PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda 07

SheikahPrincess
03-05-2007, 11:19 AM
I don't know if anyone is planning to dress up from Legend of Zelda for Youmacon this year. Well, if anyone is planning to, just post, and if we get enough people, I'll try to see if we can get a photoshoot for this year. ^_^
:rockon: :bigtu:

The-Real-Link
03-06-2007, 01:46 AM
I'm there...but you already knew that ^_~. Yes a Zelda-themed photoshoot this year would be awesome. We've already seen a couple LOZ cosplayers attend Youma during the past couple years.

SheikahPrincess
03-06-2007, 06:08 AM
Right....I'll be willing to organize this if people can post here. XD Cause a good majority of people I've asked said they had no idea what cosplay.com was....--_- And I knew you'd be here, TRL. It's because you're that awesome! ^_^

thefemalemiroku
05-18-2007, 03:28 PM
i've been wanting to do a zelda cosplay so i might but not sure yet

RaaBee
06-27-2007, 12:51 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll be going this year which means I'll be carting my Quill costume along

TokyoPanda8683
07-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Im going as Link in his Zora armor. Im finished with the head piece, shirt, skirt-thing, and pants. Im about 90% don with the jacket. I just need to hem it and add the yellow to the sleeve. ANd I need to make the chaps and the boots... I mean the flippers XD. Im thinking of making the weapon the Zoras carry.

Forcebewitya
07-31-2007, 02:36 AM
I know that my girlfriend (Sheik) and I will be there for sure and hopefully the rest of our Zelda group from Wisconsin.

Forcebewitya.

MissShanksALot
07-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Sweet...This is going to be fun...^_^

TokyoPanda8683
08-08-2007, 08:12 PM
So what time and place and day?

Elemental
09-04-2007, 09:30 PM
I'll be bringing Midna, luck willing!

InkyLink
09-05-2007, 10:18 PM
I know that my girlfriend (Sheik) and I will be there for sure and hopefully the rest of our Zelda group from Wisconsin.

Forcebewitya.

lol, yeah as long as I get a new job between now and then I'm going. ^_^'

-InkyLink

lunaladyoflight
09-13-2007, 06:46 PM
I'll be there as Zelda :P

MissShanksALot
09-14-2007, 03:32 PM
YAY BIG SISTER IS GONNA HAVE ZELDA DONE!! *hug* <3

TokyoPanda8683
09-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Well I did end up finishing my Zora costume but when I put it all on.. I was lik "OMG there is NO way Im walking around in this!" Its hot and heavy and augh. No way. So Im just going as Twilight Princess' version of Link. Im in the prosses of making his ball and chain. Unfortunetly, I couldnt find a styrofoam ball that is as big as the one Link has, but oh well. I added on the chain and now I need to paint it and add gold spikes. :dance:

Tabby Catty
09-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Well, I'm considering on cosplaying Agahnim from Link to the Past, but I'm currently working on my Konan costume so I'm not sure if I'll start it until probably Februaryish, maybe if I get a decent job next summer, I can probably be able to wear it next year for Youmacon.

l-o-z
09-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Depending on when and where Youmacon is, then I might be able to go.

If I buy fiberglass cloth, wood, and some sort of brown suede material, then I should have the costume finished in a few months.

I'll have to save up and ask my parents nicely if we can go on vacation, though =P

Forcebewitya
09-21-2007, 02:15 AM
It's in Detroit Michigan if that helps your decision out.

Forcebewitya.

l-o-z
09-21-2007, 06:19 AM
Yeah... Michigan is about 800 miles away, I think.

It's possible - I'll need to convince my parents to let me go by getting good grades, etc.

Now, it really depends when it is held this year - if I'm not on vacation when it's held, I can't go...

Forcebewitya
09-24-2007, 01:13 AM
November 2-4th you could google it too ya know ^_^

Forcebewitya.

MissShanksALot
09-24-2007, 06:55 PM
the site is youmacon.com That should help as well...XD

I'm so excited for this once. Once again, I won't have a zelda outfit, but I will be taking pictures of the group. Hope ya'll still love me. XD LOL

Forcebewitya
10-01-2007, 01:02 PM
the site is youmacon.com That should help as well...XD

I'm so excited for this once. Once again, I won't have a zelda outfit, but I will be taking pictures of the group. Hope ya'll still love me. XD LOL

only if you have a zelda costume for acen jk ^_^ I'm getting so excited for this! The hotel and registration is all paid off!

Forcebewitya.

MissShanksALot
10-09-2007, 02:14 PM
only if you have a zelda costume for acen jk ^_^ I'm getting so excited for this! The hotel and registration is all paid off!

Forcebewitya.

LOL I can't wait. I'm actually gonna try and have a zelda outfit for Acen.

l-o-z
10-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Nov 2-4? That's Friday through Sunday...

Damn... it's gonna be hard. But I might be there. Not only hard in terms of timing and schoolwork, but also because it leaves me less than a month to make my costume.

Plus, I'm very close to starting to film Majora's Farce.

Unfortunately, it just looks as if I won't be able to go...

InkyLink
10-19-2007, 01:19 AM
LOL I can't wait. I'm actually gonna try and have a zelda outfit for Acen.

Yeah? How's that coming by the way? Think you'll make it? ^_^

-InkyLink

The-Real-Link
10-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Dude, this is going to rock very much so. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to steal some of you guys for photoshoot goodness lol. Now the challenge is if I can actually get in garb for this *while* running around doing staff photography too.

Newly created thread on the Youma forums here:
http://youmacon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=33453#33453

We'll have to decide somewhat quickly as to what you guys want to do. Again, if a time during an important Main Event or something works better for the bulk of you, that's fine. I'm doing my staff photography for the bulk of the time and if you guys don't like the listed times, by all means suggest a change. Don't want to make it inconvenient for you guys ;)

MissShanksALot
10-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah? How's that coming by the way? Think you'll make it? ^_^

-InkyLink

Well...Ashei was a total failure thanks to my mom..*coughs* But I'm planning on doing SOMETHING for Acen. I'm just not sure what. XD I'm pretty sure if I start after youmacon, I'll have it done. I think ....>_><_< XDDD

InkyLink
10-21-2007, 01:49 AM
Well...Ashei was a total failure thanks to my mom..*coughs* But I'm planning on doing SOMETHING for Acen. I'm just not sure what. XD I'm pretty sure if I start after youmacon, I'll have it done. I think ....>_><_< XDDD

lol, I totally didn't even read that part about you doing it for ACEN, lol! I was thinking you were going to have it for Youma-Con, lol.

What costume did you have in mind?

-InkyLink

Forcebewitya
10-21-2007, 02:03 AM
Dude, this is going to rock very much so. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to steal some of you guys for photoshoot goodness lol. Now the challenge is if I can actually get in garb for this *while* running around doing staff photography too.

Newly created thread on the Youma forums here:
http://youmacon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=33453#33453

We'll have to decide somewhat quickly as to what you guys want to do. Again, if a time during an important Main Event or something works better for the bulk of you, that's fine. I'm doing my staff photography for the bulk of the time and if you guys don't like the listed times, by all means suggest a change. Don't want to make it inconvenient for you guys ;)

Sounds good TRL. It will be cool to see you again. Anytime should work well for me I think.

Forcebewitya.

lunaladyoflight
10-21-2007, 08:39 PM
After talking to TRL today we're hovering around sometime later Friday.

I know that's the only time I can manage to make it, and the only day I can wear Zelda. (Link to the Past)

~Luna

Zoroko
10-21-2007, 09:29 PM
ARR I wish I could go to Youma! XD

MissShanksALot
10-22-2007, 07:15 AM
lol, I totally didn't even read that part about you doing it for ACEN, lol! I was thinking you were going to have it for Youma-Con, lol.

What costume did you have in mind?

-InkyLink

Thats the problem. I'm not sure what costume I want to make. -_-;; I was thinking Impa from OoT....but...I dunno >_>

InkyLink
10-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Thats the problem. I'm not sure what costume I want to make. -_-;; I was thinking Impa from OoT....but...I dunno >_>

That would be cool! I think you'd make a great Impa! ^_^

-InkyLink

MissShanksALot
10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
That would be cool! I think you'd make a great Impa! ^_^

-InkyLink

Ya think? ^_^;; I was considering it, but I wasn't sure....lol. I'll think about that...It wouldn't be too hard to make...LOL ^_^

The-Real-Link
10-22-2007, 06:06 PM
After talking to TRL today we're hovering around sometime later Friday.

I know that's the only time I can manage to make it, and the only day I can wear Zelda. (Link to the Past)

~Luna

That very well might have to be the time then due to people's restrictions. As groups grow larger it becomes impossible to please everyone but seeing as howFriday evening would be good, I forsee that this shouldn't be too much of a problem for most people. I'll check the Youma thread again but if anyone wants to toss an alternative gathering time out if Friday isn't good, feel free to post it or let me know. Seeing lots of awesome LoZ people at Youma is a wonderful thing, and I'd *like* the worst thing to happen being that people who don't make the main shoot to still get some photos or a photoshoot etc.

Zoroko - Your avatar rocks! LOL

Edit - Revised down the possible times for Friday. If this works for everyone, I'll check back in a few days and finalize the times. Post is here:
http://youmacon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=33769#33769

Thanks.

InkyLink
10-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Ya think? ^_^;; I was considering it, but I wasn't sure....lol. I'll think about that...It wouldn't be too hard to make...LOL ^_^

Yeah! I think you'd pull it off quite well. ^_^ Plus, we haven't had any Impas at any Zelda group I've ever been to! ^_^

-InkyLink

Zoroko
10-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Zoroko - Your avatar rocks! LOL

Haha~
Thanks! XD

Forcebewitya
10-23-2007, 02:58 PM
I think your suggested time of 10 PM works great for me and my group. I know two of us might have to wait till the bank opens and then pay our tuition since it s due that day so that would mean we would leave Madison later and not get to Youmacon till later in the evening. So basically 10 sounds great!

Forcebewitya.

The-Real-Link
10-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Ah so you'd make it Friday night then basically? Ok that's alright. Then again I don't want you to drive all that way, drop your bags, then change for a photoshoot lol. If you want to go later, I'm a night owl so np by me. 10pm though would be realistically as early as we could do it due to my other obligations. We'll see as the day pans out. I think you might have my cell# but feel free to call or PM me so we can keep in touch on things.

lunaladyoflight
10-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Yay 10pm would rock!!!

MissShanksALot
10-24-2007, 06:16 AM
10 pm sounds good to me as well. ^_^

I'm gonna add Impa to my list then. XD

InkyLink
10-24-2007, 09:27 AM
10 pm sounds good to me as well. ^_^

I'm gonna add Impa to my list then. XD

^_^ Yay!

-InkyLink

Forcebewitya
10-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Ah so you'd make it Friday night then basically? Ok that's alright. Then again I don't want you to drive all that way, drop your bags, then change for a photoshoot lol. If you want to go later, I'm a night owl so np by me. 10pm though would be realistically as early as we could do it due to my other obligations. We'll see as the day pans out. I think you might have my cell# but feel free to call or PM me so we can keep in touch on things.

Well I'd like to arrive mid afternoon so 10 should give us a lot of time to do whatever and get into costume. See you all Friday night!

Forcebewitya.

MissShanksALot
10-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Yay! I'll be there in mid afternoon as well. If anyone needs me that day for stuff, give me a call! ^_~

M.SAL

lunaladyoflight
10-31-2007, 12:54 AM
I'll be getting there around 6:30-7pm hopefully. I'll be wearing Zelda all Friday night-ish. Although I won't be staying too late, tech rehearsal the next day.

Forcebewitya
11-06-2007, 11:47 AM
I just wanted to thank Doug and everyone that participated in the Zelda photoshoot it was a lot of fun ^_^ cant wait to see those pictures.

Forcebewitya.

The-Real-Link
11-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Likewise FBW. Everyone who came and helped out with stuff rocked. Too bad our group wasn't bigger but I think we got a lot of good shots. Give me time but they'll be up eventually via my LJ as a giant private photoshoot.

InkyLink
11-08-2007, 04:19 AM
Likewise FBW. Everyone who came and helped out with stuff rocked. Too bad our group wasn't bigger but I think we got a lot of good shots. Give me time but they'll be up eventually via my LJ as a giant private photoshoot.

Yeah, here's a thanks from me personally as well. ^_^ I think you got some awesome shots! I can't wait to see them!

It was really great meeting you Luna, and seeing Katie and Doug again! We've all got to go to OhayoCon!

-InkyLink

MissShanksALot
11-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Most definately...^_^ I'm glad everyone had fun. *calls dibs on arranging the gathering for next year* XD Anyways, It was a pleasure seeing everyone again. And We should go out to dinner again...very fun. LOL Hope to see ya'll at Ohayo, ACen, and Youmacon. *salutes*

~M.SAL

lunaladyoflight
11-08-2007, 03:34 PM
I can't wait for Ohayo. I'll have ears and earrings by then XDD

Inky, you and Force are awesome XD

Much <3 to you both.

InkyLink
11-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Hurray guys! I can't wait! ^_^

-InkyLink