PDA

View Full Version : I need Help

RanChan03
08-19-2002, 02:44 AM
Trying to make a 2002 D costume and i need help
i need a pic where i can as an example, and what materials should i use for it

Ayaka
08-19-2002, 03:18 AM
It's very late here, and I shouldn't be up (noisy storm, couldn't sleep), so I'll just give you the basics tonight.

Start out with getting yourself some patterns, then fabric. If it's your first time, use something easy like a cotton or your basic cotton/polyester blend (which I find better, since it's less see-through and softer). But do that stuff before you start fussing with accessories, that's my advice anyway. Oh yes, and do you have any sewing experience or know anyone who does? This is really important. Isn't MTAC soon? (doesn't really know)

BUT. Obviously before you do that, you need to get a pic and analyze what you need to do. And, if you have the DVD, watch some of the scenes a few times, do some slow-mo, try to get a look at the basic elements of the costume and the details. But to get yourself some pics, do a Google search for "Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust gallery" or something, and go to the Anipike and look under the VHD links.

Okay. I try to go to bed now. ;P I'm sure other people will help you out in the morning . . .

engrish
08-21-2002, 12:56 AM
Yes you must look at pictures of the character many many times until you get sick of it. Try to get images of a side and back view also. Is it going to be a tight or loose fitting costume? Knit or woven fabric? Are you going to use a sewing pattern, design from scratch, or modify an existing outfit? These are questions that should be answered before you buy anything. Don't forget to set a budget and "try" to stick to it.

good luck