PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy

folkeye
03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Since this thread has died, and there is no date, time, or location on the Sakuracon website I thought I'd try again here. A friend and I will for certain be dressed as Kadaj and Yazoo from Advent Children probably most of the day Saturday and if anybody wants to hook up for a photoshoot please let me know. This'll be my first Sakuracon so I'm unfamiliar with meeting/gathering places. So open to suggestions for a Saturday Final Fantasy Gathering (any series welcome).

ToEtAcTiC
03-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Hopefully I'll be going as Gabranth from FFXII if I finish in time, although I probably won't have the weapons done by then. Either Friday or Saturday would work for me but I'd prefer Saturday(Any time as long as it's not during M.O.V.E's performance).

Hitokiri Kenshin
03-01-2007, 09:44 PM
I prefer Friday because I have to shave for the other characters I'm doing, so getting the Barret out of the way works best for me.

zansatsu
03-02-2007, 07:53 AM
Well I will be DOC Vincent on saturday so I'd love a shoot as long as it doesn't conflict with M.O.V.E. and masquerade. Preferably earlier in the noonish area, I'll also be AC Cloud on friday if anyone wants a shoot then.

folkeye
03-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Sometime on or around noon would work probably fine. We'll probably be in the costumes most if not all of the day. So somebody give a time... or lets just say Saturday around 11:30 am and we just need a location that'd be good for those that are familiar with the area. For the amount of work it takes to get into the costumes we need to devote a well rested day to them....but things might change, but so far its looking like Sat is our good to go day.

ToEtAcTiC
03-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Since FF is usually one of the biggest gatherings I suggest it be held in the courtyard. It's a very wide open area and it wont interfere with any other con goers since its outside. Though we should find out what time the other gatherings are going to be before settling with one because last year the Bleach and Full Metal Alchemist gatherings were at the same time and the whole courtyard was packed and wasn't very easy to get pictures.

folkeye
03-05-2007, 01:07 PM
All right, it sounds good to me. But if it doesn't happen... please feel free to pull us aside for photos if you'd like while wandering around.

zansatsu
03-06-2007, 05:36 AM
Friday would be a better day for the shoot, I have way too much do take care of on saturday -_-;

friday afternoon maybe?

Hitokiri Kenshin
03-06-2007, 11:53 AM
That's what I say.

folkeye
03-06-2007, 01:30 PM
I'll have to talk to my friend then about when to wear what. But I still think we'll put the effort in for Saturday...it takes us over an hour to get ready... but we'll see I guess.

ToEtAcTiC
03-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Now that Ive looked through the Sakuracon forums it would be more convenient to do it on Friday plus a couple of my friends that I havent seen in a while are going to be there on Saturday so I would rather spend more time with them than get stopped every 5 seconds for pictures.

PacificPyro
03-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Saturday is good for the over all FF shoots... i beleive wasn't there a DoC shoot schedualed for Fri?? cuz i have two FF outfits...

Jujubeans
03-10-2007, 03:43 AM
:D I shall be with you all! *pose*

My hubby, if he isn't busy interviewing will be a Tonberry King. ^_^ I will be Lulu. I really have no preference to a single day. My Lulu costume is damn comfy with the exception of the corset. *eye twitch*

EvilAuthor
03-10-2007, 11:30 AM
I was forced to put off my Final Fantasy cosplay plans [stupid car...stealing all my cosplay money], but as long as the photoshoot doesn't conflict with the Human chess match, I'd be more then happy to take pictures for everyone.
I'm a big FF geek so I went to shoot at Kumoricon last year just to see all those final fantasy characters in one spot...T'was glorious

Hitokiri Kenshin
03-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I know I was upset I missed the shoot last year. And I was ready in my Barret costume.

kurotatsuonna
03-10-2007, 04:26 PM
A FF shoot would be fun! I can go pretty much any time so it doesn't really matter to me. Cosplay chess is my main concern..

ToEtAcTiC
03-12-2007, 11:54 AM
It seems the sakuracon forums have ultimately decided on Friday though theyre waiting until the con schedule comes out so it wont conflict with main events.

ToEtAcTiC
03-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Friday @ 3:30 in the courtyard by registration is the time and place. Does anyone have complaints or other time suggestions?

Jujubeans
03-16-2007, 11:30 PM
I'll be Ishida that day, so doing a Lulu will be on Saturday. ^_^

folkeye
03-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Friday @ 3:30 in the courtyard by registration is the time and place. Does anyone have complaints or other time suggestions?

Only complaint is that there is a good chance we won't be in FF costumes Friday. We're going to have to determine if we feel like changing (costumes take at least an hour to get into fully with makeup and all...) and if its absolutely freezing out I'm more willing to do the change. But we'll find out on that Friday I guess. But if anybody sees us wandering around on Saturday (as Kadaj, Yazoo and hopefully a Loz) do say hi.

folkeye
03-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Looks like we're going to try and hook up a 2nd FF shoot for those that can't make it on Friday:

From Sakuracon Forums "I was thinking we should meet at the courtyard outside of the registration area (4th floor I think), and then head over into Freeway Park. (Which is attatched to the courtyard.) It's a -wonderful- place to take pictures; my group's been up there several times for photoshoots, and it's a great place to go. "

So if anybody is game for that I think the meet will be at 1pm.

Jujubeans
03-23-2007, 01:36 AM
Folkeye, what day is that? Is that a Saturday? :] I miiiight be able to attend if I'm not busy with the dealers hall.

folkeye
03-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Yeah that will be on Saturday.

Amidoji
03-23-2007, 10:55 PM
We aren't certain which meet we will manage to go to, but my friend Smidge and I will be at one of them as Seymour Guado (me) and Sorceress Edea (smidge).

Jujubeans
03-25-2007, 02:44 AM
Cool. ^_^ Maybe I can manage a halfday or something in the dealers hall. I'll see what I can do about that early 1pm time :\. The owners pretty cool about work hours, so that photoshoot could be my lunchbreak haha xD.

AznTranquility
03-25-2007, 03:03 AM
So 3:30 friday somewhere by reg center is the final date?
I get confused when reading so many posts with diff dates and times ><

Killer_Tofu
03-25-2007, 09:10 PM
count me in ^-^ I'll be cos'ing as fearie Paine (KH2) I would have done regular (X-2 warrior) Paine but she was kind of a last minute decision *sigh*

folkeye
03-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah, the second meeting is on Saturday (there is Also one one Friday at 3:30pm). 4th floor, right outside the registration area is where we'll hook up. Just look for clumps of FF people :D

PacificPyro
03-28-2007, 11:57 PM
due to a HAIR MALFUNTION... i may or may not go as Zack no more... -_- we'll see...

Jujubeans
03-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Whee, I can hardly wait for Sakuracon. x3 It's been ages since I went to a FF gathering.

Mycroft
03-30-2007, 12:47 AM
due to a HAIR MALFUNTION... i may or may not go as Zack no more... -_- we'll see...

Your hair is FINE to do it with. :P Just gotta manipulate it a bit... You'll still make an awesome Zack!! Pleeease? :(