PDA

View Full Version : Could these things happen?

Summoner-Yuna
03-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Okay so like there are rumors going around saying that judges will give out random prizes to people? Is that true? I mean I am just curious if that could happen. This is my first convention so I don't know if it could happen or not.

Also I heard that there is a limit of like 3,000 people. Does that mean if like 3,000 people pre-register does that mean that they would not let anyone else in cause the limit is full. Also one last thing. Say if you live like 20-30 miles away from the convention and you decide to drive there what time would be best to leave the house. ( + 15 mins. (have to pick up friend and I bet she will not be ready so add another 20 mins. 15+20= 35 mins!) o_O Weird questions but I rather be safe than sorry.

Oklahoma
03-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Okay so like there are rumors going around saying that judges will give out random prizes to people? Is that true? I mean I am just curious if that could happen. This is my first convention so I don't know if it could happen or not.

Not sure about this but I am in a different department so...

Also I heard that there is a limit of like 3,000 people. Does that mean if like 3,000 people pre-register does that mean that they would not let anyone else in cause the limit is full.

YES. It is fire code so unless we stop letting people in at 3000 the fire marshal will shut us down. There are ~2000 prereg so there are about 1000 registrations left.

Also one last thing. Say if you live like 20-30 miles away from the convention and you decide to drive there what time would be best to leave the house. ( + 15 mins. (have to pick up friend and I bet she will not be ready so add another 20 mins. 15+20= 35 mins!) o_O Weird questions but I rather be safe than sorry.

Have you preregged? If not it opens at noon friday so just take whatever time you want to be there and subtract around an hour from that time. It takes about 30mins to do 20-30 miles on the highway and then add what your friend needs so if you want to be there at noon 30mins for travel 35mins for friend so noon - 65mins leave around 11 or just before.

Summoner-Yuna
03-06-2007, 10:33 PM
okay thank you. Well I don't know If i have school that day or not.

Tessceres
03-06-2007, 11:15 PM
The awards that are given randomly at the con are the hallcosplay Awards

KHRiku_4ever
03-07-2007, 12:02 AM
The awards that are given randomly at the con are the hallcosplay Awards

lol hall cosplay... I WIN! j/k, but yeah, the hall cosplay awards are handed out to random people walking around whom the judges think have the best costume that day.

Dejana Talis
03-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Registration actually opens at 10 AM Friday, but I don't think we'll run out as early as people fear. Just get there as early as you can on Friday and you should be fine. Saturday, however, who knows.