PDA

View Full Version : Fushigi Yuugi Eikoden

Sami
08-18-2002, 07:49 PM
I was browsing through my Pioneer 2002 trailer DVD today (Coincidentally, I picked it up at Otakon) and noticed they had a trailer for something called Fushigi Yuugi Eikoden.. anyone know what this is all about? The trailer was less than helpful, but it looked kind of interesting. :skidude:

KuroBara
08-18-2002, 09:58 PM
Eikoden takes place after the series & the first set of oavs. It's based on a set of books released after the series that tells the future of each character. From what I can tell of my raw copy, Suzaku no miko is being replaced by that girl who looks like Yui. So, all of the Suzaku seishi have to gather and stop this from happening, or Miaka disappears. From what I understand, there's some world-hopping!

Correct me if I'm hideously wrong >_<

Hikaruchan
08-19-2002, 10:53 AM
The new girl wants to take Taka/Tamahome from Miaka, so she plots to become new Suzaku no Miko. She is not a nice girl at all.

Rosiel
08-19-2002, 10:57 AM
SPOILERS!

All I know is that Nuriko gets reborn as a girl and that Hotohori gets reborn as the poorest person in the village. Of course Nuriko still loves him and he refuses her.

Hence I am cranky as can be!

I always thought they would be such a cute couple!

Sami
08-19-2002, 11:34 AM
Awwwww! I thought they made a cute couple too!! <3 <3 Come on, Hotohori... come ooonnn....

So is it like a full series or just a few episodes like an OVA? :D

Yggdrasil Pie
08-19-2002, 01:21 PM
More Fushigi Yuugi?!?!?!

I wanna seeeee..... need more infooo!!!!

Rosiel
08-19-2002, 01:23 PM
> just a few episodes like an OVA?

It's another set of OAVs, sadly. ;___;

Luna
08-23-2002, 02:31 PM
FY is turning into a really bad soap opera...damn TV series and OAV already had me rolling my eyes or feeling sick to my stomach during Miaka/Tamahome moments, bleh...but these new series look even worse... but hey, I hope Hoto-chan will be there, so I can mute my TV and drooooooool! :-)

soshi
08-23-2002, 06:46 PM
I'm going to buy it regaurdless of any soap opera drama, and just fast-foward the Tamahome/Miaka scenes.

I'm *STILL* waiting for Chichiri to get a new outfit.. le sigh.

Sana-chan
08-24-2002, 03:57 PM
More FY? Hmmmmm how sad lol. They really don't need to make any more and the manga ended so long ago @_@. And we already know that Miaka and Tamahome's love is oh so strong that it'll overcome everything lol. Oh well, I'll watch it anyway and see ^_^.

mandichan
08-24-2002, 06:25 PM
What has me interested in these OAVs is that the Japanese DVDs have an *English* language track!!

Does anyone know if it is the Japanese seiyuu talking in English, or English dub actors?

Since it hasn't been put into the USA yet, I doubt it is American actors.. But it has me very curious, if its the Japanese seiyuu speaking English that would be great!!! XD

Rosiel
08-26-2002, 09:55 AM
> if its the Japanese seiyuu speaking English that would be great!!! XD

It would defeat the purpose of making the show melodramatic and instead will be hilarious.

BUT I'm willing to bet they are not Japanese. There is no Japanese track to Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, and the English voices were done in the US.

Shima-Mizu
08-28-2002, 09:50 PM
I've seen it...Nuriko and Hotohori are really cute as young'in's again...they had to be reborn so the whole replaced of the suzaku no miko could be stopped, since the suzaku seisha can't do much with two of thier seven dead, they are reborn.

Now I really want to go and re-watch it...I've owned this for ::thinks:: wow a REALLY long time...I'd say at least 2 years, probably closer to 3. I have both OVA's on the same tape, fansubbed. I watched the two OVA series before I got to see the actual series...I'm telling you, if you're never seen the series, do NOT watch the OVA's first, it will completely confuse you and ruin parts of the series. Main example being: When I first watched the series and Nuriko was going around pretending to be a girl I was all like "huh? but he wasn't like that in the ova's...but but but why did they give him a female american voice? ahh!!!" yeah, the lovely things that ran threw my head when I watched OVA's first...major don't do right there...

Rosiel
08-29-2002, 09:40 AM
> Now I really want to go and re-watch it...I've owned this for ::thinks:: wow a REALLY long time...I'd say at least 2 years, probably closer to 3.

Then you might be mistaking it for the first two sets of OAVs... because from what I heard Eidoken is more recent than that...

Shima-Mizu
08-29-2002, 02:14 PM
"Eikou Den, the 2-part novel, continues from the end of the Fushigi Yuugi storyline told both in the manga (volumes 14-18) and the 6-part 2nd OVA series."

Found that information online, hold on looking for more stuff...will post when I find more information (this could be why I was confusing it with past OVA's...since it's taken from the 2nd OVA)

Shima-Mizu
08-29-2002, 02:36 PM
Hmm...from what I see if you're really interested in seeing it now, you can purchase it on an import dvd. Can't find too much more information, did read one thing though that said something about the life force of Miaka's and Tamahome's unborn child o.O.

katrinastrife
09-17-2002, 07:40 AM
Wow. I'm a bum...

;_; I never knew they made anything past the OAV. I only saw the pics on teh net, and wondered...

sailor-moon
09-17-2002, 11:57 AM
yay!!!! :razz: i love fushigi yugi!!!i cant wait to get it in nov.!

Usagi

Kellie
09-17-2002, 11:10 PM
More FY = super yay! *___* Just because I heart Tasuki and Chichiri to death.

Does anyone else feel that perhaps miaka's head should be served upon a silver platter? =D!!!

KuroBara
09-17-2002, 11:48 PM
>Does anyone else feel that perhaps miaka's head should be served upon a silver platter? =D!!!

Eep! My net nickname everywhere else is Miaka 0_0