PDA

View Full Version : J-Rock at AMA '07

BouXKanon
02-27-2007, 10:42 AM
So who all is going as a J-Rocker? I want to try and get some sort of J-Rock photoshoot set up for one of the con days where all the J-Rockers can get together and get some really good pictures....

Im going as Miyavi....Freedom Fighters one day and a kick a** photoshoot picture another day...still wondering what to do the third day....

myaku_
03-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Unfortunately, I'll only be at AMA on Saturday because I'm graduating on Friday (hurrah). :/

I'm not sure what I'm bringing yet. It's always a mystery with me, really...

double00beaver
03-08-2007, 05:38 PM
I've got a Freedom Fighter outfit, one of the background girls, and I'm going as Bou from An Cafe, just not sure which PV yet.

BouXKanon
03-15-2007, 11:05 AM
I think we should do the photoshoot on Saturday anyway because the most people will be there on Saturday and we can get the most out of it! I really want to try and get some really awesome pics and show everyone that cosplaying a Jrocker/Jpop star is just as cool as cosplaying an anime character. It seems like the cosplayers for Jrock/Jpop don't get enough credit sometimes.

double00beaver
03-21-2007, 11:11 AM
I hear you on that one. Most of the time while the anime cosplayers are being mobbed, the Jrock/Pop cosplayers get looks like "Who are you exactly?"

And I've finished my Jrock costumes, I decided to forget about the Freedom Fighter one and instead I'm going as AnCafe's Escapism PV Bou and Malice Mizer's Illuminati PV Mana.

BouXKanon
03-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Yeah so I say lets fight back and give em hell...so to speak. Signs and everything saying "We are JRockers, hear us meow?" or something and take a ton of pictures and get ourselves noticed goshdurnit!

I need to start on my Freedom Fighter Meevs outfit and the other one of his that Im doing, but I've been so busy lately *cries* If anyone wants to get together that lives in Richmond and have a cosplay costume making party, please let me know....I really want to do one of those with food, music and good people!

double00beaver
03-22-2007, 05:45 PM
xD Jrock army. I'm already in the Mickey Kingdom Hearts Army at Animazement, and I'll be bringing my 3 foot tall Mickey with me to AMA for my Axel costume.

Get a sign saying 'I'm from Antic Cafe' or 'I'm from Malice Mizer' or 'Hey! I'm Miyavi! Mob me!!' xD

Kaoshima
03-23-2007, 06:23 PM
I wanna do The Pillows sometime with my friends... :)

double00beaver
03-23-2007, 08:14 PM
I love The Pillows' FLCL and Cowboy Bebop music, but I have no idea what they look like. That's sad. xD

Tenshinoitami1
03-24-2007, 01:27 AM
I'm not real sure what I will be bringing just yet.
My Jun costume will probably be coming since it's getting all fixed up (totally remade the pants and fixed the wig), and if I get the time and money I may have a new costume.

I wont be staying at the con itself since my apartment is like a 5 minute drive from the con xD

Kaoshima
03-24-2007, 10:13 AM
o_O the Pillows did do FLCL, but they didn't do Cowboy Bebop, you must be thinking of Yoko Kanno. *pat on head* it's okay though.
The Pillows would be kinda hard just they're not like Visual K or anything, they don't usually run around in costumes, but there's one photo in Penalty Life of them wearing jeans, black leather jackets, and blue scarves each w/ a different design on it. That's the next best thing I figure :P

double00beaver
03-24-2007, 01:38 PM
I must be, it's been awhile sicne I've seen either anime. ^-^; Gomen.

It does sound hard though, I would like to be Ayumi Hamasaki, but she blends in since she's not visual kei either. Bou you atleast reconize his hair if he's dressed normally. xP

BouXKanon
03-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Im gonna have H**l trying to do all of Miyavi's tattoos! But that will make me stand out quite well, so Im happy. Plus Im basically just like Miyavi personality wise, crazy as god knows what!

The costume my friend is doing for Ayumi is really awesome. It's the pink corset bit from the Ladies Night PV, she will get a lot of attention for it, if she wasn't to I'd be so surprised!

Kaoshima
03-26-2007, 03:55 PM
I saw a Miyavi DVD once, it made me laugh. :) ex. he goes to Hawaii and immediately starts jumping on the hotel bed. :) He was also wearing two hats on top of each other and one of my friends was joking around, "He probably couldn't decide which hat to wear, so he just put 'em both on. He'll probably switch 'em in a minute." A few seconds after that, he did, it was hilarious. :D

double00beaver
03-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Miyavi is crazy like that. During one of his lives, he actually stopped in between songs to sing "If You're Happy And You Know It" and made the audience dance along.

Anyone interested in a Jrock photoshoot? I need to know if I should brign my Mana costume or not..

BouXKanon
03-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Well you know I am! And my friend who is going as Ayumi will be too. Im trying to convince my bf to go as Kyo from Diru, but he's being stupidly stubborn. I mean come on!!! Who wouldn't want to see some Miyavi-Kyo fanservice?! I am so excited for AMA for some reason....go figure. JROCK PEOPLE RALLY TOGETHER and lets do this jank!!!

double00beaver
03-28-2007, 06:19 AM
MiyavixKyo, woooo! xD

Ne, had to drop Bou from the list, but I'll be bringing Mana to support the Jrock cosplay force.

SADMASK13
04-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Hmmm...I was going to do something along the lines of original oshare kei. it should be very interesting. considered j-rock? yes. ^^ i would cosplay as MANA, but for some reason i just can't bring myself to do it. i guess all the cosplay got knocked out of me. anyways, i'd love to meet those who are cosplaying j-rock. and people in this area who are into j-rock should IM me @ Avr129 bc i'd really love it. <3 i like hanging out with people who are into the same music and stuff. drop me a line sometime, kudasai.

BouXKanon
04-15-2007, 11:07 AM
So we need a photoshoot time for us J-Rock/J-Pop dorks to give the people so we can be cool...heheheh! Anyone have any suggestions? Should we even bother? I really would love to have a shoot, regardless of how many people we have, it would be fun!!!

double00beaver
04-15-2007, 04:00 PM
We should have a photo shoot. This would be my first time at AMA, so it would give me something fun to do. ^-^

BouXKanon
04-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Absolutely! Thats why I wanna try and get something together! I know someone on here is putting up times for photoshoots so everyone knows about them. So if we really want to do this, we should try and figure something out. But for now I am going to sleep...I am so tired from playing pool all night >_<

BouXKanon
04-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Anyone have any ideas when they want to do the photoshoot yet???

double00beaver
04-23-2007, 11:05 AM
I have a Sailor Moon photoshoot on Friday, so anytime Saturday would be great since I'll be Mana all day, more than likely, unless I want to re-wear some Animazement costumes.

myaku_
04-24-2007, 02:24 PM
How about Saturday at 2? That's a pretty agreeable time and when photoshoots normally take place.

For a location... Upstairs would be nice because there's some neat looking balconies. However, we could migrate there and pick up other j-rockers while walking through...
Maybe we should meet-up in the main entrance by the escalators? Last year it was where the Video Game room was, there's big windows that face the street.

BouXKanon
04-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Saturday at 2 is perfect....I will inform the proper people unless someone has an objection? I think we should meet up somewhere people can find easily, so yeah the main entrance by the escalators is perfect. When they get a map up I will circle it and show it where everything is.

Upstairs near a balcony would be great. maybe around the main little seating place, like when you come in from the garage and the hotel. Well we'll figure that out....but lemme know if everyone is ok with Saturday at 2!

kotsu
04-24-2007, 08:07 PM
o.o!!! Yay!!..IM going as Obscure Kyo from dir en grey >.<! {my like 4th time cosplaying him in obscure style >.< lol} and my step sis is going as Toshiya {Ryoujoku no ame style}..I will be there only on Saturday...I wanna be in this photo shoot >.< lol..I was afraid we were gonna be the only jrock cosplayers there lol..ah well teheh...

Tenshinoitami1
04-24-2007, 08:44 PM
you guys do know the con is over a month away and since a schedule isnt even out yet its rather dumb to try to start planning a time
what if there is a pannel at that time that is jrock related and interferes? you should wait till closer to the con

double00beaver
04-25-2007, 11:16 AM
you guys do know the con is over a month away and since a schedule isnt even out yet its rather dumb to try to start planning a time
what if there is a pannel at that time that is jrock related and interferes? you should wait till closer to the con

Well I've been planning photoshoots for AZ for over two months now, and I'm sure we're not the pnly one planning for AMA this early. And if there is a panel then we'll just meet up and migrate to the panel then wander off for our photoshoot. ^-^ Now don't you feel stupid?

kotsu
04-25-2007, 02:08 PM
will there be any other diru cosplayers at AMA'07 on Saturday?

Tenshinoitami1
04-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Well I've been planning photoshoots for AZ for over two months now, and I'm sure we're not the pnly one planning for AMA this early. And if there is a panel then we'll just meet up and migrate to the panel then wander off for our photoshoot. ^-^ Now don't you feel stupid?

No I dont feel stupid. You're a prick for saying that line

I've planned photshoots before. Look at last Otakon when everyone had a time set and then Ota put out the schedule and all the band autogrpahs were the three hours around teh time people tried to set.

double00beaver
04-25-2007, 09:49 PM
No I dont feel stupid. You're a prick for saying that line

I've planned photshoots before. Look at last Otakon when everyone had a time set and then Ota put out the schedule and all the band autogrpahs were the three hours around teh time people tried to set.

Yeah I know. I felt guilty about saying it, but yet, I don't really regret it too much. This Whispers lady is driving me up the wall. -mutter- Stupid woman.

BouXKanon
04-27-2007, 10:04 AM
My friend is going as Kyo from a photoshoot...he's got on these awesome overalls with a dragon down the side. It's gunna be fun fun fun!

Im so excited to cosplay Miyavi....Im such a dork

kotsu
04-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Oh hellz yeah another Kyo! Great ^o^..So he's going as Jessica kyo >.<!....awesome hehe....I cant wait till the con either and to dress as Kyo once again >.< hehe..Im excited about the Jrock cosplayers that will be there ^.^ to see what lovely things people can do hehe..Would love to see your Miyavi too BouXKanon ^.^

BouXKanon
04-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Im sure you'll see me and my friends around. If I see a Kyo I tend to tackle them >_< What can I say? I love Kyo hahaha!
If you come to the J-Rock photoshoot too you're sure to see me, I mean Im trying to orchestrate this silly photoshoot, so you better believe my sorry a** is going to be part of it.

I can't wait to see all the awesome J-Rock outfits! Im gonna fall apart if I don't get to con soon!!!

kotsu
04-30-2007, 08:01 AM
the photoshoots are always fun T.T..I was there last year as Sasuke from Naruto..There were so many in our shoot >.<
Im already finish with my costume..I just need to get my hat ..then im set..>.< im so bored outta my damn mind..all excited by the con..waiting for it to come..so ive been just trying to help some of my friends with their costumes..The con is not that far away..but seems like its taking forever to get here LOL..aw well

double00beaver
04-30-2007, 11:13 AM
My Mana outfit doesn't look so good so yeah. xD Need to sew the real dress from Illuminati.

kotsu
04-30-2007, 02:13 PM
oooo Mana >.< cant wait to see ^o^

BouXKanon
05-04-2007, 10:37 PM
*yawns* i will hug every Kyo I see....and then love them to death tehehehe

kotsu
05-07-2007, 07:52 AM
*yawns* i will hug every Kyo I see....and then love them to death tehehehe

>.< so does that mean i should fear for my life >.< ahahaha lol

BouXKanon
05-07-2007, 12:35 PM
LOL FEAR THE MIYAVI!!! mwahahahaha. nah....i be good. :bigtu: I just give lots of huggles to Jrock cosplayers and pretty asian boys :-D

kotsu
05-07-2007, 02:08 PM
uasghajksghakshaksjhasjh ^o^ ahahaha pet*pet* there there now.... i dont blame ya tehehehe..Ill prolly be running around myself like a headless chicken T.T lol....hummm well i hope not T.T i like my head its big like a bubble..hehe bubble head >.<..okay now im just talking randomly outta my ass ^.^ heheh

myaku_
05-10-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't think it's that early to plan a photoshoot time. Saturday at 2 is a pretty plain time of day, no matter the con. Both concerts are at 9 each night, and besides maybe a panel or two, no much will be planned; it's AMA.

If it's such a big problem then we still have time to switch it before the con.

double00beaver
05-12-2007, 10:09 AM
There's been a change...maybe. I'm going to AZ as Illuminati Kami, but I don't know if I'll take that to AMA or wear Illuminati Mana.

myaku_
05-20-2007, 03:10 PM
I'll be bringing my "Love is DEAD" Aya costume (Psycho le Cému) for Saturday.
I didn't have enough money for a new costume so I fixed it up pretty hardcore the other day...

Gogglegirl
05-20-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm bringing a special Johnny's Entertainment costume with me (hopefully). Its adorable. I'm doing Death Note all day on Saturday...so I can't come to the shoot...

BouXKanon
05-21-2007, 05:43 PM
2pm on Saturday sounds good. And yes IF IF IF there is something so important going on we can change it. When we get a map to find a place to get it all set up and take the pics, I will post it on here...or at least the ideas of where to have it.
If that sounds good, everyone let me know!

crimson sky
05-21-2007, 07:49 PM
I may be coming. If I can I'll hopefully have Jealous Kyo and maybe one or two other Diru costumes.

BouXKanon
05-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Oooook lovelies...we have to change the time on Saturday because someone already has the 2pm slot. Want to change it to 1 maybe? I think that would work....

GreatSG
05-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Probably not doing a Jrock costume this year, but I will be running a Jrock/pop video panel friday from 7pm to 10pm, hope to see a lot of you there. :D

double00beaver
05-30-2007, 07:30 PM
I have my Illuminati Kami outfit all ready to go. Here's my Mana costume from Animazement last weekend. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/princesstrishta/102_1484.jpg

Tenshinoitami1
06-01-2007, 01:13 PM
1pm Sat is good, any later than that and I cant make it, I can only go half a day Saturday...sister has her graduation that day x.x
But I will be there all day friday =3 I'll be working in the dealer's room at the jrock booth Digital Discs...look for the guy in the lolita dress LOL! [yeah, I work for lolita man]

Tenshinoitami1
06-05-2007, 07:11 PM
we should do something friday as well since (if I finish it), I'll be wearing my better costume that day since I'll only be around for a bit of saturday.

I know that a lot of people aren't going to be around as much during this con since its graduation weekend it seems (a friend of mine can't be there much of friday since that is when her sister is graduating!)

other wise I will just play photographer on saturday

BouXKanon
06-06-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm not sure what we should do at this point...
I mean it seems like Saturday is the better day because of graduation...
VOTING TIME!

Friday or Saturday
Friday at like....? (Suggestions plz)
or
Saturday at 1

Tenshinoitami1
06-06-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure what we should do at this point...
I mean it seems like Saturday is the better day because of graduation...
VOTING TIME!

Friday or Saturday
Friday at like....? (Suggestions plz)
or
Saturday at 1

why not both days? plenty of cons I have seen groups do a photoshoot both days since not everyone makes it one of the days

kotsu
06-11-2007, 11:46 AM
yeah great..both days should have a shoot {even though i will only be there on saturday T..T}..cant fricking wait >.< hehe

Tenshinoitami1
06-11-2007, 08:03 PM
the jrock panel is at 6:30-9pm on firday it looks like so why dont we do something around there?

BouXKanon
06-12-2007, 12:35 PM
good plan
How about 5:45/6 on Friday
and
1 on Saturday

But now for the where?

BouXKanon
06-12-2007, 08:04 PM
*Has decided to drag along a Tatsurou Iwakami (MUCC) from Ware, Arubeki Basho with her*

Will do that Sunday methinks
I have all the stuff...this is just a whim
I hope everyone knows who I am >_<
Anyone think this is a good idea....I love Tatsu and I really want something different to cosplay on Sunday....so ta daaaaaa.

Tenshinoitami1
06-12-2007, 08:07 PM
*Has decided to drag along a Tatsurou Iwakami (MUCC) from Ware, Arubeki Basho with her*

Will do that Sunday methinks
I have all the stuff...this is just a whim
I hope everyone knows who I am >_<
Anyone think this is a good idea....I love Tatsu and I really want something different to cosplay on Sunday....so ta daaaaaa.

of course it is a good idea! I much perfer obscure cosplays then always seeing dir en grey cosplays...well you know what I mean the same costumes and all >>

I'm attempting to spit out my new costume right now x.x I'm a day behind o.x

BouXKanon
06-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Hahaha awesome. Then I will go ahead and do it!
MUCCY MUCC MUCC.....yum.

myaku_
06-13-2007, 05:53 PM
:/ I hope you guys have fun.
I broke up with my boyfriend and I don't feel like going to AMA by myself.

BouXKanon
06-13-2007, 07:56 PM
awwww noooo....come hang out with me and my friends....we know all about breaking up with guys....so we will help cheer you up!
Don't let some silly boy ruin a great weekend!!!

BouXKanon
06-16-2007, 02:14 AM
OOOOOOOOOK so
1pm tomorrow
in one of the little nooks by the medical and registration rooms
To be out of the way of traffic
Unless someone has a better idea
JROCKERS BE THERE!

Tenshinoitami1
06-17-2007, 03:54 AM
so apparently no one knows how to read and/or tell time or just doesnt care about photoshoots anymore.
disappointing
myaku_ and myself waited 20 minutes for everyone, saw obscure Kyo walk by (but I didnt feel like getting up D:) and then a certain two people decided they felt like eating rather than do the photoshoot they helped to set up.
So of course, as I knew would happen, the photoshoot fell through.
This happens EVERYCON for jrock photoshoots and I'm tired of it.
For anyone going to Otakon and willing to be serious about getting together for a photoshoot I'd really like to get one together. The Ota thread is so off topic and filled with so many people and last year they did it all wrong. It seems no one has any clue how to do a photoshoot right. Oh and that most people say they will come and then dont.
Maybe I just take things too seriously, but I was looking forward to seeing some people.
I had told kotsu I'd say hi but I had to leave the con by two in order to drive home for my sister's graduation only to get stuck in traffic for 4 hours x.x
I didnt even get to finish my Yukine costume in time but I guess its okay since the photoshoot died anyway.
Next time guys we're doing this right or not at all. disappointment is no fun

kotsu
06-17-2007, 05:33 PM
i must apologize you guys i was there on Saturday as Obscure Kyo with the german soldier hat and everything..but i was only there from about 9am to 11am in the morning because i started having some problems with my contacts..I supposed that some dust or makeup or something got in them that morning and irritated my eye really bad and it swelled up..It hurt like fuck T.T..I went to the Med clinic at the con and they gave me ice and drops for it but it didnt help much so i had to go to an emergancy clinic some where outside the con T..T So now im sitting here with one eye open trying to type this T..T I cant beileve my day was totally ruined yesterday T..T i was waiting for this con for a long time only to have it destroyed T..T...So now im planning on hopefully going to Nekocon in November >.<...Ill most likely go as obscure Kyo again...I did manage to get some pix of myself and my step sis who was Toshiya..but they are bad ones but ill post them anyway T.T..I wonder...Did anyone see me mopping about with the ice pack on my eye jashjkahsjkh T....T damn it T..T it sux so bad

Tenshinoitami1
06-17-2007, 06:00 PM
we were sitting in one of the alcoves on teh second floor by registration and medical, actually the one in front of reg when I saw you wlak past so that must of been when you were walking from medical

kotsu
06-17-2007, 06:09 PM
hehe yeah T..T that was me..with my eye about to fall out T..T i was so damn dellusional..when we made a short vid when we were there i said it was AMA 2006 T..T..lol..man it sucked..i was looking so foward to seeing the rest of the jrocker cosplays >.<! im so mad..my damn eye still hurts T.T..haha lol the pain got so bad that i puked a couple times lol...kinda made me laugh thinking of the pv...eh but that was no good T.T..i posted up the few pix that we took..they came out shitty but i guess they are better than none at all T.T
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=78549&member=56041

kotsu
06-17-2007, 06:42 PM
oh yeah was there any other diru cosplayers there >.< i will cry if there was and i didnt get to see them T.T **shakes fist at rotten eye***

Tenshinoitami1
06-17-2007, 07:15 PM
it isnt much but here are my pics

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=78550&member=563