PDA

View Full Version : re-using a skit with added modifications

Miaka No Baka
04-09-2003, 01:42 PM
what do u think of a group re-using a skit but adding some extra lines, making the skit a little longer, and adding another person or two to it? Mainly why I'm asking is our skit got mangled by sound techs at the con where we performed it (they played our music while the mc was announcing our group so we looked very disoriented and sloppy eventhough we could perform it flawlessly)

The skit would be performed at a different con where very little if any people would've seen it the first time around at con a. So there would be very little repetition for people maybe like 4 or 5 people have seen it at con a and will be at con b where it's re-performed.

What is your take on this? We're in a sense not using the EXTACT same skit due to adding another person and adding some more lines.

Miaka no Baka

Hikaruchan
04-09-2003, 02:26 PM
I would have no problem with this. As long as it is at a different con and the majority of the audience is different crowd - shouldn't be an issue.

yayahan
04-09-2003, 04:40 PM
Considering that I have seen skits entirely reinacted for different cons before without people complaining, I think you will be just fine ^_^

Miaka No Baka
04-10-2003, 01:36 AM
ok cool ^_^ I just didn't want people thinking we were "ghetto" or something but yeah what makes it even better is we didn't win any awards at the first con it was performed at, now had we yeah I probably wouldn't think twice of entering the same skit again ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

supaaren
04-15-2003, 12:48 AM
The only problem you would have is if you've already won an award with the skit. :o

Miaka No Baka
04-15-2003, 12:50 AM
yeah we didn't win for performing that skit. I wouldn't dare consider performing the same skit if I had won, even if it was for craftsmanship or something ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

djmihoshi
04-19-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Miaka No Baka
ok cool ^_^ I just didn't want people thinking we were "ghetto" or something

Dude, no one's gonna think you're ghetto, unless you wear a trash bag with a post-it note that says "I'm Vash!!!" On it.

Anywhoo, yea, if you're performing at another con with a totally different audience, it shouldn't be a problem.