PDA

View Full Version : Jacon: any good?

Balgosa
02-20-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm fairly new to Orlando. I attended MegaCon, but is Jacon any good? I hear people talking about it a lot but after looking at their "ok" website, it seems like the only things going on at it are Bishounen and Yaoi things for girls or guys who like guys.

What is there to look forward to at Jacon? (besides seeing the cool costumes!)

lppunk3333
02-21-2007, 03:19 AM
lol yea we are in the same boat is jacon any good i already got a room for jacon but i hope it good and im not wasting my money

Captin Kyo
02-21-2007, 05:48 AM
Ive only been to jacon the past 4? years i think xD so i dont really know that much about jacon but um ive always had fun~ its always been a good con for me :D this year for me im looking forward to the tennis tourny and picnic xD

heres their website if it helps any http://www.jacon.org/

Lucifer
02-21-2007, 07:23 AM
JACON thread: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=101303

You'll find out more information there.

BayushiKachiko
02-21-2007, 10:18 AM
I haven't been since 2001 (when it was at UCF), but I had a blast when it was there.

At that time, it was a smaller group, so while there was not "as much to do", I had a lot more interaction with other people (which is one of the main reasons I, personally, go to cons).

Also, Orlando has several Anime clubs/groups you might want to consider checking out. (Such as JACO)

SunakoChan
02-21-2007, 01:33 PM
JACON is awesome ^-^ this will be my 3rd year attending. Theres always lots of cool panels, and great guests. It's almost like a "feel free" environment there.. feel like I can do anything I want without getting yelled at. ^-^

Prota-Girl
02-21-2007, 02:06 PM
I plan to attend Jacon this year. It will be my first time going to the Jacon but seconed time Cosplaying! Is there a cosplay contest?

Scavenge
02-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Planning on going this year again.
But not doing the cosplay contest..due to doing contests for 3 times in a row. Twice at Megacon and once at Jacon. Had a bad experiance last year..just hope it won't happen again.
There is however a cosplay contest at Jacon. But, it's not as big as Mega was. They only allow upto 100 contestants and then they are book. That's why you must get there early and reserve a spot in the contest...or you could be out of luck : / not trying to be rude or anything...
The con is alright. But mostly depends on what you would like to do for activities XD

Balgosa
02-21-2007, 04:22 PM
I'll bring my Fruits Basket Zodiac game if anyone wants to play :)

Foos
02-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Jacon always wins internets in the way of FL cons. Nice atmosphere, cool panels and awesome staff. Two years ago I lost my badge, accidentally barged in on a bunch of staff in the middle of a meeting, and they were totally professional and helped me out without so much as a finger wag.

That, and I've found the judges they select for the costume contest are always great. In 05 the judges were really thoughtful and asked questions, and in 06, all dressed as Turks, they were flat out LOL. If you're going for the costume contest (they changed the format, so make sure you check it out on the c.com thread!), no worries about being nervous ^_^

I like the space, too. Lots of open hotel grounds with gardens and great picture-taking opportunities. Plus, Orange Anime will probably be there with karaoke. *Big Grin*

pkmnluvv
05-16-2007, 11:07 AM
my first convention was this year at JAcon. it was pretty fun, but i didnt cosplay. (*-*)''''

ravenmist
07-17-2007, 09:21 PM
I loved Jacon! Hopefully next year I'll get to go back. It was such a fun con and I met so many amazing people.

moonfall
08-15-2007, 02:25 PM
I liked Jacon better than Megacon because it was more anime-focused. I think right now AFO is my favorite of the Florida cons.