PDA

View Full Version : Doujin/prints/ect naughtiness

Widow
04-08-2003, 06:16 AM
Quick questions:

1. Do you go to Ycon with the intention of picking up doujin? (Come on, fess up.)

2. Do you go to Ycon with the intention of browsing the American doujin, or do you mainly stick to foriegn books?

3. If you attended in the past, did you buy any of either of the above?

4. And if you do attend with the intention of purchasing said goods, what do you look for in:
A. pairings?
B. genre?
C. art style?
D. anime/manga series?

I know a handful of artists who are going this year, and everyone's curious about what everyone else wants to see this time around. So what's on your wishlist?

Karisu-sama
04-08-2003, 06:19 PM
1. It's one reason, but I have to say Fanime has been the best source of doujinshi for me so far. I bought NOTHING in the Y-con dealers room last year - didn't find what I wanted.

2. I'm looking for particular series-related doujin, so I'm generally looking at the Japanese ones.

3. Answer #1 answered it.

4. Primary = D & A. Secondary = C (I like certain art styles better than others. I'm not a shoujo-flowery-art fan.) B? I'm not sure what you mean by "genre" here...

5. Wishlist: I'll Private Message you on that. ;)

Widow
04-08-2003, 06:42 PM
^_^ By genre, I mean...well, I guess the best way is to make an example! Most Doujin are either PWP, angst (blood, tears!), sugar, spoof/humor, or or just random little skits with pages of spiffy art thrown in. When you snag a doujin and you REALLY like it...what about gives it that score in your eyes?

Personally, I'm a fiend for neat-looking art. It doesn't have to mime the style of the original creator, but it has to be decent. I'm also a fiend for originality...if all I had was a stack of decent to fairly drawn PWP doujin, I'd be pretty bored. And of course, everyone has their favourite pairings or series.

Karisu-sama
04-09-2003, 05:05 AM
I prefer plot and original story, from PG up to very NC-17. (I'm old enough for this! :p ) I'm not a PWP fan in general, but i suppose one should never say never...

Angst and Humor are both appealing in their different ways. Sugar... haven't seen much of that in my favorite series-doujin, actually.

Well-done art means a lot to me, too. ^^

aonceu
04-10-2003, 04:19 AM
What the hells PWP?

Widow
04-10-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by aonceu
Umm.. Whats PWP?

As for me, i plan on picking up some doujinshis at Yaoi-con...if i find some that i like. Im obsessed with FF8, so im mostly looking for that. Im hoping to find some by Crushers. Beautiful art!! But really, anything that catches my eye. I cant read Japanese but i love art. So anything cool looking i guess.

I dont really know what to expect. This will be my first time going to Yaoi-con. I cant wait!! =)

PWP stand for Plot-what-plot. As in...here's 28 pages of pretty men doing naughty things to each other, pls enjoy the art, ect. ;D

Is Crushers the name of a doujin circle? It sounds familiar.

aonceu
04-10-2003, 04:32 AM
What exactly is a circle?

Widow
04-10-2003, 04:35 AM
No problem! ^_^ A doujin 'circle' is just another term for a studio or a group of artists and writers who publish doujin. Some people have their favourite circles--like your Crushers group. That's all! :D

aonceu
04-10-2003, 04:48 AM
Alright, thats what i thought. Thanks

Widow
04-10-2003, 07:54 PM
^_^ Absolutely.

ElleHazard
04-10-2003, 08:30 PM
Hmm... I usually like PWP things in art and writing, but I don't look for it too much in doujinshi. Mostly because man-bits tend to get edited out in the most silly ways... then it's just funny =P

Since I'm a GW Yaoi fan, I tend to like the Heero & Duo coupling (even more when Heero is uke.)
Because of that, one of my favorite circles is Atumianikies... but I'm not sure how much variety in doujin Y-con will have, so I'll just pick up what catches my eye. I usually look for pretty things. ^^

jen_kat
04-10-2003, 10:09 PM
1. 50% sure that I can go... ^^;; I would probably browse and see if something catches my eyes. I'm not sure what to expect of Yaoi-con until I actually go...

2. Are there many American doujinshi out there? I haven't seen many at all. I know that I contributed to one in a circle I was in. Where could I find out more about American circles and their doujinshi? As you see me asking this, you know that I haven't collected American doujinshi... meaning I normally collect the foreign (Japanese) ones.

3. Haven't attended, so can't answer. ^^V

4. I hope that there will be some KH doujinshi. I haven't seen anything online. T_T I prefer Riku x Sora. PWP would be okay, but I prefer doujinshi that normally carries on a good plot. Most of the doujinshi I own also follows along that line. Gravi doujinshi would be good too. ^^ Shuichi. ::huggles:: As I said before, I look out for good artwork. But if the storyline is extraordinarily good and the artwork isn't, I'd still get it.

The doujinshi that I've previously gotten have been CCS, FF8, and GW. All of them are normal, no yaoi/yuri, except for one GW one, "Nightwalker." But then again, it was only implied stuff. That's because before, I wasn't 18 yet, so the only kind I could get was the normal ones. ^^;; I probably wouldn't look for yaoi doujinshi from these series though.

Originally posted by Widow
So what's on your wishlist?
KH, Gravi.... Song of the Wind and Trees ^^;; (but really, I just need the last two volumes of the manga...)