PDA

View Full Version : Aeris Gainsborough......

Forsythia
04-08-2003, 11:59 AM
I was just wondering if ANYONE could give me some tips on how to make Aeris' sleeve cuffs, and her gold bangles on her wrists.... A couple of ideas crossed my mind, but I'm not exactly sure if they'd work out okay or not..... I'd greatly appreciate anybody's ideas... thanks. ^_^

Mizuho
04-08-2003, 01:28 PM
*Cracks knuckles*

Okay. I have one idea that might work for sleeve cuffs (it's what I did!)

You buy one of those belts with the studded holes....

Cut it into two strips, about 11" long each.

Buy some bradleys (you know, those brass pin things you used in elementary school). Use a hot-glue-gun to glue a bradley into each hole. Make sure they fit!

Let the bradleys dry.

Fashion each strip into a ring. Glue the ends together with industrial strength craft adhesive, and tie a string around the ring to hold it for 24 hours.

The next day, cut four thin (about 1 cm wide) strips out of craft foam. Make sure they're long enough to fit around the ring. These will be those "ridges" on the top and bottom of the sleeve ring.

Glue them on with some hot glue, or that craft adhesive.

After you let it dry, spraypaint the whole thing with primer, and then some silver spraypaint.

Here are how mine turned out:

http://aniphelia.net/sara/cosplay/aeriscosplay008.jpg

I'm still not sure myself about wrist cuffs. My father made mine, and he has special wood-working equipment that he made them with.... If I ever find another way, I'll be happy to post it! Hope this helps a little!

Forsythia
04-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Ohhhh! Yeah, that's a REALLY good idea. o_o I'm for sure going to try that! And yours came out looking really, really nice. Hopefully mine will come out like that. XD

Thank you. ^__^ *Glomp!*

Hmm... now.. *Thinks about what she can do about the bangles.* @_@

Tifa Lockheart
04-08-2003, 02:03 PM
Hey guys..I'm having trouble styling my bangs like Aeris, could you give me some pointers?

Forsythia
04-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Well....what I do, is hold my hair up, spray it like mad with Aeris-all (haha *snort.*) .....with some aeresol hairspray, like Aquanet, and blowdry it to where I want it, and mold it with my hands a bit. Then I take my curling iron, and pinch the tops of my hair where I want my points. ^^ Hope that helps.

soshi
04-08-2003, 05:12 PM
I think the pointy hair look a lot of FF7 cosplayers do is irritating... it looks tacky. especially for Aerith and Sephiroth, just large waves will suffice! actually making your hair stick out and then bending it at a severe angle is just... not attractive.

about the cuffs.. I have no idea, sorry. ^^;

Collie
04-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by soshi
I think the pointy hair look a lot of FF7 cosplayers do is irritating... it looks tacky. especially for Aerith and Sephiroth, just large waves will suffice! actually making your hair stick out and then bending it at a severe angle is just... not attractive.

about the cuffs.. I have no idea, sorry. ^^;

It may look "tacky" to some people, but it's accurate IMHO. People will do what they like and if someone doesn't like it, they don't have to look at it OR do it with their Aerith costume. People will do what they please, and I DO say, DO WHAT YOU PLEASE people. If everyone did their hair the SAME there would be little diversity. I like seeing all the different ways people do something, whether it be hair styles, armor, or a simple fold in something. It's almost unique....it gives a special quality to THAT person's costume.
~*~Collie~*~

Limeyaku
04-08-2003, 06:06 PM
it looks tacky straight up, pointed and then straight down, yes.

more and more aeris cosplayers now are making it swoosh up, curve and swoosh down into curled tendrils which imho looks accurate AND very pretty. ( Aeris and Sizer do it best tht ive seen. ) *0* you guys are the best aeris'. *_____*

Tifa Lockheart
04-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Thanks Sizer! That helped..it worked for me ^_^

Forsythia
04-08-2003, 07:02 PM
You're welcome, Tifa! I'm glad to help out. ^^

And thanks Limeyaku, that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! XD

=)

soshi
04-08-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Limeyaku
it looks tacky straight up, pointed and then straight down, yes.

more and more aeris cosplayers now are making it swoosh up, curve and swoosh down into curled tendrils which imho looks accurate AND very pretty. ( Aeris and Sizer do it best tht ive seen. ) *0* you guys are the best aeris'. *_____*

yeah, I agree. I wasn't picking at Sizer's costume/hair.

no need to get all riled up, Collie. heh.

Forsythia
04-08-2003, 08:46 PM
It's alright, I mean, everyone is entitled to their own opinion....

So...umm, how about them bangles???? =B

XD

Collie
04-08-2003, 10:18 PM
Mine are made from wood. ^^;; Sorry that's not much help though.
~*~Collie~*~

Forsythia
04-08-2003, 11:05 PM
No, it's okie! Every suggestion helps. I wish I were more crafty. Lol. -.-;

Collie
04-09-2003, 12:31 AM
http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/detail.asp?costumeid=4121

That's how my Aerith costume turned out. @@ The weapon and Armor are wood. XD;;; I wish mine would have turned out a little better though. And......and......dang my hair. XD I had to rubberband it because I got sticky using.... that ICE crap. -___-;
~*~Collie~*~

Forsythia
04-09-2003, 12:36 AM
Ohhh, they came out really nice! I think my biggest problem, with the bangles, is getting them on my wrists...@.@ Were you able to just slip them on? Or did you have some kind of clasp on the inside of them??

Collie
04-09-2003, 12:40 AM
I made mine JUST big enough to fit over my wrist but not SLIP off when I was standing around. I'm probably not the best person to ask though. ;----;
~*~Collie~*~

Forsythia
04-09-2003, 12:43 AM
Nooooo! Don't think like that! oo! Your costume looks really good, I like how your armor came out. ^^ You've been very helpful. =3

Mizuho
04-09-2003, 03:06 AM
Collie, you look so cute in your costume. For some reason, your dress and boots remind me of the Aeris plushie ;__;

Sizer-- my wrist cuff thingies are two parts, and they're held together by rubber bands that are in the grooves. (My dad thought of that ingenious bit! I never would have thought of that on my own! *_* )

Forsythia
04-09-2003, 10:49 AM
That's a really good idea! Hmmmm... *Nod, nod.* ^^ Thanks! And thanks to your dad as well! X3

silentshadow31
04-12-2003, 11:17 PM
Well...one way to make pretty good armbands is to take some cheap cookie sheets, the disposable kind, and cut wide rectangular strips out of them. Fold the edges in toward the side of the armbands that will be facing out, then punch holes down the length of the strips with an industrial-strength paper holepunch. Buy some round-ended, short-stemmed bolts at the hardware store--they only cost about 6 cents each--and plug them through the holes, fixing them there with nuts. Then staple the whole shebang into a ring. ^_^ Instant metallic-ness, and the bolts look really nice...though it's good to remember to line it with something soft, or the bolt-ends will chafe your skin...