PDA

View Full Version : Hana Kimi Cosplayers Unite!

Queen Anime 99
03-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Any Hana-kimi cosplayers? I'm going as Hokuto Umeda, the awesome school nurse. Maybe we can do a photoshoot or something.

Oh, and here is a website that has good reference pictures:
http://niko-niko.net/hanakimi/

london2191
03-04-2007, 07:14 PM
-flings self into the room- MEEEEEEE! <3

I intend on cosplaying as Mizuki Ashiya on Sunday. -teh nod- And Reamy on here should be coming as Sano Izumi. -more nod- Hana-Kimi is surprisingly not that popular in cosplays so there might not be many.

I have to do this cosplay Sunday regardless of your convincingness because I have Bleach set up on Friday because of the shoot and Yuna for a shoot that I'd like to organize Saturday. *wow, all my costumes are being debuted here* Yepyepyepp.

Queen Anime 99
03-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Oh no! I wasn't trying to persuade you to do it on Friday or Saturday. ^_^ I'm probably going to do Umeda on Saturday and Sunday or just on Sunday. I'm still not sure about my plans. Are you going to the AWA Ball?

-flings self into the room- MEEEEEEE! <3

I intend on cosplaying as Mizuki Ashiya on Sunday. -teh nod- And Reamy on here should be coming as Sano Izumi. -more nod- Hana-Kimi is surprisingly not that popular in cosplays so there might not be many.

I have to do this cosplay Sunday regardless of your convincingness because I have Bleach set up on Friday because of the shoot and Yuna for a shoot that I'd like to organize Saturday. *wow, all my costumes are being debuted here* Yepyepyepp.

london2191
03-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Yep, I shore am.

I know I'm going to wear a kimono, I'm just not sure which wig.

phantomthief
03-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Can I be your official stalker? Er..... I mean photographer? (If it's not too late in the day on Sunday)
I'll be your non-cosplaying Akiha Hara ^.~

I'm still working on my camera skills, but I can promise you'll have plenty of pictures :3
I love HanaKimi to DEATH O_O

~Ari-chan

Queen Anime 99
03-04-2007, 10:16 PM
OMG. That'd be awesome. ^-^ We could do some funny poses.

Can I be your official stalker? Er..... I mean photographer? (If it's not too late in the day on Sunday)
I'll be your non-cosplaying Akiha Hara ^.~

I'm still working on my camera skills, but I can promise you'll have plenty of pictures :3
I love HanaKimi to DEATH O_O

~Ari-chan

london2191
03-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Hey! What about me and Sano, Thief-chan?

phantomthief
03-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Yup ^_^ I meant all three of you if we can get you all in one spot :3

~Ari-chan

london2191
03-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Heheheh. -snickers ebilly-

Reamy
03-05-2007, 10:29 PM
EEEEEEEEEEE!! Ari-chan is going to be my photographer~!!!! Squeeeee!!!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!! I'm working on Sano three times as much now! This should be our official base then on www.cosplay.com! BTW, LONLON! WE HAVE TO START SHOPPING SOME TIME IN May!

phantomthief
03-06-2007, 12:12 AM
I should eat lots of sweets and wear a bandana :3

But let's see for locations... Some of the areas in the mall would be good for pictures, there's the fountain out front, and some others... Hmmmmmm...

*plotting* I'm usually never the photographer, this'll be fun!!!

~Ari-chan

Reamy
03-06-2007, 12:58 AM
We'll be in our summer uniforms, Ari-chan-chan...^_____^

Reference pic:

HE HE!!! Reamy will try and see if Reamy can borrow Joann's Embroidery mechines...or we could specially commision the seaters from them...Reamy wanna sweater-vest! Reamy just needs two white sweater vests and Reamy can have at them! Muahahahaahahaha! BTW, What costume is Umeda going to be in? *-*

Queen Anime 99
03-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Waah! I'm so excited. XD Reamy, I think Sano and Mizuki's sweaters are cream-colored.

I want to be as recognizeable as possible, so I'm going to wear Umeda's nurse lab coat, black leather pants, plain black dress shoes or boots, and a black dress shirt or a black turtleneck. I will also have his signature cigarrette (fake). :D

The glasses that I am wearing now don't look like the ones from the manga, but I have some old glasses that look very similar to his manga glasses. Unfortunately, my current glasses or stronger than my old glasses. I'm thinking about switching back to my old glasses and getting used to them.

And, I've found the PERFECT wig. I'm going to buy it soon. I'm so excited.

We'll be in our summer uniforms, Ari-chan-chan...^_____^

Reference pic:

HE HE!!! Reamy will try and see if Reamy can borrow Joann's Embroidery mechines...or we could specially commision the seaters from them...Reamy wanna sweater-vest! Reamy just needs two white sweater vests and Reamy can have at them! Muahahahaahahaha! BTW, What costume is Umeda going to be in? *-*

london2191
03-06-2007, 09:02 PM
REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMY. I thought we weren't doing sweater vests? Besides, Sano doesn't wear them...so unless you wanna make one for me....=\

I have three cosplays to work on this summer so I'll want this done as soon as possible. So yeah, whenever I'm not busy, I'll call you.

Will Ari-chan-chan wear a bandana with a blonde wig? -prodprod-

Heheheh. Umeda. =3

Reamy
03-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm really shooting for the sweaters...I know they aren't usually worn by Sano...but I love them too much not to at least attempt to make them...*sigh* Besides, you'd look cute in one...and the more cute/adorable I can make you the better...that way I will look as manly as possible...
OMG! I've just thought up some awkward/romantic Mizuki+Sano scenes...XD This is what this darn cosplay is doing to me...XC LOL!

phantomthief
03-06-2007, 10:56 PM
I'll wear a bandana and carry lots of candy (OR POCKY!) but not too sure about the blonde wig :3 *looks horrible in blonde*

All depends on what I'm wearing ^______^

~Ari-chan

Reamy
03-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Way are we asking about what Ari-chan is wearing? LOL! If I get a blonde wig I could cosplay as Nakatsu AND Sano...LOL! XD I'll just do the big change-a-roo with contacts and wig + sweater-vest! Muahahaha!

Reamy
03-06-2007, 11:44 PM
ZOMG! I just htought of a photo:
Umeda: *seductively laying on a couch*
Mizuki: \(O_O)"/ What ARE YOU DOING!!!!! UMEDA!!!!
Sano:...(o.O)"...*no comment*....

Queen Anime 99
03-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Yes, bring the bandana and the candy/pocky. That'd be so awesome. (In case you were wondering, my favorite word is indeed "awesome")

Reamy, Nakatsu AND Sano!? Kewl! I also like your photo idea. I shall think of some.

Phantom, OMG. My heart has officially stopped. Here's a link to two cosplayers who did Akiha Hara (She has the bandana!) and Minami Nanba! Check it out. It is soo awesome. Just...wow. : http://community.livejournal.com/hanakimi/79560.html?style=mine

I'll wear a bandana and carry lots of candy (OR POCKY!) but not too sure about the blonde wig :3 *looks horrible in blonde*

All depends on what I'm wearing ^______^

~Ari-chan

Reamy
03-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Come on...you know we need both of our leading laddies to take piccies with our lovely Mizuki...XD

phantomthief
03-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Maybe this'll work a little too well...

I'm Umeda obssessed and keep a bag of suckers and chocolate in my locker at school XD

~Ari-chan

Reamy
03-08-2007, 01:44 AM
ROFL...I love you Ari-chan...XD

phantomthief
03-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Hmmmm... This look okay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130088357604&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:PIC&ih=003

(This is gonna turn into a full costume, just wait XD And then I will cry)

~Ari-chan

london2191
03-10-2007, 10:07 PM
OH NO. I've turned all my Hana-Kimi...ers into women! -gasps- I'm supposed to be the only real woman here. ><

More like...

Mizuki: UMEDA! MY BROTHER WANTS ME TO GO BACK TO AMERICA! -whinewhine-
Umeda: Oh god....-massages temples-
Akihan: UMEDA! -leaps in-
Sano: -is spying on Mizuki-

xDD Wow, I'm glad our characters all have really close relations.

So this has to be on Sunday, kay? Otherwise I can't do it. o.o I have two costumes on Friday and two on Saturday. Sunday is my day of relaxation. -noddeth-

WOW. Sano x Mizuki! AH. REAMY X LONDON! -flees- Lol, I'm really excited now. I hope I can find a good enough wig.

phantomthief
03-11-2007, 03:32 AM
I'll probably go a little longer for the wig then ^____^

(Sunday for me as well. Otherwise Alucard will have no survivors >.>)

BTW, does anyone have volume... 14 I think? One of the chapter title pages is a picture of Akiha in the school uniform. Can someone get a picture please? *can't find it online*

~Ari-chan

Reamy
03-11-2007, 12:30 PM
I wills try! I will check everything out during the next couple of weeks after Momo-con. i'll get it and scan it onto our comp. okies Ari-chan? YAYS!!!! RELATIONSHIPS!!! XD

london2191
03-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Oh, yeah, I have that one. =3 I was reading it and I was like SOOPER KAWAIII! He's so adorable there. I'd love to see him and Umeda together at Osaka High.

Okay, so Sunday it is. We should just walk around and then find a nice place for some pictures. Hopefully EBK will find us for piccys.

Queen Anime 99
03-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Ahahaha! You guys are so funny. XD Phantomthief, your wig is awesome! Even the bangs are similar.

Phantom Thief, I think I may have found the picture...? I have it enclosed. I have also have a reference pic of Akiha. If you need any reference pics, PM me b/c I have the entire series on CD.

Reamy and London, I have some a reference picture of Mizuki, Sano, and Nakatsu's school uniforms enclosed if you want to see them. If you guys need any reference pics, also PM me.

Oh, and by the way, how tall are you guys? I thought about wearing platforms to make myself seem taller (or at least close to the same height as everyone else) than everyone else except Akiha. :D I'm 5 ft. 2 in. by the way.

Totally off topic, but do you guys watch the Hana-kimi live action series? You can find it on youtube. I haven't seen it yet, but it's supposed to be good. I'm so excited! ^_^

Reamy
03-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Can I say how much I love you for that pict. Queen-san? IT'S PERFECT FOR REFERENCE PICTURES!!!

I'm 5'7 1/4 but I'm 5'8 in shoes. I plan on wearing larger shoes with the soles a little thicker (not platforms) and I'll compensate the shoes size difference with faom and inserts...LOL! Hopefully I'll be aroud 5'8 1/2, 5'9, or maybe even 5'10. It sucks not being 6 ft tall...It would be so much easier to crossplay.

Edit: HOly crap...I think i'm loosing weight in b reast size. I've been working out and loosing weight for muscle and I guess it's natural to loose a lot in the chest while workoing out as vigorously as I am...

PLUS, I put on some shoulder pads and smooshed down my shest and was like...OH SNAP!!! MALE SILLOUETTE!!! AWSOME!!! Muahahahahahahaha! Sano is going to be smoken....LOL! XD

Queen Anime 99
03-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Oh you're welcome. ^_^ Yeah, I guess I'll just be wearing 2-3 inch platforms. Any higher and I will fall and break my neck. :D I shall be short sexy Umeda-san. XD That's amazing that your breast size got smaller by just working out. I'm going to try to work starting this summer 'til the anime con starts so I can have lean muscles. And yes, you shall make an awesome Sano. ^_^

Can I say how much I love you for that pict. Queen-san? IT'S PERFECT FOR REFERENCE PICTURES!!!

I'm 5'7 1/4 but I'm 5'8 in shoes. I plan on wearing larger shoes with the soles a little thicker (not platforms) and I'll compensate the shoes size difference with faom and inserts...LOL! Hopefully I'll be aroud 5'8 1/2, 5'9, or maybe even 5'10. It sucks not being 6 ft tall...It would be so much easier to crossplay.

Edit: HOly crap...I think i'm loosing weight in b reast size. I've been working out and loosing weight for muscle and I guess it's natural to loose a lot in the chest while workoing out as vigorously as I am...

PLUS, I put on some shoulder pads and smooshed down my shest and was like...OH SNAP!!! MALE SILLOUETTE!!! AWSOME!!! Muahahahahahahaha! Sano is going to be smoken....LOL! XD

Reamy
03-13-2007, 12:56 AM
I better be considering the amout of physical exercise I'm putting into this...
(-_-)d

Damn my obsession for look exactly like my characters...XD

YAYS! short and sexy Umeda...meeeeeooooow...

And my family is like, "COSPLAY IS NOT A HEALTHY OBSESSION.."

*flexes arm muscles* "Oh really.."

family: "Never mind..."

I love the fact that people get into shape just so that they can look even better in their cosplays...YAYS! We can make all the girls swoon!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! BISHIS-R-Us...LOL! XD

phantomthief
03-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Oh you're welcome. ^_^ Yeah, I guess I'll just be wearing 2-3 inch platforms. Any higher and I will fall and break my neck. :D I shall be short sexy Umeda-san. XD

XDDDDD You're 5'2!?
So am I >.>;;;; Exactly.
I wear 4 inch platforms on a daily basis so I think we'll work out height wise! As long as you don't stand next to Sano-kun X3

~Ari-chan

Reamy
03-13-2007, 05:18 PM
LOL! XD I'm a giant...

AshAndG4ry
03-13-2007, 07:35 PM
reamy is a giant.
[random.]
i wishhh i could go as any one of the black-haired characters. even sano. even though, compared to reamy, i am a midget.

so i'll come back to hanakimicosplaying when i'm taller, thnxx. :D

Reamy
03-13-2007, 09:41 PM
You should come as our ghostie boy...LOL! You'd have so mcuh fun..."Sano your aura is pink..."

Sano: (=O_O=) *blush*
Mizuki: WAHHHH! SANO'S BLUSHING!!!

london2191
03-13-2007, 10:53 PM
GODAMNIT. I'm freaking 5"7 too. >> I hate being tall. You guys better wear like fifty feet tall plats or Mizuki and Sano will engulf you in flames. o.o

WAHHH! QUAN-SAMA IS THE SMEXX! AND IS WORTHY OF TWO X'S.

phantomthief
03-13-2007, 11:00 PM
XDDDDD

Umeda- 5'2
Akiha -5'2
Mizuki- 5'7
Sano- 5'7.25

SOMETHING'S NOT QUITE RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!! XD

BTW, are the school ties red or more maroon?

~Ari-chan

Reamy
03-14-2007, 01:54 AM
I thought they were a burgundy...or a maroon burgundy mix.

london2191
03-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Not red, but according to the school uniforms in one of the Hana-Kimi volumes, it's 'bordeaux'. -teh nod- I'm sure that's a burgundy/marroon color.

I'm sorry...I think junk food stunted my growth. GODAMNIT. I'm supposed to be half asian...apparently that went out the window. >>

Queen Anime 99
03-15-2007, 01:53 AM
Hahaha! This is so funny. Two of us are 5'7'' and two of us are 5'2'' and us short girls are doing the tallest characters. XD I must practice wearing platforms. I am seriously one of the few women in America who can't walk in heels that are higher than 2 inches. XD

Ash, yeah, you could totally do ghost boy (He's 5 ft. 7 in. actually.... ^^'). His name is Taiki Kayashima. Here's a pic of him: http://niko-niko.net/hanakimi/others5.jpg. And another: http://images.overstock.com/f/102/3117/8h/www.overstock.com/images/products/muze/books/1421505436.jpg
Isn't he a babe? :D

I was thinking that you could also do Nakao Senri. Even though he has red hair, he's really short (5 ft. 4 in. Damn, I should totally be doing him. XD). Here's a pic of him (and Taiki): http://niko-niko.net/hanakimi/group3.jpg. If you want any reference pics, just PM me.

This is totally random, but I wanna do this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/21/Chapter_6_crop.jpg so badly. XD Alas, I am far too shy...

Reamy
03-15-2007, 02:11 AM
XD!!!! I LOVE YOU QUEEN-SAN!!!! YOU ROCK!!! I WANT A GHOSTIE BOY!!! GraeGrae do Taiki!!! PLEASE!!!

phantomthief
03-15-2007, 02:46 AM
EEP XD
I saw the live action. Well, the first episode at least >.> Oh dear LORD it was so corny I could DIE. But I couldn't stop watching either...
The "Umeda" character is scaaaaaaaaaary O_______O

I considered all options and realized that there's no way I'll pull off a light blonde with with my skintone. Therefore... I'm going for a slightly longer and more gold toned blonde ^________^ Ordering tonight!
... And some cuff earrings...

...Maybe some rope... XD

~Ari-chan

Reamy
03-15-2007, 03:05 AM
But he's so sexy...keep watching...it gets better. BELIEVE ME...now I can't stop watching it. I swear...that man is...*faints*

phantomthief
03-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Akiha wig ordered ^_^

~Ari-chan

Queen Anime 99
03-15-2007, 04:42 PM
Reamy, you rock, too. :D Everyone rocks! ^_^ I am so excited about AWA. Yeah, that dude who plays Umeda is such a babe. XD Yay, phantom ordered the wig. Hopefully it arrives safe and sound.

london2191
03-15-2007, 07:43 PM
OMG. Kayashima-kun is MY FAVORITE CHARACTER. If Reamy hasn't realized yet, I'm totally obsessed with him. He ish the background on my phone. And everytime he shows up I squeal. =3 AHHHH KAYASHIMA-KUNNNNNNNNN!

Nakao. -snorts- So adorable. We need a Nanba to do him tho'.

Ari-chan: GOD. Don't Rui-Xi's facial expressions annoy the hell outta you?!?!

phantomthief
03-18-2007, 09:20 PM
London: YES T______T

Has anyone else noticed that for only 4 or 5 people posting, we have a huge thread? XD *still looking for a good tie*

~Ari-chan

Reamy
03-18-2007, 09:21 PM
LOL! XD You're right...
Totally hiped about AWA this Year!

london2191
03-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Ari-chan: It drives me nuts, but I think I'm getting used to it.

Reamy: We must start working on our cosplays whenever we have free time.

Queen Anime 99
03-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Okay, this is totally off topic, but London, were you dressed as Summoner Yuna? I wasn't sure if it was you or not and I didn't want to look like a dork. :D Your costume was awesome.

london2191
03-23-2007, 10:58 PM
=3 Yep. I shore was.

phantomthief
03-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Looks like Neko (Psycho_Acolyte~) wants to be either Nanba or Shin (Sano's Little bro) :3

Yay for recruitment! XD

EDIT: Akiha wig came in!!! It's so pretty I don't wanna cut it T_T He just needs some shorter parts on the side, but still ^_^
(The comment was made that it looks like Vexen from Kingdom Hearts, so I tossed on my Riku coat for a horrible cell phone pic X3) The wig is a lot more blonde and a lot less orange/gold than pictured >.>;

~Ari-chan

london2191
03-26-2007, 05:50 PM
OMG. PSYCHO_ACOLYTE. I LOVE HER. -glomps her- We had a Final Fantasy party-esque group at Momocon and she was my swordsman. WAH. I think Nanba would be better...that way we can kinda reenact the shoot? All we need is a Nakatsu and we gots the set. ^^ Maybe we can search for one. Although Shin is the most SMEXIEST BEASTLY character next to Kayashima, he seems a little irrelevant to our group, eh? Besides, Nanba and Umeda? =3

Ari-chan: Is some of it curly? o.O It looks like there's a lock of curly hair there...hmm. WOW. We'll have the ultimate group. =3

Reamy
03-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Mauahahahahahahahahahahaha! *dramatic entrance*...

Bow to me all my minions!....

...*crickets*...

O_____O AW MAN! Wrong thread...

LOL! Okies...yah we need Nakatsu, Nanba, nanba's stalker, and our little side-kick three and we'll have the whole group!!! Muahahahahahha! At least from our school. It would be cool if Sano's rival was there but, oh well!

london2191
03-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Um, Nanba's stalker=Nakao? o.o OMG. He is so adorable. ^^ I want him as my best friend.

WAHH! NOE, SEKIME AND KAYASHIMA-KUN! EE! Everytime I think about them tho', I think about the drama. Which is fifty billion times worse. x.x

OMG. KAGURAZAKA! xD I LOVE HIS LITTLE SISTER KYOMI! WAHH! -is overreacting-

Reamy
03-26-2007, 10:14 PM
WAH!!!! MEE TOOOOO!!!!!! I love little Kyomi! she's soooo cute....WAH!!! And it was some much cuter in the manga when they left from the inn than in the drama. Oh well...different kind of humor I guess.

phantomthief
03-27-2007, 12:44 AM
And then branching out from there we need Umeda's parents, Rio, Ryoichi, Shin, Ebi, and... all the people Umeda is "seen with" XD

~Ari-chan

london2191
03-27-2007, 04:15 PM
xDDDDDDDD

Zomfg, Rio and Umeda's parents are god! Like, his dad is like the smexiest. For an old guy. -snort-

I'm trying to see if InsaneVegetables can cosplay with us. She'd make a cute Nakao...xD But we need Nakatsu the most. Anyway, she said she's gonna catch up on the manga and see about it.

Reamy
03-28-2007, 04:46 AM
Where are the hot bishi guys when you need them? WAH!!!! Nakatsu's not that bad, bishis! You know you want to cosplay! *seduction technique # 300*

It's not working!!!! They aren't flocking to us! NOOOOOOO!!!!!

london2191
03-28-2007, 04:20 PM
xD 301? -flockflock-

Aw man, I really want an asian guy who'll cosplay Quan with me.

Queen Anime 99
03-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Phantom, I totally want your wig. :D I just realized that I'll have to cut my wig, too. On the ebay picture, I just noticed the mannequin has a REALLY long neck and so I'm going to have to cut the ends. I'm so scared. >0<

I like Kyomi, too. I thought it was hilarious when she called Nakatsu "homo" in the manga. :D Oh yeah, Umeda's dad is insanely hot. I get the feeling that Hisaya Nakajo cannot draw old people. XD

OMG. If someone does Nakao, I'll totally faint. :D He's like the greatest character ever. He's such a sassy little brat. XD Notice that live action Nakao looks nothing like manga Nakao (I've notice Ying Ying TOWERS over Nanba and Nakao's supposed to be about the same height as Mizuki ^_^) I COULD do Nakao, but I'd have to change from Umeda to Nakao and that would be tricky. I found some awesome Nakao pants. I hope InsaneVegetable can do Nakao. That'd be so awesome. God, I sound like I have A.D.D. :D Too much sugar...

I could set up a HanaKimi board on the AWA forum, but I gotta find my password. Can anyone do that? If so, we could maybe find a Nakatsu.

london2191
03-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Yang Yang totally needs to be itty bittier. -nod-

Oh, I'll see if I can set up one.

I need to start on my cosplay period. I have three costumes I need to complete this summer and I need to finish one. I only have like, a month and a half because marching band totally cuts all my time in half. x.x -is distraught- I found a wonderful website to get wigs, but it's in China and I think my parents don't like ordering from China. AOHDAOSID. I hate my lackage of cool parents.

london2191
04-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Okay guys, I set up a Hana-Kimi thread at the AWA forums but no one seems to be responding.

Also, I have a shoot set up on Sunday for Hana-Kimi. How about 12:00 for those who have to leave due to school tomorrow? The sun is still up and it's squeaky and nice. I don't really want to do the fountain like everyone else, so how about we all meet-up in front of the elevator in the lobby *down the stairs from the registration area from last year* and find some pretty places?

Queen Anime 99
04-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Heh. :D Is 12:30 or 1:00 fine? The lobby is cool. I'm glad you changed the meet-up location from the fountain b/c I was like "Where the heck is the fountain?" ^_^ <--- Has been going to AWA for 3 years but has no idea where the fountain is.

Okay guys, I set up a Hana-Kimi thread at the AWA forums but no one seems to be responding.

Also, I have a shoot set up on Sunday for Hana-Kimi. How about 12:00 for those who have to leave due to school tomorrow? The sun is still up and it's squeaky and nice. I don't really want to do the fountain like everyone else, so how about we all meet-up in front of the elevator in the lobby *down the stairs from the registration area from last year* and find some pretty places?

phantomthief
04-06-2007, 07:02 PM
12 or 12:30 is fine for me. Usually I'm there until about 1:30/2 because we fly out at around 3 >.>;;;

QA: ^___^ I luffs my wig! I don't know why, but Chinese natural colored wigs (while horrible for styling) seem to look more like real hair than their much thicker American counterparts... At least I think so. Can I see what wig you got??? I love looking at prettyful wigs XD Besides that, anything that'd work for Umeda might work for Dietrich >______>

I bought a white turtleneck for Akiha... But alas! They only had them in Men's large XD So I'll have to do some SERIOUS alterations over the weekend. T_T

The fountain is right outside the entrance, by the way :3

~Ari-chan

london2191
04-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Alterations with already made clothes are my expertise. I can't make clothes, but I can alter 'em. =3

Okay, me and Reamy are fine with 12:30 in front of the elevator. -nod-

phantomthief
04-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Lesse... I think I'm going to thin out the body and sleeves a little bit and adjust the shoulders so the sleeve seam doesn't start at the middle of my bicep XD

~Ari-chan

phantomthief
04-07-2007, 03:11 AM
Yay for doubleposting XD But I found it! That picture of younger Akiha that I was looking for... Turns out he has short hair and no bandana so that's defiantely out X3

~Ari-chan

london2191
04-07-2007, 04:20 AM
Yeah, I knew he looked like that. xDD

Queen Anime 99
04-09-2007, 01:00 AM
Yesh! 12:30 in front of the elevator! Yay! Now I know where the fountain is! The Akiha picture is sooo cute! I could not find that for the life of me. :D

Actually, I haven't ordered my wig yet (^_^), but I plan to in a few days.

I really want this wig: http://cgi.ebay.com/Short-Cosplay-Blond-Straight-Wigs-08020012_W0QQitemZ110112363737QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4 5267QQcmdZViewItem

But, I also like these two:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Short-Trendy-Gold-With-Blond-Wigs-08020059_W0QQitemZ120024449750QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6 0188QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Short-Cute-Style-Cosplay-Gold-Wigs-08020064_W0QQitemZ120024449851QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6 0188QQcmdZViewItem

Here's a pic of Umeda: http://umeda.shattered-seasons.net/images/col003.jpg

I think the first wig matches the color and style better. What do you guys think?

london2191
04-09-2007, 07:14 PM
OH. You're going with /that/ color. =\ I always found his hair to be a reddish color which was why I was really shocked when I saw blonde.

http://members.fortunecity.com/sailornyanko101/Nube/other/hokuto.gif
http://www.shoujohouse.clubedohost.com/Shoujo/Umeda.jpg
http://umeda.shattered-seasons.net/images/col005.jpg

Lemme post some wig suggestions from a really good seller. It's sooper cheap. And they're not decieving otherwise they wouldn't have gotten all that feedback and I know a girl who got a wig from them and loves them.

Okies, this is the best I found. So, it might be a little light but you could always sharpie dye it a tad if it is. The style is a bit off but there's rarely ever a wig for cosplay that doesn't need touching up on style or trimming, so you're good there. And the back is a little fwoof so you can hot water it to straighten it down. -nod- And it's cheaper than the one you want. Sadly, it isn't Buy it Now which is simpler, but oh well. I think it suits the color in my opinion, but it's what you want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cinnamon-Extra-Long-Bangs-Cosplay-Medium-Wigs-Skin_W0QQitemZ110112195828QQihZ001QQcategoryZ60188 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Queen Anime 99
04-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah. I agree that his hair looks red 98% of the time. I dunno. I couldn't find any wigs that match his hair. And...I liked teh blonde. Pretties.... *_* ZOMG! GODDAMN! Your wig seriously pwns. :D That's WAY better than my wig choice. Thank you so much! But, eh. I'm scared to attempt to style it. :D We shall see..... But, very, very nice choice. Glad I didn't purchase my wig yet.

Psycho_Acolyte~
04-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Hey! I wanna join in as Nanba : D My natural hair is near the color of Nanba, and with London's persuading >__>

Though, she suggested I do Nakao, but I'm not too fond of Nakao.

london2191
04-09-2007, 10:28 PM
QueenAnime_99: Aw, shucks. =3 I just have an eye. xD Trust me, it'll be easy. Just remember when cutting not to do a straight line unless cutting off masses of hair. Do vertical snips. It'll take longer but it usually comes out a good length and is equal to the others.

Psycho: YAY! We get to cosplay together! =3 I do love Nakao, he's just so kawaii~! But Nanba does fit better with our group. I'm trying to convince InsaneVegetables *Haruhi and Rukia at Momo* to do Nakao with us but she said she might be in Israel. o.o

Queen Anime 99
04-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Gosh. I'm still debating if I should buy the wig. I've been thinking about dying the blonde wig and I asked the seller if I can dye his/her wigs. If I buy the reddish wig, would you help me with the bangs? The bangs scare me to death! :D Oooh! I found a bang cutting tutorial! That might help me.

Psycho, you're doing Nanba!? Yay!!! I'm so excited. XD Yesh. A new member in our Hanakimi cult. ^_^

london2191
04-10-2007, 04:52 PM
xD Lol, if you leave nearby and we could possibly meet up or something, I can help style. If it's mailable I could possibly do that.

Queen Anime 99
04-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Oh, no! :D I meant like online hair-cutting advice and such. ^_^ I don't think my Mom would let me meet up with someone. She's still paranoid about anime conventions. She thinks there are a lot of perverted people at anime cons (My mom now believes this because I told her about glomping) and all cosplayers are crazy. :D I'll think about mailing it, but I don't want to be a burden on you since you have so many costumes and stuff to make. And I need to style wigs more often so I can get better at it. At least I'll have all summer to work on it, so I should be fine...hopefully...God help me... XD

london2191
04-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Lol, mine is just like her.

HAH, yeah right. I have time. If you can make it to the Georgia ECC Cosplayers video game shoot and bring some scissors and spray, I could do it there.

I'm not good on online advice. lol

Psycho_Acolyte~
04-10-2007, 08:38 PM
X____X I need to work on wig styling as well. Lord knows I need experience for Haseo's hair of doom.

XD I do believe that I've got all my costumes for this year's AWA. Not going to accept anymore for this year, and I'll have to get started on them soon ^__^ 'Specially Haseo. XD Lovely armor

phantomthief
04-10-2007, 10:27 PM
I STILL don't wanna cut this bloody wig... Too cute! Oh heck. *grabs machete*

~Ari-chan

Psycho_Acolyte~
04-10-2007, 11:45 PM
XDD Machete! >: D

I feel sorry for that wig now XD

london2191
04-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh god...-blocks eyes from the combonation of machete and wigs- I might die. x.x

Ari-chan, do we have a proper piccy of this wig? o.O

You're lucky you guys /have/ wigs to play with. >> Mizuki's the last on my list of wigs I need to buy. So no playing with it until summer.

Queen Anime 99
04-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Hmm. I have to think about that proposal. Where is the video game shoot?

Lol, mine is just like her.

HAH, yeah right. I have time. If you can make it to the Georgia ECC Cosplayers video game shoot and bring some scissors and spray, I could do it there.

I'm not good on online advice. lol

Psycho_Acolyte~
04-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Tee hee, I'm not even going to use a wig! : D Since Nanba has mid-length hair, I can use my own hair ^____^ Yay. I'll get my cousin to style it so she can get some styling experience. Woot : D

london2191
04-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Lucky duck. >>

Sweetwater Creek Park, in Lithia Hills *30122*. It's April 21st at 12:00 pm. There'll be multiple people there so don't worry about being raped. >>

http://gastateparks.org/net/go/parks.aspx?LocationID=80&s=0.0.1.5

Psycho_Acolyte~
04-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Sadly I can't make it. It's four hours from where I live, and gas is expensive enough as it is X_____x;;

Queen Anime 99
04-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Dangit!! I have 3 psych papers/projects to do that weekend. -_- I hate psychology (my major, btw)..... I guess I'll try to style teh wig. Or, if my real hair continues on it's growing roll, it'll be as long as Umeda's hair and I can perm it (I have teh afro ^_^), style it, and dye it like Umeda's hair (And yes, I would totally wear my hair like that for a while. His hair is teh sex. :D). Grow hair! Grow! Everyone, pray for my hair to grow. XD I might have it permed soon to see how long it is so far.....

I think I can style the wig. I didn't think I could do my Sora wig, but I did it. I guess I could just take it slow and be careful. Maybe I shall buy a cheap practice wig and work on that before working on teh real wig. I'm going to figure something out. I always do! Muhahahaha! This is going to be such an insane summer. I'll be working on at least one wig and my first dress. ^_^

Okay, quick question: Does anyone believe it's possible to reverse flip this wig?: http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?productid=25829&cat=2446&page=1

phantomthief
04-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Hot water!!!

Before hot water...
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=949218

After hot water!!! (And some machete work...)
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=963570

I suppose I *should* take some Akiha-ish pictures XD Hm... I would SO do Nanba if I wasn't Akiha... Besides being 3 different colors (including purple!) I can probably pull off his hair no problem.

~Ari-chan

Psycho_Acolyte~
04-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Queen, if you want, I can bring my straightener to AWA and straighten your hair out for you. : D It would probably be a lot cheaper than having it permed.

Ari, you and your crazy hair : D

Queen Anime 99
04-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Wow, hot water is teh stuff. :D Maybe that's a good idea. That wig is rly expensive, though. :P

Psycho, I plan to use the $5.00 perm you can buy at Wal-Mart instead of paying like $60.00 for a professional perm. :D Professional perms = teh lame. Strangely, my mom WANTS me to get my hair done at a salon, so if I asked her to go to the salon, she'd die of happiness. She doesn't like my natural hair style and my androgynous look. XD But, thankies for the offer. ^_^

Reamy
04-12-2007, 01:01 PM
LOL! WE have a NANBA! we REALLY need a Kayashima now...LOL! Join th cult...Muahhahahahhahahahahahahaha! *creepy*...

Sorry loves...just became a little scary there...

XD...

Psycho_Acolyte~
04-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Who's Naoki? o____O

Reamy
04-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Sorry...the wrong name was written down...XD...Whoopsie...

and a Nakao...DEFINATELY...Nanba always needs his stalker/unwanted love interest...

(^__^)

REAMY

Psycho_Acolyte~
04-12-2007, 01:37 PM
ooh You mean Nao right? ^^:;

Queen Anime 99
04-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Who's Nao? You mean Nakao?

ooh You mean Nao right? ^^:;

Psycho_Acolyte~
04-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Yeah. Nakao X___X Now I'm getting confused XD

XD Yes. Nanba does need his lovely stalker

Queen Anime 99
04-12-2007, 03:31 PM
I wanna do Nakao, but I'm already doing Umeda. I found the perfect wig for Nakao. ::sobs::

Yeah. Nakao X___X Now I'm getting confused XD

XD Yes. Nanba does need his lovely stalker

Psycho_Acolyte~
04-12-2007, 04:59 PM
>.> Try doing both? XD OOOORRRRR we drag someone in as Nakao ^___^

<.< Finding one will be a little hard though. They have to be pretteh. Very very pretteh. And learn how to be snobby for a few hours.

london2191
04-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Ari-chan- Woahzorz. Your hair is teh smex.

QueenAnime- You should try styling a cheap wig from Amphigory or ebay. The one I suggested. It'll probably come out better than you're making it out to be.

Psycho- -whines- It's all right, I s'pose.

So, I think I technically got my wig today. It was meant to be for Yuna, but OH MAN IS IT SHORT. So I'm using a different one for Yuna and this one for Mizuki. Since it makes me look like a boy and that's what I want. Why does it look so much more different on a wig head than me? ;__; *as in, it looks better*

SENRI-CHAN. =3 He is /sooooo/ kawaii. I would totally stalk him. ^^ After Kayashima-kun, uff course.

phantomthief
04-12-2007, 06:40 PM
And if we see a random blonde guy in a jean jacket (Hisoka anyone? XD) we can kidnap him as our "Gilbert" X3

~Ari-chan

phantomthief
04-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Yay for more double posting XD

Also yay for Hanbok? It's fun to walk in (stiffest petticoat EVER. I need to figure out how to make a short version of that thing!!!) but it's like binding... Under a dress o_o;;; A little hard to breathe. Though, thanks for giving me an excuse to wear mine!!! *hearts*

Someone my age should technically be wearing something brighter colored, but I like mom's ^_____^

~Ari-chan

Psycho_Acolyte~
04-12-2007, 09:35 PM
It's so awesome!!! And it looks PERFECT on you! : DDDD

Queen Anime 99
04-12-2007, 11:32 PM
I saw the Korean movie "Chunhyang" (2001) and I wondering what the pretty dresses were called. :D Phantom, you look very pretty.

Reamy
04-13-2007, 01:52 AM
I want one...I would so wear it to the Ball...*cries* It's sooo gorgeous...and I could go all Korean on my friends...lol! GraeGrae can teach me some simple Korean...LOL! XD...

If I purchased on..would ari-chan help me put it on? I have no idea how to purchase one...but when I do..would you help me? (~_~) I hate the fact that America just doesn't have these kind of things to purchase. If they do and I'm jsut not loking...PLEASE direct me to were I can but one! *cries*

london2191
04-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Ari-chan: YOU ARE SO PRETTY. -cutcut-

Reamy: Um you /do/ know Grace is korean, right? o.O She's worn one before.

I'll try to post pictures of my wig tonight. The pics TOTALLY turned out to be Raito instead of Mizuki. I put a red tie around my neck, like the uniform, y'know? But it turned out to be stupid Kira-kun. >>

london2191
04-13-2007, 11:46 PM
whoot, double post! wigggggggggggg.

Psycho_Acolyte~
04-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Wow, it's been a while since the last post in here >.>

London: Have you tried fluffing the wig out? If I remember correctly, Mizuki's hair is fluffed out some.

Also I gots me a burgandy clip on tie in the right color. I wish they had a normal one, but this will do ^^;;

london2191
04-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Oh, the wig hasn't been styled yet. xD That was just how I bought it.

Yeah, I need to get into shape on this cosplay. I've been working on other ones more.

phantomthief
04-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Bought a black bandana (they were out of blue! *cries*) and an ear cuff ^_^

Just need to cut the framing parts of the wig and buy another shirt -_-;

~Ari-chan

Queen Anime 99
05-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Phantom, you will look kewl in a black bandana. :D

Everyone, I just remembered v.i.a. two Hana-kimi websites that Umeda Hokuto's looks were inspired by actor James Spader. He DOES resemble Umeda-chan. Well, he DID. :D Here are some piccies:

http://www.peoples.ru/art/cinema/actor/spader/spader_1.jpg (ZOMG! It's real-life Umeda-chan ^_^)

Okay, this is kinda creepy. Look at his coat.... ^0^ http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/8762/pg/one/five.jpg

ZOMG! And the GLASSES! http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/inmetalexile/james_spader_04a.jpg

Anyways, in a few days, I'm going to post pics of the outfits/accessories I might buy. ^_^

london2191
05-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Hahh, funny. I hope I can even finish this cosplay because me and Reamy are on major money budget and I think she might cut Sano out of her cosplay. o.O

Reamy
05-02-2007, 01:28 PM
NO....I'm not. That's actually the simplest cospaly I have to do...
and the most fun to try and finish up...
It's the OTHERS that I really have to think about...*sigh*
BTW...can we wear yukata to the AWA Ball? They said Kimono...but I don't have money to buy a full furisode or even tomode (sp? gah...such a hard word to spell)...
It wouldn't just be yukata...it would be the whole shibang...like you're SUPPOSED to wear with yukata...juban, juban collar, undergarments, geta, possibly two layers of obi, ect. It would be the full-out version *nodnod*
...just...not really "formal" kimono...=_=

My goal is to get a full furisode kimono set before I get married...and go to Comming of Age day in Japan...*nodnod*...

london2191
05-02-2007, 07:08 PM
I posted about doing Mizuki's Christmas Dance Party dress, right? The one in volume 11 and 12? *for the ball*

Reamy: Hooorah!

Ah, I've always dreamed of having a Coming of Age day for me. -dreamdream-

Queen Anime 99
06-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Hey guys. I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinions on my Umeda costume choices.

I've only read up to Book 14, but I've noticed Umeda usually either wears a dress shirt (long sleeves), a v-neck shirt, or a turtleneck. Here are some pictures of the various shirts I've been thinking of buying. I may get the dress shirt since I see him wearing this more often. What do you guys think?

Dress shirt: http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=2652&CatID=32192&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=1194017&ProdSeq=3&ProdCount=63&Dep=online+outlet+store&RefPage=SearchDepartment&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=black+shirt&S4DeptID=2652&CmCatId=SearchResults|SearchDepartment

V-neck: http://www.amazon.com/Long-Sleeve-Jersey-V-Neck-Petite-Black/dp/B000MPHXEY/ref=sr_1_6/104-7800618-0165504?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1181188878&sr=1-6

Turtleneck: http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=2652&CatID=9104&CatTyp=LFS&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=11eb62b&ProdSeq=40&ProdCount=63&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=black+shirt&RefPage=SearchProducts&CmCatId=SearchResults|SearchDepartment|SearchProdu cts|2652&S4DeptID=2652&S4PageNum=2&S4PageSize=28&S2HighLight=False&Dep=online+outlet+store

I also brought the wig London suggested. It's nice, but it's kind of thin. I just realized Cosworx.com is about to start selling a wig that looks very similar to Umeda's hair style. Do you think this wig looks similar to his hairstyle?

Current Wig: http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=148410&ppid=1122&image=44347771&images=44347771,44347776,44347782&formats=0,0,0&format=0

Cosworx's wig: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=111925

Finally, I have question about Umeda's shoes. I've noticed that Ume-chan usually wears either plain, flat black boots or laced up boots. However, I might be wearing the plain, non-laced up black boots (I realize he doesn't wear the laced up boots with his office shirt, so if I wear the office shirt, I can't wear the laced up boots). I found some that not only look plain but gives me some height. Do these look okay?

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0f4a04d&RefPage=Products&StoreRegNo=&catalog_base=&firstpage=&CmCatId=EXTERNAL|22630&cmOrigID=0F14149&cmPosID=1

Thanks guys! Good luck on your costumes. :D And yes, I'm obsessed with Umeda. XD

london2191
06-07-2007, 12:59 AM
Mmm, do you have pictures of your actual costume choices? I've always thought of him wearing a dark dress shirt with that white doctor's coat, dark pants and black work-looking shoes. And then glasses.

Yeah, I mentioned that those wigs are thin because they're asian. You sure you just don't want to add wefts instead of buying /another/ wig? =O

phantomthief
06-07-2007, 04:35 AM
I'd say GO FOR SMEXY DRESS SHIRT!!!
It's easier to moles--- er... I mean >.> <.<

Hi Umeda-sempai ^___________^

Anywho, I kinda like the current wig you have better :3 Asian wigs do have less fiber, but that's mainly to kill the poof factor since you're sticking them on top of your own hair. Especially with short wigs, thick fiber tends to look ungodly thick O_o
And whatever shoes you wear, I'll just make sure I wear something taller X3

I just realized something... O_____O I can just remove the pins and armband from my RKO Dietrich outfit, slick back Akiha's wig and I've basically got...

http://niko-niko.net/hanakimi/group8.jpg

I'm seriously considering doing that XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

~Ari-chan

london2191
06-07-2007, 02:35 PM
xDD lol, that'd be hilarious, but I prefer regular Akiha for this shoot. Are you putting up a half-ponytail or wearing a bandana for this shoot?

Oh yeah...for everyone that's not me or Reamy, wear platforms. o.O Umeda and Akiha are supposed to be taller than everyone...and Mizuki the shortest, Sano somewhere in the middle....But I'm 5'7 and Reamy is somewhere between 5'8-6'0. O.O Somehow and somewhere in my genetics, the asian didn't take effect in my height. ><

phantomthief
06-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Bandana ^_^

You and Reamy should sit down whenever Umeda and I'm in the shot XD

~Ari-chan

Psycho_Acolyte~
06-07-2007, 03:02 PM
>.< Guess I have to get platform shoes now. Man that sucks XD

phantomthief
06-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Wanna try on some of mine? XD I'll probably be bringing 3 pairs of shoes to AWA and they're alllllllll platforms

~Ari-chan

london2191
06-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Hahah, yeah, I plan on bending down in most of the shots and doing cutesy things. ^^;; I'm so glad I'm doing Mizuki that way I don't have to be set on a certain expression. Sorry guys! -is abnormal-

Heyyy, you guys know I'm doing Mizuki's Christmas Dance Party gown for the ball /and/ for the contest, right? I think Reamy might come in a matching Sano outfit...I dunno...but if she does, you guys gotta root for us! ^^;;

Psycho_Acolyte~
06-07-2007, 07:11 PM
XDD Me and Ari will be in the contest ourselves.

Also Ari, even if I borrow a pair of your shoes, I'lll never be taller than Yunie.

phantomthief
06-07-2007, 07:40 PM
*points at 11 inch platforms on backorder*

O RLY?

I ordered a pair for some retarded reason... ^.^;;; Luckily they went on backorder and never arrived XD Heck... even I'D have troulbe walking in those >.>;;;

London: We'll root for ya from backstage!!! Er... unless we go before you >.>

~Ari-chan

london2191
06-07-2007, 08:44 PM
11 inches!?!? -dies- Dude, you'll be so taller than me if you wear those.

Contest=I am so excited =OO I have loads of friends already in it, kinda...You guys, LiL KRN YUNA, erm...other people I probably don't know about. Luckily you guys are in a different category than me. Coz' if you were in the same, you=winning. xD I'd be in youth and Ari said she just turned 16 which means she's in novice and I'm not sure what Ky-ky-chan is in. xD

How tall are you guys? :O

Queen Anime 99
06-07-2007, 11:56 PM
London, I don't have any pics of the clothing choices because I haven't brought anything yet. I was asking for you guys' opinions before I buy anything. And yes, I plan to get a lab coat (I've seen some really good lab coats), and black, leather pants (Sexy! XD). You like the dress shirt? Kewl. I may add wefts. I realize that the wig is not that hard to cut so I'm probably not going to get another wig. :D Oh yes! London, what color is your Mizuki ball outfit gonna be?

Phantom, you like the dress shirt, too? Awesomes! OMG. I love that picture you posted. That would be so awesome if you did that. ELEVEN INCH PLATFORMS!? Oh. My. God. ^0^ Well, you'll definitely be about Akiha's height.

Crap. I'm going to have to wear 5 inch heels to reach London's height. 0_o I can't wear heels that tall... ;_;

OMG. I forgot! Here are the pics of my Umeda glasses and my Umeda cigarrettes. Yay! XD

london2191
06-08-2007, 02:39 AM
Omg, I can't wait to see your Umeda. =DD I really should take pics...it's Casa Satin like godly Ari-chan suggested. It's a kind of creamy color. Yeah...when I get around to it, about tomorrow, I'll take a picture of the swatch so you can match if you wanna do Nakao. =D Don't forget his cute wig! =^^=

You guys should've seen my mom's face when she was looking through the book and we were talking about the dress and she was talking about Nakao and I told her that he was a guy and she was like....but he's wearing a dress. xDD

I'm sorry for my height guys. ^^;; I'm definitely going to be crouching down or bending over in all these pics then. Wanna sacrifice to cosplay and wear plats for me? =O

phantomthief
06-08-2007, 03:21 AM
Luckily you guys are in a different category than me. Coz' if you were in the same, you=winning. xD I'd be in youth and Ari said she just turned 16 which means she's in novice and I'm not sure what Ky-ky-chan is in. xD

How tall are you guys? :O

You better carry on my legacy and win it XD *bestows costume-making knowledge of the ancients upon you*

Ky and I should both be in the Novice catagory... That is, if Alucard doesn't go over well at NanDesuKan. (a week before AWA) ^.~
Technically, just about any sort of recognition at the NDK contest and I'm bumped up to Journeyman.

I'm 5'2 and Ky's... Er... an inch or so under me?

and black, leather pants

SCORE FOR AKIHAN! XDDDDD

~Ari-chan

Psycho_Acolyte~
06-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Last I measured, I was also 5'2". You're just almost always wearing higher shoes XDD

11" platforms huh... Well then, anyone would definetly be taller >.> That would hard to walk in though.

Come to think of it, I need to get to work on modifying Formal Ky ^____^

london2191
06-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Well....you guys would all need to wear a minimum of 5" heels....=DD -winks-

Ari-chan: I need help with a bow. >< You recently did Riku's lolita and I need to make a bow almost as similar as that...but with casa satin. =O And haahhaha, I hope I win. =\ But Hana-Kimi is pretty unknown and I don't have impressive props. =P

Ky-ky-chan: Hahahah, good luck dancing with me at the ball. Not only am I 5" taller...I have a huge 4'hoop hoopskirt. o.o

phantomthief
06-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Ari-chan: I need help with a bow. >< You recently did Riku's lolita and I need to make a bow almost as similar as that...but with casa satin. =O And haahhaha, I hope I win. =\ But Hana-Kimi is pretty unknown and I don't have impressive props. =P

I'm not sure how well it'll work with casa satin, but I'll help as much as I can ^______^ The trick is heavy interfacing >.>

Lemme take some pictures and I'll try to have a little photo tutorial up tonight :)

~Ari-chan

EDIT: And whaddya mean you don't have an impressive prop? You've got a Sano XD

london2191
06-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Hahahah, I dunno if Reamy's doing him for the contest tho'. =O But thank god she's taller than me. >_< And yay! =D The bow needs to be attached to the bodice tho'. Like, one piece on one side and one piece on the other and tied in the back.

phantomthief
06-08-2007, 11:39 PM
In my experience, no bow that you have to tie will actually look like that. >.<

My advice is to make the ties on the sides meet in the middle (snap together, etc) and stick a pre-made bow over it.

Here's that tutorial I promised :)

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=1926543#post1926543

~Ari-chan

phantomthief
06-09-2007, 02:59 AM
Okay guys, I fail at Akiha XDDDDDD
Waaaaaaay too much angst O_o;;;

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1121169

Here are a few more to show off the wig. (Yes I am hugging a bag of sugar XD) Now to go find a white shirt... And the wig still needs that trim...

~Ari-chan

london2191
06-09-2007, 04:07 AM
I was thinking about sewing the sides on and tying them in the middle and then sewing snaps on and some on to the bow and voila! =D

HOMG. You are too cute. x3 But you are so OOC in all those pics. Hahahah, do you have a schmancy camera? *lollll, ask Al if you can borrow his for some pics. xDD* I=So excited!

WAIT.

QueenAnime=Umeda
Ari-chan=Akihan
Reamy=Sano
London=Mizuki
Ky-Ky-chan=Nanba

That's all? =O I thought we were a bigger group...

london2191
06-11-2007, 04:51 AM
Yay doubleposting!

So queenanime, I took a two pictures of the remnants of my ball gown.

http://i11.tinypic.com/4vgcuwp.jpg

One is with flash, the other without. I layed my Namine dress next to it for comparison of the colors. The dress is white as the fabric is a creamy kinda color.

Queen Anime 99
07-05-2007, 08:55 PM
London, thank you so much for posting the reference pics. Unfortunately, I may not be able to attend AWA on Friday. ;_;

And yes, there are only a few of us. But, we rock. ^0^

Phantom, you are teh cutest. I love your bandana a lot for some reason. XD

london2191
08-15-2007, 06:27 PM
-revives-

Okay, so me and Reamy have no time on our hands so we're just doing summer uniforms. Will that make it easier for other people? *just short-sleeved white collar shirt with ohsaka on the sleeve and red tie*

Psycho_Acolyte~
08-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Hmm. That might make it easier. I'm still going to wear my long sleeve white button up shirt and the red tie. Just no sweater XD

phantomthief
08-16-2007, 02:57 AM
Have anyone seen the Japanese live action Hana Kimi? Everyone's name is right and it's nowhere near as... er... embarrassing as the Taiwan version XD
Kayashima teleports, Nakatsu's... Nakatsu., Himejima and the Drama department are hilarious (they wear capes. Everywhere.)

My only complaints are casting... Sano's voice is melt-worthy but he kinda looks like a druggie O_o Nakao needs to be a bit cuter X3 Umeda is... O_o Could've done better. However! NANBA. EWWWWWWWWWW... WHAT DID THEY DO TO HIM!? (He looks... greasy?)

But still a really good version! :D

~Ari-chan

Reamy
08-16-2007, 03:14 AM
Lols. I <3 EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD! WE SHALL BE MADE OF WIN!!!!

phantomthief
08-16-2007, 03:30 AM
Found character lists!

http://scrumptious.animeblogger.net/2007/07/03/hana-kimi-food-for-the-craving-fangirl-soul/

(Umeda: WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! X_x)

~Ari-chan

Reamy
08-16-2007, 03:32 AM
It jsut keeps getting worse and worse as the character list goes down....T^T

phantomthief
08-16-2007, 03:35 AM
Until you get to Shirota Yuu ^_____________________________^
*fangirls*

~Ari-chan

Reamy
08-16-2007, 03:36 AM
Exactly!

london2191
08-16-2007, 08:42 PM
-cough- TAIWANESE VERSION WINS THE WORLD. Although I do admit that Ella was bit of a wrong choice for Rui Xi, Wu Chun and whatever her face is in the Japanese drama would make an amazing Sano and Mizuki...even tho' there's a huge age difference. YAY WU CHUN. And I also equally like Xiu Yi and Nakatsu in both. -nods-

Queen Anime 99
09-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Hey guys! I've got almost everything ready. I'm so excited. ^_^ How's everyone coming along? I've been thinking, we should talk about photo ideas. Here are some of my ideas. Tell me your opinions on them and share some ideas.

Characters: Umeda Hokuto and Mizuki Ashiya
The story: In the manga, there is a scene where Umeda gives Mizuki a picture of him so she can use it to ward off Kinuko "The Crow" Karasuma (the photographer who's obsessed with Sano and is deathly afraid of Umeda). The only problem is that Umeda is posing half-naked! Mizuki is disgusted and throws the picture back at Umeda.

The photo: I was thinking of either drawing or taking a picture of myself posing like Umeda does in the manga. Mizuki could be looking at the photo while looking horrified and Umeda could be kinda smiling smugly. Maybe this picture can be taken from behind/to the side of Mizuki.

Characters: Akiha Hara and Umeda Hokuto.
Photo: Akiha (phantomthief) hugs Umeda (me) while he (I) looks disgusted and tries to push Akiha away. XD

Characters: Sano Izumi and Mizuki Ashiya
Photo: Sano (Reamy) and Mizuki (london) rest against a structure of some sort with Mizuki's head leaning on Sano's shoulder. Sano is smiling, while Mizuki looks dreamy.

Characters: Nanba Minami and Umeda Hokuto
Photo: Nanba (psycho acolyte) and Umeda stand next to one another. Nanba and Umeda both have their hands in their pockets sorta facing each other. They're both smiling.

Characters: Mizuki Ashiya and Umeda Hokuto
Photo: Mizuki, possibly thanking Umeda for doing something for her, hugs Umeda, while Umeda looks shocked/annoyed.

Characters: Nanba Minami and Mizuki Ashiya
Photo: Nanba and Mizuki are sitting on a bench (or on something). Nanba has his arms around Mizuki's shoulders and he's looking all "flirty-like" while Mizuki looks surprised/nervous.

Characters: Sano Izumi and Mizuki Ashiya
Photo: The infamous "hug." Mizuki hugs Sano from behind and Sano looks shocked. Or maybe Mizuki hugs Sano while Sano pats Mizuki's head, while smiling gently. In either photo idea, Mizuki looks sad, but is happy (Like the time when Sano finally did his high jump after being injured in the car accident).

Characters: Umeda Hokuto and Mizuki Ahiya
Story: Umeda will occasionally pretend to strip and/or dress up in a bikini and dance with maracas (XD) in order to get Mizuki's mind off of something that's bothering her.

Photo: Umeda takes off his lab coat while Mizuki looks shocked/embarrassed.

Characters: Sano Izumi and Akiha Hara
Story: Akiha Hara loves sweet things...alot. Sano doesn't like sweet things...at all. Akiha + sweets + Sano = danger. XD

Photo: Akiha and Sano are sitting (grass, ground, bench, etc.). Akiha has a ton of lollipops in each hand (maybe some in his lap and/or on the ground) and looks really happy, while Sano looks horrified.

Characters: Akiha Hara, Sano Izumi, Mizuki Ashiya, and Nanba Minami
Photo: To do this, someone else must have a camera. Akiha has his camera pointed at Mizuki, Sano, and Nanba and they are all posing. Maybe this can be a back/side shot.

Well, those are my ideas. :D

I would just like to mention that when I get super excited, I have trouble changing my expressions. (Like, I'm all: ^0^). I'm going to work on that. Please be patient with me. I'm not really a photoshoot person (ubershy). ^_^

Oh yeah. Are you guys going to use your cosplay names or do you want to be called another name? You guys can call me Queen A or Queen Anime 99 or Queenie. Or Umeda. XD

OMG. I just realized how dead I'm going to be. I hope it's not going to be really hot. Wig + lab coat + black long-sleeved shirt + black pants = death. XD Everybody makes sure to bring some water. I'm probably going to bring a small, portable fan.

london2191
09-16-2007, 01:17 PM
lol, it's getting pretty cool by this time of year so you should be okay.

You should go ahead and print those so we know what to do. =)

phantomthief
09-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Call me Ari!~ (Or "Akihaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan" XD)

Akiha's finished and I have candy so I'm happy ^______^
And we just got a super-special awesome looking camera X3

~Ari-chan

Reamy
09-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Jsut call me Reamy or Rea. ^_^
Sano and Mizuki are almost done! One pair of pants only needs bottom leg hemming, and the other pair of pants is in the works.
My platforms are in...I shall be about 5'11...I'll tower over you all...
Black hair check...I'll be getting a hair cut styled Sano-esque on Wen.
I need to pick up embrodered tops adn vest. Stitch in the red band on the vest's collar.
We have ties, make-up, wigs, hair, yata yata yata...we'll be set!

I love your photo ideas!!!
I bought a HUGE ass sunflower so I want to do a cute sceen iwth it!!!

Sano +Mizuki = kiss behind the flower! (not really...but we'll MAKE it look like it)

london2191
09-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Aw, I'm really sad that I won't be able to get some pictures with you guys in my ballgown. If anyone of ya'll are doing your Hana-Kimi cosplays on Friday or Saturday PLEASE LEMME KNOW. O_O

Yep, she has those platforms because I have 2 inch heels in my dress and even without those, I'm 5'7. o_O The ties are done, shirts bought, embroideries being finished, pants done by Reamy, stiching need to be done, everything hair wise should be done, prop-wise all is done. -nods- WHOOHOO. We shall be the most kickassishevar.

Queen Anime 99
09-19-2007, 09:43 PM
So cool that everyone's ready or nearly ready. I will add Reamy's idea (Very cute, by the way. ^_^) to the list of photoshoot ideas and I'll print it out tomorrow.

Ari, I can't wait to see the camera. And the candy. XD

Oh man, I am going to be so short. I think I'll be, like, 5'5'' at the most. XD (I am sorry, but platforms = death ^_^) I am so excited!!!! This is going to be teh cool.

london2191
09-19-2007, 10:16 PM
:O Oh man, Mizuki cannot be taller than Umeda. >_< You'll need to figure something out hun or we'll all look outta order.

So is anyone not doing the contest and willing to join as a Hana-Kimi character? Or is anyone wearing their Hana-Kimi cosplays Friday night, Saturday morning or Saturday night so I can get pictures with them?

Reamy
09-19-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm wearing Sano friday, sun., and if all goes well, part of saturday as well..^_^

DUDE! THe costumes ilooking bloody brilliant!!!!

Awe thankies Queenie! It thought it was a cute idea as well. I got my hair cut! O______O Omg...I really do look a bit liek sano with it now...woahs...OxO

Queen Anime 99
09-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Well, I do have some boots that are like 3 1/2 inches which would put me between 5'5.5 and 5'6''. I can't find any boots over 3 1/2 inches, though. Plus, I'm not used to wearing really, really high shoes (That may be dangerous)... ^_^; Maybe my hair will make me taller. I can't make myself any taller, unfortunately. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sorry, Saturday I'm doing Princess Kairi all day. (I might not be going Friday. If I do though, I'll go as Umeda)

london2191
09-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Mmm, wear those boots hun. And please go Friday, I'd love some pictures with you in my dress. =(