PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Marriott?

XoPinkuSpiderxo
02-26-2007, 07:59 PM
I was wondering if any of you stayed in the Richmond Marriott the previous year? I'm staying in it this year and went to their official website but the only picture I could find was of the bedding >.> they had a large list of amenities, but no details on room layout or size.

Does anyone know how big the standard guest room is or their layouts?

EDIT: Or if it has an indoor pool?

Lumasnati
02-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Okay. Here. I'll help with this. The Marriot is connected to the convention center. ^__^ The rooms aren't very big but can fit between 5 and 10 people comfortablly... [Don't go over it...]

Also.. I have no idea about a pool, but unless you're 18, I don't think they'll let you out of the hotel or anywhere near that kind of stuff without an adult with you.

XoPinkuSpiderxo
02-27-2007, 05:59 AM
Thanks ^_^ I'm staying there with 4 other people, totalling 5 and I wanted to know. Thankyou again!

AgentOS
03-12-2007, 11:05 AM
I am posting to confirm what was said about the hotel. The room will fit 5 people no problem. with one or 2 on the floor. They are pretty nice and the hotel is connected to the convention center which is quite handy.

Kaoshima
03-12-2007, 04:57 PM
No there's no pool, and yes, they will let you wander around if you're under 18. You just can't be wandering around the Convention Center after 11:30 if you're under 18. You have to be back at your hotel before then. Curfew laws, nothin' anybody can do about 'em.

madamevasquez
03-12-2007, 10:43 PM
uh, i'm pretty sure there's an indoor pool at the marriott. it's up some levels and closes at 11pm, and you need your room key to get into it.

but, i know it's there, we swam in it last year.

GeneStarwind211
03-12-2007, 11:53 PM
If I'm not mistaken I thought they lifted the curfew law for the convention center last year. At least that what was some of the confusion. I'll post back once I hear more from the con chair. I'm staff this year at the con.

Wakusei
03-16-2007, 12:19 PM
If I'm not mistaken I thought they lifted the curfew law for the convention center last year. At least that what was some of the confusion. I'll post back once I hear more from the con chair. I'm staff this year at the con.

Nope. Not that I saw. They were checking ID's the entirety of the con. Made alot of folks mad.
Well...
Not me. One of the only perks of being over 21, if you're not a drunk.:cheers:

Lumasnati
03-16-2007, 12:39 PM
They carded everyone that left the hotel after 9 pm and anyone that attempted to enter the convention center. I was carded 4 times. They're strict and if you're under 18, they will turn you away unless you have a parent or guardian with you.

dustbunny
03-16-2007, 03:48 PM
i stayed at the hotel last year.
it was kinda small
well the room was from what i could remember.
like we have 2 beds and i think we had a sofa....yes we did have one. and i think 6 or 7 people stayed in the room and we were comfortable room wise.
but it's really humid in richmond. and u sweat a lot and the room was mainly boys....ewww...it was gross.

XoPinkuSpiderxo
03-16-2007, 05:41 PM
So Saturday night if your under 18 and want to go to the dance, do you have to bring a parent/guardian w/ u? or do they have an exception since it's a con event that's happening so late at night?

Kaoshima
03-16-2007, 06:13 PM
well... I was 16 at the time, and I never ended up getting carded, but I was with people that were over 18 most of the late night hours anyway. =/

and no, they didn't nor can they ever temporarily lift the curfew, it's a Richmond City law, you can't temporarily lift laws...

dustbunny
03-16-2007, 09:33 PM
ewww i remember when the started carding people.
wasen't the rule if you leave the con center and ur under 18 u can't come back in???

XoPinkuSpiderxo
03-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Carding?

dustbunny
03-16-2007, 10:20 PM
Carding?

well i don't think it was really carding.....but the con staff did start sending people under 18 away from the center once htey left....i'm not sure if they started taking people out of the center....i think they did. i do knoe that they started asking for ids cause when i was walking to the hotel the staff was asking for them.

Reiko
03-17-2007, 09:12 AM
I think its a wonderful hotel. nice to chill out in when your not doing any con stuff :)

AMA always chooses the best hotels... why because AMA rocks :)