PDA

View Full Version : Sakura Matsuri Cospicnic

Lumasnati
02-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Since it has hit such popularity, let's have a cosplay picnic. ^__^

We can have it at the same time of the street festival stuff. We can grill burgers and dogs and Well... anything else we would like cooked.

We can have fun and stuff out along the many parks and stuff.

The only thing is, we need someone to help bring supplies and everyone has to contribute something to the picnic.

What do you guys say?

fatalinjection
02-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Wish I could go, but I cannot drive~ XD

makotohanabi
02-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Don't think you can grill out on the Mall. The street festival sells food we can grab stuff there and eat someplace less crowded. Might be better to have a cospicnic after the Cherry Blossom festival since it will be less crowded.

Should be able to bring a blanket and some food. I'll wait and see if people have allergies and/or restricted diets before promising anything specific foodwise.

Bagu
02-28-2007, 10:59 AM
That might be the best way to go. I can bring a blanket as well.

Maybe I can see if get my roommate's camping tent to bring..might be handy in case someone wants to change in/out of costume.

fatal, just keep active in the thread. There might be someone who lives near you that may be able to come pick you up.

Lumasnati
02-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Can I get you to help me, Bagu-sama? ^__^ We can pull it all together and have a big barbeque and stuff.

I know there are some parks downtown that we can set up shop a that is nearby the Tidal Basin.

Bagu
02-28-2007, 07:20 PM
I still think the food at the festival would be the less hectic, then all we'd need are blankets, and maybe we can set up a volleyball net or something ;)

Lumasnati
02-28-2007, 07:23 PM
They have those down in the parks nearby the festival and such. ^__^

BouXKanon
02-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Im probably going to head to the thing...oooh i'll dress up as ayane from doa...and then for the volleyball i'll do ayu from the beach volleyball doa heheheh

Nekko
02-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Where is this? I havent heard of this festival before...

Bagu
03-01-2007, 07:43 AM
I'm just trying to think of where a prime spot would be central to everything..

But yeah, should be a fun time on the 14th...picnic, festival, parade, anime marathon at freer, some random cosplay.

I would where a decent place to park would be? Crystal City?

Zyphen
03-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Where is this? I havent heard of this festival before...

Annual street festival in DC (and they got a few buildings too). Dance, music, food, art, kung fu, anime, lots and lots of random vendor stuff, crafts, etc...

A good spot is The Ellipse, large patch of grass right between the Monument and the White House:

http://www.wheremagazine.com/dcblossom_books/dc_blsm_map.html

dustbunny
03-02-2007, 09:38 AM
PICNIC~!!!
that sounds like fun...hope to doesn't rain
><

Lumasnati
03-03-2007, 03:47 PM
But, if we are to have a picnic, everyone has to pitch in something. I am going to bring Soda and burgers.

Bagu
03-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Anyone know where parking will be there?

If I can find parking I'll bring grilling stuff.

(though really, its easier to just grab something at the festival and bring it to the picnic area.)

Lumasnati
03-03-2007, 06:38 PM
I guess that would work, but we'd all need to do it at the same time. ^^;;

Donfoxy
03-03-2007, 08:17 PM
YAY! Picnic! X3 count me in! I'll bring sweets :D and also a blanket! <3 <3

dustbunny
03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Hey guys
it seems that i will be beable to go to the fest.
and more then likely i will be cosplaying L~kun
XD
so me and my friend will go to the picnic.
i will make cookies or something....or pie
O.o

Nobody No. XIII
03-26-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm just trying to think of where a prime spot would be central to everything..

But yeah, should be a fun time on the 14th...picnic, festival, parade, anime marathon at freer, some random cosplay.

I would where a decent place to park would be? Crystal City?

There are a couple parking lots dotting the festival if you drive around long enough.. Else I'd highly suggest taking the metro if you can help it. My dad is a police officer in DC, so I can ask him about free parking. I'll get back to you. Cherry Blossom Festival Brochure on Driving/Parking (http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/cms/fileadmin/Auto_Parking_Handout.pdf)

I'll be there as Roxas in some form. Probably Twilight Town.. Organization Coat doesn't seem to be the most comfortable choice.

Skyline Kyo
03-27-2007, 07:46 AM
I drove around this past weekend around the area and there's several spots to park right by the river (fairly close to Tidal Basin). I have never attended the event so I'm not sure how parking will be but I presume it'll be fairly crowded?

LaPetiteSalope
03-29-2007, 08:53 AM
I drove around this past weekend around the area and there's several spots to park right by the river (fairly close to Tidal Basin). I have never attended the event so I'm not sure how parking will be but I presume it'll be fairly crowded?

take the metro BOBA

makotohanabi
03-29-2007, 11:06 AM
If you take metro get there early or you won't find parking. That goes double if it's nice out.

>zeta<
03-29-2007, 11:49 PM
when is this?

dustbunny
04-01-2007, 12:46 PM
i have a question
do we need to get a ticket for this???

Lumasnati
04-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Oh heaven's no! ^____^ This is a free event!

dustbunny
04-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Oh heaven's no! ^____^ This is a free event!

oh thank god
><
i was very much worried there for a sec.

Star_Angel
04-02-2007, 10:32 AM
I'll have to look for you guys to say hi!, I'm going but with my family so no cosplaying for me this year.

and just for those of you who haven't gone before and are cosplaying, wear comfortable shoes! (I wore a lolita outfit one year and my poor feet hurt so bad by the end of the day because of all the walking! (but that was the year we had the gathering over by the Jefferson memorial then walked to the festeval that was about 5-7 blocks away)

Lumasnati
04-02-2007, 11:32 AM
^^; Yeah... Thanks for the service announcement. [is being totallly serious-] I can't stress it enough people. Lolita Street wear is nice and very beautiful, but your feet are going to hate you and We don't wanna see you in pain and there will be LOTS of walking. XD

J-rock Kai
04-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey mind if I bring an acoustic guitar!? We can pass it around for some aspiring musicians who wanna rock...acoustically XD! I mean, Its what I do. :D

-Kamikaze Kai

http://myspace.com/misterkai (mypersonalspace)
http://myspace.com/kamikazekai (solo project)
http://myspace.com/geistband (My A-VK Band)

Bagu
04-03-2007, 11:31 AM
I would not bring your guitar. In a crowded festival, and in DC. Wouldn't want you to lose it.

Saxinthehall
04-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Has a place and time been decided on where we are going ot meet yet? I did a quick look and didn't see anything.

Lumasnati
04-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Well. Since there is a meeting at 2 for the cosplayers, how about the picnic be at 4? We haven't scoped out places. I'll be doing that this weekend.

Bagu
04-04-2007, 05:26 PM
I'd say since the meet-up is at the Jefferson Memorial, scope out a spot around there rather than around the Mall.

Lumasnati
04-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Good idea. -nodnod- Makes sense.

dustbunny
04-04-2007, 10:02 PM
4 sounds good. And it will be easy to spot a place and cosplayers
XDD

Bagu
04-05-2007, 11:21 AM
(moving question to thread in "Member Events and Gatherings ")

teoka
04-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Awesome! First a late nite party, now a picnic!! ^o^/ Count me in!

So, four o' clock at the Jefferson Memorial? Gotcha!

What's the cosplay gathering at 2?

kyocs
04-10-2007, 09:05 PM
i will go as long as it's reachable via DC metro, lol

Lumasnati
04-10-2007, 09:55 PM
ALRIGHT HEADS UP EVERYONE!!

Should it rain, we will have to take a raincheck. A light Drizzle doesn't count.

I don't want anyone to get sick and die. XD If it starts raining, know the event is postponed until 4.

makotohanabi
04-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Looking like it will be cold and rainy Saturday, just checked the Weather channel. Better start thinking about other dates in May/early June.

I.N.K.
04-13-2007, 01:06 AM
K: So the plan is to meet around four at the Jefferson MAmorial since it's going to rain, right?

Lumasnati
04-13-2007, 06:25 AM
Yes. And if it rains at four, the event will be post poned to a later date in May.

Bagu
04-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Just a heads up to sync with the thread up in the "Member Events and Gatherings" section, Tess has moved her meet-up to 1pm at the Federal Triangle Metro stop, which is pretty ideal since its an enclosed space.

From there we can maybe go to the festival, and then there is talk about going museum-hopping the rest of the day.

Saxinthehall
04-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Oh museum hopping would be fun! I was going to see if some friends wanted to do that before the meet up.

Lumasnati
04-13-2007, 04:18 PM
I have a panel that will be at the Japanese Embassy Booth downtown! Come see it!