PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a gathering of sorts?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

NecromanticChii
03-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Future gatherings can be planned here!!

Gathering(s)!!!!!!!

Cosplay Ice Skating!!!
Date: Saturday Sept. 15th
Time: 5:30pm
401 Village Ave
Yorktown, VA 23693

zekitty
03-05-2007, 11:35 PM
I would certainly be up for it, but I won't be able to attend anything until mid April, when I'm home from college for a bit. ^-^;

dollssoulkirie
03-07-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm up for a gathering. As long as it doesn't conflict with work. XD;; (Which pretty much means just my days off & weekends -- since I work to either 3pm or 4 pm on the weekends.)

NecromanticChii
03-07-2007, 09:04 PM
So how about we try to see if any of our friends(who we know are into anime/ect..) would be interested.

We have time to actually look at everyone's scheduel, and plan accordingly, as well as where to meet, and what to do.

(I am not the best at setting things up, but I try..lol)

zekitty
03-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Scratch that, I'm home for the summer in April. :3 So anytime after that is fine. I live in Virginia Beach, so nothing too far away, ne...

NecromanticChii
03-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Since you have lived here a bit longer, than I. Do you have any suggestions of where it would be good to hold a gathering? I truely don't know many places around here.(lol)

fatalinjection
03-09-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm definitely interested~

stafffighter
03-10-2007, 07:53 AM
I may be up for a gathering. I have family in the VA beach area. Maybe I can ask them if they know any good meet up spots.

zekitty
03-10-2007, 09:47 AM
I've been away for quite some time, so my memory's a bit fuzzy... Are we looking for a park-ish place or what? I suggest Red Wing Park, where the Sakura Festival was held last year. There's a nice Japanese garden there for pictures and picnic tables. :3

dollssoulkirie
03-13-2007, 09:18 AM
I've been away for quite some time, so my memory's a bit fuzzy... Are we looking for a park-ish place or what? I suggest Red Wing Park, where the Sakura Festival was held last year. There's a nice Japanese garden there for pictures and picnic tables. :3

I've always wanted to go to Red Wing Park, because a friend of mine told me about the Japanese garden there. I just haven't been there yet. lol, especially with my friend, she wanted to do a little cosplay photoshoot there one day.

zekitty
03-14-2007, 12:11 AM
I've always wanted to go to Red Wing Park, because a friend of mine told me about the Japanese garden there. I just haven't been there yet. lol, especially with my friend, she wanted to do a little cosplay photoshoot there one day.

Sugoi! :D It really is a lovely garden. There's also a rose garden right nextdoor to it!

Anyone else up for it??

fatalinjection
03-14-2007, 12:12 AM
I want to go! That sounds gorgeous~

NecromanticChii
03-14-2007, 01:22 AM
It sounds good to me. I just found out that's not all that far from where I live. (lol)

zekitty
03-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Alrighty! I wonder if anyone else in the VCS is interested? Now that we have a place, we need a time. Like NecromanticChii said, it would be nice to pick a time that fits with everyone's schedules.

What time/day works for everyone? I won't be home until the third week of April, hopefully on the 16th. It may be too early to pick a date, ne? :x

dollssoulkirie
03-16-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm free only on Tuesdays and Fridays (my days off), and anytime around or after 4pm on Saturday and Sundays (I work either 7am-3pm or 8am-4pm on the weekends). :3 Wal-Mart's evil. lol.

Also, I'm not entirely sure when (if the gathering's gonna be a Tuesday or not), but April 20th might be my next doctor's appointment (besides this coming Tuesday) for my pregnancy date-thingie. So, depending on what time on that day, I might be free before or after the appointment.

SailorKagome
03-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Oooh, this sounds like fun! :) Will we be cosplaying? Or just in civvies?

zekitty
03-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Costume or civvies will be fine! :3 I might show up in a kimono unless I can get my Fuu kimono finished in time... Hope to see you there! :D

Anyone else up for it or have any schedule conditions/conflicts??

NecromanticChii
03-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Right now I don't have a job, so I am basically free anytime. >.<
Except; I won't be in town during Memorial day weekend, but I don't think we would wait that long.

I like the park that was mentioned, what about planning it ofr sometime, after the roses start to bloom? I thin the rose garden, and Japanese garden would be beautiful spots for pictures.

Would anyone like to make it a picnic type of thing? I know it sounds different, but it could be fun. If so, we would need to get somewhat of a head count, closer to whatever date we set. We could even plan things to do. (Ok now I just sound odd..lol)

zekitty
03-20-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm all for making it a picnic thing! :D I've been to a cosplay picnic before, and we had lots of fun taking pictures, listening to music, and gorging on yummy Japanese snacks. :D I'm not sure when the roses will be in bloom...it was pretty cold last year when I was there, so most of them were gone. ^-^;

An idea I've had is to have a theme to the gathering. At one point, I heard about a cosplay gathering that had a Naruto theme and the participants really seemed to be having a lot of fun. Does anyone feel up for doing a themed gathering?

bigwil
03-21-2007, 08:03 AM
Hmm..sounds interesting,so where's this red wing park place?..am I like the only guy here...lol
(Not complainin' at all)

NecromanticChii
03-21-2007, 12:42 PM
I'll drag my boyfriend along so you wont be the only guy. (If he has the day off from work..lol)

I wouldn't mind a theme. (Though I have no ideas for one...)

As for the picnic, the one you went to, Zekitty, how was it set up? Was it more of a potluck type of thing where eveyone brought one dish, or was it different? For the music idea(Which I like a lot) does anyone have a portable battery CD player(or something like a boombox.)?

zekitty
03-22-2007, 12:47 AM
As for the picnic, the one you went to, Zekitty, how was it set up? Was it more of a potluck type of thing where eveyone brought one dish, or was it different? For the music idea(Which I like a lot) does anyone have a portable battery CD player(or something like a boombox.)?

We basically made the guys stop at 7-11 and grab us some stuff like a styrofoam ice box (with ice to put in it), sodas, chips, sandwiches, etc. But this time I highly recommend a sort of "potluck" thingy to avoid financial burdens on one or two people. You wouldn't necessarily have to make a dish, just make/buy something small that can feed lots of ravenous cosplay enthusiasts. :D

If we get enough people, I'll be more than happy to make my barbeque meatball marinara! Slow-cooked in a crock pot, mmmz~!!

As for a theme, I might as well throw a suggestion out there... It's terribly typical these days, but how about Death Note? I'm currently on a Death Note spree, the likes of which I've never experienced before. o.o If anyone else has any suggestions, let us know! :D

bigwil
03-22-2007, 05:28 AM
hmm Video Game Fighters jamboree!

Pirates and Ninjas cookout!

Shonen jump-off!

BouXKanon
03-22-2007, 10:11 AM
I'd come down from Richmond, but I'd need a cemented in time and date and what not to even see if I could make it. Weekends are my best friend though, just not the weekend of the Sakura festival up in DC cause you best believe I'll be going to that hahahaha! I'll even bring friends down with me if you guys can get something worked out!!!

NecromanticChii
03-22-2007, 10:30 AM
A potluck sounds good. I knnow I can't financially take everything on, sinc I am still job hunting down here..lol

Death note sounds good, I do have a outfit which might work for Misa..lol (It was a 5min planning cosplay for Ohayocon last minute..lol)

As for a date, and time all we have had suggested is sometime in April. Plus tuesday or a friday, or anything after 3-4pm sat and sunday.
We need suggestions, and no time conflicts with me right now due to the no job thing.

We could even make it a half a day thing, or whatever. I am sure it'll last a while when we have it. You figure food, cosplays, friends..so yeah.

Ok, so Location is set.
What to do, ect.. is in the planning.(anyone have a favorite game they like to play?)
Time and date needed. (Any suggestions?)

BouXKanon
03-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Oh I so wanna cosplay L...but at the same time I cut my hair a certain way to mimic a J-Rocker >_< I lovey Death Note though.

For a date I say the weekend after the Sakura Festival, cause until then I think I am booked and it's gonna be closer to summer lol so I figure the later the weekend the warmer the weather maybe? Ok so my logic is a tad skewed...but whatever.

I think a whole day thing would be fine, do some photoshoot stuff, eat, play around like retards, take some video and do some skits, theres a ton of stuff to do if you think about it! We could even go the some mall and play around hahahaa!

Ok so Im calm now. Planning I like to do, even though I am not in VA Beach I can help!

NecromanticChii
03-22-2007, 11:39 AM
I am stupid, and new to VA. What date is the festival?

bigwil
03-22-2007, 02:25 PM
5pm...sunday....maybe 3:30-4pm pre-gather for those getting there early(especially the locals that can set stuff up(finding a spot and start the weirding out of the civvis)
.....end of thought process...

SailorKagome
03-23-2007, 01:22 AM
Must we come in theme? I don't read/cosplay Death Note (yet), and I already have my cosplay planned for the year :/ if I want to get a car, I can't afford to get another one in there (6 wigs! 6! ._.).

I was gonna wear my pretty, pretty Luna dress, once I finish it.

NecromanticChii
03-23-2007, 05:53 PM
You don't have to come in "Theme" cosplay, or even cosplay. If you want to come as a normal person, or a different cosplay it is just as fine. ^_~

Heck I have a misa costume, but I have others as well. ^_^

SailorKagome
03-24-2007, 10:15 AM
You don't have to come in "Theme" cosplay, or even cosplay. If you want to come as a normal person, or a different cosplay it is just as fine. ^_~

Heck I have a misa costume, but I have others as well. ^_^

Haha, I would never miss the chance to cosplay in public! :3 I'm definately wearing something... just wanted to make sure theme wasn't mandatory.

NecromanticChii
03-24-2007, 07:18 PM
I know the feeling. lol

So we have had only one theme suggested, it was Death Note. Do we have any more sugesstions? We could even have a vote to decide, if there arn't too meny sugesstions..lol

bigwil
03-25-2007, 01:31 AM
Well I just say free-for-all..since not all of can whip up a themed costume...unless u want a Light or L-a-thon...heh

NecromanticChii
03-26-2007, 01:40 PM
lol.

L was one of the most cosplayed characters at Ohayocon this year.(Sorry that just reminded me about it..lol)

BouXKanon
03-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Ok sorry I haven't said a word in a while!!!!
I say we do it the weekend after the sakura festival
That would mean it would be the Saturday/Sunday - April 21/22

If thats ok with everyone, vote saturday or sunday and lets cement the date at least.
As far as times go...lets try to make it semi early, while it's still warmer and brighter out. Like start around 1-2ish. Everyone vote on that too!!!

zekitty
03-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Yeah, there were lots of Ls and Lights at Katsucon, too. Boy, was I in heaven. o.o *huge L fan*

I vote for Saturday at 1pm. :D

NecromanticChii
03-27-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't mind the day. I vote to start it around 1pm, and run it for a while.(food, games, ect...) Hopefully it'll last a while.

>zeta<
03-28-2007, 06:11 PM
:0 i wonder if my mom will let me go....

bigwil
04-01-2007, 02:41 PM
So April 21 or 22 at 1pm..so anyone,times a ticking down...

zekitty
04-02-2007, 09:01 AM
April 22nd is Earth Day. :D I still vote for Saturday the 21st though, though. :x

NecromanticChii
04-03-2007, 07:08 PM
I think Saturday April 21st will work, since it is the only date which seems to be getting votes.

So: Red Wing Park, Saturday April 21st, at 1pm, until we all leave.(No set ending time.) A "pot luck" picnic.(everyone brings one dish/thing...we could even mae a list of who is bringing what.)

We need game ideas, and a battery operated boox box/cd player, if anyone wants music.I will also be bringing my Digi camera, to take photos. You can come in cosplay, or your regular clothes.

How does that sound?

zekitty
04-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Sounds spiffy! *thumbs up*

NecromanticChii
04-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Now to get the word out to people on Cosplay.com, and those who arn't on here.

zekitty
04-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Should someone post something in the Spam section, or do you think advertisement of this would be allowed elsewhere?

NecromanticChii
04-05-2007, 12:27 PM
I don't know what the rules on Cosplay.com are. I have never set anything up here, except for things during conventions.

If it is ok to do so I would say yeah we could put it somewhere.

Does anyone have any ideas for games?
In addition is anyone have an idea of what they might be bringing so we can start the list?

fatalinjection
04-09-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm still interested in going~ I can bake some chocolate chip cookies :D

bigwil
04-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Mmm..cookies..what to bring....So we have like (give or take) by responses 5-6 ppl...no biggie we'll have formed a cosplay gang for cons...and have met ppl outside of the hetic cons...

Tanuki-San
04-10-2007, 12:16 AM
^.~, i'll go too .. if it's open to anyone and everyone who's interested... has anyone ever tried fruit pizza O.o ?

NecromanticChii
04-10-2007, 07:46 PM
^.~, i'll go too .. if it's open to anyone and everyone who's interested... has anyone ever tried fruit pizza O.o ?

Yes it is open to anyone interested!!!!!
So cookies, and fruit pizza.

I haven't decided what to make yet.
Fruit pizza sounds fun and interesting.^_~ (It beats Papa Johns every night...XD)

Any game ideas?
And yeah I hope there might be a bit more people attending, but a group is a group..lol

zekitty
04-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Hurm... I don't know exactly what I'll be bringing. I could bring my yummy meatball stuff, but it requires that I bring bowls and forks for it, and that I lug around m crockpot. <.<; I'm not sure what I'll be bringing, but if worse comes to worse, I'll make wontons or something, hehe.

Tanuki-San
04-11-2007, 04:57 PM
^.^
ooooOOo...wontons are reeeally... Y U M

fatalinjection
04-11-2007, 04:58 PM
What is fruit pizza? o.o

Tanuki-San
04-11-2007, 05:29 PM
ahhhh... do i sense a modest amount of intrigue?
basically the ingredients are as follows:
instead of bread crust we use cookie crust, instead of cheese and tomatoe sauce ( and here's the part i run the risk of losing some intrigue and would be fans,) we mix together a tub of cool whip and a regular stick of cream cheese in a blender and spread it over the cookie cake. The next part is fun, so far we've whipped up a sweet cookie cream terrain and from the depths and far out reaches of our produce section come plummeting into the fray sliced and diced pieces of all the sweetest and best fruit pieces...like bananas, strawberries, kiwis, blueberries, and really whatever else anyone can imagine and suggest that would go well.
Hopefully i've done a fair job of explaining what it is made out of without disgusting anyone with that cream cheese part. trust me, it is really really really good.

fatalinjection
04-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Sounds fattening *_*;

Tanuki-San
04-11-2007, 05:43 PM
aww come on come on

fatalinjection
04-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Maybe I'll have a small piece :P

NecromanticChii
04-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Even at that it still sounds good. If you don't mind, could I get the recipie? ( I know a few people who would love it.)

Tanuki-San
04-11-2007, 08:31 PM
wellll, i don't exactly know allllll of the precise measurements, just the ingredients and the basic 'how to's" , but not to worry, i'm having mai mama help me cook it all up next week before the gathering, and i'll explain what i do know for sure..... which is basic cooking sheet.... bake a big cookie cake on the whole thing, then get a regular sized stick of cream cheese and a regular tub of cool whip, add them together in a tup-o-ware bowl and mix them together w/ an electric blender perferably ( iguess u can do it manually >.> as well....) , spread the creamy paste stuff all over the cookie crust, like a centinmeter or so thick i'm assuming, then you add on whatever topping you like, after rinsing off the fresh fruit first and foremost of course, (some people really are allergic to those stupid pesticides) you can just cut up strawberries , bananas, and kiwis, and whatever other sweet fruits you like and put them on top. finish it off with a marmalade topping of your choice and you got it...fruit pizza!!!! ^____^

bigwil
04-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Sooo.that's fruit pizza,not to appealing to meh still(just means more for everyone else)..what to bring..heh

hmm...maybe i'll do a martial arts performace

games...hmm,can't think of any at the moment cept(tag,touch football yeah,lol...red light,green light...simon says...old skool style son..heh)

zekitty
04-12-2007, 08:58 AM
As for games, I was thinking maybe some icebreakers. Not sure if you all are into that kind of stuff. ^-^; In drama we had lots of fun icebreakers, my favourite was Human Knot. Icebreakers are really fun and everyone gets to know each other. :3

NecromanticChii
04-12-2007, 10:19 AM
I have no clue what "Ice breaker" games are. (Sounds fun anyways.)

bigwil
04-12-2007, 07:01 PM
They're games that deal wit ice cubes and hammers...lol,Icebreakers as getting to know one another(real names,favorite anime,video games..etc)...through games...

zekitty
04-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Or just getting comfortable with one another, period. :3 For instance, one is called "Trust Circle" in which people stand in a circle around one person, who is in the center of the circle. The center person must lean/fall one way, and the people in the circle must gently catch him/her and shift the center person in another direction. It builds trust, especially for those shy people. :3

Any other suggestions out there? I've always wanted to see cosplay twister, but I think I'm the only person out there who believes twister doesn't have to be a sexual game. :x

NecromanticChii
04-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Does anyone like Frisbee (SP?)

I can't think of many games, which would be safe for cosplays. Although I will keep trying.

fatalinjection
04-16-2007, 07:57 PM
I suck at frisbee u_u; haha.

I'm gonna be pretty busy this week, so I decided I'll just buy something to take along...what would you guys like? Chips or anything?

And I'll be cosplaying as Matsumoto from bleach~ :D

NecromanticChii
04-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Is anyone a vegitarian?

As for weather, it looks like it should be a decent day. (Which makes me so glad it wasn't set for this past weekend..lol)

I kind of ran into a problem with my cosplays. Some I forgot parts of them in Ohio,the little kitten found the others.(Funny the closet is always closed. Still the expensive ones weren't touched.)
That being said, I don't know what cosplay I will be wearing..if I will have one.

Does anyone have a portable boom box, or something?
If nothing else we can all visit.

stafffighter
04-17-2007, 09:29 PM
:waaaah: Not sure if I can get there yet. My mom is using my car since hers in the shop. Schnikes....

zekitty
04-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Nope, I don't have a boombox... :( I've decided not to go in cosplay. I might wear a yukata or something, or maybe small random pieces of a cosplay...

I hope lots of people can make it!! It would suck to show up with no one else there. :x I probably won't be able to stay for too long, just a warning... But I do plan on bringing at least one friend with me. :3

fatalinjection
04-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I'm coming with a friend...if not too many people show up, though, it's a nice location to get cosplay pics ^_^

dollssoulkirie
04-18-2007, 02:06 AM
Kirby told me the date, so I'll see what I can do. I'm working till 4, but still don't know where Red Wing Park is. lol

As for cosplays and food, um, I really don't have a costume. I do have a few kimonos, but I'll probably be in work clothes, since I'll be going to the event after work. And for food, I'll see what I can bring. There's usually no food at my house, so there's really nothing for me to try whipping up. I do get paid on Thursday, so, there's a chance I can pick up some stuff and come up with something or just pick up a prepackage dish/tray from Wal-Mart.

NecromanticChii
04-18-2007, 12:32 PM
I hope the car issue gets worked out. As for anyone who is relitivly close, I might be able to pick you up, and drop you off. My boyfriend has to work, so that leaves room for 3 people. I don't have trunk space, for stuff, so I'll leave it at 3 people..lol

IM me on AIM-Mishikotoko, MSN-Amber_Shortridge@hotmail.com, or PM here. We can work something out.

I posted on my myspace for people, and I have been telling anyone I know about it.

As for Red Wing Park:
http://home.hamptonroads.com/funplaces/detail.cfm?placeID=484
1398 General Booth Boulevard
Virginia Beach VA They have a basketball court,Badminton area, Volleyball area and more, if anyone is interested.

zekitty
04-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Hello all.

There was an accident a couple days ago in which, through a strange series of events, a VHS tape from the top of my closet fell on my nose. Thankfully, it wasn't broken, but yesterday afternoon, I suddenly couldn't walk in a straight line. My dizziness got progressively worse as the day wore on, and this morning yields the same results, if not a little worse. My father is taking me to the doctor because I can't drive like this, and hopefully I'll be better by this weekend so I can go. :( Just giving everyone a heads up...

Wakusei
04-19-2007, 03:17 PM
I feel sorta bad now cause I can't go. I didn't see this until it was way too late to try. I gotta go to a performance of Peter Pan tomorow and then I'm meeting with a fellow pirate. I'll be there in spirit though.
Spread the Kaizoku Ai BigWil!
I shall see alot of you at AMA.

bigwil
04-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Spread the Kaizoku Ai BigWil!
I shall see alot of you at AMA.

Hai Hai! will do....

fatalinjection
04-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Soooo, how many people are actually going? >_>

stafffighter
04-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Doesn't look I can make it, they changed my hours at work and my mom's car is officially dead. Blast it.

See ya'll at AMA !!!(hopefully)

bigwil
04-20-2007, 03:05 AM
Doesn't look I can make it, they changed my hours at work and my mom's car is officially dead. Blast it.

See ya'll at AMA !!!(hopefully)

Awww..>_<!

Soooo, how many people are actually going? >_>
4-5 pplz..by the looks of things..<_<

fatalinjection
04-20-2007, 10:29 AM
4-5 pplz..by the looks of things..<_<

Probably shouldn't bring food, then, eh?

bigwil
04-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Probably shouldn't bring food, then, eh?

I suggest just bring something small.....:chatah:

NecromanticChii
04-20-2007, 07:37 PM
I am stillgoing to bring something. Probally something Filipino, due to eating the food all the time anymore..lol

Oh, and if Frank is right, he will be able to come for a while. So that should add at least one. I hope a few people bring friends, if not that's fine. At least we will get to meet one another either way you go about it.

The ride offer still stands. Just PM me. (I will check later tonight, and a few times in the morning.)

I have a 9 games set, but it is a bit more for young children, I might buy a few badminton raquets, ect... for tomarrow though. ^_~

fatalinjection
04-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Well, I'll see you all tomorrow. :) Like I said, if nothing else, I can just get cosplay pics at a nice location ^_^ But since it seems there is only going to be 4 or 5 people, I don't think I'll bring anything to eat, lol. :\ Have a feeling this thing won't last long...wish we coulda got more people :(

fatalinjection
04-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Had tons of fun with you guys today, even if I did whip your butts in badminton! ^_^ (Shhh...you know I did >_>) Can't wait to see the pics! :D

NecromanticChii
04-21-2007, 07:31 PM
It was fun, maybe we could have another with a bigger turnout. (Although I had a fun time playing badminton, and talking..lol) I am feeling the badminton a bit..lol

I will have pictures up as soon as get the software on my computer again for my camera.

fatalinjection
04-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Yeah, maybe planning something further in advance would work to getting a bigger turnout. :)

And you should install that software soon! I want to see the badminton vids, lol! XD

fatalinjection
04-21-2007, 08:43 PM
I got the pics of me & others up in my gallery, but here are the random others that my friend took if anyone wants them ^_^

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/dynamically/bleach/Dsc00174.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/dynamically/bleach/Dsc00168.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/dynamically/bleach/Dsc00166.jpg

bigwil
04-21-2007, 10:36 PM
I got the pics of me & others up in my gallery, but here are the random others that my friend took if anyone wants them ^_^

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/dynamically/bleach/Dsc00174.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/dynamically/bleach/Dsc00168.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/dynamically/bleach/Dsc00166.jpg

You know yall want a pix of meh..lol

My pix!
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v408/BigWilArtist/vcs%20gathering/

Tanuki-San
04-22-2007, 12:56 AM
i thought it was great and i definately had a good time, it was even worth the 2 hour drive out there *.*... love the pics o'course. can't wait to see u guys again in june, or like maybe before then T.T ...

fatalinjection
04-22-2007, 12:57 AM
Maybe we should all plan something else small before June ^_^ Like going to see a movie & going to a Japanese restaurant or something of the sort~

stafffighter
04-22-2007, 01:10 AM
I'm really sorry I missed out, blasted job related responsibility.

I would totally be up for another get together, that way I can put in for the day off.

NecromanticChii
04-22-2007, 11:35 AM
I am up for another one.
(Oh, and buying new software.lol)

fatalinjection
04-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Well, do you guys want to plan for another one sometime soon? ^_^

SailorKagome
04-23-2007, 02:22 AM
I hope we do another one! Hopefully I won't have to work this time :/

fatalinjection
04-23-2007, 11:29 AM
What does everyone think about going to a Japanese restaurant? I know there's a nice one called Kyoto Steak House in Greenbrier, and it's right across from the mall, so we could always walk around there afterwards...

NecromanticChii
04-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Sounds fine to me, now when were you thinking of having it?

fatalinjection
04-23-2007, 03:38 PM
On a weekend, most likely...whichever one is best for everyone? >.>

NecromanticChii
04-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Once again I have no plans, except I am out of town memorial day weekend.

Oh, and I am currently uploading the pics right now. (Just due to having other pictures/videos on the camera, it is at 8/110 currently.)

Tanuki-San
04-23-2007, 04:05 PM
u took that many pics, wow

fatalinjection
04-23-2007, 04:07 PM
I know that saturdays seem to be best for a lot of people, so maybe on a saturday again? >_>

NecromanticChii
04-23-2007, 04:11 PM
u took that many pics, wow

No, I hadn't cleaned my camera since last august, or november, so I have a lot of random pics.

Oh, I edited the first post for this thread, so as information comes, I can add it, so people don't have to hunt for the information.

fatalinjection
04-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh, thanks ^_^ that makes it convenient!

(Oh, and when you get the pictures & stuff off of your camera...can you upload the video to like...yousendit or sendspace or something like that, too? XD I just want to save it on my computer, lol)

Kikyana
04-23-2007, 05:19 PM
A gathering sounds like it could be fun~
I'd like to come if that's okay =o!
But I'm not sure where Greenbrier is...
I live a little ways north of Richmond...

NecromanticChii
04-23-2007, 07:05 PM
good news, and horrible news. The bad news is all of the pictures on my camera disk got corrupted. ( I have no clue how, but it sucks due to me having so many pictures from the past on it.)

The good news is the video I took for a few seconds survived, since it was on my internal HD, and not the memory disk.

Right now I am trying to see if I can save any of the pictures I had on my camera.

Sorry everyone.

fatalinjection
04-23-2007, 07:31 PM
good news, and horrible news. The bad news is all of the pictures on my camera disk got corrupted. ( I have no clue how, but it sucks due to me having so many pictures from the past on it.)

The good news is the video I took for a few seconds survived, since it was on my internal HD, and not the memory disk.

Right now I am trying to see if I can save any of the pictures I had on my camera.

Sorry everyone.

Awwww ;__;

Tanuki-San
04-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Awwww ;__;

yeah, that's too bad : ( You can never really get enough cosplay pics, just the ones we do have keep me entertained, i've got one of my favorites as my BG of course.

Anyways, I was thinking since there are bound to be some other Con-Goers or just people in general around here that are like minded that we shouldn't limit ourselves to planning one gathering at a time, I'd like to have one somewhere near Richmond too, but I'll wait and see what kind of response i get, ;_; everyone's coming up here for the con anyways, plus there are a few killer parks that would be worth the trip anyways. For instance... Maymont Park has beautiful gardens that with bamboo and waterfalls and stepping stones through a pond full of giant killer errr i mean just giant goldfish that are pretty. I'd like to get together there, anyone else up for it? We could go in costume, and take more pictures, and another good thing about maymont is that they have different regions within the park that have their own themes, i've already mentioned the japanese gardens (or chinese, could be, not important and i'm not ignorant i just don't recall exactly what they're called) they also have an aquarium, lots of birds, farm, animals, bears, foxeees, and big Magnolia trees perfect for taking pictures in.

Please consider it, it's not that long of a drive you know, i drove all the way down there in less than 2 hours and it was totally worth it. And if there's anyone around Richmond reading this that's up for it , lemme know, lets pick a date...

fatalinjection
04-23-2007, 10:33 PM
I've seen pictures of maymont park, it's really pretty. Any gathering that isn't super-close to here, though, I'd have to miss out on, since I don't drive and I can only convince amanda to be dragged along so many times, lol. But I bet you'd all have tons of fun there ^__^

BouXKanon
04-24-2007, 09:24 AM
If we have one in Richmond I will be there because thats where I live, and since my schedule is all sorts of messed up right now planning in advance is good. I am so mad i had to miss the one in VA Beach last weekend, but I had no gas, no money and a friend was supposed to come into town and then I got bailed on.

Maymont park is lovely. I take pics there all the time, and a whole cosplay party would be so much fun. There was already one being planned for a little cosplay group we have around here, but no one can really plan too well, so I gave up on it for the time being. If you all want to do one here, I will be more than willing to help in any way I can.

NecromanticChii
04-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Well far away or close, all it takes for me is advanced notice.

This is an idea, maybe one which is far out, and odd, but it seems likt it could be fun.

How about all of us attending a theme park, such as King's Dominion, or Bush Gardens? In cosplay or not, but more or less just a fun thing for everyone to do together. King's Dominion has a water Park to it, as well as rides, for anyone like me who doesn't really like rollarcoasters much. (Although I have rode a few there)

We can always plan a lot of gatherings in different places at different times, I can just keep the front page updated with information for all of them. That way if someone can't make it to one, they can plan on another.

fatalinjection
04-24-2007, 11:46 AM
I like Busch Gardens a ton, but one day passes and season passes cost a ton *_*; Probably the same with King's Dominion, though I've never been there. I've been trying to convince my dad to buy me a BG seasons pass and let me pay him back 9_9 like he did with my other siblings...but that'd be awesome if we could go XD Though...I'm a rollercoaster freak >.> though I guess the less...intense rides are okay, too u_u BG has this freakin' awesome roller coaster they're getting ready to open that has like...a 90 degrees straight drop, and I saw them testing it last time I went, and aldjfaldskf *____*

Nekko
04-24-2007, 01:36 PM
I have no problem getting to KD but have never been to BG.

stafffighter
04-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Been to KD a few time and I have enjoyed it, but any type of gathering is cool with me, just need a least a week or so in advance to put in my time off requests.

NecromanticChii
04-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Does anyone have a place they want to go, and hold a meeting at?
Any dates/times?

The earlier things are set, the more time everyone has to plan for it.

Places suggested:
Maymont Park
KyotoSteak House at Greenbrier
King's Dominion/Bush Gardens

stafffighter
04-24-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm thinking after Mother's Day would be better for me, since the pre-holiday days are kinda hectic.

fatalinjection
04-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Anytimes are good for me...though it seems saturdays are easiest for everyone.

Nekko
04-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Im going to my nieces Ballet recital on mothers day....

dollssoulkirie
04-25-2007, 11:34 AM
For Kyoto, we need someone to check the store hours. I know they're only open certain times, so, we should check on that sometime soon.

I guess theme parks are okay... I have the little problem of being pregnant, so I can't ride any of the rides (*really upset about that~ being a rollarcoaster lover*), so all I can do is like walk around and lose some of the "unexpected" weight I gained in the months. lol

A weekend works best for Busch Gardens/King's Dominion (Kirby, I'll cover you, if I'm paid around then). :3 But I won't be able to go to any of the parks till like after work on the weekends (which is after 4pm). So, I'll have to meet up with everyone then.

NecromanticChii
04-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Anyone have any ideas of dates?

Nekko
04-25-2007, 12:16 PM
I guess theme parks are okay... I have the little problem of being pregnant, so I can't ride any of the rides (*really upset about that~ being a rollarcoaster lover*), so all I can do is like walk around and lose some of the "unexpected" weight I gained in the months. lol

Pregnacy and boobs are just another cosplay accesory.

bigwil
04-25-2007, 12:56 PM
I basically down for the kyoto thing...maybe BG

fatalinjection
04-25-2007, 02:18 PM
For Kyoto, we need someone to check the store hours. I know they're only open certain times, so, we should check on that sometime soon.

A weekend works best for Busch Gardens/King's Dominion (Kirby, I'll cover you, if I'm paid around then). :3 But I won't be able to go to any of the parks till like after work on the weekends (which is after 4pm). So, I'll have to meet up with everyone then.

Aww, thanks, Aunna ^_^ I'm trying to convince my dad to just get me a season pass...we'll see how that goes >_>

For Kyoto, I know they're just not open for lunch on some days, and I believe they close at 6 on sundays (maybe?), but as for Saturday, I know they're open until at least 10.

spanner
04-26-2007, 11:43 PM
lurking lurking lurking but Kirby w/e you know all you have to do is ask me D:

Besides, I would love to get a chance to do a really nice photo shoot with whomever would be into it.

fatalinjection
04-26-2007, 11:46 PM
lurking lurking lurking but Kirby w/e you know all you have to do is ask me D:

Besides, I would love to get a chance to do a really nice photo shoot with whomever would be into it.

LOL AMANDA I WAS TRYING TO HELP YOU MAINTAIN YOUR DIGNITY SO YOU COULD KEEP UP THE FACADE THAT I 'DRAGGED' YOU >:| DON'T SCREW IT UP

spanner
04-27-2007, 12:10 PM
LOL AMANDA I WAS TRYING TO HELP YOU MAINTAIN YOUR DIGNITY SO YOU COULD KEEP UP THE FACADE THAT I 'DRAGGED' YOU >:| DON'T SCREW IT UP

I think it was too late for that since I went as L-kun~~~~

Besides, I never said I'd cosplay at the next one, just that I'd take MOAR BETTAR pictures

NecromanticChii
04-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Everyone right now I might be on cosplay.com randomly. Yesterday my mom went into the hospital in Ohio. So I might be driving there, if I find the $ for gas.

Just a heads up.

fatalinjection
04-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Oh no D: Good luck! Hope she's doing alright...

Lumasnati
04-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Wow. A KD get together would be awesome. :3 Can I join?

Nekko
04-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Do you have pocky?

Lumasnati
04-28-2007, 09:25 PM
:3 I ALWAYS have pocky. -has like.. 4 boxes nearby- XDD

fatalinjection
04-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Well, Owlwoods, Tanuki-san and I checked out Maymont the other day (and took pictures XD) and it really is quite gorgeous! (Though a bit crowded >.>) (...and too many hills to walk up T_T;) We should maybe definitely plan a get-together there sometime! It's a bit of a drive from hampton roads, but it's definitely worth it. I mean, come on..there is a WATERFALL *_*

NecromanticChii
04-30-2007, 12:59 PM
everyone is welcome to come to the meetups. ^_^

She is ok, they still won't release her.

Lumasnati
04-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Where is it?

fatalinjection
04-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Maymont is in Richmond ^^

spanner
05-01-2007, 09:26 AM
that's why when we go back it's during the week... so those little brats are in school. hopefully NOT on a fieldtrip HA HA HA

NecromanticChii
05-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Where is it?

One is planned for Maymont Park, in Richmond. Another is planned for Kyoto Steakhouse at Greebrier.

HitsugayaTaicho
05-10-2007, 12:47 AM
So, just a recap in case I missed it. Just finishing off work so I'm not all there. Are dates set for the meetings? I'll have to see what days I have off of work and get directions to drive there from Hampton. Shouldn't be too difficult.

fatalinjection
05-10-2007, 12:53 AM
So, just a recap in case I missed it. Just finishing off work so I'm not all there. Are dates set for the meetings? I'll have to see what days I have off of work and get directions to drive there from Hampton. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Nope, no dates are set for anything yet :\ I personally would only be able to attend the Kyoto steak house one and possibly the Maymount one, but no one has decided on dates yet T_T

Nekko
05-10-2007, 09:04 AM
I can go to maymont but I don't know where Kyoto steakhouse is.

HitsugayaTaicho
05-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Maymont Park looks amazing. I'm tempted to just go there in advance and see the place. As long as I have about two weeks advance notice, I can often request a day off in my schedule. So, its not too tough for me to work out a time there unless the notice is too short. The weather is starting to get nice out again. I wonder if I'll get pulled over for wearing cosplay while driving. o.o;

spanner
05-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Maymont Park looks amazing. I'm tempted to just go there in advance and see the place. As long as I have about two weeks advance notice, I can often request a day off in my schedule. So, its not too tough for me to work out a time there unless the notice is too short. The weather is starting to get nice out again. I wonder if I'll get pulled over for wearing cosplay while driving. o.o;

Maymont Park is like the greatest park in Virginia that I've seen. There are so many freaking amazing spots for pictures it's borderline ridiculous. There are WAY TOO MANY hills though lololol.

fatalinjection
05-10-2007, 02:41 PM

It really is amazing ^_^ Owlwoods & I drove 2 hours there just to get pics >_> But it was pretty crowded that day (a saturday), I'd love to go back on a weekday. You make a reall great Hitsugaya, if that's you in your avatar! I'd love to get pictures with you sometime :D And yeah, I felt really awkward wearing cosplay while we drove up there >.> Luckily I didn't get TOO many weird looks...

spanner
05-10-2007, 02:44 PM
I felt really awkward wearing cosplay while we drove up there >.> Luckily I didn't get TOO many weird looks...

I think you got more weird looks in the park rather than driving.

.........KARATE?!

Besides, I don't think they'd pull anyone over for wearing cosplay in their car... I mean unless you were doing something otherwise illegal and brandishing a sword or something.

fatalinjection
05-10-2007, 02:47 PM
I think you got more weird looks in the park rather than driving.

.........KARATE?!

Besides, I don't think they'd pull anyone over for wearing cosplay in their car... I mean unless you were doing something otherwise illegal and brandishing a sword or something.

Yeah...and what did that woman ask us? If we were filming a movie? >.>

spanner
05-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeah...and what did that woman ask us? If we were filming a movie? >.>

Yeah and gosh... we were given away so easily. Well, you guys where, I was just an innocent normally clothed person. It would've worked out so well had someone not said O YA WE R DRESSED LAK OOR FAVRITE CARTUN CARAKTURS.

I suppose it's better than that lady who filmed us at the first "magic: the gathering". Still, I wish I went to ask her what she planned on doing with it... and possibly for a copy.

fatalinjection
05-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah and gosh... we were given away so easily. Well, you guys where, I was just an innocent normally clothed person. It would've worked out so well had someone not said O YA WE R DRESSED LAK OOR FAVRITE CARTUN CARAKTURS.

I suppose it's better than that lady who filmed us at the first "magic: the gathering". Still, I wish I went to ask her what she planned on doing with it... and possibly for a copy.

YES. DAMN HIM. U_U

ROFL omg I know...I wish she'd put it on youtube.

spanner
05-10-2007, 02:56 PM
YES. DAMN HIM. U_U

ROFL omg I know...I wish she'd put it on youtube.

For all we know, it may be there.... with like 30,000 views and comments how how retarded we all are... u.u;

Nekko
05-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Nope, couldn't find it. Found a lot of nerdy asian guys though.....

fatalinjection
05-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Nope, couldn't find it. Found a lot of nerdy asian guys though.....

Damn u_u That's probably a good thing, though..I wouldn't want to be e-famous for being a badminton-playing cosplayer, LOL.

Nekko
05-10-2007, 03:38 PM

Im sorry for double posting but that just made me snort cola out my nose, god that hirts too... neah... :crest:

spanner
05-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Im sorry for double posting but that just made me snort cola out my nose, god that hirts too... neah... :crest:

LMAO yessssss :cool: my work here is done.

Nekko
05-10-2007, 03:54 PM
I could probably repair that Temari cosplay for you. Are the seams loose or somthing?

fatalinjection
05-10-2007, 03:57 PM
I could probably repair that Temari cosplay for you. Are the seams loose or somthing?

No, the whole thing is just put together very shoddily, and the skirt is waaay too long & she messed up the zipper and x_x the fan is crap, and I sold the wig, haha. But thanks anyways =B You're so nice, lol.

stafffighter
05-10-2007, 05:53 PM
I highly support the Maymont idea.

It seems we have a where, just no when yet. Still have to figure out how to get there.

fatalinjection
05-10-2007, 05:55 PM
I highly support the Maymont idea.

It seems we have a where, just no when yet. Still have to figure out how to get there.

Yeah, how far away from Richmond is Charlottesville? o.o

NecromanticChii
05-10-2007, 06:33 PM
So anyone have a date/time for the Maymont park gathering? (And directions?????) Or any information you would like me to post on the first page?

In addition would anyone still be interested in attending a gathering at Kyoto Steak House at Greenbrier Parkway?

Anyone have any suggestions?

stafffighter
05-10-2007, 06:35 PM
About 70 miles. About an hour and a half.

fatalinjection
05-10-2007, 06:36 PM
So anyone have a date/time for the Maymont park gathering? (And directions?????) Or any information you would like me to post on the first page?

In addition would anyone still be interested in attending a gathering at Kyoto Steak House at Greenbrier Parkway?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Well, do you guys wanna go on a weekday or a weekend? We can set a date about 2 weeks from now? I probably won't cosplay again, since I don't actually have my costume here >.> and I got hot pretty easily walking around there in that things, so it doesn't matter to me if it's on a weekday or weekend.

I'd still be interested in Kyoto XD I am always up for food u_u;;;

fatalinjection
05-10-2007, 06:37 PM
About 70 miles. About an hour and a half.

Oh, yeah, that's about the same amount for me (though coming from a different direction). It's not too bad of a drive.

spanner
05-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Well, do you guys wanna go on a weekday or a weekend? We can set a date about 2 weeks from now? I probably won't cosplay again, since I don't actually have my costume here >.> and I got hot pretty easily walking around there in that things, so it doesn't matter to me if it's on a weekday or weekend.

I'd still be interested in Kyoto XD I am always up for food u_u;;;

I won't cosplay either, because LOLOL still not comfortable walking around in it. Plus, it's coming up on summer time and no thanks, it's too hot to be wearing that crap. But, official photographer at your service.

Also, if Maymont is the next one, I can fit more people in my car than just me and fatal lolol. So long as you're on the way, anyhow. I'm too lazy to go out of my way AND I can get us back there now that I know where it is. XD

Nekko
05-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Thats wierd, CloakedSceamer usually gets good reviews.

Take a full picture so I can see it. If I can repair it could I buy it from you? What size is it anyways?

fatalinjection
05-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Thats wierd, CloakedSceamer usually gets good reviews.

Take a full picture so I can see it. If I can repair it could I buy it from you? What size is it anyways?

That's what I thought, too, but after I bought it, I heard from a bunch of people that her stuff is really sloppy close-up, and...yeah. She was really nice about it, though, but, still. I would have preferred a mean seller and a nice costume, lol.

I have a full picture somewhere around here, but I sewed the top of the skirt to try to make it shorter (she sent me like, a mid-calf length one to replace it o_O since she lied about the measurements on the one I actually bought from her), but that could easily be ripped out. As for size...I'd have to look at my measurements, but it's somewhere around 38-28 (? maybe? I totally forgot my waist measurement...)-41...

Nekko
05-10-2007, 07:49 PM
You might have a bigger bust than me jugging by your Matsumoto piccies but our waists look the same size. How much would you part with it first?

(Im totally awful with patterns but since I would have a guide with an already cut costume Im sure I could manage it) X_x

fatalinjection
05-10-2007, 07:52 PM
You might have a bigger bust than me jugging by your Matsumoto piccies but our waists look the same size. How much would you part with it first?

(Im totally awful with patterns but since I would have a guide with an already cut costume Im sure I could manage it) X_x

Yeah, one of my big problems with it was the shirt was pretty small on me, bust-wise, so that would work out. I'd part with it for like $15 plus shipping, which would probably be like $5. Well, that's without the fan, since that makes the shipping go up x_x But there's only one of the fishnet things, the other one she sent was ripped ~_~;

Nekko
05-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Since we are both going to maymont and ama why don't you bring it with you? Ill pay for the fan too if you don't want it. how about... 35 dollars?

fatalinjection
05-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Since we are both going to maymont and ama why don't you bring it with you? Ill pay for the fan too if you don't want it. how about... 35 dollars?

Ah, 35 is too much, especially without shipping XD Say, $20, total? I'll try to rip the stitches that I did in the skirt, since it didn't work, haha. I have a full-body pic somewhere, too, I'll PM you with it if I can find it...

Nekko
05-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Alright then 20 it is. I just threw 35 because you did pay for the costume, I guess ill never order from her.

fatalinjection
05-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Alright then 20 it is. I just threw 35 because you did pay for the costume, I guess ill never order from her.

PMed you :)

NecromanticChii
05-10-2007, 10:52 PM
o.0
Ok so in one post, please put the date, time, directions(Or adress of it so people can look up the directions.) also a place within the park to meet, and anything else you feel needs to be said about the gathering at Maymont park. Please?

As for Kyoto, any suggestions?
Any other gathering suggestions?
Any day/time/location for an AMA gathering?

Oh, and weekdays are off limits for me now, I start my new job monday.(I need to watch the car too started it up yesterday and I think I need to fix it again.)

bigwil
05-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Well it seem like probably round the time of maymont..I'll be hitting up AZ...

fatalinjection
05-10-2007, 10:55 PM
o.0
Ok so in one post, please put the date, time, directions(Or adress of it so people can look up the directions.) also a place within the park to meet, and anything else you feel needs to be said about the gathering at Maymont park. Please?

As for Kyoto, any suggestions?
Any other gathering suggestions?
Any day/time/location for an AMA gathering?

Oh, and weekdays are off limits for me now, I start my new job monday.

I'll put that info about Maymont & Kyoto as soon as people decide on it...:\

HitsugayaTaicho
05-10-2007, 11:27 PM
It really is amazing ^_^ Owlwoods & I drove 2 hours there just to get pics >_> But it was pretty crowded that day (a saturday), I'd love to go back on a weekday. You make a reall great Hitsugaya, if that's you in your avatar! I'd love to get pictures with you sometime :D And yeah, I felt really awkward wearing cosplay while we drove up there >.> Luckily I didn't get TOO many weird looks...

Yeah, thats me at Anime Boston 2007. I'm working on the wig again and waiting for my friend to mail me back my Hyourinmaru since the airport wouldn't really like me taking a sword on board. Even if its not a real blade.

I'll be able to get to Maymont Park just about any day as long as I have notification in advance. How much time would everyone need to be able to set up a meeting there? Minimum for me is two weeks.

fatalinjection
05-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Yeah, thats me at Anime Boston 2007. I'm working on the wig again and waiting for my friend to mail me back my Hyourinmaru since the airport wouldn't really like me taking a sword on board. Even if its not a real blade.

I'll be able to get to Maymont Park just about any day as long as I have notification in advance. How much time would everyone need to be able to set up a meeting there? Minimum for me is two weeks.

Oh, wow, great costume ^^ You make a very hot Hitsugaya ;D

I think staffighter mentioned needing only one week in advance.

Nekko
05-10-2007, 11:35 PM
I need a week too cause I work, all the time...

dollssoulkirie
05-11-2007, 12:03 AM
If I'm gonna tag along on any of the gatherings, I need 3 weeks in advance, so that I can request the days off. (Wal-Mart policy sucks. >.>) Or~~~ I'll just call out and get in trouble. XD

HitsugayaTaicho
05-11-2007, 04:26 AM
Oh, wow, great costume ^^ You make a very hot Hitsugaya ;D

I think staffighter mentioned needing only one week in advance.

Why thank you ^.^ I'm adding lots more detail for Anime Boston 2008. Going to have to drive up there this time since there is no way I'll be able to get my bankai up there in anything aside from my car. Shipping would cost as much as gas.

I try to check the forums for updates as often as possible. Though, if I miss something, or anyone just feels like having a conversation that may include random insanity, my aim and msn are running whenever my computer is. So feel free to drop a line!

stafffighter
05-11-2007, 01:10 PM
As mentioned before, a week or more is ideal for me. The best days for me are Tuesdays after 2, Wednesday, and Sunday.

spanner
05-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Why thank you ^.^ I'm adding lots more detail for Anime Boston 2008. Going to have to drive up there this time since there is no way I'll be able to get my bankai up there in anything aside from my car. Shipping would cost as much as gas.

I try to check the forums for updates as often as possible. Though, if I miss something, or anyone just feels like having a conversation that may include random insanity, my aim and msn are running whenever my computer is. So feel free to drop a line!

Can I just say how awesome I think it is that you're aiming for Hitsu's bankai. I will want to see this in person.

fatalinjection
05-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Can I just say how awesome I think it is that you're aiming for Hitsu's bankai. I will want to see this in person.

LOL why did I know that as soon as I read that he was doing bankai, I was like ahahaha owlwoods will love that XD

spanner
05-11-2007, 02:21 PM
LOL why did I know that as soon as I read that he was doing bankai, I was like ahahaha owlwoods will love that XD

u__u;; I can't help it okay! Gosh. You know Hitsu brings out my inner Ukitake >.>

NiceGai44
05-11-2007, 02:24 PM
I wouldnt mind coming down and visiting you guys.

fatalinjection
05-11-2007, 02:24 PM
I wouldnt mind coming down and visiting you guys.

You should! How far away are ya? :O

spanner
05-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah Lets Party~~

NiceGai44
05-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Prob about 1 hour and a half away. My car is in the shop but when I get it out its def party time.

fatalinjection
05-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Prob about 1 hour and a half away. My car is in the shop but when I get it out its def party time.

Hell yeah :D

HitsugayaTaicho
05-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Well, is everyone free for some time in June maybe? It would be fun to go somewhere and watch the 4th of July fireworks too, but I can almost guarantee I'll be working that day >.>

fatalinjection
05-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Well, is everyone free for some time in June maybe? It would be fun to go somewhere and watch the 4th of July fireworks too, but I can almost guarantee I'll be working that day >.>

I may be up for sometime in June, as long as it's not on the weekend of AMA :)

NiceGai44
05-11-2007, 04:28 PM
My Birthday is the first weekend of June I dont know what I am doing yet.

fatalinjection
05-11-2007, 04:29 PM
My Birthday is the first weekend of June I dont know what I am doing yet.

Happy early birthday ^_^ lol

HitsugayaTaicho
05-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Well, June 1st through the 3rd is the first weekend. Not sure if thats too soon for some. Maybe the second weekend in June, if that gives everyone enough time in advance

fatalinjection
05-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Well, June 1st through the 3rd is the first weekend. Not sure if thats too soon for some. Maybe the second weekend in June, if that gives everyone enough time in advance

Second week sounds good to me!

HitsugayaTaicho
05-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Now its just a question of what day? I assume most need it to be a weekend. Of course, its open for suggestion of what day to have it. Its easier for me on the weekends, but not impossible on weekdays.

fatalinjection
05-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Now its just a question of what day? I assume most need it to be a weekend. Of course, its open for suggestion of what day to have it. Its easier for me on the weekends, but not impossible on weekdays.

How about a Sunday? ^^ Stafffighter said that was one of her easiest days, and I think it's the same way for BigWil, I have no preferences as to what day, and it's easier for you on a weekend.

spanner
05-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Sunday the 10?

HitsugayaTaicho
05-11-2007, 06:21 PM
So, does Sunday June 10th work for everyone?

fatalinjection
05-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Sunday the 10?

Works for me!

NecromanticChii
05-11-2007, 06:58 PM
I'll put that info about Maymont & Kyoto as soon as people decide on it...:\

Sounds like a plan. ^_^
I updated the first post with some information.(We just need a bit more.)

stafffighter
05-11-2007, 07:19 PM
I think I can manage that. I'll try and hop a bus over and spend the day in Richmond.

HitsugayaTaicho
05-11-2007, 10:01 PM
So, I assume Maymont park has an opening and closing time. Anyone know what it is for Sundays? If people have the time, maybe just have Maymont and the dinner on the same day. One after the other.

I think I can manage that. I'll try and hop a bus over and spend the day in Richmond.

Where are you coming from? If people need a way to get there, I can try to pick some people up.

fatalinjection
05-11-2007, 10:02 PM
So, I assume Maymont park has an opening and closing time. Anyone know what it is for Sundays? If people have the time, maybe just have Maymont and the dinner on the same day. One after the other.

Where are you coming from? If people need a way to get there, I can try to pick some people up.

I believe it closes at 7.

And the dinner we were planning is two hours away, here in hampton roads :P So that probably wouldn't work. Though we could probably find a nice japanese place in Richmond! I know there was one I went to last year during AMA.

spanner
05-11-2007, 10:03 PM
actually let's just forget i posted all together.

fatalinjection
05-11-2007, 10:11 PM
actually let's just forget i posted all together.

lmao don't h8 'cause I beat you :>

spanner
05-11-2007, 10:19 PM
lmao don't h8 'cause I beat you :>

o fail :bigcry:

HitsugayaTaicho
05-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Well, I'm willing to get out there early for the meeting. Hopefully the weather is nice. If not, maybe set up a backup meeting date for the following Sunday.

fatalinjection
05-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Well, I'm willing to get out there early for the meeting. Hopefully the weather is nice. If not, maybe set up a backup meeting date for the following Sunday.

The following Sunday is AMA, I think XD But if the weather's bad, we could all still go to eat :O

spanner
05-11-2007, 10:28 PM
The following Sunday is AMA, I think XD But if the weather's bad, we could all still go to eat :O

Yeah it is.

Hahahaha... I think you're more interested in going to eat than the park.

fatalinjection
05-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Yeah it is.

Hahahaha... I think you're more interested in going to eat than the park.

>.> Maaaaybe. I can't help that I love to eat! >:

spanner
05-11-2007, 10:32 PM
>.> Maaaaybe. I can't help that I love to eat! >:

I'd prefer going out to eat but lol once a fat kid, always a fat kid. Besides, it's so freaking hot out. But w/e as long as we're not traipsing around uphill again, I suppose it won't be so bad

fatalinjection
05-11-2007, 10:34 PM
I'd prefer going out to eat but lol once a fat kid, always a fat kid. Besides, it's so freaking hot out. But w/e as long as we're not traipsing around uphill again, I suppose it won't be so bad

Yeah...and there's no chance that I'll be in costume again since I don't have it T_T; which will make it less hot for me...maybe I'll try my hand at taking pictures. Or eating.

spanner
05-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah...and there's no chance that I'll be in costume again since I don't have it T_T; which will make it less hot for me...maybe I'll try my hand at taking pictures. Or eating.

Yeah I wouldn't mind taking picture of the actual park this time other than the one I got of the waterfall last time lol. w/e w/e anything to get out of Suffolk for a while.

stafffighter
05-11-2007, 10:53 PM

I'm in Charlottesville. If anyone is coming in from that direction, I'd gladly help with gas and such.:)

NecromanticChii
05-12-2007, 08:08 PM
I think the dinner after the meet up would be nice. (It also allows for somthing to happen even if there is unfavorable weather.)

All I can say to this one, is you need to find a place open on sunday, and make sure you don't have to have reservations to get in.(Better sure, than left with no place to eat. XP)

I can add that to the front page, as soon as it is decided.

As for Kyoto, anyone have a date in mind?

HitsugayaTaicho
05-13-2007, 01:14 AM
I think the dinner after the meet up would be nice. (It also allows for somthing to happen even if there is unfavorable weather.)

All I can say to this one, is you need to find a place open on sunday, and make sure you don't have to have reservations to get in.(Better sure, than left with no place to eat. XP)

I can add that to the front page, as soon as it is decided.

As for Kyoto, anyone have a date in mind?

Well, apparently that restaurant is right here in Hampton. I've been here for almost three years now and I have never seen it. Then again, there isn't much I've seen while here in Virginia. I tend to have to drive pretty far out to do anything entertaining. Maybe I'll go bowling in Cosplay! *Slips in shinigami sandals and flies down the lane*.... *STRIKE!*:bigtu:

Lumasnati
05-13-2007, 08:03 AM
-reads through the thread and smiles- This sounds like so much fun. I can hopefully bring Byakko with me. It may be his first debut if I can make it or he is finished by then.

fatalinjection
05-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Well, apparently that restaurant is right here in Hampton. I've been here for almost three years now and I have never seen it. Then again, there isn't much I've seen while here in Virginia. I tend to have to drive pretty far out to do anything entertaining. Maybe I'll go bowling in Cosplay! *Slips in shinigami sandals and flies down the lane*.... *STRIKE!*:bigtu:

Yeah, it's pretty boring around here. But Kyoto is right across from Greenbrier mall, kinda :D

Nekko
05-13-2007, 08:39 PM
where is green briar mall? I only know shortpump, Virginia center, cloverleaf and Fairfield...

fatalinjection
05-13-2007, 08:41 PM
where is green briar mall? I only know shortpump, Virginia center, cloverleaf and Fairfield...

Where do you live at, Nekko?

GeneStarwind211
05-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Has this event taken place yet?

spanner
05-14-2007, 09:25 AM

It's in Chesapeake...

Nekko
05-14-2007, 10:03 AM
thats wayy to far for me to drive alone. I live in henrico outside of richmond.

fatalinjection
05-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Has this event taken place yet?

Nope, we're planning these now. Only one event has taken place so far.

fatalinjection
05-14-2007, 10:09 AM
thats wayy to far for me to drive alone. I live in henrico outside of richmond.

Yeah, that's why we're planning two gatherings. One in maymont, which is in Richmond, and then one at Kyoto, which is in Hampton Roads.

Nekko
05-14-2007, 11:07 AM
I can manage maymont easily *knock on wood*

NiceGai44
05-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Just give me a date and time and I am gonna do my best to come ok guys.

fatalinjection
05-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Just give me a date and time and I am gonna do my best to come ok guys.

Tentative date is Sunday the 10th ^^ I'm guessing probably meeting up around 1 or 2.

NiceGai44
05-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Ok thanks

fatalinjection
05-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Ok thanks

No problem ^^

NecromanticChii
05-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Anyone have a date suggestion for Kyoto?

fatalinjection
05-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Anyone have a date suggestion for Kyoto?

Dunno...do you guys want to go before or after the maymont gathering? And who all is interested in this one?

spanner
05-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Dunno...do you guys want to go before or after the maymont gathering? And who all is interested in this one?

My vote is for after.. which would also be after AMA. But I'll be gone the last full week of June so my opt is for sometime in July. Preferably AFTER my mental breakdown :hafha: so my head will be nice and clear.

irkenmodelgir
05-16-2007, 06:29 AM

since i live in newport news i dont mind throwing my hat into the mix i might be game pending on the day

fatalinjection
05-16-2007, 09:56 AM
since i live in newport news i dont mind throwing my hat into the mix i might be game pending on the day

What days are best for you? ^^

NecromanticChii
05-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Lets go with a weekend day, unless we go later at night on a weekday.
As for when, I don't care much, as long as it is after memorial day weekend.

spanner
05-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Lets go with a weekend day, unless we go later at night on a weekday.
As for when, I don't care much, as long as it is after memorial day weekend.

Agreed. I'd prefer a Saturday over Sunday. Or even a Friday. By the end of the work week, I'm pretty dead... and I usually waste all Sunday complaining about having to go back Monday u_u;;

HitsugayaTaicho
05-17-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm up for just about any weekend day as long as I know in advance. I'm putting in for the 10th off. I'll have to see about putting in for another day off after that. Maybe the following weekend.

fatalinjection
05-21-2007, 03:00 AM
I just found out my friend is having her graduation party on the 10th (luckily it's near Richmond), so I might have to skip out a little early! I'll still come to the gathering, but depending on when her party is going to end, I'll probably be leaving early D:

BouXKanon
05-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Oh yay! Maymont is perfect since I live in Richmond. I am all for it....I can do it on a weekend day...Sunday over Saturday for me, but if I have at least two weeks notice on a day I can go either day. Thank you having a job finally. After AMA would work better...since I have shit going on every other weekend.

fatalinjection
05-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Oh yay! Maymont is perfect since I live in Richmond. I am all for it....I can do it on a weekend day...Sunday over Saturday for me, but if I have at least two weeks notice on a day I can go either day. Thank you having a job finally. After AMA would work better...since I have shit going on every other weekend.

We've already picked Sunday, June 10th as the date. :)

HitsugayaTaicho
05-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Just out of curiosity... how many others intend on arriving at the Maymont gathering in actual cosplay?

Nekko
05-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Me....

fatalinjection
05-23-2007, 10:32 AM
I will hopefully be ^^

BouXKanon
05-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Sunday June 10th is Doable for me no problem! That makes me happy! I can't wait! I will see you guys there....but for now...I will sleep!

fatalinjection
05-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Sunday June 10th is Doable for me no problem! That makes me happy! I can't wait! I will see you guys there....but for now...I will sleep!

Yay ^_^

spanner
05-23-2007, 11:52 AM
I won't be... but I'll LOL with all the other park visitors at you guys XD

Nekko
05-23-2007, 05:06 PM
I just found the PERFECT Jacket for School Uniform Raito! And it's not Really heavy! It's either Raito or Kiba I can go as. My Lolita dress got attacked by my cat...

fatalinjection
05-23-2007, 05:07 PM
I just found the PERFECT Jacket for School Uniform Raito! And it's not Really heavy! It's either Raito or Kiba.

Where did you find it? D: I've been looking for one T_T

Nekko
05-23-2007, 05:13 PM
*Whispers*

Salvation army.... ten dollars....

They have like twenty more that would work for him. *I know somone who works there* she calls me all the time when she sees somthing cosplayish..

fatalinjection
05-23-2007, 05:14 PM
*Whispers*

Salvation army.... ten dollars....

Ah, I never have any luck there ;_; haha

Nekko
05-23-2007, 05:20 PM
It's near my house, Ill get you one and bring it with me.

fatalinjection
05-23-2007, 05:21 PM
It's near my house, Ill get you one and bring it with me.

There's more than one there? :O

EDIT: XD I see your edited post. Awesome! If you do find a nice one, I can knock however much it costs off of the price of the Temari outfit :D

Nekko
05-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Ok then!

*has yet to get a wig for it*

I always seem to click submit too fast and then have to update

*spazzdance*

fatalinjection
05-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Ok then!

*has yet to get a wig for it*

I always seem to click submit too fast and then have to update

*spazzdance*

Yeah, I'm probably not going to have it in time for AMA XD Since I think I'm going to get a wig instead of cutting my hair.

Nekko
05-23-2007, 05:33 PM
I cut my hair all nice and short for Raito and Kiba but now I need a BLONDE wig....