PDA

View Full Version : Sakura Con Cosplay Ideas

dogbrainv
02-26-2007, 02:38 AM
So, I will be working at Sakura Con and I haven't ever cosplay before. While I have wanted to I never know what to go as. So I am taking Ideas: The only issue is I am a larger guy. So if you know of any good characters that are more suited for a bigger frame let me know...

Stats:
5"11
Neck: 19 1/2 inches
chest: ~52 inches
Waist ~48

I am like a cone or a square, I am about the same width from top to bottom :)

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/dogbrainv/CIMG2351-1.jpg

This should give you Idea what Anime characters I might look like, Good luck.

RikoBurandetsu
02-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Hmm... Do you watch Bleach? You might have fun doing Zaraki Kenpachi (http://www.bleachexile.com/images/wallpapers/kenpachiWP%20(Brandon%20Rush).jpg). Not only is he a hilariously awesome character, he's on the larger side. There's also Sarutobi Asuma (http://sasukeuchiwa666.blog.jeuxvideo.com/images/mn/1123843306.jpg) from Naruto. I'm trying to think of someone from a less common anime, but I can't think of anyone off the top of my head. I'll edit this post if I remember any. ^_^

Heat
02-26-2007, 02:10 PM
So your looking for an Anime character to cosplay as? What animes have you seen? We can narrow ideas down by choosing a character from an anime you like and enjoy...It's more fun then cosplaying a character you know little to nothing about ^_^

Usachan
02-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Have you seen FMA? The character Armstrong comes to mind. He's a bit
on the larger size and also has rather large muscles, lol. Maybe Mario from
Super Mario Bros. If I should come up with more idea's between now and
later on today or whenever, I'll be sure to post them on here. Good luck! ^-^

dogbrainv
02-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Have you seen FMA? The character Armstrong comes to mind. Maybe Mario from Super Mario Bros. ^-^

Those are some great Ideas, Also liked Sarutobi Asuma... Sarutobi Asuma and Armstrong outfits can be bought, which is a plus because I can't sew. Being a clasic video gamer, the idea of mario brings a warm fuzzy feeling to my heart.

To answer the other question. I watch a wide range of animes, but some of my favorite characters would be hard to pull off.

Keep the ideas coming... so far i think its between Sarutobi Asuma and armstrong. But feel free to get creative, my first idea was to come as Strong Bad. lol

Usachan
02-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Glad to had been able to help out a bit. Oh! I would love to see you pull off
someone from Homestar Runner. I've seen a Strong Bad before and a plushie
of The Cheat. But I've never seen anyone do one during all the times that I've
been to Sakuracon. I could see you do that :) I wish the creators of Homestar
Runner would come to an anime convention, have you been to Sakuracon before?

dogbrainv
02-27-2007, 02:30 AM
No this will be my first Con. I have wanted to go to anime/comic Cons before but I am always broke. The only reason I get to go to this one is I am working at a booth

Usachan
02-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Very cool! ^-^ You'll really enjoy yourself at Sakuracon. This is my 3rd
time attending. I've been going to Sakuracon since 2005. Ooo you have
a booth? what type of things are you selling? I'll definitely have to drop by

dogbrainv
02-28-2007, 12:35 PM
I will be working at a booth called "Anime Pavilion" I guess its been there at the last few Sakuracon so maybe you have heard of it..

Usachan
02-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Actually no I haven't. What type of stuff will I be able to find at this booth
that would interest me? I will do my best to stop by your booth and say hi

dogbrainv
03-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Well, I am not sure what we sell. I assume Anime... And i guess it all depends on what interest you, if we carry that... if its anime that interest you, I am sure we will have it, but if its knitting or shark diving, I dont think we will have that stuff, lol but you never know

Usachan
03-01-2007, 11:53 AM
*laughs* Thanks! bytheway have you come up with a decision of what you
plan on cosplaying as yet? I still have to decide whether or not I plan to do
something on the back of my blouse or not. Anyway I'll be looking at a lot of
booths while at Sakuracon. Will you be in the Artist Alley or in the Dealer's Room?

dogbrainv
03-01-2007, 09:12 PM
its now between Maes Hughes and Alex Louis Armstrong... my hair has grown out a lot since the picture so i could come it like hughs, I wear glasses, and I can shave a 5 o clock shadow.. but I think it would be fun to cut the curl thing into my have and grow a big stash... I am getting my outfit from http://www.qqcosplay.com/Costume.htm and there isnt a huge difference between the outfits so I can change my mind up into I cut my hair off, lol...

As for the booth I am not sure if I will be in the Dealer's Room or not, but that sounds like were we would be...

I hope to see you there...

dogbrainv
03-06-2007, 02:59 AM
I bought my outfit today so it should be here in time, I will eithe be hughes or armstrong. I am going to just let my hair and beard grow out and then I will decided for sure by the time lol.. maybe even Jean Havoc.... the outfits are all the same for the most part I can change them a little for either person.... sorry it took so long for me to answer you Usachan, I have been sick and I am signing for for my student teachering so I can finish school

Usachan
03-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Sorry to hear you've been sick, I hope I don't get sick during the con myself
I've been very healthy for 2 months now. Can't wait to see your costume ^-^

I'll probably find you somewhere in the dealer's room, I've been thinking of
trying to arrange a Cosplay.com gathering like Gaia Online has, however I
wasn't thinking much in the way of what to do except meet people. But I
would not mind idea's/suggestions. 30 more days and I'm SOO psyched now!