PDA

View Full Version : Last weekend to cram!!!!!

JacksUsername
04-09-2003, 07:06 PM
Heh, just thought I'd start this thread to let people post what they're planning to do or what they have left on their costumes...almost like a status report and how crazy they are going...

er...well I'm losing it anyway :P

I've decided that I'm going to try and have a Wolverine costume for the first day...I just have to go home this weekend and do some patchwork on the jacket and the shirt. I'll use premade pants and I picked up some Commando military boots I have to make adjustments to at an army/navy store

The second day I'll probably be going as the Moulin Rouge inspired costume you can see in my costume gallery.

And the third day, I think I'm just going to take pieces of pre-existing costumes and make a mesh of everything....I think I'll have a bandana-ish thing on my forehead, scarf, tunic, long black sleeves, with long black pants and the boots again...

ack! only a week and a half...start panicking!

Something Lulu
04-09-2003, 07:19 PM
I'm panicking alright! I've had a bunch of free days/nights this week to work on stuff and I just haven't. I meant to go out yesterday or today to pick up the last pieces of costumes that I can buy (i.e. Dita's gloves and sunglasses, Tifa's suspenders, a few more belts for Lulu) and I've just gotten caught up with stuff in my house and I haven't gotten out. And tomorrow I have to be at work at 8 instead of the usual 2 so I can't stay up until 4 tonight getting stuff done. >_< Saturday is the next day off and I'm going to my mom's to do laundry. So basically everything needs to get done before and after work and on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week.

Oh crap I only have 2 full days left to work on stuff. >_< That's it, I'm getting to work now.

kitty_neko
04-09-2003, 07:57 PM
gah, ive been working like crazy!! x_X
i think all i have to do is secure a few more belts on the pants for Squall and fix up / finish the gunblade.... grrr, mean spray paint >_<!

thankfully, i have a whole week of vacation right before AB ^__^;

JacksUsername
04-09-2003, 08:02 PM
cool, what did you make the gunblade out of anyway? MM,, vacation would be nice...stupid college.

I know how you feel, Something Lulu, all my supplies and sewing machine are back at my house and I want to avoid bringing all the material up to my dorm, so its this weekend or nothing sewing wise for me....there's just not enough full days to get a lot done....stupid attention span :P

kitty_neko
04-09-2003, 08:04 PM
i made it out of insulation foam... which is why it MELTED when i tryed to spray paint it... ;-; it cost me a few days to fill all the holes and such, but i should be re-painting soon... >_<

Oshi
04-09-2003, 08:25 PM
Bad kitty... ah well, learn through experience ^^;

Well, I gotta make Tidus' sword... (out of wood, mind you; no pansy insulation foam for me =P )
Finish up my Rufus coat... and make gloves for Rufus (fingerless, wee!)

Now, my problem is, I'm working every night except Saturday... and I dunno aobut Wednesday before.. but Thursday I'm gonna be busy packing and stuff... heh.

sailor-moon
04-09-2003, 08:27 PM
i need to re-style like 4 wigs>< gah>< ::dies::: ..that an iron out like 3 cotumes..not much to do^__^. thi si my relaxing con^.^ hehe

MrWonderfulToji
04-09-2003, 09:28 PM
my costume is done :D
but if it makes you feel better, I had 5 papers to write over the weekend, and 2 more assigned yesterday... it is brutal.
well at least AB is almost here right?
and my group is in complete disarray, the kid we left in charge of hotels is starting now... and our ride is now saying his car is being problematic.....
argh..
sean

Allia
04-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Kitty_neko I learned the hard way too. I hate learning the hard way. I have been making my friends costumes because they are so lazy. Anyway I still have to fix up my friends shoulder armor. I have to finish my friends mechanical arm which is like 30%done. On top of that I have my own costume to sew together, paint, style the wig a bit, and make fuzzy arm and leg things. I almost forgot the fun of sewing my ears to the wig. Someone tell me this is all just a bad dream and that I'm at the con already with costumes done.

hikura
04-09-2003, 09:43 PM
I thought i was done with my costume today.Gues what?I am not.I broke my staff cause i tripped.I have to fix the head part.I think i can superglue it back together and do some painting on it to touch it up.It should be done.I was pissed when it happened.I wanted to cry.

EvilMoogleQueen
04-09-2003, 10:12 PM
I'm planning to throw together a noir cosplay over spring break, before the con. It shouldnt be that hard to do. all the things i need to both of the costumes can be found in stores. but I need to get a wig for kirika. i'll probabaly run buy a few costume shops and check to see if i can find one. if i order it online it probabaly wont come in time. if I cant find one, then I guess my sister will just have to be kirika with long hair.

lialia
04-09-2003, 10:27 PM
i have to finish the decorations on my dark gunner shirt and take it in a bit
i have to attach the belt to the skirt and attach the materia to tifas gloves
i need to MAKE my umi *cries*

JacksUsername
04-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by sailor-moon
i need to re-style like 4 wigs>< gah>< ::dies::: ..that an iron out like 3 cotumes..not much to do^__^. thi si my relaxing con^.^ hehe

oh, i see, rubbing it in, eh? :P j/k although restyling four wigs still doesn't sound exactly quick and non-time consuming

looks like most people are in for a busy weekend, man, that sucks about the broken staff, depending on what you used to, those wooden stick dowels would also help, but that's only if its from a cooperating material. And now I know for future cosplaying that spray paint and foam dont' mix...yikes. Good luck everyone!

Something Lulu
04-09-2003, 11:36 PM
Okay, I just had a new costume added to my plate. >_< My boyfriend is now insisting that I make him a Jima costume. I'm gonna stay up tonight and finish the little sewing stuff for Dita (Tifa's done). After that I have to buy a bunch of stuff before I can work on anything else.

RichAyanami
04-10-2003, 02:48 AM
*takes deep breath, I've got to bleach my hair, learn to put on makeup, and finish my gun. ...wait a minute, that doesn't sound like a lot at all... [shrugs] but this gun is going to be a pain in the butt, it's not looking anything like what it's supposed to be yet...

...oh and depending on which substitute Kyo I wanna do, I may have to throw some lace onto a shirt... :-D

RichAyanami
04-10-2003, 02:54 AM
OH CRAP! That just reminded me of an entire outfit that I need to find! GAAAAAHHH!!!

Koumori
04-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Oh, I'm panicking. The boots for my Wedding Yuna costume never arrived (do NOT order from How Cool. Ever) and so I'm without a masquerade entry AND without a new costume for Saturday. I haven't decided yet whether to use one of my old ones, not wear a costume at all, or try to pull out something new in the next week. I may attempt a Lightning Fast White Mage Yuna instead. We'll see how that works.

lialia
04-10-2003, 11:02 AM
o.O koumori your beldandy came out awesome! what day are u wearing it cant wait to see

oh and i dont know if you have this store near you but theres one in the square one mall in saugus called blaze and they sell all kinds of funky shoes and boots. if u want i can take a peep and let u know
i can ask if they have one in the burlington mall if they have some

forgot that i dont have a wig for my umi...demmit ill have to get a cheapo one :/
the only one im freaking on now is umi and hopefully ill get a large chunk done today

Koumori
04-10-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by lialia
o.O koumori your beldandy came out awesome! what day are u wearing it cant wait to see

Thanks! Friday. :)

oh and i dont know if you have this store near you but theres one in the square one mall in saugus called blaze and they sell all kinds of funky shoes and boots. if u want i can take a peep and let u know

Thanks, you're sweet. But when it became clear that I wouldn't have the boots, I also became.. um, less diligent about actually finishing the costume. ;) Maybe for A-Kon. I'll be at the Burlington mall over the weekend, though, so I'll check there.

number18
04-10-2003, 12:36 PM
Egh...well tonight I am bleaching my hair, since my brown hair peeks out from my wig, which has to be pushed past one ear and my hair is too short to just hang out behind me ear...I'm waiting and hoping and praying that a wig I ordered will show up in time for the con, otherwise I'll have to wear a crap cheapo wig that I'm wearing in my gallery pics...PLUS all this time I was pushing back the hair behind the ear on the WRONG side! So if I have to use my old crappy wig and am unable to find a new blond one for cheapo, it will suck cause ...well.....i have a real shitty wig.

Then I still need to find a brown belt with a round buckle (though that's not totally important), and I decided that the original way I sewed the shirt that goes beneath my #18 vest is kind of shitty around where the sleevesmeet the arms, so I am thinking of pulling out the thread and redoing it...which is not a good idea to me cause it is so last minute and I am not comfy with pulling out the sewing...especially since the fabric on my shirt is like......well.....argh!

Also, if my friend is going to cosplay with me as #17, which is a last minute decision, I need to pick up some felt to make his Red Ribbon Army symbol....possibly a black wig...and like.....my costume is ok, but I am hoping all the details pull together. I am a perfectionist...

Oh yeah, and once my wig from witchwigs.com gets here, I have to cut and style it...phew...god. This thread is making me panic!

lialia
04-10-2003, 04:53 PM
*dies*

man my umi armour is sooooooo ghetto-fabulous, its made entirely of fabric, stiffner, and hot glue

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=33066&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500

looks ok here but i dunno i think ill only be wearing it for an hour or two

Something Lulu
04-10-2003, 08:56 PM
I did something really stupid today. I was out shopping for remaining costume pieces after work, and I was doing well, but then I bought a flatiron. Which is okay, because it's only something like $5 more than it would cost to get my hair straightened at a salon, and this will be good for more than a week. But then I saw Sephora across the street, and in a nutshell, I got sucked in and ended up spending $54 on makeup for my costumes, which is something I *cannot* afford to be doing. And I didn't even get my Dita sunglasses or gloves or Tifa's darn suspenders! So now I have to return the stupid makeup that I shouldn't have bought in the first place. >_< But I got some things for my Lulu costume, and hopefully I can have it finished by tomorrow night.

At the moment I'm waiting for my hair to dry so i can test out the flatiron. ^_^ I'm such a girl sometimes lol.

PLUS all this time I was pushing back the hair behind the ear on the WRONG side!

lol Don't worry about it, I was parting my hair as Tifa on the wrong side every single time I wore the costume, through 2 cons. And I think I wore the elbow guard on the wrong elbow most of the times I actually put it on. That thing was made out of padding wrapped in fabric with acrylic paint on it. >_< Talk about ghetto fab.

TyJILDown
04-10-2003, 08:57 PM
UGH working right now as we speak! Being that I didn't get my replacement sewing machine until TODAY!

As for Wallmarket Cloud:
Restyle the HORRIBLE custom wig job I wasted $80 on.
make a red wrap to tie around waist of dress

Sivil:
Reattach headpiece to different headband so it can ACTUALLY be worn with the wig.
Attempt to finish up spandex bootcovers...
Add inivisble zipper to bodysuit, attach shoulder pieces & sleeves Add details on back & legs, sew leg seams & finally add some minor sequin trim
sew "thong" type thingy to wear on the outside ^^;;;

Then FINALLY pack everything!

Oshi, btw, if you need to work on anything Thursday night, bring the shit to my place and use my machine last minute ^^;;

hikura
04-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Thank god i fixed my staff that i broke last night.It came out pretty good the fix job that is.It looked a lot better before i broke it but still came out wonderful.Now if anyone wants some minor help as such as looking for items i will try to help you.Plus while at the con if you need a little help for anything maybe i can help.Anyways i wish you all luck and i want to get lots of photos plus i am hoping i can bring along a camcorder to this con.If i can yeah live actual feed of the con to pass around to my friends espically my friends who can not make it to cons normally.So smile and say cheese.

Cocoa
04-10-2003, 10:26 PM
*laughs* Glad to see I'm not the only last-minute person here. I have to finish Yolei's peach jacket (It's cut out, and I have two seams sewn ^^:), put buttonholes and buttons on TB Seishirou (Yes, it sounds simple...but I've never made button holes before), find buckles for TB Sei and sew those and the collar straps on, get shoes for Yolei, borrow boots for X18 Subaru, figure out make-up (I never wear it, so I'm dragging friends who do into coming with me to buy it), and figure out the best way to keep my boobs from showing under the turtleneck for X18 Subaru.

My TB Subaru informed me yesterday that she couldn't come to my friends' random little party/Gravi-marathon we're having Saturday afternoon because she was going to be locked in her room, sewing. Her younger sister, our Hokuto, mentioned something vague about electrical tape and sewing machines not mixing on her LJ...I decided it was best not to ask.

Mmmm, procrastination.

Koumori
04-10-2003, 11:14 PM
Yeah.. sewing through electrical tape or anything sticky won't work. I discovered this when trying to sew down some of that stick-on Velcro (tm) for extra security. It made the worst mess.

tsukinohime
04-10-2003, 11:44 PM
I know you probably don't want to, Koumori, but my vote is Sailor Neptune for Saturday! And by the way, the shigure costume looks awesome!! I wish I had a Tohru seifuku so I could steal you for pictures!

Koumori
04-11-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by tsukinohime
I know you probably don't want to, Koumori, but my vote is Sailor Neptune for Saturday! And by the way, the shigure costume looks awesome!! I wish I had a Tohru seifuku so I could steal you for pictures!

You are too sweet for words. I hate the way that costume looks on me. But I promised my friends I would do a group for Otakon so it looks like I'm stuck with it. :) Neptune could work - I wish the wig were a little less GREEN, but that can always be fixed at Some Later Date. I'm going to try to do White Mage Yuna between now and then, but I may end up ultimately too strapped for time.

Sephora is an evil shop. I have to go to the mall this weekend to get some Dermablend for my tattoo, and I was going to go in there to see if I could find something good and non-smeary for Belldandy's face markings, but I am deeply afraid.

ChibiRinoa
04-11-2003, 09:59 AM
the dyed shoes i ordered for my neptune costume are supposed to be done a few days before the con 0.o thats just cutting it so close for me!! i also realized that i can only make it on Saturday, and not Friday, so i have to figure out how i want to order the costumes i want to wear, Neptune to pair up with Tellu most of the day, leaving a Squall alone, or Rinoa to pair up with Squall and leave the Tellu alone.....its just a matter of which one would be easier to change into

number18
04-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Something Lulu, you use "ghetto fab" in the best way. I think I have a crush on you for it. lol...

Dyed my hair last night...it came out kind of shitty. My friend "helped" me do it...but like....in the front, ....err...lets just say its not all around even and you can STILL see my roots peeking through at certain places. I am going to have to re-bleach it before the con...well, not FOR the con, but for my own satisfaction cause having roots peek out is shitty. :/ I want to blame my friend but not.....but...I kept asking if it looked okay and she kept saying yes and ....ergh. I hate shitty dye jobs. It's like a waste of money.

ANYHOOT, still waiting eagerly for witchwigs.com wig to arrive in the mail...lord knows when THAT will be. And now I'm wondering if the other, more "accurate" jean jacket that I have for my costume is better. I have one jean jacket that used to be a jean button-up blouse that I just ripped the sleeves off. It's form fitting and already has the Red Ribbon Army logo on the back. But I have the other vest, that is the actual length of 18s...it has no RRA logo...and I'm not sure if the other vest looks better or not. So many last minute decisions I didn't think I'd have. >.<

lialia
04-11-2003, 02:54 PM
wee umi's is 80% !!!! all i gotta do i spraypaint mah armour after a few more layers of modgepodge

hikura
04-11-2003, 03:03 PM
Go lialia.It sounds like your are a great costume maker.

lialia
04-11-2003, 03:05 PM
psssshhhht please im too new at this to be ne good
this one is going to be sooo ghetto i actually think ill only wear it for a few hours. then ill put onmy nice comfy tifa lol

Mako-san
04-11-2003, 05:44 PM
hmmm Okay!! its friday! Yay!! i'm hella tired :bigcry:

So far I have one costume done(Ashura, RG Veda) one costume like some of us is waiting on a fishnet shirt to arrive in the mail but its like 85% done(Asuka, Real Bout High School) my Lolita outfit is progressing, I hope to have it finished tonight (Lolita) but I'm waiting on my platform maryjanes, which should have arrive a day ago but they just shipped it, so I'm hoping it gets here before we leave :thumbsup:
and my EGA (Elegant Gothic Aristocrat) well I have the hat done and the suit but I need to put more accessories on it so its 70% done, So i'll be working my booty off this weekend.

hikura
04-11-2003, 06:01 PM
You know what most costume makers say that lialia but trust me i am sure everyones costume including the one that your making will be great.Either way i would love a pic of the umi costume(i'm a huge fan of magic knight rayearth).*Never doubt yourself*

Zan
04-11-2003, 09:24 PM
(Sorry, I've been lurking ^__^)
I can't wait to see everyone's costumes though- sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. I'm only really going to be there on friday (saturday is going to be eaten up by the masque!) as FF8 Selphie Balamb Garden uniform... I wasn't sure which thread to say hi to y'all in but this one seemed good... see you at Anime Boston!

sailor-moon
04-11-2003, 09:26 PM
um..what are we all doing here when we should be working on costumes XD lol hahahaa

Dewy
04-11-2003, 09:28 PM
...Bah. I'm awfull at sewing, and I have to figure out how to within the week... I thought to do the kimono base for an Ukyo costume, my history teacher says if we present our projects in costume we get an A on a quiz...so kill two birds with one stone, ne? Then I thought of Sango's kimono...and how it would be much better because I'm not sure i'd be able to wear Sango's taijiya gear...cause its all..uncomforable and chokes me.(That, and I'm not sure of the weather, its so tight and black! >_<) I still want to go as Sango though...and I have already bought fabric fer Ukyo, so..bleeeh. I'm meeting with Mom's friend's tailor father tomorrow, but he doesn't speak english all to good. Mergh.

Then theres Mimiru, but I think it'll be way to cold for that

Ah well. *sings Lion King songs in spanish* Damn my Spanish teacher and her showing of disney movies in ..spanish >_>

hikura
04-11-2003, 10:50 PM
Well sailor-moon you are looking for support.*Go everyone i know you can do it as i offer free pocky to everyone that is doing there costume* :)

ChibiRinoa
04-11-2003, 10:56 PM
did someone say POCKY!?!?!?!?!? -runs to finish costumes-

hikura
04-11-2003, 11:04 PM
*still supports everyone*I have regular and strawberry chocolate mousse pocky,regular pocky,and strawberry pocky.If you finish your costumes i will give pocky out.I know way off topic but my friend and i jsut got done my costume yesterday(techinally it was done on monday but i broke my staff on wed and had to get it fixed yesterday).Yeah my 300th post

TyJILDown
04-12-2003, 12:47 AM
My eyes hurt from doing this stuff so late and I have to be up at 6am to get ready for work X_x I can't wait till I am done with this sequin trim...then my work will be easy afterwards! *goes to get eye drops*

PockyDarcy
04-12-2003, 12:45 PM
It's funny, first con ever that all my costumes were done over a month ago!! ^_^ I'm pretty phyced up for the con! Can't wait to see you all staffies!! I'm not looking forward to the 20 hour drive though *grumble* *grumble*

Gothic_Lulu
04-12-2003, 02:15 PM
I really don't have that much left to do except doing so jewelry and style one wig ^_^

And wait for my 375 dollar costume that better come in!!!! With only 6 days left I am really worried ;_;

hikura
04-12-2003, 04:08 PM
It will come in gothic_Lulu.I have faith mine will come in.So did you get all the messages gothic_lulu about the clubhouse?

number18
04-12-2003, 05:16 PM
Hm. I think I have been babbling about this in some other thread, but I decided to make my other vest jacket also have the Red Ribbon Army logo on back...I'll wear one vest one day and the other Saturday just to have the two different looks, I guess. Finished straightening my friend's cheap #17 wig. Most of the kinks came out, so I'm happy. Still gotta cut it and hopefully things will be good. Going to Michael's craft store today to get some felt for his RRA logo and orange bandana, and hopefully check out their fabric selection to see if they have a fabric similar to the arms of #18's t-shirt...since my current t-shirt is kind of crappy, to me, anyways. So yeah.

I am wondering if my friend will also shave off his sweet chinaman gotee, too...which WOULD be nice, since #17 doesnt have any facial hair...but I don't want to ask my friend for too much, yanno. And lately I've been wearing my boots for my costume everytime I go out. Went out to the mall and was teetering along everywhere cause the floors were so dusty! So thank god I found out I had so little traction on those kinda floors. I went and bought slip protection thingies. Yeah. Teetering along sucks. I felt like Peg Bundy. lol...

And Gothic Lulu, I feel you totally. I am waiting for my wig to come in!! >.<;

Koumori
04-12-2003, 10:07 PM
I think I give up. I still need to finish my friend's costume, and I'm broke at the moment, so I'll just pick something out of my closet to wear on Saturday. Maybe Nuriko since people might recognize that one from the Globe. Or tsuki's right, I've never worn Sailor Neptune to a con, just that one party. Or I don't think I've worn Toshiya on this coast yet, and I do love that hair. Eh. I'll think of something.

hikura
04-12-2003, 10:19 PM
*offers koumori bribes to finish......three boxes of chocolate or strawberry mousse pocky or maybe 5?will even throw in gummi bears*

tsukinohime
04-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Well, you know my vote is for Neptune ^_^

ChibiRinoa
04-13-2003, 09:05 AM
if you go as Neptune we can take pics together!! -smiles happily- two Neptunes! yay!

Mako-san
04-13-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by PockyDarcy
It's funny, first con ever that all my costumes were done over a month ago!! ^_^ I'm pretty phyced up for the con! Can't wait to see you all staffies!! I'm not looking forward to the 20 hour drive though *grumble* *grumble*

mm okay i was bitchin about our 13 hour drive, mmeh, Drive safely!!!
oy costume are progessing!! Of course my sis and I being the queens of procrastination will eventually get it done!!

EvilMoogleQueen
04-13-2003, 11:04 PM
I went shopping for my last-minute noir cosplay today. I had no idea it would be so difficult to find a leather skirt. Everyone kept looking at me like i was an idiot for asking about a leather skirt in spring.

JacksUsername
04-13-2003, 11:09 PM
ech, I meant to really cram this weekend with no avail....plus I scheduled my shaving planning a little too late, so I won't quite have the Wolverine side-burn length I had intended...plus my claws...are well ghetto to say the least....so advanced apologies if my costume looks really lousy :(

my moulin rouge one is done and i have my third random costume basically pieced together...all I have left now is to attach the claws to my gloves, and then to add some leather straps onto Wolvie's jacket...other than that, I think I'm done....*phew*...

not counting the hours it will take to try and get my hair Wolverine style....g-bye friday morning! :)

Koumori
04-14-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by hikura
*offers koumori bribes to finish......three boxes of chocolate or strawberry mousse pocky or maybe 5?will even throw in gummi bears*

If I wanted Pocky that badly, I could just go and buy some. ;) We'll see. Wish I could bring more than one costume for Saturday, but I haven't got anywhere to put them.

I'm working on it, though. I've got all the appliques cut out and ready to go. I got fed up with trying to draw the FF magic-type symbols and ended up using about half FF magic-type symbols and half gate symbols from Stargate.

lialia
04-14-2003, 11:18 AM
ok well having had the weekend from he## and having to use my wig money for another new tire im left with a decision.,... buy a blue wig for umi and put it on my credit card*the very idea gives me a lump in my throat* or be terribly inacurate with my own brown hair

any input would be very much appreciated

Saiban
04-14-2003, 11:31 AM
I'd go for the credit card.
It's really your own choice though.
Making a choice between

a. A wig that will be sure to work.
or
b. possibly suffering with goofy hair..

It's up to you, and how dedicated you see yourself.

number18
04-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Or if you wanted to go in between those two options, go to a party store and see if htye have a half decent wig for you to wear....they cost like 10 bucks at most.

Saiban
04-14-2003, 11:50 AM
Good thinking. I'm sure a party store would carry such things.

lialia
04-14-2003, 12:09 PM
listen, i dont have goofy hair *thwaps*
its just brown thats all wrong color ;P
ill poke around in a few stores like big part and stuff but the good ones are soo expensive

Saiban
04-14-2003, 01:19 PM
-Thwapped and defeated-
Well I didnt say you did nowwww.
I was just emphasizing what "could" happen to your hair.

o.X

TyJILDown
04-14-2003, 02:29 PM
hmmm with the crappy wet weather in Boston that weekend, you may have "goofy" hair =P

hikura
04-14-2003, 03:25 PM
Lialia go to a hair saloon and see about getting a hair coloring gell that changes your hair temporarly.You can get a good size bottle for like 5 to 10(15 tops) dollars.Explain to them why you need it if you get a funny look.I asked about a gel coloring and they were very helpful.I ended up getting a wig cause my hair was way to short and couldn't grow it long enough in time for the con.

number18
04-14-2003, 07:35 PM
fuckin great.

I got in on that 40% off 12 wigs deal at witchwigs.com with the assurance from the girl orchestrating it all that I would get the wig in time. Today I PM'd her to ask when she thought it might get to my house, so I would know if I had to scramble for an emergency wig or some shit, and she replies saying she got an email from witchwigs saying the wigs wouldn't get to HER house until the 18th.

So screw having a nice wig for the con and the photoshoot. I am so annoyed, but I can't blame the girl. I am just...mad. Why? Because I paid for a quailty wig for once for the SOLE purpose of wearing it to AB. I don't think I'll be going to any other cons until next year...unless by miraculous reason, I make it to Otakon. Now I have to scramble to find another wig...

So I need some advice now. Should I just go buy a crappy party store wig and deal? Or should I go out searching for a quality wig, buy it...and then when the wig I ordered gets here, return that one?

I have no clue what to do. I could always just go for an uber short-haired Juuhachi (aka just walk around with no wig on), but that's sooooo lame. Ugh. So frustrated. I should have ordered the damn wig myself and spent the extra 10 bucks it woulda cost me. And actually, with the money I paid for shipping for the group order, even though the wig was 40% off, it's only a five dollar difference if I had just ordered it myself at the sale price it was already at.

-.- So...help, anyone? Does anyone HAVE a chin length, straight blond wig they would be willing to let me wear (though I think that's asking waaaay too much)?

EDIT: nevermind on returning the wig and buying another one in time. you can't refund your wig for money from witchwigs! this WAS a good day when it started out...

so...annoyed

EvilMoogleQueen
04-14-2003, 08:59 PM
go to a party store. i'm sure you can find a blond wig there.

hikura
04-14-2003, 09:00 PM
Isn't there a costume place where you live number18?I mean you live near boston so you should easily find one?You should see if there is a place that has one?You still have a few days to look for you wig.

EvilMoogleQueen
04-14-2003, 09:04 PM
which reminds me that i only have 3 days left to buy a wig for my sisters costume...

number18
04-14-2003, 09:19 PM
the advice is nice but

I ORDERED THE WIG FOR THE CON!?~@!?~@?!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGH I HATE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

=lots more screaming, then a lot of heavy breathing=

bah. guess that's what I'll have to do. On a lighter note, the vest and all that are coming out nicely.

:(

JacksUsername
04-14-2003, 09:35 PM
heh, my claws came out really....well, really cheesy....The sheet metal idea someone else had come up with, really didn't work out because they stuck up too much, so I'm using gardener spikes spraypainted metallic chrome.....the only problem is there is writing on it and I've tried covering it with several materials, but then the spraypaint looks weird

so i'll be wolverine with a safety warning on his claws...O_O...oh well, first convention, first screw-up. My side-burns won't be long enough....

other than that though, I just have to tie on some leather straps to the jacket and use some velcro work on said jacket...other than that, my ghetto costumes are ready to go.

Something Lulu
04-14-2003, 11:07 PM
number 18: I would think you'd be able to find a short blond wig for something like $20. There's tons of places around here that sell wigs, all those hair shops, and of course, Ricky's. There's gotta be something in MA. Didn't you say you had a wig, though? A bad wig is better than none.

EDIT: Just checked out your costume pics again... Do you still have the wig that you're wearing in those? Cuz that looks perfectly fine from what I can see. Although I can definitely see why you're upset about not having the new wig. I'd be pissed, too.

Allia
04-14-2003, 11:08 PM
For your side-burns you could go to a costume store and they have fake hair just for that. Its pretty cheap to. Although I have never used it mysef so I don't know how well it will stand up for the whole con. Hope this is a little helpful.

lialia
04-15-2003, 11:18 AM
ok ive gne to several stores now and the best i could come up with was that hair spray stuff :( it was pretty cheap so i got two bottles and ill try it out tonight to rate the cheesy factor

bleh but tifa is all done!! Yay *celebrates* one down two left

number18
04-15-2003, 11:59 AM
Something Lulu, the wig I already have is like...in all actually, not *that* bad...but it's all tangled. I didn't bother detangling it since I was getting a new one. Also, when I had the thing first, like three years ago, I cut it right away without remembering that the hair was parted on the side and not in the middle...so it was even length, but when I moved it so the part looked like it was in the middle, the wig was all crazy and choppy looking. Still, it was not that bad and I dug it cause it was kind of interesting.

However, recently I put the wig on and looked at my old pics in costume and found out that I had been pushing the hair behind the wrong ear. #18 pushes her hair behind her left ear. I had foolishly been doing the right ear. So now, if I tilt the wig so the part is on the OTHER side and I can push it behind the left ear, the wig looks...absolutely horrible and WAAAY too choppy. I could pass it off as like creativity with the character's hair style, but I don't think anyone would realize it's that and just think it was crappy. So...really irked. I am just going out to buy a party store wig tonight. =sigh= Stupid uber shiny party store wigs.

And I guess if I don't find a party store wig, since the pickins looked slim when we went to get my friend's #17 wig, I will just have to wear the old one. :P

IGAAAGDHIHDA HATE EVERYONE@!!!!!!!!@?!@?!!!!!

Something Lulu
04-15-2003, 09:37 PM
If you have to wear the old one just leave it parted on the wrong side. No one will say anything about it, and if they do, they're a jerk. Like I said, I've *always* parted my hair for Tifa on the wrong side, and I didn't realize it until this year. (It was correct for Lulu so I got confused with the two and parted it the same for both.)

I'm pretty much done picking up all the stuff I need, but I'm having a really hard time finding good sunglasses for Dita. I wanted them to be just like hers, but I think I might just get some really dark sunglasses that will work for the costume but look good enough on me that I can wear them all the time. Then I won't be wasting money on an inaccurate piece for a costume. But I was *finally* able to find black suspenders today for Tifa. I had to go all around the city looking for them! Looks like I'm going to be up all night now trying to finish Lulu, since the other two are mostly finished. The only thing left for Dita is to redo the thick belts (I made them too wide before) and attach the buckles and velcro.

At first I was worried about money for this con...now it's finishing the costumes. >_< I can't believe how lazy I've been this past week.

Koumori
04-15-2003, 10:25 PM
Oh ghod, I just realized I made the main trim on Yuna's dress the wrong color. I used the dark purple instead of the magenta. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

hikura
04-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Koumori...do i need to bring my bribe along with me to the con?i have the boxes of chocolate mousse pocky.

lialia
04-15-2003, 10:46 PM
nono not stupid, just original :)

dark gunner yuna is COMPLETE!!! weeee i made some mods to the boots and sleeves but the main part is completely accurate

all i have to do now is paint a couple of pieces of armour, sew one hemline, and rig a sheer cape*costume modified* for umi and i can get all of that done between tonight and tomorrow afternoon.

Edit* btw my friend wont be able to get to the con till about 1230-1pm and i plan on getting there by 11.. neways i was wonderin if i could meet up with a few people earlier than the clubhouse cause frankly im a lil bit shy and am kinda nervous about being alone in huge crowds

Koumori
04-15-2003, 11:02 PM
Koumori...do i need to bring my bribe along with me to the con?i have the boxes of chocolate mousse pocky.

Hey, yeah, YOU talked me into doing this in the first place, didn't you...?

I'm not 100% sure it will fit anyway. If it does, you'll know. :)

"Original" is my new code word for "wrong." ;)

hikura
04-15-2003, 11:04 PM
Ok.5 boxes of chocolate mousse to koumori at the con.But i want a pic lol.You defintely earned it koumori

TyJILDown
04-16-2003, 12:40 AM
Did some major work for Sivil. Headpiece attached to wig, bootcovers made, bodysuit is done, shoulder pieces just need to be reinforced and some more sequin trim on the chest. And the last of accesories I needed to buy was bought today.

My Wallmarket Cloud wig should be done tomorrow, we'll see how long it'll take my mother & I to attack the sucker.

I am NOT gonna be up on Thursday night working on shit >_<

sailor-moon
04-16-2003, 01:21 AM
yeeeaaash, i just finished up all my costume-related stuff today XD ::happy dance::......i spent 1 hours working on a Sailor moon bow.....on just 1 bow..... ::dies::

JacksUsername
04-16-2003, 01:44 AM
ack! *envy sets in* well, not like I have too much left to do, but it must be nice to be completly done...

one hour on a bow = dedication (or insanity)...wow, if I see you there, I wanna take a picture of just the bow.

tomorrow i finish up....is what I keep saying to myself.

sailor-moon
04-16-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by JacksUsername

one hour on a bow = dedication (or insanity)...wow, if I see you there, I wanna take a picture of just the bow.

i think its a lil of both dedication and insanity....

haha XD and the Bow isnt even that special!!! no one is gonna look at it cause its on the back of my SM Fuku, haha.

Something Lulu
04-16-2003, 02:23 AM
TyJILDown: I can't wait to see how Sivil turns out!
omg I'm so tired... >_< Tomorrow I'm going to run out early to pick up sunglasses (Dita), jewelry from my friend (Tifa), and a digital camera from my stepdad, hopefully. Then I'm going to spend the rest of the day finishing Lulu. I need to paint a few belts and then attach them all together with epoxy glue. I'm tired of seeing them on my floor. Then I need to reinforce the lace with epoxy b/c Fabri-tac just isn't holding it on such a slick fabric. I *still* need to finish Dita, which won't take more than an hour or two, but I feel like since it's so minor it can be left to the last minute.
Plus I have to pick up film, and pack, and figure out what method of transportation I'm taking....
Okay, now that I'm all good and depressed after listing all the crap I still need to do, I'm going to bed. >_< I doubt I'll be getting much sleep the rest of this week.

hikura
04-16-2003, 08:11 AM
Define sleep?can anyone answer this when it comes to making and finishing up costumes?

lialia
04-16-2003, 08:47 AM
i couldnt sleep last night everytime i almost fell asleep i thought up something else i could do for my costumes to make em lok bettter. its nice having good ideas but its killer when you dont have the time to do it

like i thought up buying a big blue headband and a simple clear plastic comb and attaching the leftover hair i have from yunas hair tail, with glue to make bangs for umi and tifa respectively... weeellll wel see how much that works out lol

TyJILDown
04-16-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Something Lulu
TyJILDown: I can't wait to see how Sivil turns out!
omg I'm so tired... >_< Tomorrow I'm going to run out early to pick up sunglasses (Dita), jewelry from my friend (Tifa), and a digital camera from my stepdad, hopefully. Then I'm going to spend the rest of the day finishing Lulu. I need to paint a few belts and then attach them all together with epoxy glue. I'm tired of seeing them on my floor. Then I need to reinforce the lace with epoxy b/c Fabri-tac just isn't holding it on such a slick fabric. I *still* need to finish Dita, which won't take more than an hour or two, but I feel like since it's so minor it can be left to the last minute.
Plus I have to pick up film, and pack, and figure out what method of transportation I'm taking....
Okay, now that I'm all good and depressed after listing all the crap I still need to do, I'm going to bed. >_< I doubt I'll be getting much sleep the rest of this week.

I'm more excited about your new and improved Lulu than my own costumes =P

Lucky me, on Sunday I started packing slowly, thank GAWD I did that or I would be running around forgetting stuff like PJs or someything. Only thing left to pack is electronics & chargers, some toiletries and then figure out a way to transport the wigs *thinks one of her wigs will end up on her lap the whole drive to Boston* >_<

Saiban
04-16-2003, 11:26 AM
I thingk they have special wig boxes with like foam heads in them.
Atleast I "think" they do.

Something Lulu
04-16-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by TyJILDown
I'm more excited about your new and improved Lulu than my own costumes =P

Lucky me, on Sunday I started packing slowly, thank GAWD I did that or I would be running around forgetting stuff like PJs or someything. Only thing left to pack is electronics & chargers, some toiletries and then figure out a way to transport the wigs *thinks one of her wigs will end up on her lap the whole drive to Boston* >_<

Wear it on your head lol. It's probably the best place for it, but it would probably get really annoying.

I FINALLY figured out my plans for getting to Boston. I'm just going to take Greyhound overnight, cuz they're having an Easter special on fares between Port Authority and Boston. It won't be as comfy as the train, and I won't be able to read, but at close to $100 less I'm more than willing to deal with it. I'll probably be in Boston around 5am Friday morning.

I did all my laundry and stocked up on toiletries for the trip, and tomorrow I'm going to get all my stuff and my bf's packed. (He'll be in class all day and will probably forget stuff if I don't.) Now I just need to finish this stupid costume! >_< lol I should say that, I'm loving it, but it's so much work!

EvilMoogleQueen
04-16-2003, 02:07 PM
my robin is done, except for a necklace
my noir is done, except for the guns.

I decided to change my moogle to an evil moogle. unfortuantely I can't find my black cat ears so i'll just use the white rabit ones. If i could find a crown i could be an evil moogle queen...hehe

JacksUsername
04-16-2003, 02:13 PM
cool...btw, which Robin are you basing your costume on...there's been too many :P

EvilMoogleQueen
04-16-2003, 02:18 PM
the normal one... from the begining of the show. the poofy skirt and all ^^

JacksUsername
04-16-2003, 02:23 PM
ou...er....um, I was thinking of a different Robin for some reason....the dress really threw a curveball at me...I was wondering what issue of Batman did I miss where Robin wears a poofy skirt?

LOL, my mistake. what is this Robin from anyway?

EvilMoogleQueen
04-16-2003, 03:02 PM
lol... i'm talking about witch hunter robin... should have been more specific... :thumbsup:

JacksUsername
04-16-2003, 09:28 PM
:P

ou, I actually did work today. I got the leather brown straps attatched to my jacket! Yay! Plus I just moosed up my hair nice and stiff and pulled off the Wolverine hair pretty sucessfully.

Now I'm waiting for the latex to dry so I can attatch some fake hair to it... Hopefully I'll be able to make it look pretty cool, but I've never worked with latex, fake hair, spirit gum, etc...so if worse comes to worse, I'll use my real sideburns.

but other than that, I'M DONE!!!
*bells and alarms go off*

Koumori
04-16-2003, 10:48 PM
Sorry Hikura-san. I did my best but odds are I will not have the Yuna costume in time. I work full time and just haven't been able to devote huge blocks of time to it, and I'm not going to make myself crazy over it when I do, in fact, have a closet full of costumes. :) Either way, the damn thing's going straight to ebay when I'm done with it. Looks like I'll have to buy my own darn pocky. ;)

TyJILDown
04-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Saiban
I thingk they have special wig boxes with like foam heads in them.
Atleast I "think" they do.

Well, I can't put my one wig into a box, it already is ona foam head though. My Sivil wig can easily be transported but my Cloud wig is all spiked and I don't want it getting crushed...

Oshi
04-17-2003, 12:33 AM
Woo. I'm done Rufus. Cept for one glove. Which I'm gonna hand sew tomorrow when I'm bored.

Something Lulu
04-17-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Koumori
[B]Either way, the damn thing's going straight to ebay when I'm done with it.

At least take a bunch of pics of yourself in it before you sell it.

I still have so much to do before I get on that bus tomorrow night. >_< It's been a very discouraging night, but I hope to have Lulu finished before the sun comes up.

hikura
04-17-2003, 07:50 AM
Sorry Hikura-san. I did my best but odds are I will not have the Yuna costume in time. I work full time and just haven't been able to devote huge blocks of time to it, and I'm not going to make myself crazy over it when I do, in fact, have a closet full of costumes. :) Either way, the damn thing's going straight to ebay when I'm done with it. Looks like I'll have to buy my own darn pocky. ;)
Either way koumori you still get pocky.You defintely deserve it.I just would have love to seen the costume but i knew i was asking way to much considering it was so close to the con.Like something lulu said please take pics of you in the costuem i would love to see it,*Still brings pocky along for koumori*

lialia
04-17-2003, 09:43 AM
umi is done and i must say it will be a huge bi$%# to wear :(

i swear half hour then its back to tifa. if it were up to me i wouldnt wear it at all but i made a promise and i keep all of those even if i dun really wanna.

its just sooo cumbersome, every time i move something shifts outta place, as it is im seriously considering getting a heavy duty pair of tights and sewing the bootcovers and knee armour right on so they dont keep puddling to the floor. and i dont even know how im gonna rig the shoulder armour(its soo heavy -.-*)

next time i plan on making an mkr outfit i gonna make sure it is as simple as they come

Koumori
04-17-2003, 10:07 AM
Either way koumori you still get pocky.You defintely deserve it.I just would have love to seen the costume but i knew i was asking way to much considering it was so close to the con.Like something lulu said please take pics of you in the costuem i would love to see it,*Still brings pocky along for koumori*

You're a sweetheart. I'll still try to finish it, but I still need to hem my friend's costume, and she's much more likely to kill me if her outfit isn't done than you are.

number18
04-17-2003, 12:08 PM
phew. well...after the stupid wig catastrophe and the scramble to put together a Juunana-gou outfit in like a week's time, things seem to be turning out pretty ok now. I hand-sewed together Juunana-gou's bandana last night out of these stupid scraps of orange dyed fabric, which was annoying because why couldn't I just find some orange fabric by the yard? Ef'ers. Anyways, the bandana is quite good considering what it was made of in the first place and the fact that I had to hand sew it. It's a tad bit smaller than #17's really is, but oh well. The vests are done, everything else is done. I just have to toy around with the two shitty, party store wigs to make them look normal. :ppppp

That and I have to figure out what the hell pair of shoes to bring with me, since I'll be wearing those damnable cowboy boots.

Registering tonight! EE!

SuboshiBoy
04-17-2003, 12:13 PM
Ok,...Number 18 I live near Boston,...Well basically in Braintree,...if you go to the south shore plaza they have like Wig stuff with straight blonde hair,....if you have the time on friday night or like today or whatever I would check there and screw people if they notice that you part your hair on the wrong side,....just say it looked right in the mirror ^_^ ......I still have no shoes EEP!! I might spray paint these white ones my step mom let me have but they are a tad bit too small WHOOOO WAlmart tonight to look for some more yellow tape and spraypainting shoes

TyJILDown
04-17-2003, 12:51 PM
As for shoes I got lucky last week, Payless was clearing out their winter shoe selection and I got two pairs of boots on sale for $24. Just had to make bootcovers for one pair and the other was perfect for Cloud ^^;

I'm done with costumes practically...have 1 1/2 feet of sequim trim to finish on the chest details of Sivil. After that's done, I just gotta complete packing. Everything is packed 'cept toiletries and electronics. Only thing for tonight though is helping Ranma paint his Barrett gunarm tonight after we sand it down so the PVC pipes can take in the acrylic paint ^^;;

Koumori
04-17-2003, 03:55 PM
The final analysis....

Nope. I managed to finish the main dress (it's unlined, but I'll have to live with that), but I don't think I can do the hood, underdress and boot covers in time. And I don't have white gloves. (Who doesn't have white gloves??) Thanks for pushing me to actually start the thing, though... I should have it for A-Kon, and after that, it'll probably end up on ebay.

Saiban
04-17-2003, 04:02 PM
Tomorrrowwww Tomorrrowwww! -Explodes ina fit of hysteria!-

hikura
04-17-2003, 04:59 PM
You're a sweetheart. I'll still try to finish it, but I still need to hem my friend's costume, and she's much more likely to kill me if her outfit isn't done than you are.
I completely understand koumori.You made a promise to your friend and that is what is more important.Do not bother with even thinking about finishing it.You still get pocky wether you finished it or not.*explodes knowing in less then 18 hours i will be in boston and at a major con for the weekend*

sailor-moon
04-17-2003, 08:05 PM
oh nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Seiya couldnt finish her school uniform XD ::dies:: looks like ill be in school uni and she'll be concert suit seiya on friday^_^; still uber-sexy though XD lololol

::goes off to pack:: i need to wake up tomorrow at 5! ::dies::^o^ ::runs off to get CD's to torture Seiya with in the car::

hope everyone is ready!!!! ^_~.

hikura
04-17-2003, 08:26 PM
I am getting up at 315 am in the morning lol.I have all of you beat lmao.It will be alright sailor-moon all your costumes are great and you still be sexy.I am ready finally.*almost to ready lol*

Penpen989
04-17-2003, 09:03 PM
droooooolllll******* anime boston....too bad im not going until saturday, gotsta gotsta work tomorrow.... T_T hey so on saturday when u see me as onizuka nd my friend as Hayato from Rival Schools be sure to say hi and let us take some pictures ok!! you bunch of crazy costumed bumpkins

Something Lulu
04-17-2003, 09:06 PM
I was going to take the 12:30 bus tonight but it's looking more like the 3:30 one. >_< I really need those 3 hours.
See you all soon!

lialia
04-17-2003, 09:12 PM
went and bought a crapload of blowpops for teh club house and i just forgot that i needed to finish some stuff 0.0* and i just remembered as im typing this uh oh

*runs to finish*

Koumori
04-17-2003, 09:15 PM
I'm baking cookies for y'all right now. (Note: not sewing.)

Penpen989
04-17-2003, 09:18 PM
so what exactly is the clubhouse... now that i see there is going to be cookies i wanna go, where and what time? should i bring anywhing?

Something Lulu
04-17-2003, 09:24 PM
Penpen: Friday at 12, until 2. It's hang out time for cosplay.com ppl so we can meet each other early in the con. There's also the photoshoot on Sat at 1 in the lobby.
Koumori: yay, cookies! ^_^ This reminds me that I meant to pick up snacks...

lialia
04-17-2003, 09:58 PM
mmm cookies....

ok umm i have a question thisll be my first con and when do people eat? i mean i wouldnt think that they have vendors or nething so do people go out in costume to restaurants?

edit*i now dub my godess umi "craptacular umi" :mad: im tring it on and it just sucks itll look fine in photos but i have to keep my shoulders shrugged to keep the shouldersup, my socks keep fallini forgot to buy shoes. this cosume is just plain old supah ghetto

Koumori
04-17-2003, 11:32 PM
There are no vendors. There's a page off the AB website explaining food options in the area. Some people like to go out to eat in costume, but it does not amuse me. :)

I no longer have any idea what I'm wearing to this con.

lialia
04-17-2003, 11:35 PM
its too bad u didnt get to finish ur white mage for sat i have my dark gunner we coulda taken some pics

whatever u pick will be great u have such well done costumes to choose from they all look great

wait up what about nuriko? i wanna see nuriko lol

Koumori
04-18-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by lialia

wait up what about nuriko? i wanna see nuriko lol

*laugh* Maybe. Depends how the coin flip comes up. ;)