PDA

View Full Version : Original design costumes

DarkElement
04-09-2003, 10:25 AM
I need help designing two costumes to go along with two pairs of wings I'm going to make. One will be white feathered wings that I will make this summer, and the other will be either purple or black bat wings that I will make next year. I need some ideas for the rest of the costume.

yayahan
04-09-2003, 03:35 PM
^^ It all depends on what sort of costumes you would like to make, be it goth, fantasy, punk, sci-fi, lolita, jrock... and if you want it to be dramatic, elaborate, cute, sexy... Determine what you are willing to wear and make and go for it!
Of course, if you ever get to showcase both pairs together, oppositing costumes come to mind. Try visiting some CLAMP galleries for X 1999 and Chobits art for ideas and inspiration for such costumes ^_^.
Let us know how this project turns out

DarkElement
04-09-2003, 04:34 PM
I was thinking about something from chobits possibly, but I have to think about it some more before I really decide.

CandyElly
04-14-2003, 04:41 PM
omg I have tons of ideas. I have so many sketches that I've never made... *_* Purple bat wings would be tons o' fun with some purple vinyl style outfit, with a skirt done like Yayas chi. Maybe a corset top and some bondage collars and braces.
For the white? Hmmm I like really flowy dresses. If you wanted to put gold accents in the wings you could play with that SO much in the dress by using things such as gold eyelets and gold crystal.

Those are my first two cents. Maybe you'll get something from that! Who knows ^^

DarkElement
04-15-2003, 06:35 AM
Thanx for the ideas I am actually thinking of changing the feathered wing to being black edged with white for the rest, then I can have a matching black and white outfit maybe a dress from chobits. I'm not making the bat wing costume until after I finish the first feathered wing costume.

DarkElement
04-29-2003, 10:11 AM
Yay! I finally decided to do black feathered wings for the costume!!! I also started the design for it!!!

CandyElly
04-29-2003, 01:13 PM
Got a scanner? I wanna see!

DarkElement
04-29-2003, 05:36 PM
I have a scanner but it doesn't work most of the time....I will try though...