kyo
08-11-2003, 02:23 AM
I'll be attending NDK. I live around Denver, so I'll be there. O.o;; Yeah. ^.^

Yunie-chan
08-11-2003, 02:26 AM
Random comment..

I heart your pretty, pretty icon.. *.*

steki_Kyo
08-11-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Yunie-chan
Random comment..

I heart your pretty, pretty icon.. *.*

Who's Icon O.o;;;?

Yunie-chan
08-11-2003, 02:42 AM
Yooooooours *.* in all its prettiness...

shneen
08-11-2003, 03:15 PM
I will also be there ^_^ I'm the Sheena person that Kley keeps talking about... so she's not crazy and just making me up ^_^ I've just sort've been lurking :D

But I'm all excited, and will definetely have 2 costumes, and a quick 3rd one is in the works... hopefully I can get the sewing on it done before I have to move back to school and won't have easy access to a sewing machine -_-;

But I'm excited to go and see some fantabulous costumes.. and meet all you crazy former grep* people *_* Kley keeps telling me all the fun grep* people that are going, and I get more and more excited *_*_* Like she said, I was a chibi-pluto back in the pre-crescent days. *feels old*

Yunie-chan
08-11-2003, 04:17 PM
Don't feel old.. ;.; 'Cause then I'll feel old, lol. I was on grep* as well a loooooong time ago, though I never got to do anything once I hit admin, as my comp got busted not too long afterwards and lo, I never went back.

It'll be good to see everyone there ^_^ and I hope everyone has fun. Again.. if my props take anyone out.. x.x I apologize. I'm gonna feel so bad with large sword and wing, but hopefully, I won't wear/have them the entire time so I don't block hallways. Don't wanna pull another one of those afetr my wings last year.

sailorpsychosis
08-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Wow, this will be so much fun, meeting all these old greppies! No no no&mdash; I don't mean old... I mean, like, former! ^^;; None of us should be feeling old, if you really think about it... So what if we're adults ^^; Anyway, I wonder if there are enough of us to have a greppies meeting... thing?

Yunie-chan
08-11-2003, 05:00 PM
lol, seems like it X D but what day do we wanna do it on? Maybe Saturday sometime after the Masquerade, or sometime in the morning before so?

kleykulele
08-11-2003, 05:35 PM
I don't mind when we do it *_*;;. I am so excited to meet everyone, but I am always sort of afraid, when meeting grep people. Because I know that some people didn't like me so much - not too many people, but a few people didn't like me or so I have heard o.o;;;. Actually, that doesn't bother me all that much, because once you guys meet me, YOU WILL LOVE ME I SWEAR IT.

*backs away slowly*

Yes, I am crazy x.x;;. What was your name on grep Yunie-chan? Maybe I will remember you *_*!!

And I got my pre-reg confirmation in my email last week. How exciting *.*!! It's only a month away guys!!!

Yunie-chan
08-11-2003, 05:36 PM
I was known as blackchaos, and it was a looooooooong time ago. ^_^* So if you rememer me, wow. Purely, wow.

kleykulele
08-11-2003, 05:58 PM
Hmmmm, it sounds vaguely familiar, but that was probably during the days of when I was annoyingly clueless and had no idea what was going on. So yeah, cant say as though I have a definite recollection ^^**.

mochan42
08-11-2003, 08:51 PM
@_@...All this talk about Grep and I don't understand...I feel so left out....;_;

But don't mind me, carry on with your discussions. :D

sailorpsychosis
08-11-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by mochan42
@_@...All this talk about Grep and I don't understand...I feel so left out....;_;

But don't mind me, carry on with your discussions. :D

Sorry about that, don't mind us! We're talking about a Sailormoon web community that used to be on www.sailormoon.org called grep sailormoon*. The community is now closed, but it was one of the biggest communities dedicated to a single anime that I have ever heard of... It was a lot of fun. :heart:

shneen
08-12-2003, 02:20 AM
*thinks that occaisonally Kley still doesn't know what's going on ^_~*

*runs*

This is going to be fantastic and fun. :D We should have a grep party^_^

Don't feel left out mochan, we still love you ^_^

Okay... I'm gonna go to bed now... just got home from Des Moines and my ears are still ringing from a concert... and I'm starting to babble incoherently :D

mochan42
08-12-2003, 01:42 PM
Yay!! Well at least i Know what's going on now. ^_^ I feel the love! heehee. ^_~ Ok, now carry on to grep discussion!

*skitters away to find more bishies*

M00gle
08-12-2003, 02:42 PM
lol, I was confused too.. thanks for clearing that up :3 *joins mochan to find bishiess*

Kimiko
08-12-2003, 04:30 PM
So who all will be at the shoot on Sat at 11? The shoot itself (group pic) should not take long at all. (If everyone gets there at 11) and then we'll all head over for food and then maybe do some single pictures? (I'm a photography addict) Anyone interested in the single shots?

M00gle
08-12-2003, 04:36 PM
*raises hand* I'll be there, though I dunno if I can stay the whole time ^.^;; I'm up for whatever photo-taking's going on, so I'll do single shots and such if there's time :3

kleykulele
08-12-2003, 04:46 PM
I'll be there for the single shots :D! I love them, I think it's fun *_*;;;.

*thwaps sheena* HEY >:O!! You're supposed to be my friend :P!!

I am at work...and I'm sooo bored :D! Just thought everyone should know.

Shinkokami
08-12-2003, 11:20 PM
Sinlge shots ^^ That sound like fun. I don't really have an agenda (much less a life @.@) so I'm pretty sure I can stay for the whole thing.

Originally posted by kleykulele
I don't mind when we do it *_*;;. I am so excited to meet everyone, but I am always sort of afraid, when meeting grep people. Because I know that some people didn't like me so much - not too many people, but a few people didn't like me or so I have heard o.o;;;. Actually, that doesn't bother me all that much, because once you guys meet me, YOU WILL LOVE ME I SWEAR IT.

Well I wont deny that the majority of *grep's members (especially the newer ones) seemed to have a very scewed idea that all of *grep staff were like satans minions or something. You guys were all so nice though, it makes me sad to hear those things ;_; Darn jealous people >.< So wierd, so wierd.

We must sceduale the *grep reunion *_* This is going to be crazy fun.

*skips away*

mochan42
08-13-2003, 01:47 PM
Yes, I'll be there for the group, eating and single shots. I love to take pictures as well, so it should be exciting. Wish there was some way to know exactly how many people are going to be there if they don't all reply, I guess someone could go back through the thread and count them. o.O

M00gle: Yay! I have someone to help me find bishies! mwahahaha, must collect as many bishies as possible! >D

Naru
08-14-2003, 12:11 AM
I shall find out how many people are going and list all da names... and do some other stuff.... Ya....

mochan42
08-14-2003, 01:11 AM
Wow, you will?? You're so awesome. ^_^

Naru
08-14-2003, 01:39 AM
moved... wonders why i can't delete it...

Kimiko
08-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Some of those people won't be there for the shoot ^^; Awsome idea though!!

Naru
08-14-2003, 12:23 PM
hm, what people wont be going then. I only went through all the pages and listed the ones that said they were going. have people changed their minds?

Kimiko
08-14-2003, 12:57 PM
Some people said they would be going to the con, not the shoot... unless I'm mistaken (which is very possible.) ^^;;;

M00gle
08-14-2003, 06:58 PM
*writes down people to look out for* my group seems so have shrunk considerably, so it might be just me as FF7 Yuffie or Sora (Kingdom Hearts) and Vincent Valentine. My little sister *might* come as a Cactrot or Kairi (also Kingdom Hearts) :O Like I might've said before, I'll definitely be there for most of the shoot, but I'm not sure about lunch.

also, Yunie-chan mentioned another shoot (final fantasy?) that sounded cool.. more info maybe?

Yunie-chan
08-14-2003, 10:15 PM
Mow, info shall be supplied as event time grows nearer, but I'm hoping to do that shoot at 1 p.m. in the lobby, much like last year's one.

Guts_Berserk
08-16-2003, 05:08 PM
Hi, I will go to NDK, I will be Zell Dintch. I would like to come to the shoot(if thats alright). Can I have my friend join us he really wants to plus he needs to wear my other costume that I'm making for the Final fantsy shoots(does anyone know when that is). I don't think he would make a good Zell, but my other costume will do fine. Its a soldier first class from ff7. See you at the con.

mochan42
08-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Of course you can come to the shoot! Everyone's welcome!! ^___^ Wow this will be my first time being in a big group to take pictures, I'm so excited!!!! I feel all, giddy school girl like, mwahahahaha. Anyway, we'll just add you to the list. ^_~

M00gle
08-16-2003, 06:21 PM
cool beans! more FF cosplayers :3 I won't feel so left out now :D!

Guts_Berserk
08-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

mochan42
08-16-2003, 08:32 PM
They'll always be FF cosplayers where ever you go, they'll take over one day! @_@....

Yunie-chan
08-16-2003, 11:21 PM
Oh yeah, anyone's welcome to the FF photoshoot, just make sure you're there to pose, pose, pose! X D ::just got back from a photoshoot and is exceptionally loopy:: lol, yah, it's just for a memory tye of deal, and fan's view, since Kevin hearted it last time.

Guts_Berserk
08-17-2003, 01:11 AM
When is the shoot

Guts_Berserk
08-17-2003, 01:47 AM
Hey Yunie-chan, I thought you were going to Canada NDK weekend

Yunie-chan
08-17-2003, 01:02 PM
lol, no, no! X D I'll be at NDK. And the shoot is tentatively set at 1 p.m. on Saturday.

M00gle
08-17-2003, 01:49 PM
lol FF cosplayers shall ruuuule the worrrld! >D! (yikes, this thread has gone over 9 pages :O!!)

Guts_Berserk
08-17-2003, 05:08 PM
oh ok because I'm one of Lains friends from school and we talked about it

Guts_Berserk
08-17-2003, 09:20 PM
a berret might come

Guts_Berserk
08-18-2003, 09:48 AM
wow I killed the forum.

Naru
08-18-2003, 11:58 AM
OHHH, who lives in a pinapple under the sea?

M00gle
08-18-2003, 07:21 PM
lol yaayy more ff7 to add onto our group >D! With me, it's down to just Me, my friend Vincent Valentine(hopefully), and my younger sister as a cactrot (also hopefully).... XD and don't worry Guts_Berserk, I think I killed the forum too. yikes :O! I'm just soo excited, everyone's costumes sound so cooool *o*!

Guts_Berserk
08-19-2003, 12:41 AM
Well my freind from Texas is gonna be berret, my sister marlene, I am makeing a SOLDIER 1st Class that my freind is gonna wear to the shoots and only to the shoots, and I am gonna be zell so there you go.

kleykulele
08-19-2003, 04:12 AM
Mwa, I just got back from a 4 day mini vacation to Colorado Springs and Steamboat Springs to visit friends who moved out there...the latter of which I fell in love with *_*;;;. Which is pathetic, because I used to live in Fort Collins and didn't even know how cute Steamboat Springs was. I can't wait to go skiing up there this winter.

But anyways, driving through colorado made me really excited for the con :D!!! My roommate thought I was crazy when I got all giddy as we drove through Denver...of course, she thinks I am crazy anyways.

But yes, only a month to go *_*!!!

Guts_Berserk
08-19-2003, 04:19 AM
Ya thats cool. You really only haveone life to live, so live it well.
*This much is certain the universe expands then collapses on itself, this process repeats itself forever. But in each life you relive, you will make the same mistakes and same acomplishments.*

Guts_Berserk
08-20-2003, 07:27 PM
hey I have a suggestion, of where we should eat. we sould eat at that root beer place I can't think of the name right now, but we should go there. Last time at Opus 2003(this was also at the Holiday in), me and my freind went there and the manager recognized our costumes(I was Zell he was some other guy I don't remember) but we got free floats. We should go there I think it is called A&E.

M00gle
08-20-2003, 07:33 PM
A&W root beer? we have one of those in my mall :x!! free floats? :D I'm not even sure if I'll have time to have lunch with you guys, but I'm good for anything ^.^

Guts_Berserk
08-20-2003, 07:39 PM
thats right thank you I am the worst with names

sailorpsychosis
08-20-2003, 09:00 PM
I'm so excited! Booked the hotel reservation today! :D
Anyway, thanks for making the list, Naru.
So, is it officially Saturday at 11, then? What exactly do we do? What shall I wear? <_<;;

Guts_Berserk
08-20-2003, 11:48 PM
ya it is Saturday at 11. What we are going to do, more that likley from my knowledge, we will take pictures and then go to chow.

Kimiko
08-21-2003, 01:53 AM
The meeting is 11am, Saturday.
The meeting will be at the waterfall in the Holiday Inn DIA hotel LOBBY.
Wear costumes, please.
We will take a group photo, go across the street to eat and then will take single photos afterwards.

mochan42
08-21-2003, 01:33 PM
*nodnod* I guess when all the group photos are done then we will figure out where we want to eat. It's got to be close, I assume there's a place near by since everyone keeps saying 'go across the street'. ^^;

sefie_tilmitt
08-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Yep, there's pizza hut, subway, maybe a chinese place if I remember correctly. Possibly an A&W? Anyway, it's a nice proximity to the convention center.

Guts_Berserk
08-21-2003, 06:18 PM
:drink: A&W :drink: A&W :drink: A&W :drink:

Kimiko
08-21-2003, 06:58 PM
I figure we'll just get food, and maybe eat outside ect ect.

Shinkokami
08-21-2003, 08:56 PM
Crazy posting has been going on in here o.o;;; Don't you guys have lives? XD Actually, no don't answer that (just join the club ;D).

Well now that we've posted the time and place about 1,000 times I think everyone's got it ^.^ *dansu dansu* So, um, while I'm being a dork and trying to think of something to post, does anyone have any specific eating problems (like lactose and tolerant or allergic to wheat??) I'm a vegetarian <(^_^)> (>^_^)> (>^_^<) <(^_^<) (yeah O.O and a big loser. Look at my dancing faces LOL)

Guts_Berserk
08-22-2003, 01:00 AM
I don't think so, but there is something.... I am highly addicted to Hot Dogs :waaaah: :waaaah: :waaaah:

DarkMonkey
08-22-2003, 02:40 AM
Im going to NDK for my first time since i just moved out here(actually itll be my first con). Im only going on Sat.(most likley) though. Im working on a Kazamaru costume from Yu Yu Hakusho(my first costume), hopefully itll be done by then.AH i wanna go so bad, itll be so kool.

Guts_Berserk
08-22-2003, 03:06 AM
first con huh, well i'll tell ya what go to www.usagichan.com/NDK2002 to see the pics from last year. You should also check out www.ndk.cc if you haven't already and check out the FAQ there is a lot of info for first coners. And lastly come to the shoot on saterday talk with some people. If you hang out with me you'll have a lot of fun.

DarkMonkey
08-22-2003, 04:03 AM
kool, thnx for the links man.

Guts_Berserk
08-22-2003, 04:07 AM
no prob I just hope you have a good time. Hey you wanna hang out with me and my cosplay buddys

DarkMonkey
08-22-2003, 04:09 AM
Sure thatd be kool.If I can.

Guts_Berserk
08-22-2003, 04:10 AM
ya, do you have a room or what

DarkMonkey
08-22-2003, 04:12 AM
na im only gonna be up there on Sat.

Guts_Berserk
08-22-2003, 04:17 AM
why is that

DarkMonkey
08-22-2003, 04:23 AM
well im only 15 so my mom isnt letting me stay the weekend at the hotel.and sat. the only day i can go up.

kleykulele
08-22-2003, 04:25 AM
You guys are such night owls o.o;;. And up and posting and everything.

Just thought i would check in and say ok to all the photo shoot stuff and lunch. I'm not allergic to anything, but my stomach gets naughty if I eat spicy, so mexican is out. Unless it's Chipotle. My stomach likes Chipotle o_o;.

DarkMonkey
08-22-2003, 04:40 AM
I was just wondering since you guys have gone before, are there any perople there who cosplay any characters from Yu Yu Hakusho?

Guts_Berserk
08-22-2003, 04:41 AM
I think that we should all go to a place somewhere near then come back and go to a nice place in the grass or something like that

Guts_Berserk
08-22-2003, 04:44 AM
I was just wondering since you guys have gone before, are there any perople there who cosplay any characters from Yu Yu Hakusho?

No I wouldn't say so but thats just me.

DarkMonkey
08-22-2003, 04:52 AM
No I wouldn't say so but thats just me.

ok, dam thats not too kool.

DarkMonkey
08-22-2003, 04:53 AM
anyway....what r u working on for the convention.yuove made costumes before right?

Guts_Berserk
08-22-2003, 04:55 AM
whats not too cool me or that there might be yu yu hakasho people at NDK. I mean I have never seen any YuYuHakasho at NDK

Guts_Berserk
08-22-2003, 04:57 AM
ya I am working on a better Zell Dintch and a SOLDIER 1st CLASS and also a marlene costume for my sister

DarkMonkey
08-22-2003, 05:00 AM
na man ure kool, its not kool that theres not any hakusho cosplayers there.

Guts_Berserk
08-22-2003, 05:02 AM
oh ok well if you want you can check out my pics just click on galleries on one of my posts, make sure you leave a post

Naru
08-22-2003, 11:24 AM
I will update this as more people come and go. I will also add other stuff if you personally PM me and ask me to. As more posts come I will delete this post and repaste it so you don't have to keep going back and looking for it.

People Coming to Con and Other Odd Information:
*Sefie_tilmitt
*Ringo ~ With friends ~ Shinigami group
*Liahara_Crow ~ will be wearing out of the place red ribbon?
*Beverly ~ Subaru... Hey! Thats what I'm making!!
*Kimiko
*Akkhima
*Lion Boogy ~ Name: Lionel?
*Tenshinken
*Harukarose
*Makoto ~ Shinigami group ~ Newbee
*Kleykulele ~ Bringing friend Sheena(Shneen)
*Moogle ~ Bringing friend Vincent Valentine with 2 or 3 others.
*Mochan42
*Shinkokami
*Miyu
*Sailorpsychosis
*Yunie-chan ~ FF Shoot ~ Watch out for 6 foot sword!
*Steki_kyo
*Naru ~ Newbee ~ DX4900 digital camera holds over 130 photos.
*Guts_Berserk ~ FF Shoot ~ Zell Dintch ~ Bringing Berret and SOLDIER 1st Class.
*DarkMonkey ~ Newbee ~ Coming Saturday only
*Supaidaa ~ I'll be back...

Cosplay.comer Shoot/meeting Saturday, 11:00am Denver time, at waterfall in main Holiday Inn lobby. There will be a group picture (in costume) so it would be best to arrive a bit early. After that we will find some place to eat so bring some money too.

Final Fantasy Shoot Saturday 1:00pm in lobby like last year. This may be subject to change.

Page 5 offers a badge if you would like to print one out for better cosplay.comer identification.

mochan42
08-22-2003, 01:57 PM
Naru you're so dedicated! ^_^ But it's very helpful and I appreciate it very much for the info!

I'm not allergic to anything either, except if it's really rich like italian, then my stomach might get upset, but that's it. ^^

Oh and DarkMonkey, just cause there aren't going to be other Yu Yu Hakusho people doesn't mean you shouldn't still cosplay who you want. You'd catch everyone's attention more if you're the only Yu Yu character. ^___^

Guts_Berserk
08-22-2003, 02:09 PM
ya thats true

DarkMonkey
08-22-2003, 03:40 PM
Yeah I know, im not like discouraged to do it, I just wanted to know if any other people cosplayed any Hakusho characters there.

Yunie-chan
08-22-2003, 06:40 PM
::applauds Naru:: ^_^ Thanks so much for keeping everyone up to date! Makes it soooooo much easier on everyone!

Supaidaa
08-22-2003, 09:27 PM
I am Pre-reged for NDK so unless somthing happense I should be there.
Only one person knows who I am bwahahahahahahahaha. ... Right well I am off, see the ones there that go and the ones who dont online... Yes thats right... I think.

Um this message is done.... I mean you can leave... You can turn off your computer now there is nothing left here... Ummm... Errrr this is a little okward... most people stop by now but you, you kept reading, and I dont have anything else to say so um, yeah, uh, um errr... BYE...TATA... Sayonara....Iyaah.... And so concludes this portion of the message. If in fact you did read it I thank you for it must have bored you to tears.

See people at NDK yeah.

~Supaidaa~ (That's me well not really but thats my nick)

Naru
08-22-2003, 10:37 PM
Thanks Mochan!! You said you were staying with your uncle in CO Springs right? I live there so I was thinking we might be able to go down on saturday or sunday together if you like. But thats only if you want to of course. I don't think I will have my costume done by then but I plan to spend most my time taking some good shoots and looking around anyways. I am still working on getting friday off. Figure it would save on gas and be fun to chat along the way.

fyi ~ I eat just about anything and everything.

DarkMonkey
08-23-2003, 12:24 AM
is anyone whos going live around Centennial?

Guts_Berserk
08-23-2003, 12:32 AM
I am Pre-reged for NDK so unless somthing happense I should be there.
Only one person knows who I am bwahahahahahahahaha. ... Right well I am off, see the ones there that go and the ones who dont online... Yes thats right... I think.

Um this message is done.... I mean you can leave... You can turn off your computer now there is nothing left here... Ummm... Errrr this is a little okward... most people stop by now but you, you kept reading, and I dont have anything else to say so um, yeah, uh, um errr... BYE...TATA... Sayonara....Iyaah.... And so concludes this portion of the message. If in fact you did read it I thank you for it must have bored you to tears.

See people at NDK yeah.

~Supaidaa~ (That's me well not really but thats my nick)

I am the one person that knows who he is Mwehehehehehehehe.

Yunie-chan
08-23-2003, 12:46 AM
is anyone whos going live around Centennial?

Several of my girls live around there. May I venture out and ask how come you wish to know?

Guts_Berserk
08-23-2003, 12:47 AM
ya she wants to veture out.

DarkMonkey
08-23-2003, 01:44 AM
Several of my girls live around there. May I venture out and ask how come you wish to know?

jus wonderin man.

Yunie-chan
08-23-2003, 01:50 AM
That works. ^_^

And I wish I could join everybody for food after the photoshoot.. ;.; but I won't be able to! Gomen ne!

Guts_Berserk
08-23-2003, 01:53 AM
That works. ^_^

And I wish I could join everybody for food after the photoshoot.. ;.; but I won't be able to! Gomen ne!

Whay can't you join us huh huh?

Yunie-chan
08-23-2003, 02:06 AM
x.x I have to go with my girls and get ready for the costume contest, along with getting some other pics taken with them. Plus, I have my VA and staff friends I wanna catch up with on Saturday. ;.;

mochan42
08-23-2003, 02:23 AM
Naru: Yeah I would definitely like to go with you on saturday. I will go on saturday and possibly friday, but we need to find a place to meet in colorado springs, cause I don't know anywhere but my uncle would know of a place to meet. And if you have a car then it would be perfect, I'd pay for some gas too. ^_^ I think it'll be great to have someone to go with so let me talk to my uncle, if you know of a good place to meet then let me know and I can talk with him. ^^

Supaidaa
08-23-2003, 02:24 AM
Hello friends...
I decided to let you in on a little secret... You may know me from such cons as NDK 2002 and 2001. I played such people as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser the Third. ( With the 2 feet of hair and the kung fu grip.) Well if you remember me thats cool if not thats cool and if you don't care thats cool too. Well in closing as I said a few posts before, "I'll be back" ( you see thats a little thing to honor Arnold who is run in the election in CA.)<that was nonsequitur, and I don't know why I put it and would be easy to remove but oh well.> to NDK, in full costume hope to see you there.

Supaidaa

Guts_Berserk
08-23-2003, 04:09 AM
you were right you do leave crazy posts. oh ya I am look ing to that paintball match Supaidaa.

mochan42
08-23-2003, 12:53 PM
Doing a little simpsons dialogue there mixed with your words? hehe.

Naru
08-23-2003, 11:25 PM
rollin rollin rollin...

Naru
08-23-2003, 11:30 PM
Sounds good then Mochan! There are 2 main malls in COS. I live just about in between the two. Maybe we could meet at on of those? The one up north would be closer to the highway and Denver XD But You can ask your uncle what he thinks. Of course... The mall doesn't open tell 9 i think and we probably need to bug out early if we wanna be there, dressed up, and ready by 11. So maybe a Breakfast place like McDonalds by the mall would work (plus I could get a yummy hot coco to wake me up :P)

mochan42
08-24-2003, 01:58 AM
teehee! Yeah, one of the malls would be great! Maybe like meet in the parking lot and then go to Mcdee's or something, hehe. I will surely ask my uncle though. I was hoping to get up around 8, get ready and possibly get dressed in costume before I go to the convention. But it depends. Anyway, I'll get back to you when my uncle writes me back. ^^;

DarkMonkey
08-24-2003, 02:27 PM
Do you guys want me to do the pictures with the rest of you and stuff?
Cool if yeah.
jus wonderin cause ive really only talked to Guts Berserk so i didnt think that i was gonna do the pictures with the rest of you guys.

mochan42
08-24-2003, 02:32 PM
Of course you'll do the pictures with the rest of us!! And yes we'll probably switch back and forth between people taking pictures or if one person just wants to do it or whatever. But everyone who is coming to the photo shoot and wants to be in the pictures will be in the pictures! ^_^

DarkMonkey
08-24-2003, 03:42 PM
Alright Kool, and everyones meeting in the main lobby of the hotel?

RuthlessJS
08-24-2003, 08:25 PM
I will update this as more people come and go. I will also add other stuff if you personally PM me and ask me to. As more posts come I will delete this post and repaste it so you don't have to keep going back and looking for it.

People Coming to Con and Other Odd Information:

*Guts_Berserk ~ FF Shoot ~ Zell Dintch ~ Bringing Berret and SOLDIER 1st Class.

Hi everyone! :)

I'm the Barret who might be coming. I will have to see if my schedule that week will allow me to attend NDK. If I attend I will also be cosplaying Jax from Mortal Kombat 3. :)

kleykulele
08-24-2003, 09:33 PM
I remember you from A-kon, Barret :D!! I saw you around. Just thought I would share that with everyone because I felt like saying it.

>.>;.

Guts_Berserk
08-24-2003, 10:02 PM
riight, I guess I'll just be me Zell, hehe

RuthlessJS
08-25-2003, 12:43 AM
I remember you from A-kon, Barret :D!! I saw you around. Just thought I would share that with everyone because I felt like saying it.

>.>;.

Hey! I recognize your costume from A-kon! :)

I look forward to seeing you at NDK.... if I get to go :sulk:

DarkMonkey
08-25-2003, 10:02 PM
do any of you know where I can get black athletic tape?like ninja body wrap looking kinda tape but in black?

mochan42
08-26-2003, 12:36 AM
I'm sure any martial arts supply store would have something like that. It would be cloth, but it would be something like that. Maybe look on eBay?

Kimiko
08-26-2003, 12:43 AM
You might also think about electric tape, just an idea.

Kimiko

sefie_tilmitt
08-26-2003, 01:27 PM
Although electrical tape tends to peel off any hair you might have coveted.

Kimiko
08-26-2003, 02:52 PM
Good point. Forgot about that. -.-;;

DarkMonkey
08-26-2003, 07:28 PM
alright thnx

Guts_Berserk
08-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Electric tape is fun hehe

Naru
08-27-2003, 02:09 PM
la la, la la la la, hey hey hey, good byyyeee

Guts_Berserk
08-27-2003, 05:53 PM
ya this rocks I can't wait till NDK

M00gle
08-27-2003, 06:38 PM
:3 gonna rawk gonna rawk gonna raawwwwkkk~!

Guts_Berserk
08-27-2003, 07:15 PM
Me and my cosplay group hav got a lot of skits planed for this year its gonna be funny.

DarkMonkey
08-28-2003, 09:15 PM
When is everyone meeting at the hotel?

Kimiko
08-28-2003, 10:15 PM
If you're asking for the photoshoot, check back in the thread. It gives everything.

Guts_Berserk
08-28-2003, 11:28 PM
gosh, how many times do we have to say that we meet at 11:00 at the waterfall.

DarkMonkey
08-29-2003, 12:21 AM
gosh, how many times do we have to say that we meet at 11:00 at the waterfall.

geez man sry, but thnx

Guts_Berserk
08-29-2003, 01:18 AM
geez man sry, but thnx
No don't be sorry. Its not you I am just really stressed. I lost a freind today, in Iraq, I was right there when it happened. Its not your fault.

Naru
08-29-2003, 10:45 AM
Really sorry to hear about that GB. I hope you have a lot of support with you right now weather it is family or friends. I feel for ya, your friend must have been a great person.

M00gle
08-29-2003, 05:26 PM
that really bites, I'm sorry to hear about that.

DarkMonkey
08-29-2003, 10:53 PM
No don't be sorry. Its not you I am just really stressed. I lost a freind today, in Iraq, I was right there when it happened. Its not your fault.

Hey man, sry to here that bout ure friend, hope u do better soon.

and a little note to Naru and everyone else, i decided to ditch my kazamaru costume till next year, do to lack of money and lack of time to get money, buy it, and make the costume so ima be going as Rinku instead.

Guts_Berserk
08-30-2003, 03:27 PM
ya, well I'm in Iraq right now, but I will definatly be able to go to NDK. I will be in a naval uniform on any of the days.

mochan42
08-30-2003, 09:14 PM
Oh you are? I didn't know that ^^; Well, sorry to hear about your friend and I hope you're all right. It'll be neat to see your uniform, that could be considered cosplay too! Cause there's lots of army based anime's, hehe.

Guts_Berserk
08-30-2003, 10:09 PM
Oh you are? I didn't know that ^^; Well, sorry to hear about your friend and I hope you're all right. It'll be neat to see your uniform, that could be considered cosplay too! Cause there's lots of army based anime's, hehe.
Well I wore my class B uniform last year, and people thought I was Crewman #6 from Evangelion the movie, you know at the begining when the door blast open and all those rounds fly through the door.

DarkMonkey
09-01-2003, 12:35 PM
hey man thats pretty kool.

Guts_Berserk
09-01-2003, 06:07 PM
ya I thought it was too

Naru
09-02-2003, 11:32 AM
nothin to see here...

DarkMonkey
09-02-2003, 07:00 PM
nARU, YOU DIDNT JUS RIGHT ALL THAT AGIN TO SAY I CHANGED MY COSTUME DID U?

Naru
09-02-2003, 11:35 PM
Yep... *whew* It was hard work but I managed it. Having to write this stuff over and over is hard. But, hey, it's my job and I get paid well so it's no biggy in the end.

Guts_Berserk
09-02-2003, 11:42 PM
you get paid

Kimiko
09-02-2003, 11:45 PM
That is so wonderful of you Naru! Thank you again for all of your work!

Naru
09-02-2003, 11:46 PM
Yep, in peace of mind....I would say peanuts but I don't have any. Actually, there is this wonderful function on my computer called COPY and PASTE. I use these two functions intermitidly to refresh the paragraph above lol. :P

Kimiko
09-02-2003, 11:49 PM
You still do a wonderful job!!

Guts_Berserk
09-02-2003, 11:53 PM
yes I know of this copy and paste very ancient tool yes.

Naru
09-03-2003, 12:02 AM
Aw, thanks Kimiko XD

Well, all this copy and pasting is making me tired. time for me to hit the hay! Goodnight :P

Naru
09-03-2003, 12:02 AM
Aw, thanks Kimiko XD

Well, all this copy and pasting is making me tired. time for me to hit the hay! Goodnight :P

Naru
09-03-2003, 12:03 AM
opps, i was having some trouble with the page and i dont' get why we can't delete these????

Guts_Berserk
09-03-2003, 12:35 AM
wow that was like 3 times

mochan42
09-03-2003, 01:44 PM
lol. Poor Naru. I was going to say, geez if you really re-write that every time, I think there's a special trick you need to know. lol But who doesn't know about copy and paste??

Guts_Berserk
09-03-2003, 06:48 PM
I don't hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

mochan42
09-03-2003, 09:33 PM
ack! Yes, you've proven that you realize the knowledge of copy and paste....>_<

Guts_Berserk
09-03-2003, 10:43 PM
sry I got carried away

mochan42
09-04-2003, 01:01 AM
Hehe, it's understandable ^_^

DarkMonkey
09-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Dam, the topic is dying, but anyway I cant wait for the ndk!!!!!!!!!

Guts_Berserk
09-04-2003, 08:43 PM
me niether, hey everyone lets try to get this into a 50 page thread ok