PDA

View Full Version : MARVEL vs DC Photoshoot & Gathering!

Pages : [1] 2

makio
02-23-2007, 08:28 AM
I hadn't actually participated in a good "versus" cosplay group in awhile... 2004 to be exact, for a MARVEL vs CAPCOM theme. So, with both a Green Lantern and a New X-MEN jacket in the works, I figured I'd ask around if anyone else had either a MARVEL Comics or DC Comics costume planned to wear at the convention... and if so, would you be willing to participate in a group gathering & photoshoot? I haven't thought of what day/location within the D*con premises to do it yet, but I'm more than willing to take suggestions on that too.

Also, I'll try to keep a list of who's who, in case there's some cosplayers "on the fence" trying to decide who or what to go as. :sunburn:

vampirate
02-23-2007, 09:24 AM
I think I should be bringing two DC costumes, Donna Troy and Killer Croc. Although I'm only bringing Croc back if the rest of my group does and will only wear it once since it takes me two hours to get the makeup on. But yeah, if there's a shoot that doesn't conflict with my Final Fantasy shoot I'd like to most likely show up in Donna Troy(sparklies!). Oh, and for my other shoot we did discover this wonderful patio in the Marriott last year, you might want to look in my gallery to see if you like that location: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=53999&member=32117

Digital Blush
02-23-2007, 09:47 AM
if Jinx from Teen Titans counts i'll be bringing her to be apart of the DC comics side. ^^

makio
02-23-2007, 10:14 AM
vampirate: Nice costume choices! Can't say I've seen Donna cosplayed; though if Killer Croc is worn, you know you have to say the "hit'em with a rock" line from the animated series, LoL. I'll make sure not to conflict the times with the Final Fantasy shoot. And hell, if you want - if you join my photoshoot, I'll join the FF one. Not sure as whom, but I've got months to figure it out, right?
:devil:

uchiha: Yup, it counts! By all means, bring it. Hell, if someone wanted to be one of the 'Imperfects' from that Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects or any other MARVEL/DC related projects, that's fine with me. The more, the merrier!

Darth Takeo
02-23-2007, 01:52 PM
I'll have Spidey plus possibly a DC character...

reannaremick
02-23-2007, 02:17 PM
I should have several DC characters. The most definite ones at the moment being Wonder Girl and Saturn Girl. I'm hoping to also have Terra's new costume done by then & revamp Catwoman. So I'd definitely be game for some fun!

london2191
02-23-2007, 03:31 PM
WHOOT FOR DC! -runs around with DC sign- Okay, just here to support. ^^ Me being a true Teen Titans fan with a nice huggies box full of the ORIGINAL Teen Titans comics in her closet, me supports DC. =3

vampirate
02-23-2007, 03:59 PM
vampirate: Nice costume choices! Can't say I've seen Donna cosplayed; though if Killer Croc is worn, you know you have to say the "hit'em with a rock" line from the animated series, LoL. I'll make sure not to conflict the times with the Final Fantasy shoot. And hell, if you want - if you join my photoshoot, I'll join the FF one. Not sure as whom, but I've got months to figure it out, right?

Hah! Yeah, we talked last year about how I should have had a big rock. :toothy:

So far I've been able to find a whole two pictures of previous Donna Troy/Troia costumes. I should start actually constructing mine soon. I've got the fabric for the bodysuit and the pattern. I <3 my fabric, it is super sparkly.

And heck yeah, join my FF shoot! I'm thinking we'll have a lot of XII this year. Last year we had a lot of KH cosplayers. This year I'm making KH2 Yuna 'cause I don't have the money to splurge on the others I want to make quite yet.

Digital Blush
02-25-2007, 07:58 PM
actually i'm thinking of doing a Rogue costume from x-men this year after all! hmm we'll see what happens ^^

TechieCL
02-25-2007, 10:32 PM
I'll totally bring back Chase (Runaways) for this.

nachtinis
02-26-2007, 06:56 AM
I gots like 3 marvels BOOO I need to choose:
help me!!!!!
Train Station wolverine (magneto confrontation, X-Men the movie)
Victor Creed Sabertooth
Ghostrider (movie)

DalaiLiam
02-26-2007, 07:08 AM
Parson, that makes me want to do a Victor Mancha costume for a couple of hours.

makio
02-26-2007, 07:49 AM
Names in italics are for those either uncertain or tentatively decided upon the character to cosplay. Anyway, as promised... the current list:

MARVEL Universe
Darth Takeo ... Spider-Man
MakioTwist ... ???
nachtinis ... Wolverine (Train Station Magneto confrontation, X-Men Movie version), Victor Creed/Sabertooth, Ghost Rider (Movie version)
Techie CL ... Chase
uchiha ... Rogue

DC Universe
Darth Takeo ... ???
MakioTwist ... Green Lantern
reannaremick ... Catwoman, Saturn Girl, Terra, Wonder Girl
uchiha ... Jinx
vampirate ... Donna Troy, Killer Croc

TechieCL
02-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Parson, that makes me want to do a Victor Mancha costume for a couple of hours.

Go for it. Maybe I can track down that gals that did Karolina, Molly, and Nico so we can have a full team.

kelldar
02-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Count me in as Wonder Woman! :)

vampirate
02-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Count me in as Wonder Woman! :)

Wonder Woman! Now I'm extra excited, I can't wait to get pictures with my fellow Amazons! ;)

R-chan
02-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Count me in. Shalt be my first D*C as Venom!

quiksilvababe
02-28-2007, 07:39 PM
black cat here!

we need to get Team Takeo in on this too.

Darth Takeo
02-28-2007, 08:31 PM
black cat here!

we need to get Team Takeo in on this too.

We're in! :D

You can look for an assortment of Marvel and DC characters, including but not limited to Darkkyo reprising his role as the Juggernaut, bitch! Nachtinis as the characters he stated, myself as Spidey and .... yeah the still-to-be-determined DC character. ErinTehHalfaBee may be Rogue, Deathsythehell has Batman. Darth Maru hasn't chimed in yet...

makio
03-02-2007, 08:23 AM
...meant to post the updated list, but I crashed to sleep early yesterday. I'm adding the cosplayers/characters that Darth Takeo mentioned, since most of them sound pretty definite(except for Darth Maru ... not sure what side that cosplayer is choosing).
Names in italics are for those either uncertain or tentatively decided upon the character to cosplay. Anyway, as promised... the current list:

MARVEL Universe
Darkkyo ... Juggernaut
Darth Maru ... ???
ErinTehHalfaBee ... Rogue
MakioTwist ... ???
nachtinis ... Wolverine (Train Station Magneto confrontation, X-Men Movie version), Victor Creed/Sabertooth, Ghost Rider (Movie version)
quiksilvababe ... Black Cat
R-chan ... Venom
Techie CL ... Chase
uchiha ... Rogue

DC Universe
Darth Maru ... ???
Darth Takeo ... ???
Deathsythehell ... Batman
uchiha ... Jinx

Ironekilz
03-06-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm considering cosplaying Mary Marvel at this year's Dragoncon. She looks too much like me not to and it should be a pretty easy costume to make.

Tenel Ka
03-06-2007, 11:59 PM
I'll possibly be bringing my Poison Ivy costume -- if I get it done in time. :D

I believe I will though -- even though I am a horrible procrastinator. Hee~

Darth Takeo
03-07-2007, 01:49 AM
I'll possibly be bringing my Poison Ivy costume -- if I get it done in time. :D

I believe I will though -- even though I am a horrible procrastinator. Hee~
You must succeed!

kelldar
03-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Makio, I'll be there as Wonder Woman! :) I hope this turns out as cool as the giant X-Men photoshoot last year, that would be awesome.

makio
03-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Kell -- I've got high hopes for this gathering too! Hell, it'll be the first time meeting you despite seeing you for years on this site! :sunburn:

I'm still trying to convince some D*con'going friends of mine to join up too, but their choices at current might be a bit too complex to make with spandex & whatnot. I dunno, I'll probably pitch the ideas to the forum for help and constructive critique.
Oh, and if you haven't heard what happened to Captain America/Steve Rogers, you might be (un)pleasantly surprised!

MARVEL Universe
Darkkyo ... Juggernaut
Darth Maru ... ???
MakioTwist ... ???
R-chan ... Venom
Techie CL ... Chase
uchiha ... Rogue

DC Universe
Darth Maru ... ???
Darth Takeo ... ???
Kell ... Wonder Woman
Tenel Ka ... Poison Ivy
uchiha ... Jinx

ErinTheHalfABee
03-17-2007, 12:27 AM
Yes, I will be bringing Rogue! Although I might be torn, as Harley Quinn is also on my costume set list for Dragon*Con as well! Depending on when the photoshoot is, I'll probably be wearing that :P

nachtinis
03-17-2007, 09:00 PM
I think im going to lock in sabertooth, hes not got much representation

Lafiel
03-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Thats TOUGH! I have Huntress, Zatanna, wonder women and some others on dc side but then I have emma frost and x23 on the others. Dang not to sure, I would love ot be part of the group. I guess does anyone have a preference?

makio
03-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Actually, I'd definitely like to hear some suggestions on when/where during the convention we should hold this photoshoot. It'll have to be a place when and where we could have both individual shots of everyone participating. Plus, it should be a somewhat decent locale where some pictures could be on scenic cityscape backdrops or of a suitable temperature so we're either not melting off makeup & masks or sweat-saturating costumes, LoL! So definitely confirm & respond from this with:
a) Meeting Point
b) Preferred Day
c) MARVEL/DC Costume
d) Photoshoot Locations(after meeting point).

Also, there's no restraints or stipulations on whatever version of a character you want to do. Marvel Zombies, Ultimates, HUSH, Live Action Series/Movie, X, Golden/Silver Age, 2099, Infinite Crisis, Year One/One Year Later, Age of Apocalypse, Animated Series, etc... whichever, whatever. It's all good. :sunburn:

ErinTehHalfaBee ... Either one's fine, but as mentioned earlier; depending on what the 'majority' of us vote to hold the photosession at, it's definitely something to consider when you choose between the two. Rogue would probably be okay, since you don't have to worry about Harley's makeup running if it's humid or something. Though if everyone's like me, they'll want to either do it on a cooled exterior area or an air-conditioned open room or hall.
Lafiel ... You could either bring a costume for whichever side has less participants, ask friends if you're all going in the same comic theme, or just pick at random. The choice is yours! Though I will say, I'm impressed at how the Huntress mask turned out -- If you're willing to post tips on how to make similar styled gear, I'd be highly thankful!

MARVEL Universe
Darkkyo ... Juggernaut
Darth Maru ... ???
Lafiel ... ???
MakioTwist ... ???
nachtinis ... Sabertooth
R-chan ... Venom
Techie CL ... Chase
uchiha ... Rogue

DC Universe
Darth Maru ... ???
Darth Takeo ... ???
ErinTehHalfaBee ... Harley Quinn
Kell ... Wonder Woman
Lafiel ... ???
Tenel Ka ... Poison Ivy
uchiha ... Jinx

ErinTheHalfABee
03-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I honestly won't make any decisions until there is an official spot/time for the photoshoot. When were people planning on wearing their costumes? I would probably be doing Quinn on Saturday or Sunday, and be wearing it pretty much all day. Rogue is already finished, and I debuted it at another con, so it's more of an "extra" costume to bring along.

Perhaps, if enough people with multiple costumes were interested, we could do two shoots on different days? Just a thought...

kelldar
03-18-2007, 09:09 PM
For me, right now, just about any time/day would be ok, I would think Sat or Sun would be great. I would love to be able to go outside and get some really awesome shots (instead of us all just standing in a big group in the lobby) - although I know it would be hot out there and a lot of people would possibly overheated in certain costumes in that kind of weather!

Morri
03-19-2007, 09:21 AM
I would love to participate with my Jean Grey costume (Marvel). : D

Bevandera
03-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Count us in...we're bringing at least three Robins.

Darth Takeo
03-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Count us in...we're bringing at least three Robins.

The shoot is capped at 2 1/2 Robins. One of them is gonna have to be half Nightwing or something.

:rofl:

j/k

Activist
03-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Takeo, what's the cap on Spideys? Me and two of my friends are coming as wacky Spidermen. I can't say any more cause' it's top secret, but it will be quite hilarious. But only if all three of us wear them. Just one of us and we look quite crappy.:toothy:
Don't worry, none of us look like Tobey, and our suits aren't nice or anything like your Spidey4Fun suit.

swishnflick
03-19-2007, 07:39 PM
I'll probably be there as Harley Quinn and possibly with my boyfriend as Joker. The sooner we can get this nailed down for a day, the better. My friends and I are trying to determine what days we're wearing what costumes based on what's going to be happening those days.
This is going to be so much fun! :D

Darth Takeo
03-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Takeo, what's the cap on Spideys? Me and two of my friends are coming as wacky Spidermen. I can't say any more cause' it's top secret, but it will be quite hilarious. But only if all three of us wear them. Just one of us and we look quite crappy.:toothy:
Don't worry, none of us look like Tobey, and our suits aren't nice or anything like your Spidey4Fun suit.
The cap on Spideys is infinity.

makio
03-20-2007, 08:01 AM
My preference for the photoshoot is either Friday or Sunday(or both days); since I'll be in METAL GEAR costume on Saturday.

As for the ROBIN situation... as long as they're wearing pants and not lil'green briefs, that's fine with me. :thumbsup: Having multiple versions of Spider-Man is also fine with me. Hell, I'm still trying to finish Scarlet Spider (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:BenR_SpiderMan.jpg)(which was my "???" costume listed under MARVEL that I hadn't yet confirmed). I've got another two friends going as Iron Spidey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:SMCW.jpg) and Spider-Man India (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Spider-Man_India.jpg)... so yeah, I've obviously got no problem with cosplayers going as multiple versions of the same character and definitely nothing against more than one person doing it.

...Truth be told, I'd love to see Bombastic Bag-Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Spider-man_ff_paperbag.jpg), in all his Fantastic Four glory LoL!

MARVEL Universe
childdoll ... Majik
Darkkyo ... Juggernaut
Darth Maru ... ???
Lafiel ... ???
MakioTwist ... Scarlet Spider
Morri ... Jean Grey
nachtinis ... Sabertooth
R-chan ... Venom
Techie CL ... Chase
uchiha ... Rogue

DC Universe
Darth Maru ... ???
Darth Takeo ... ???
Kell ... Wonder Woman
Lafiel ... ???
swishnflick ... Harley Quinn
swishnflick's b/f ... the Joker
Tenel Ka ... Poison Ivy
uchiha ... Jinx
vampirate ... Donna Troy

vampirate
03-20-2007, 10:10 AM
So it's looking like we won't have time to do our Batman group again, so I most likely won't be bringing Croc. But I'm not that sad 'cause it takes me 2 hours to put on that makeup.

childdoll
03-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Well I will be at Dragon*Con this year (finally)
I have been dying to do a Magik cosplay... so if I have the time and resources, I will make her and join ya'll ^_^
*huggles*

makio
03-22-2007, 07:56 AM
vampirate -- Eep! Well, at least you've got a back up costume for the photoshoot/gathering, which is good! I actually should know next month if I can get a FF costume done for your shoot too. I was having trouble figuring out who to go as and if a costume could be done in time... but I've nearly narrowed down the choices, so I'll post on that thread soon enough. :sunburn:

childdoll -- LOL Hey, you're not the only one that's finally going to D*con! :thumbsup: I've missed out on it the past four years now and I just now got clearance from work to go. So hopefully Mother Nature's kind to us this hurricane season and I'm there too!

...oh, and I edited the earlier post with the cast listing.

vampirate
03-22-2007, 09:40 AM
vampirate -- Eep! Well, at least you've got a back up costume for the photoshoot/gathering, which is good! I actually should know next month if I can get a FF costume done for your shoot too. I was having trouble figuring out who to go as and if a costume could be done in time... but I've nearly narrowed down the choices, so I'll post on that thread soon enough. :sunburn:

Well, since Donna Troy is one of my new costumes that I'm working on that I'm really excited about I probably would have worn that to the shoot anyways.

And yay! Let me know when you reach a decision!

R-chan
03-25-2007, 02:01 PM
man 5 months away. I need to get started on venom. exactly how are fellow suit wearers going about making their costumes? what's the best fabric to use? and how come harley quinn and joker are in the marvel universe?

vampirate
03-25-2007, 05:25 PM
man 5 months away. I need to get started on venom. exactly how are fellow suit wearers going about making their costumes? what's the best fabric to use? and how come harley quinn and batman are in the marvel universe?
I'm going to make a mock-up first out of cheap fabric so that I don't mess up my $10/yd fabric. ;)

For stretchy fabric I'm currently obsessed with this store: http://www.spandexworld.com/

R-chan
03-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Good idea. I was looking for cotton lycra. Spandex world has it for $6/yrd. Thanks for the link. I might just get it from them.

nachtinis
03-26-2007, 03:06 PM
MARVEL Universe

WTF?

ErinTheHalfABee
03-26-2007, 07:42 PM
huzzah for Harley Quinns!!

makio
03-27-2007, 08:06 AM
WTF, indeed. x_X I dunno how that one happened. -smacks up the C/P- It's fixed now on the previous page, but I'll post the updated list tomorrow on this one as well.

Also... it's looking like the photoshoot & gathering might be on Friday afternoon-into-the-evening(prolly starting as early as 3PM to gather up), if that's okay with everyone?

TechieCL
03-27-2007, 11:34 AM
3pm Friday is a no-go for me. I have to work to at least then that Friday before heading to the Marriot. Factoring picking up people, Labor Day Weekend Traffic, parking, and check-in, optimistically Chase couldn't show up until 7pm

reannaremick
03-27-2007, 12:19 PM
I was thinking more like post-parade Saturday. Good crowds but not so much with the drunk people which you tend to get as it gets darker. :/

makio
03-27-2007, 12:24 PM
I would've offered Saturday, but I wasn't sure if anyone else had anything more important planned, since that's the big day of the convention. Any time on Saturday is fine(hell, better than Friday)for me.

ErinTheHalfABee
03-27-2007, 08:10 PM
I would prefer Saturday, as I was considering wearing my Harley Quinn costume that day, and I would be in it pretty much all day long. I usually do older/previously worn costumes on Fridays.

So I am in for Saturday, anytime afternoon-night. I usually wake up around 12 and go to bed around 6 in the morning ^_^.

PhoenixGate
04-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Is there any room for a Darkstalker character? As in Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes? Just wondering, would love to join you guys.

The Kraken
04-05-2007, 10:12 PM
You can put me down for a comics version Sabretooth.

makio
04-06-2007, 08:52 AM
PhoenixGate --- Even though the theme is based on the two comic companies, if you want to make a costume of whomever or whatever to get photos alongside us, that's fine. Obviously, a character from Marvel or DC is preferred though. I'm a fan of the DarkStalkers series(Victor, Jedah, and Zabel being my favorites!), and hell... if time allows, I might try to see if I can get a DarkStalker done in time. We'll see though. Feel free to PM me later about it.

MARVEL Universe
childdoll ... Majik
Darkkyo ... Juggernaut
Darth Maru ... ???
Lafiel ... ???
LilyRampant's b/f ... Chamber
Morri ... Jean Grey
nachtinis ... Sabretooth
R-chan ... Venom
Techie CL ... Chase
The Kraken ... Sabertooth
uchiha ... Rogue

DC Universe
Bevandera ... Robin
Darth Maru ... ???
Darth Takeo ... ???
Emily ... Ice
Kell ... Wonder Woman
Lafiel ... ???
Lily Rampant ... Fire
LilyRampant's b/f ... Green Arrow
Tenel Ka ... Poison Ivy
uchiha ... Jinx
vampirate ... Donna Troy

Bevandera
04-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Just wanted to add our group of three Robins (DC) to the list.

LilyRampant
04-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Emily & I are doing DC's Fire and Ice

and I will be there as Madame Hydra

But if its saturday thats the day were doing Fire and Ice I believe.

so its comfy before the dawn contest :)

and boyfriend will be there as chamber from the xmen

makio
04-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Emily & I are doing DC's Fire and Ice
and I will be there as Madame Hydra
But if its saturday thats the day were doing Fire and Ice I believe.
so its comfy before the dawn contest :)
and boyfriend will be there as chamber from the xmen

Added. But which one of you is Fire and who's Ice? :sunburn:

LilyRampant
04-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Im Fire. shes ice..
shes the shyer of the two of us.

Green is my theme this year- hydra and fire.

the boyfriend is also toying with doing green arrow. but dunno. i know hes doing chamber cause im making it :P

makio
04-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Either way(Chamber or Green Arrow)is cool with me. :] I'd go as a Gen X, but I'm not brave enough to shave my head completely yet to be Synch. XD

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Gambit right here!
yes i will be crossplaying that sexy Remy....Just wonder how i'll glomp myself...
My entire group of friends will be doing Xmen characters sometime during the con weekend so just be prepared! Right now i think we have Gambit (me), a Psylocke, Black Queen, a Rogue, etc. We're kind of all undecided right now! lol.
My Gambit is somewhat an original "What if They Were Smart Enough To Actually Put Gambit in the Movies!!!" version.

nachtinis
04-26-2007, 07:14 AM
i know hes doing chamber cause im making it :P

Go all out, cover his chest and face with phosphorus mixed with turpentine and catch him on fire!

DalaiLiam
04-26-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm going to try to get my Red Son Batman done for DC. I just have to sit down and make a mold of my face for the most part.

makio
04-26-2007, 10:20 AM
DalaiLiam --- Nice! I'm definitely open to different versions of the MARVEL/DC characters. Are you going to have a group of 'Red Son' themed cosplayers along with you? :sunburn:

!*Jessi-Chan*! --- Sounds good, I'll add you to the list. As for a movie-interpretation of Gambit, would it be similar to the uniforms of the other characters, or a slight variant on the classic attire?

Nachtinis --- At least it looks like he won't be the depowered version, hooked up to hospital equipment and whatnot, LOL.

...For everyone...! If possible, could the people who have friends, family, significant others, etc. listed as characters below(for example, "Sample's G/F")please submit a Cosplay.com name or nickname for them to be identified by? The reason why I ask is because it would help with identifying one another around the convention that day if they're trying to meet up for the gathering & photoshoot, or even for picture credits. Maybe if the group continues to grow on this trend, we could have some kind of extra fun -- an outing to a restaurant/party, a panel, or even just a mini "majority voted best of the group" costume contest amongst ourselves.

MARVEL Universe
childdoll ... Majik
Darkkyo ... Juggernaut
Darth Maru ... ???
hentaigirl82 ... Black Queen
!*Jessi-Chan*! ... Gambit
Lafiel ... ???
mocha ... Psylocke
Morri ... Jean Grey
nachtinis ... Sabretooth
Onagro ... Magneto
R-chan ... Venom
Techie CL ... Chase
uchiha ... Rogue

DC Universe
Bevandera ... Robin
DalaiLiam ... Batman
Darth Maru ... ???
Darth Takeo ... ???
Emily ... Ice
Kell ... Wonder Woman
Lafiel ... ???
Lily Rampant ... Fire
Tenel Ka ... Poison Ivy
uchiha ... Jinx
vampirate ... Donna Troy

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Makio: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/41559209/
i'm using these designs from deviant art. after getting permission from the artist of course :)

As far as friends, i am really unsure if they want me to spill the beans or not, but i will direct them to this thread :D

To any Rouge's out there: BEWARE!!! I want RougexGambit pictures!!! lol

Idea for photo at the shoot: We should do like a "battle scene", Marvel on one side, DC on the other! Sort of like the cover of some of the Civil War comics

DalaiLiam
04-26-2007, 12:07 PM
DalaiLiam --- Nice! I'm definitely open to different versions of the MARVEL/DC characters. Are you going to have a group of 'Red Son' themed cosplayers along with you? :sunburn:

Nope. LOL. I'll just have to go hang out with a RedStar (since I know there's one floating around that I saw at MTAC) or possibly a Colossus if I can find one, and you know.. Do communist stuff like ...fight Capitalism.

I just really liked the series, and I find that Batman to be the most disturbing Batman out there.

Onagro
04-26-2007, 03:50 PM
I'll more than likely be going to Dragon Con. I was going to be Cyclops but in honor of my pet of the same name, I'll make a Magneto Costume. Who knows, I may make Ol' Cyke if there's enough time. Hopefully, the Planet X (Xorneto as some call him) costume.

hentaigirl82
04-26-2007, 08:29 PM
You can put me down for black queen from x-men

mocha
04-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Put me down for Psylocke...again. I was supposed to do it last year but Cosworx was out of the wig color I wanted. (And I refused to wear it with the wrong hair color! >_< ) Hopefully, I'll have better luck this time around. ^_^;

!*Jessi-Chan*!
04-27-2007, 10:40 AM
YAY! mocha and hentaigirl!!!! Glad to see you guys on the thread :) We are gonna 'rock' in our Xmen costumes

Regena
04-29-2007, 08:05 AM
i brought a bunch of spandex/dancewear for my rogue costume im gonna be working on...i hope to start on it after animazement. there still a few things im tryin to figure out.

makio
05-07-2007, 12:03 PM
...For everyone...!
It looks like we've got SATURDAY picked as the day for the MARVEL vs DC Gathering & Photoshoot. No 'definite' time set, though suggestions for "after the parade" sound feasible enough to me. My suggestion is 4PM-4:30PM gathering time, and then once we've amassed our group, we'll get photos and such. Plus, that gives everyone time to either change from whatever they were wearing, cool off & relax a little, or even meet & greet those among us you don't know.

...Sound good? :sunburn:

The Kraken
05-08-2007, 02:36 AM
That sounds good to me. I'm going to have to shave my facial hair Saturday night for my Blade Runner group (I'm Deckard). Therefore, my Sabretooth will be out for the rest of the con after Saturday afternoon. But a 4-4:30 photo time sounds great!

Darth Takeo
05-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Seems far enough ahead of time for planning to me! I'm down!

vampirate
05-08-2007, 02:47 PM
The time sounds good to me. I'll probably be running around all day being sparkly. When I got out my fabric for Donna yesterday I left little glitter clouds everywhere. I've also make two mock-ups for her now, so after I pick up some elastic I should be able to get my bodysuit done soon.

R-chan
05-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Yea I'm down. I'll be sure to be venom all day saturday. Should we wear name tags or ribbon type things?
@vampirate: how long did it take for your spandexworld fabric to arrive? I think I'll get mine from them as well.

Digital Blush
05-08-2007, 08:48 PM
i think 4ish on saturday sounds good too :D

Arlette
05-08-2007, 09:44 PM
I don't think I'm bringing any DC costumes this year, but I made a new version of Elektra so...Marvel FTW?

The Kraken
05-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Oh yes. Marvel FTW indeed!

vampirate
05-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Yea I'm down. I'll be sure to be venom all day saturday. Should we wear name tags or ribbon type things?
@vampirate: how long did it take for your spandexworld fabric to arrive? I think I'll get mine from them as well.
Not too long. I actually ordered that fabric months ago but just not got around to working on the costume. I was never wondering where the heck my fabric was if that helps. My last set of swatches I ordered from there however, they have been taking their sweet time. But I'm not one who's going to complain about getting free swatches late. These days when I see fabric they have that I just think I might want to use on something sometime, not really anytime soon, I like to go ahead and order swatches.

Quinn
05-13-2007, 12:33 PM
I am kinda overloaded on DC comics costumes
right now I am working on

Dawnstar of The Legion of Superheroes

Donna Troy *waves @ vampirate* YAY for other Donna Fans, she needs more love and its so odd to see a lot of fans irritated with her. But I luff her. Its nice to see others notice her.

Phantom Girl of The Legion of Superheroes

and I may reprise Zatanna

But for the Shoot I'll wear Dawnstar If its not to late to join??

makio
05-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Arlette --- I wasn't sure by the earlier post you made, but would you like to join us as Elektra?

Quinn --- Yep, you're more than welcome to join up! Hell, I'll probably go around the con rounding up people for photos too. More the merrier, I say. Also, much love for Zatanna! <3 She's my favorite DC Comics female. Your costume of her(well, all of your characters)are really superb. Glad to have you among us!
:sunburn:

MARVEL Universe
Arlette ... Elektra
childdoll ... Majik
Darkkyo ... Juggernaut
Darth Maru ... ???
Lafiel ... ???
mocha ... Psylocke
Morri ... Jean Grey
nachtinis ... Sabretooth
Onagro ... Magneto
R-chan ... Venom
Techie CL ... Chase
uchiha ... Rogue

DC Universe
Bevandera ... Robin
DalaiLiam ... Batman
Darth Maru ... ???
Dr.Noe ... Joker
Emily ... Ice
Kell ... Wonder Woman
Lafiel ... ???
Lily Rampant ... Fire
Quinn ... Dawnstar
Tenel Ka ... Poison Ivy
uchiha ... Jinx
vampirate ... Donna Troy

Darth Takeo
05-13-2007, 05:53 PM
There won't be any DC characters in my repertoire this year, most likely. Spider-Man will be well covered, however!
:)

Arlette
05-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Arlette --- I wasn't sure by the earlier post you made, but would you like to join us as Elektra?

I already made the costume so it's a 100% sure thing, so you can definitely put me down. I will do my best to make it, I usually forget things but Quinn can get on my butt and remind me.

Quinn
05-13-2007, 09:21 PM
I already made the costume so it's a 100% sure thing, so you can definitely put me down. I will do my best to make it, I usually forget things but Quinn can get on my butt and remind me.

Eiii yes!

[QUOTE=MakioTwist;1874085]Arlette --- I wasn't sure by the earlier post you made, but would you like to join us as Elektra?

Quinn --- Yep, you're more than welcome to join up! Hell, I'll probably go around the con rounding up people for photos too. More the merrier, I say. Also, much love for Zatanna! <3 She's my favorite DC Comics female. Your costume of her(well, all of your characters)are really superb. Glad to have you among us!

Thank You ^_^ That really means a lot to me. Thank you a lot :bashful:

makio
05-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Arlette --- Awesome! Glad to have you among us! :sunburn:

Oh, and I updated the list(I'm trying to keep the list updated and appearing once on each page). In case I didn't mention it before... everyone's more than welcome to add/change/drop characters, bring friends/family along, or even come up with stuff for us to do at this gathering/photosession.
For example, if you'd like to get the MARVEL/DC characters in varied poses for a photo-comic of sorts(a friend of mine tried it before, came out pretty good), that's cool. Obviously, it would be wise to ask permission of the cosplayers involved... but given how well-mannered, amazingly costumed and experienced a lot of this crew seems, I doubt any of us would hesistate to bother.

Dr.Noe
05-14-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm down. My Killing Joke Joker will be accompanying me (as promised for last year that didn't happen-me or the costume). I will have to make arrangements for costume changing, though, as Sat is the parade I believe and I will be with the Cobra 21st for most of the day.

makio
05-16-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm down. My Killing Joke Joker will be accompanying me (as promised for last year that didn't happen-me or the costume). I will have to make arrangements for costume changing, though, as Sat is the parade I believe and I will be with the Cobra 21st for most of the day.

From what I'm told, the parade takes place prior to this photoshoot... though if anyone can confirm this, that'd be great. As for Joker, that sounds great. I'm glad we're getting more villains to this gathering to even things out. Given your choice in character, I definitely want this pose for a photo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Jokerkillingjoke.png). The laughter could obviously be photoshopped in later.

vampirate
05-16-2007, 11:11 AM
The parade is typically Saturday morning. People should have tons of time to change, and grab lunch, and whatever else they need to do before the shoot. Kind of sadly I never catch the parade due to the whole being in the morning issue. ;)

Onagro
05-16-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm a little conflicted over which costume to wear for this. The Xorn/Magneto one was a little too difficult to fashion a helmet at the moment (not the classic Magneto helmet, the Xorn onehttp://punisher.com/universe3zx/images/4/40/Xorn2.jpg ). Anyhow, I've got Carnage who is almost done with his axe hand, and Cyclops most recent costume. Which one...

Missing Ninja
05-17-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm still debating on this costume due to finances and such, but I might be coming to Dragoncon as X-23, Wolverines female clone. I'll let you know how the progress goes!

(Does anyone happen to know when the Star Wars costume contest is? I want to wear my Padme costume on that day and wear X-23 the next. Hopefully that'll be Saturday for the photo shoot.)

The Kraken
05-17-2007, 10:43 AM
X-23?! That would be awesome! You NEVER see that one.

kelldar
05-17-2007, 02:09 PM
Not to get the thread off topic, but --
Missing Ninja, the Star Wars costume contest has always been saturday afternoon, around 4.

Arlette
05-17-2007, 02:17 PM
X-23?! That would be awesome! You NEVER see that one.

Actually, a friend of mine did the black catsuit version of X23 just last year, and another girl I kinda know did the brown suit version. ^_^ So it's been done a couple times, at least! It's just really rare! Maybe my friend will bring hers again this year *cough*Lafiel*cough*

The Kraken
05-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Huh. I guess I just never noticed. Great idea, though.

Missing Ninja
05-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Kraken - Precisely! And she doesn't look that hard to do...hopefully. My Padme gowns are proving to be quite the headache.

Thanks Kell, though would that interfere with the Marvel vs. DC shoot? Or are we doing that in the morning? (sorry, I've never been to a convention before, so I'm not sure how the timing of these things works)

Arlette - Actually, I think it might be funny to have a couple of X-23. Then we'd have clones of clones! :crylaugh: Okay, so maybe only I thought that was funny...

Arlette
05-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Arlette - Actually, I think it might be funny to have a couple of X-23. Then we'd have clones of clones! :crylaugh: Okay, so maybe only I thought that was funny...

I think it would be awesome, too! I actually like her character, though a lot of people don't. I was just pointing out how rare it is, so it's weird that I even know the only two people I've ever seen cosplay her. XD I'm sure others have too, just never seen them.

But I think you should go for it! Join the fray! Be only the third one I've ever seen! XD

Not to go off topic, but when did she first appear in the comics? Wasn't it a while ago now?

The Kraken
05-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Well, if you ladies are going to be X-23, I need to pose with you in my Sabretooth.

Missing Ninja
05-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Arlette - Oddly enough, X-23 was created for the animates X-Men series. (Episode 41) But the first comic she showed up in was in a self-named one issue #23: Innocence Lost, I believe. But don't quote me on that.

Kraken - If I can get the costume done, I'd be more than happy to pose with you! (Though we'll have to snag a Wolverine just for good measure. :) )

The Kraken
05-17-2007, 07:23 PM
There's usually a Wolverine floating around somewhere.

Arlette
05-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Arlette - Oddly enough, X-23 was created for the animates X-Men series. (Episode 41) But the first comic she showed up in was in a self-named one issue #23: Innocence Lost, I believe. But don't quote me on that.

Kraken - If I can get the costume done, I'd be more than happy to pose with you! (Though we'll have to snag a Wolverine just for good measure. :) )

Ooooh!! There's this one guy who I've seen around several times now who has a kickass Wolverine costume! He's dressed as Angel in this pic from my gallery, posing with me and my friend: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=849922

He has a ton of airbrushed suits like that. Wolverine, Daredevil, and others I'm forgetting. It would be most awesome if he shows up.

The Kraken
05-18-2007, 01:45 AM
Trust me: he'll be there. I've seen that guy at EVERY con I've ever been to, sans some of the really small ones. He never misses Dragon*Con from what I understand.

makio
05-18-2007, 08:23 AM
I forgot the guy's name, but I know he's got a site dedicated to it as well. I first saw him and his wife at MegaCon here in Orlando as Electro... if/when someone sees him at Dragon*con, let'em know to join us! :]

The Kraken
05-19-2007, 01:15 AM
I saw him all the way out in San Diego for Comic Con last year. I love his Electro with the battery powered electric gloves. Awesome!

vampirate
05-19-2007, 03:21 PM
I got my Donna Troy bodysuit done and wanted to share it with you guys! Quinn's excitement helped motivate me to finish it.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1091640

It's pretty glittery now, but I can add some crystals to it if I think it needs to be more sparkly.

Quinn
05-19-2007, 07:42 PM
I got my Donna Troy bodysuit done and wanted to share it with you guys! Quinn's excitement helped motivate me to finish it.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1091640

It's pretty glittery now, but I can add some crystals to it if I think it needs to be more sparkly.

This turned out so beautifully OMG I am in awe. Its really great fabric and your look fantastic in it.

R-chan
05-19-2007, 07:51 PM
That's awesome, vampirate! Hopefully mine'll come out good as well

vampirate
05-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Thanks Quinn and R-chan! And R-chan just remember to make mock-ups out of something with about the same degree of stretch as your good fabric. I used some fabric I had sitting around that I got out of the $1/yd section at Walmart and made two before I moved on to my glitter velvet. I cut out my pattern in what was supposed to fit my measurements and it was too short length wise and too wide in other places. I had to add two inches length to the legs and body, and take out four inches from the back and a couple around the thighs.

buddhaful
05-20-2007, 01:39 PM
If my ride/room share comes through and I can make it to D*C - I'll also be portraying Black Cat (A different suit version than the other Black Cat).

makio
05-21-2007, 02:49 PM
buddhaful ... Hopefully travel plans work out for you, it'd be great to have you involved with the rest of us!
vampirate ... Top notch work thus far! This is going to be a pretty impressive cast of MARVEL & DC characters if we're get everyone listed there. I'm already amazed at the interest gathered even being a little more than 3 months away from the Convention date!

Definitely feel free to post any further progress pictures, everyone!

MARVEL Universe
Arlette ... Elektra
buddhaful ... Black Cat
childdoll ... Majik
Darkkyo ... Juggernaut
Darth Maru ... ???
Lafiel ... ???
mocha ... Psylocke
Morri ... Jean Grey
nachtinis ... Sabretooth
Onagro ... Magneto
R-chan ... Venom
spcbromley205- Mystique
spcbromley205's husband- Captain America
Techie CL ... Chase
uchiha ... Rogue

DC Universe
Arlette ... ???
Bevandera ... Robin
DalaiLiam ... Batman
Darth Maru ... ???
Dr.Noe ... Joker
Emily ... Ice
Kell ... Wonder Woman
Lafiel ... ???
Lily Rampant ... Fire
Quinn ... Dawnstar
Tenel Ka ... Poison Ivy
uchiha ... Jinx
vampirate ... Donna Troy

R-chan
05-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks 4 the advice, vampirate. I should practice before using my lyrca.

spcbromley205
06-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Hello folks. This is a new name because the old one got caught on a bug. Stupid board problems. Anyway, I'm attached to swishnflick, Kell and a few others who are doing the Marvel/DC superheros and villians. My husband and I would like to be added to the list:

spcbromley205- Mystique

(Just in case anyone from the 501st doesn't recognize me, it's Becca.)

The Kraken
06-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Man, this is shaping up to be an awesome group. Can't wait to get together!

Arlette
06-06-2007, 10:08 PM
[delete]

The Kraken
06-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Change it! There may be another Elektra.

makio
06-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Man, this is shaping up to be an awesome group. Can't wait to get together!

No kidding! :eek:
I'm pretty amazed by the interest and turnout just in this topic alone. I wasn't sure I'd get this many(and possibly more)months prior to the convention. But it's good to know we've got a pretty varied character list with aptly skilled cosplayers. Should make for one amazing gathering.

btw, the List has been updated. Let me know if there's any edits/additions needed.

Arlette
06-07-2007, 09:33 AM
[delete]

R-chan
06-07-2007, 02:09 PM
I was wondering if we're going to join D*C's costume contest. It'd be an easy win for us.

The Kraken
06-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Ugh. I typically avoid the Masquerade. It tends to be LAME and all you do is stand around and wait forever. Cuts into my partyin' time!

Arlette
06-07-2007, 03:36 PM
I was wondering if we're going to join D*C's costume contest. It'd be an easy win for us.

I'd advise against that. Even though D*C is the best con ever, their masquerade usually kinda sucks and takes up a lot of time, and is generally frowned upon. The hosts and judges are usually drunk, and the audience can boo you off stage and a Stage Stormtrooper or some variation will come take you off.

makio
06-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Up to you guys, really. Most costume contest really kill the day in terms of trying to do anything else. If it's not the long line, it's getting run-around trying to find where the judging is, when to be at the site, what to do, etc. Too much of a headache, when as The Kraken & Arlette said so truthfully -- it cuts into the free time drastically(sweet inebriation for me personally! :sunburn: ).

But if anyone from the group braves(baseball pun intended)going up there, I'll cheer for ya!

childdoll
06-07-2007, 05:15 PM
I think my fiancee would like to join us as Lex Luther ^.^

Also, I haven't been keeping track of the thread lately... has a date, time, and location of this meet-up been determined yet?

AnaAesthetic
06-07-2007, 05:55 PM
YAY! I was hoping for a big Marvel group this year :D

Oh this is a tough one! I already have Dark and Green Phoenix and Ms. Marvel done... but I'm planning on a very amazing Emma Frost for D*C!

I wouldn't know what to pick... I think this is just a great idea!

makio
06-07-2007, 08:33 PM
childdoll --- Right now, it's as follows
Day: Saturday
Time: 4:00 PM

AnaAesthetic --- Judging from the gallery and considering the possible character choice, I'd say either one would suffice! We would be glad to have you with us. Drop a line later to confirm the character of choice.

Arlette
06-07-2007, 09:22 PM
YAY! I was hoping for a big Marvel group this year :D

Oh this is a tough one! I already have Dark and Green Phoenix and Ms. Marvel done... but I'm planning on a very amazing Emma Frost for D*C!

I wouldn't know what to pick... I think this is just a great idea!

Do Ms. Marvel! She's rarely cosplayed! I did her last year (made the costume at the last possible second XD) and it was much fun! People respond really well to obscure characters like that. I had some guy say to me, "I just bought your action figure!" lol

R-chan
06-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Oh well what is up with cons screwing up their contests? This'll be my first D*C so hopefully I won't get lost trying to find the shoot.

I agree Ms. Marvel should be cosplayed more. She kicks arse in Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

AnaAesthetic
06-11-2007, 12:13 PM
It'll be such a tough decision! But I'm excited to see everyone elses creations! :D

The Kraken
06-11-2007, 02:48 PM
I agree with the Ms. Marvel sentiment. Is this the green Ms. Marvel or the navy/yellow traditional X-Men Ms. Marvel?

TechieCL
06-11-2007, 10:57 PM
I'd vote for Ms. Marvel just so some of the Marvel people can break off and do pro/anti-registration poses and stuff. Of course me (and any other Runaways cosplayers) can stand to the side making snarky comments against both factions.

Aufklarung
06-12-2007, 06:35 AM
I'll be there as Deadpool! ('Ultimate' version) :D

makio
06-12-2007, 07:19 AM

Names in italics are for those either uncertain or tentatively decided upon the character to cosplay. Here's the current list:
MARVEL Universe
AnaAesthetic ... Ms. Marvel
Aufklarung ... Deadpool
buddhaful ... Black Cat
childdoll ... Majik
Darkkyo ... Juggernaut
Darth Maru ... ???
Lafiel ... ???
mocha ... Psylocke
Morri ... Jean Grey
nachtinis ... Sabretooth
Onagro ... Magneto
R-chan ... Venom
spcbromley205- Mystique
Techie CL ... Chase
uchiha ... Rogue

DC Universe
Arlette ... ???
Bevandera ... Robin
childdoll's b/f ... Lex Luthor
DalaiLiam ... Batman
Darth Maru ... ???
Dr.Noe ... Joker
Emily ... Ice
Ironekilz ... Mary Marvel
Kell ... Wonder Woman
Lafiel ... ???
Lily Rampant ... Fire
Nevernaut ... Batman
Nevernaut's friend ... Aquaman
Nevernaut's friend ... Powergirl
Nevernaut's friend ... Robin
Nevernaut's friend ... Starman
Quinn ... Dawnstar
Tenel Ka ... Poison Ivy
uchiha ... Jinx
vampirate ... Donna Troy

Nevernaut
06-13-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm down; mark another Batman on the DC side for me, wouldja?

I should have a Robin, an Aquaman, a Powergirl and a Starman along with me, if all goes well.

Arlette
06-13-2007, 03:52 PM
You can remove me as Elektra, officially. I will be wearing my DC costume, instead. ^_^

halafax
06-13-2007, 04:06 PM
how bout some marvel zombies to throw in the mix?

Zendragon
06-13-2007, 05:17 PM
This looks like a very impressive group. We haven't worked in exactly what we are bringing... but it's possible that we could have some Batman and Catwoman (Tracy) there and speaking of Marvel Zombie's... there will be that too!

makio
06-13-2007, 11:20 PM
Updated the list. :sunburn: Though I do have a couple of quick questions...

Arlette ... Do you know which DC costume you're planning on? Or is it a secret? :x
halafax ... I know it was a couple pages back -- but for those just joining in; there's no restraints or stipulations on whatever version of a character you want to do. Marvel Zombies, Ultimates, HUSH, Live Action Series/Movie, X, Golden/Silver Age, 2099, Infinite Crisis, Year One/One Year Later, Age of Apocalypse, Animated Series, etc... whichever, whatever. It's all good!
Zendragon ... To be honest, any of the costumes you've got would be great! You've got an impressive costume line-up thus far, and bringing friends along is always good. More the merrier, you know? But definitely drop a post here later with whatever confirmed/tentative MARVEL or DC character you and your friends(if possible, list their cosplay.com SN/nicknames for easier recognition than just "Zendragon's friend")would like to be.

Arlette
06-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Updated the list. :sunburn: Though I do have a couple of quick questions...

Arlette ... Do you know which DC costume you're planning on? Or is it a secret? :x

It's kind of a secret. ^_~ But it's gonna look really cool, and no one will be able to tell it's me. XD I highly doubt there will be any doubles of the character, as well.

I'm still trying to convince my husband to be Vigilante.

Mr. Freeze
06-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Mr. Freeze will make an appearance for the DC group.

makio
06-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Updated the list. Welcome aboard, Mr. Freeze!

Arlette ... I'll take your word for it and simply welcome the surprise. :bigtu:
As for your husband going as Vigilante -- if it helps coerce him into costuming as him; I'll drop Green Lantern to instead (re)make a HUSH costume - just so I can get a couple gunslinger duel-type pictures. Hell, there's usually a person dressed as the Punisher at D*con... we can add them too. Lol!

Names in italics are for those either uncertain or tentatively decided upon the character to cosplay. Here's the current list:
MARVEL Universe
Aufklarung ... Deadpool
buddhaful ... Black Cat
childdoll ... Majik
CloakedSchemer ... Gambit
Darkkyo ... Juggernaut
Darth Maru ... ???
Hiryuu ... Phoenix
Lafiel ... ???
mocha ... Psylocke
Morri ... Jean Grey
nachtinis ... Sabretooth
Onagro ... Magneto
R-chan ... Venom
spcbromley205- Mystique
Techie CL ... Chase
uchiha ... Gwen Stacy

DC Universe
Arlette ... ???
AshleyV ... Zatanna
Bevandera ... Robin
DalaiLiam ... Batman
Darth Maru ... ???
Dr.Noe ... Joker
Emily ... Ice
Kell ... Wonder Woman
Lafiel ... ???
Lily Rampant ... Fire
Mr. Freeze ... Mr. Freeze
Nevernaut ... Batman
Quinn ... Dawnstar
Raspberry Swirl ... DeeDee
Raspberry Swirl's friend ... DeeDee
Tenel Ka ... Poison Ivy
uchiha ... Jinx
vampirate ... Donna Troy

Arlette
06-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Updated the list. Welcome aboard, Mr. Freeze!

Arlette ... I'll take your word for it and simply welcome the surprise. :bigtu:
As for your husband going as Vigilante -- if it helps coerce him into costuming as him; I'll drop Green Lantern to instead (re)make a HUSH costume - just so I can get a couple gunslinger duel-type pictures. Hell, there's usually a person dressed as the Punisher at D*con... we can add them too. Lol!

Speaking of Punisher, DUH, the hubby will definitely have a Punisher costume. If I can't whine and cry enough to get him to be a DC person with me, I'm sure I can at least convince him to wear Punisher at the gathering.

Hiryuu
06-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I know you have Jean Grey, but do you mind a Pheonix coming in?

makio
06-14-2007, 08:19 PM
If you want to be Phoenix, go right ahead. :]

Hiryuu
06-15-2007, 08:52 AM
sweet, thanks ^^ sign me up then

Raspberry Swirl
06-15-2007, 12:50 PM
It all depends on when you guys are getting together. A friend of mine and I have DeeDee costumes from Batman Beyond planned for Saturday night.

AnaAesthetic
06-16-2007, 08:26 PM
It all depends on when you guys are getting together. A friend of mine and I have DeeDee costumes from Batman Beyond planned for Saturday night.

Yeah, you better be rockin some super hero action!

Elendriel
06-17-2007, 07:10 PM
add me in for the Uncanny x-men version of Gambit :D

AshleyV
06-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Put me down for Zatanna from the DC universe

Raspberry Swirl
06-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Yeah, you better be rockin some super hero action!

Awe, yeah, baby! I think Chris is a little sad I'm not bringing Zatanna this year, but there's just no time.

Digital Blush
06-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Add me in there as Gwen Stacy. ^_^

R-chan
06-23-2007, 04:48 PM
awesome! I'll have a Gwen to terrorize. Why'd you leave me for Parker?!

Manda
06-24-2007, 12:47 PM
Not quite sure what I'll be bringing. I've made 13 new costumes this year (deffinitely won't be bringing all of them), so I'll have to decide which to pack up. It's an even mix between Marvel and DC.

makio
06-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Updated list...!

Manda --- Hopefully after Metrocon(July 6-8), I'll finally have time to start work on my costume for the meet-up.
Well... once I decide what the hell to wear if I'm not GL. LOL! :crylaugh:

MARVEL Universe
Aufklarung ... Deadpool
buddhaful ... Black Cat
childdoll ... Majik
Darkkyo ... Juggernaut
Hiryuu ... Phoenix
Lafiel ... ???
mocha ... Psylocke
Morri ... Jean Grey
nachtinis ... Ghost Rider
Onagro ... Magneto
R-chan ... Venom
Raspberry Swirl's friend ... Wolverine
spcbromley205- Mystique
Techie CL ... Chase
uchiha ... Gwen Stacy

DC Universe
Arlette ... ???
AshleyV ... Zatanna
Bevandera ... Robin
DalaiLiam ... Batman
Dr.Noe ... Joker
Emily ... Ice
Kell ... Wonder Woman
Lafiel ... ???
Lily Rampant ... Fire
MakioTwist ... Hush
Nevernaut ... Batman
Quinn ... Dawnstar
Tenel Ka ... Poison Ivy
uchiha ... Jinx
vampirate ... Donna Troy

Darth Takeo
06-25-2007, 09:14 AM
awesome! I'll have a Gwen to terrorize. Why'd you leave me for Parker?!
...cuz Parker is da Spidah-Playah!
:rockon:

Makio - you can remove Darth Maru from the list(s).

nachtinis
06-25-2007, 09:02 PM
I notice a lack of wolverine's/logan's here...

The Kraken
06-26-2007, 02:55 AM
I CAN do Wolverine as I kinda look like him. But I'd rather do my comic Sabretooth. It's a new costume anyway and I've been itching to wear it. I may bring a Wolverine with me anyway, though...

makio
06-26-2007, 06:27 AM
-squints at list-
...I thought we had a Wolverine. Hm. Well, it's an option among many characters for anyone willing. Simply out of convenience(and comfort), I'm changing my character to HUSH (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hush_%28comics%29) instead.

The Kraken
06-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Ghost Rider! That should be badass!

Raspberry Swirl
06-26-2007, 04:22 PM
I know a friend of mine from Canada is doing a Wolverine this year - I'll try to drag him over to play with us!

The Kraken
06-27-2007, 02:39 AM
A Canadian Wolverine? How authentic!

makio
06-27-2007, 07:22 AM
Raspberry Swirl -- Awesome news to hear. :] If you get confirmation on that, definitely let us know.

I just ordered the calf-high boots for my costume, hopefully I'll get them in a week or two so I can get crackin' on finishing it all up. I also nudged a friend in thinking about joining up too, who could go as Hush instead. So it looks like I'm back to square one on my previous idea...

Loganallenwolf
06-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi,

This is my first post here. I'll be there as Hawkman! I may be able to get my twin brother to go as The Atom and his girlfriend to go as Star Sapphire or SpiderWoman.

Plus, there's a huge group of superheroes over at the League of Heroes already getting together- perhaps we can coordinate groups to have a Gigantic photoshoot? :rockon:

Allen

The Kraken
07-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Evil Twin! Welcome, my friend. Hey, are you and your brother going to end up doing Multiple Man at any point?

SSgt Burton
07-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Hey everyone,

My name's Kevin and I'm Raspberry Twist's friend the Canadian Wolverine.

I just put my civilian Logan costume together last Halloween and it will be my first D-Con with it.

Here's a couple of pics-

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/ssgtburton/Costumes/Logan006-1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/ssgtburton/Costumes/Logan001sm.jpg

It would be my pleasure to join the Marvel vs DC photoshoot. I've got a few other costumes on the go this year, but I'll definitely set aside time for this event!

Kevin

Loganallenwolf
07-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks! I don't think I'm going to have time to get to the Multiple Man costumes this year- but we'll see!

The Kraken
07-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Hey everyone,

My name's Kevin and I'm Raspberry Twist's friend the Canadian Wolverine.

I just put my civilian Logan costume together last Halloween and it will be my first D-Con with it.
It would be my pleasure to join the Marvel vs DC photoshoot. I've got a few other costumes on the go this year, but I'll definitely set aside time for this event!

Kevin

Dude! You ARE Wolverine! Awesome.

Allison
07-02-2007, 12:13 AM
I'll be going as Sakura from Street Fighter on Saturday. Is that when the gathering is going to take place?

The Kraken
07-02-2007, 02:00 AM
I think you're looking for the Marvel vs. Capcom photo shoot. That's the next hall over. Ha ha!

makio
07-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Sorry about the lag in updates, was away from things out of town. X_x For all the new folks just joining us, welcome aboard! Less than 60 days left until Dragon*con!

SSgt Burton -- Great look & costume! As you may have seen, we were talking about getting a Wolverine and you came up! Awesome.
Loganallenwolf -- Nice choices in costumes for yourself and crew! Let us know when possible what costume(s) your brother's g/f decides on.
Allison -- As The Kraken jokingly mentioned, this gathering is for MARVEL vs DC characters. However, if you'd like to get pictures with us, you're more than welcome! I'm a fan of the MvC series myself(even hosted a panel at MegaCon about it back in 2004), and wouldn't mind if you or anyone else decide to swing by for photos... of course, if you happen to have a MARVEL or DC costume, that's even better!
:bigtu:

MARVEL Universe
Apocalypse II ... Apocalypse
Aufklarung ... Deadpool
buddhaful ... Black Cat
childdoll ... Majik
Darkkyo ... Juggernaut
dollyrose ... Storm
Hiryuu ... Phoenix
Lafiel ... ???
Loganallenwolf's brother's g/f ... Spider Woman
mocha ... Psylocke
Morri ... Jean Grey
MOSHI ... Spider-Man
Onagro ... Magneto
PunisherNC ... Punisher
R-chan ... Venom
spcbromley205- Mystique
SSgt Burton ... Wolverine
Techie CL ... Chase
uchiha ... Gwen Stacy

DC Universe
Arlette ... ???
AshleyV ... Zatanna
Bevandera ... Robin
DalaiLiam ... Batman
Dr.Noe ... Joker
Emily ... Ice
Kell ... Wonder Woman
Lafiel ... ???
LadySkywalker ... SuperGirl
Lily Rampant ... Fire
Loganallenwolf ... Hawkman
Loganallenwolf's brother ... The Atom
Loganallenwolf's brother's g/f ... Star Sapphire
MOSHI ... Green Lantern Kyle Rayner
Nevernaut ... Batman
Quinn ... Dawnstar
Tenel Ka ... Poison Ivy
uchiha ... Jinx
vampirate ... Donna Troy

dollyrose
07-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Hello all.
I've done two different versions of Storm at conventions past.
I'm currently working on a new one for D*C, that I'd love to wear for the photo.

The Kraken
07-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Dolly! She's an awesome Storm. I've seen it!

Oh, and I LOVE Marvel Vs. Capcom, too. I was just messing with ya. Hell, if you want to take a picture, we can round up a Strider and we'd have a team. Berzerker claw!

MOSHI
07-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Sign me up for Movie Spiderman or Kyle Rayner

makio
07-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Done and done. :] Big welcome to everyone that's signed up thus far. Feel free to pass on the word.

MOSHI
07-03-2007, 07:13 AM
I did put it on our forum http://www.wolfpack-scifi.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=4 hope we can get some more in this shoot. Wow a lot of people so far.

MOSHI
07-03-2007, 07:15 AM

Oh, and I LOVE Marvel Vs. Capcom, too. I was just messing with ya. Hell, if you want to take a picture, we can round up a Strider and we'd have a team. Berzerker claw!
and no props here bro...that's right I don't have boobs lol

PunisherNC
07-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Odds are looking really good that I'll be there. Bringing
<= with me... just have the leg holsters to finish.

dollyrose
07-03-2007, 08:53 AM

Thanks!

makio
07-03-2007, 09:57 AM
The Kraken --- If I had time, I swear I'd bring a Strider Hien costume for one of the days at D*con. There's little-to-no Strider cosplay since Strider2 and MvC hype died down.

PunisherNC --- Very slick work on the costume thus far! Glad to have you with us!

...list updated! It's getting HUGE! This is going to be one hellova photoshoot/gathering! Keep in mind that the meet-up is still tentatively as follows:

Day: Saturday
Time: 4:00 PM

dollyrose
07-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Goddess knows I hope it stays at that particular time..
I'll have to take off and get ready for the Dawn contest right after that.(now if I could only figure out which one to do)

Lady Skywalker
07-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Hey, just came across this thread. I definately want in on this! I'll be wearing my Micheal Turner version Supergirl. Can't wait to meet more superheroes!!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t317/Lady_Skywalker13/Supergirl.jpg

Apocalypse II
07-04-2007, 05:34 AM
This is my first post on these forums.

I will be there as Apocalypse.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/858705/apoc.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/jeff_stine

makio
07-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Lady Skywalker / Apocalypse II ... Awesome! Glad to have you added to our photosession. We're really building up to nearly an army's worth of cosplayers here!

...Feel free to post progress pictures(or better yet, links to them)on this thread when time permits, everyone!

Lady Skywalker
07-05-2007, 12:11 AM
My friend Bryan wants to be there as well, most likely as Smallville Clark Kent. If not that then he may be Superman. But if he is going to be Clark (which is more likely) then I'll be Lois Lane form Smallville.

makio
07-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Lady Skywalker --- Thanks for the heads up. :]

MARVEL Universe
Apocalypse II ... Apocalypse
Aufklarung ... Deadpool
buddhaful ... Black Cat
childdoll ... Majik
Darkkyo ... Juggernaut
dollyrose ... Storm
Hiryuu ... Phoenix
Lafiel ... ???
Loganallenwolf's brother's g/f ... Spider Woman
mocha ... Psylocke
Morri ... Jean Grey
MOSHI ... Spider-Man
Onagro ... Magneto
PunisherNC ... Punisher
R-chan ... Venom
spcbromley205 ... Mystique
spcbromley205's husband ... Captain America
SSgt Burton ... Wolverine
Techie CL ... Chase
uchiha ... Gwen Stacy

DC Universe
Arlette ... ???
AshleyV ... Zatanna
Bevandera ... Robin
Bryan ... Clark Kent/Superman
DalaiLiam ... Batman
Dr.Noe ... Joker
Emily ... Ice
Kell ... Wonder Woman
Lafiel ... ???
LadySkywalker ... SuperGirl, Lois Lane
Lily Rampant ... Fire
Loganallenwolf ... Hawkman
Loganallenwolf's brother ... The Atom
Loganallenwolf's brother's g/f ... Star Sapphire
MOSHI ... Green Lantern Kyle Rayner
Nevernaut ... Batman
Quinn ... Dawnstar
Tenel Ka ... Poison Ivy
uchiha ... Jinx
vampirate ... Donna Troy

LilyRampant
07-05-2007, 05:39 PM
My friend Bryan wants to be there as well, most likely as Smallville Clark Kent. If not that then he may be Superman. But if he is going to be Clark (which is more likely) then I'll be Lois Lane form Smallville.

very cool. my boyfriend will also be doing Green Arrow ala Smallville. well have to see if we can run into each other

Lady Skywalker
07-05-2007, 09:45 PM
very cool. my boyfriend will also be doing Green Arrow ala Smallville. well have to see if we can run into each other

Omg, that would be amazing! We'll have to get a group pic or something!

Savage
07-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Depending on the time of the photo shoot I can do either Wolverine or Spiderman.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/predator314/Costumes/Wolverine006.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/predator314/Costumes/MySpidermansuit009.jpg

Lady Skywalker
07-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Whoa! Your Wolverine is awsome!!!

The Kraken
07-09-2007, 11:44 PM
I am pleased to announce that I just commissioned a TOTALLY kickass Sabretooth costume that trumps my other one. This one will look GREAT! You guys are going to love it...

Hotaru230
07-10-2007, 09:26 AM
what versions are the people who are doing Rouge and Mysticque doing?
and is anyone doing Raven from Teen Titians?

makio
07-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Savage --- Either one(...or both!)would be a great addition to the big list we've got thus far!
The Kraken --- Kick ass! Can't wait to see it! Especially since we might have two Wolverines among us instead of one!
Hotaru230 --- Glancing back a couple of pages, I don't think either cosplayer specified the exact version. But I would check the current list and PM those cosplayers about it to be certain.

For Everyone:
MARVEL vs DC Gathering & Photoshoot
Saturday, September 1st, 2007
1600-1630PM start/meet time @ Atlanta Marriott Marquis Patio
(...easier to remember for those also attending the FF/KH gathering the next day)

LilyRampant
07-10-2007, 04:36 PM
oooh we will not be able to make it...

Didnt realize it was quite so late in the day.

We do the Dawn pre-contest lunch/dinner at 3 and then start the few hours of prep for the contest!

Sorry about that!

MOSHI
07-10-2007, 08:40 PM
I am pleased to announce that I just commissioned a TOTALLY kickass Sabretooth costume that trumps my other one. This one will look GREAT! You guys are going to love it...
yes we will...your going to pull it off great

I still can not decide...
Batman, Spiderman or Kyle Rayner for the shoot

Lady Skywalker
07-10-2007, 10:31 PM
yes we will...your going to pull it off great

I still can not decide...
Batman, Spiderman or Kyle Rayner for the shoot

OOO, just list to choose from. I think I'd go with something that won't be represented. I don't think that I saw a Kyle on the list, maybe you should go as him.

makio
07-10-2007, 10:43 PM
LilyRampant --- It's just a proposed time, if there's a conflict with other events or whatnot... anyone and everyone, please feel free to suggest either another day or time. I just figured with as many people that we've amassed thus far, Saturday might be best. Just wasn't sure of an exact time... :sunburn:

MOSHI --- Depending on what version of Kyle you end up making/bringing(I think you mentioned his Green Lantern suit before); I'd say go with that.

The Kraken
07-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah, come on, Moshi. You've got the ring and all that good shit.

Hotaru230
07-11-2007, 02:26 PM
now i'm looking at maybe doing Harley Quinn. i know there are already like 2 people doing that but i plan on making up a version of her based on fan art or doing her alis. if i do her alis from the animated series will that be recognizable enough???

the person i'm going to the con with is planing on doing the Red Hood Jason Todd and i wanted to try to do something that would match up with him.

any suggestions welcome!

vampirate
07-11-2007, 02:56 PM
MakioTwist: I'm fine with our time, but I would suggest that if we need to change anything we just move the meeting time up a bit. Then everyone who is busy that night could still stop by for a little while hopefully. Personally I have a shoot at 1 Saturday afternoon, so anytime after 2 is fine for me.

MOSHI
07-16-2007, 07:16 PM
oK put me down for Kyle Rayner

BelleChere
07-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Heyya all!

Just got notified of this thread via the X-Men Cosplay Board. So far I hear the tentative date as being Saturday. That'll be my Black Cat day...though it's /also/ Dawn, of course, so...My vote is for earlier in the day, maybe?

If it's another day, well, I'll be doing Marvel all weekend. XD

Friday: Rogue (current green & white) and Phoenix...with my husband as Mister Sinister
Saturday: Black Cat
Sunday: Xtreme Rogue...with my husband's Xtreme Gambit
Monday: Siryn (perhaps)...with my husband's Multiple-Man

I just uploaded my Black Cat and Phoenix pics, too! Feel free to take a gander, and really looking forward to this! :D

Hollis DZC
07-18-2007, 10:09 AM
VERRRRRY cool idea! I've got a darn nice Captain America and a Batman outfits. I'll post pics soon on the gallery. Is there room for more than one of the above heroes?

Hollis DZC
07-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Here's my Cap-

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-11/63941/MayfairCapfullshot.jpg

Close up-

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-11/63941/MayfairCapcloseup.jpg

My "Dead End" Batman-

Close up- Sorry for the gigantic pic!! I'll have to get that resized...

At DCon-

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-11/63941/BatmanandRobin.jpg

Hollis DZC
07-18-2007, 10:26 AM
OMG!! Thought that was resized!!! Sooooorrrrrrryyyy!! Talk about embarrassing...

Darth Takeo
07-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Can you enlarge the Batman image? It's a little bit too tiny to make out.

The Kraken
07-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Ha ha! That's a pretty sweet Batman.

TheShadow1073
07-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Count me in as the golden age Dr. Midnite!

Loganallenwolf
07-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Got another to join from the League of Heroes- my buddy TJ will be the most awesome Daredevil you've ever seen.

So to recap:

Me- Hawkman
My twin brother- Quicksilver
My twin brother's girlfriend- Star Sapphire (JLU style)
TJ- Daredevil

BelleChere
07-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Got another to join from the League of Heroes- my buddy TJ will be the most awesome Daredevil you've ever seen.

Here, here to that! He's always seemed like a good guy, not knowing him personally. Cool that he'll be there!

Samus Aran
07-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Hey, sugah!
Room for another Rogue? TAS Classic Rogue, perhaps?

Darth Takeo
07-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Hey, sugah!
Room for another Rogue? TAS Classic Rogue, perhaps?
Yes.

Be there.

Knightfall
07-23-2007, 11:58 PM
If I can find my way around, you can count me in as Cyclops.

MOSHI
07-25-2007, 03:47 PM
How about 1:00? MAYBE 2:00...quite a few of us have the parade to do on Saturday..then get a bite to eat and a couple of beers.

Loganallenwolf
07-25-2007, 08:36 PM
I'll be in the parade that morning too. Anywhere from 1-4 would work for me. I'd hate for some of our ladies to miss the shoot due to the Dawn contest.

Quinn
07-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Savage --- Either one(...or both!)would be a great addition to the big list we've got thus far!
The Kraken --- Kick ass! Can't wait to see it! Especially since we might have two Wolverines among us instead of one!
Hotaru230 --- Glancing back a couple of pages, I don't think either cosplayer specified the exact version. But I would check the current list and PM those cosplayers about it to be certain.

For Everyone:
MARVEL vs DC Gathering & Photoshoot
Saturday, September 1st, 2007
1600-1630PM start/meet time @ Atlanta Marriott Marquis Patio
(...easier to remember for those also attending the FF/KH gathering the next day)

The meeting is still at 4 or 430 Saturday right? Or has that changed as I am reading from the responses above??

makio
07-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Well, considering it's going to be an amazing feat if I can get there(yay work #_#), I'm still open to any and all suggestion on a start time. Though taking into consideration that Dawn contest... perhaps 2PM would be a better meet up time @ Atlanta Marriott Marquis Patio?

Quinn
07-26-2007, 02:22 PM
I vote for that (2pm), that way its after the parade and gives us time to chnge etc.

dollyrose
07-26-2007, 03:56 PM
2pm sounds good to me too..(Dawn contest, as well)

dollyrose
07-26-2007, 03:56 PM
More specifically: 2pm sounds better..lol

LilyRampant
07-26-2007, 04:50 PM
2 pm works for us!

and should leave enough time for parade folk to go back to their rooms and cool off a bit from the heat :)

Lady Skywalker
07-26-2007, 11:04 PM
I like 2 pm. Where is the patio in the Marroitt? I've stayed there last year. Is that the garden level or something?

vampirate
07-26-2007, 11:13 PM
I like 2 pm. Where is the patio in the Marroitt? I've stayed there last year. Is that the garden level or something?

It's at the back of the level with the check-in desks.

BelleChere
07-27-2007, 01:06 AM
Here's another vote for 2 pm!

Though I'm not sure about whether or not I'll be in the parade, I know I'm a go for the Dawn contest...which does require at least an hour of pampering beforehand. ;)

Star
07-27-2007, 10:45 AM
My best friend and I will be attending as the White Queen and the Scarlet Witch for the Marvel side. Can we play too?

Lady Skywalker
07-28-2007, 10:16 PM
It's at the back of the level with the check-in desks.

Thanks! :rockon:

NiceGai44
07-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Hopefully I can represent nightcrawler for the Marvel!

kelldar
07-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Won't be able to make it at 2... I think right now the Slave Leia group pic is scheduled for 2:30 that day. I might be able to change pretty quickly but not that quickly! LOL

Arlette
07-30-2007, 09:38 AM
[snip]

MOSHI
07-30-2007, 11:28 AM
2-2:30 Works For Me

Lady Skywalker
07-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Oh no! I didn;t realize that the slave leia photo shoot was at that time!! The superhero shoot is a higher priority, but I wish I didn;t have to miss it :(

Sarisa
07-31-2007, 02:36 AM
Hi! My friends and I will be reprising our Runaways girlsquad: Karolina, Gert + Old Lace, Molly, and myself as Nico-- basically, the same set here (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=52761&member=8785), ahaha, with an added Lillie from the new story arc.

... however, I know we are doing another set of costumes (Doctor Who) for the parade, and while the rest of us can quickchange, our Karolina might not be able (or want to, depending on group consensus). Still, we'll manage something!

ErinTheHalfABee
07-31-2007, 10:40 AM
My Harley Quinn costume is almost done! I am super excited as D*C draws near. I think I'm going to be DC for the photoshoot, as I'm not planning on taking Rogue with me to the con...I might pack it as a last minute option. My Rogue costume is very...hot. Which is not good for warm, summery Atlanta.

TheWickedOne
07-31-2007, 01:03 PM
i'm trying to put together a scarecrow costume. but not from the movie. kind of a conglamoration of of the comics and cartoon. trying to make it mine, simple but effective and hopefully a little striking

R-chan
07-31-2007, 06:06 PM
My Rogue costume is very...hot. Which is not good for warm, summery Atlanta.[/QUOTE]
Amen to that. I'm close to finishing venom. And all I can hope is that I don't die of a heatstroke in it.

The Kraken
08-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Sabretooth is coming along. Once the sleeves and mane are in, it should be done! Here's a sneak peek...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1021/977256017_1f82d3c169.jpg

TechieCL
08-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi! My friends and I will be reprising our Runaways girlsquad: Karolina, Gert + Old Lace, Molly, and myself as Nico-- basically, the same set here (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=52761&member=8785), ahaha, with an added Lillie from the new story arc.

... however, I know we are doing another set of costumes (Doctor Who) for the parade, and while the rest of us can quickchange, our Karolina might not be able (or want to, depending on group consensus). Still, we'll manage something!

w00t! Fellow Runaways. I was bummed that I missed ya'll last year. Now if only a Victor can manage to show up...

vampirate
08-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Sabretooth is coming along. Once the sleeves and mane are in, it should be done! Here's a sneak peek...

Oh, looking badass so far!

The Kraken
08-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks! I can't wait for this all to be done. I'm finishing up three costumes at once. I'm like that person in the circus that spins the plates on the poles and just has to keep them all going or they'll fall. Anyone else stressing out and trying to finish crap up last minute?!

MOSHI
08-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Thanks! I can't wait for this all to be done. I'm finishing up three costumes at once. I'm like that person in the circus that spins the plates on the poles and just has to keep them all going or they'll fall. Anyone else stressing out and trying to finish crap up last minute?!
ME:rockon:

vampirate
08-02-2007, 09:23 AM
I don't feel like I'm doing too bad. My Donna wig is on the way, and I've got a pattern made for her boot covers. So really I just need to make her accessories. I've got all the materials, except maybe some paint for her buckle.

And I've got the major things done on my other costumes too. So I feel like I'm doing better than normal with just a month left.

dollyrose
08-02-2007, 12:53 PM

Me too.

The Kraken
08-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Well, I've dropped one of my costumes that I've already put a lot of work into, so I'm not AS stressed. Good thing I've got this mutant healing factor... of course, there's that blood rage...

Katie
08-04-2007, 12:53 AM
So what's the word? 2 or 4 pm? Can OP please update the first post, rather than continuing to update info throughout the pages? It makes life easier for newcomers to this thread. ^^ I'm glad it's in the afternoon, so I can change into a different costume later that night. I'll be wearing a Starfire, and since I have a Blackfire, (ExAstra) I'll probably be dragging her along, too. Hey, what are sisters for? ;D

Loganallenwolf
08-04-2007, 08:32 PM
In case anybody else is interested, The League of Heroes is in the process of putting together several other photoshoots- The GL Corps, Justice Society of America, Mass-Spider-Man shoot, and The Watchmen. If you or someone you know might be interested, check out :chatah:

http://p072.ezboard.com/btheleagueofheroes

Hotaru230
08-07-2007, 10:29 AM
i'm working on my Lady Shiva!
i just got the leather trench yesterday and i already have the top.
i just need to find the right pants, work on altering the top, and get the shoes and gloves.

dollyrose
08-07-2007, 10:33 AM
I have a friend who may make an appearance as Rogue(which version I'm not sure of).

Fyrebyrne
08-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I'll be bringing my Red Hood (Jason Todd version) with me to Dragon*Con for this photoshoot.

Loganallenwolf
08-07-2007, 07:15 PM
One quick change Makio Twist: My brother will probably be The Atom for the photoshoot instead of Quicksilver.

I will still be Hawkman and his girlfriend is still undecided between Spider-Woman and Star Sapphire.

The Kraken
08-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Will your brother still be busting out Quicksilver at any point? I'd love to get a Brotherhood of Evil Mutants shot.

kelldar
08-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Sweet, the Slave Leia shoot got moved to 3 - so 2pm works nicely now :) Just means changing in the bathroom! LOL

Lumiya
08-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Hi, I'm dolly's friend. Count me in for the Evolution cartoon version of Rogue.

Loganallenwolf
08-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Will your brother still be busting out Quicksilver at any point? I'd love to get a Brotherhood of Evil Mutants shot.

Oh definitely, I should have THREE Quicksilver costumes for this con; so he could be the old style costume with stand-up collar, or the green or the blue Marvel Legends style Quicksilver costumes. I'm still waiting on some fabric, the green suit, and the white wig.

Any other Brotherhood of Evil Mutants out there?