PDA

View Full Version : "What are you bringing?" List

Misa-chan
03-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Just thought I'd get the ball rolling on this, so we have a general idea of who's bringing what and what Amanda will have to bring extra of.

What we need:
-FOOD (snacks, baked goods, salads, stuff for grilling, preferably things that can be closed easily when it gets windy)
-beverages (soda, bottles of water or juice)
-flatware & napkins/paper towels
-trash bags
-some type of recreational equipment (there's always at least one CD player, and I remember people bring things like badminton sets)
-a grill (I know someone brought one last year, that came in handy when it got chilly ^^;; )

What we've got:
sandquillgw - drinks, trashbags
ShibbyOmittchi - chips[?]
GeneStarwind211 - chips[?], boombox
Dokudel - sandwiches
CCAmanda - brownies or cake, plates & cups, napkins
padgett87 - PSP & speakers, Chik-Fil-A nuggets
kojirojames2004 - snacks
crimson sky - vegan snacks, jrock cds

sandquillgw
03-08-2007, 04:07 AM
Now that the date has been announced I can safely say I'll be coming. I can bring some juice/soda and I'll tote along some trash bags also. Any suggestions for what flavors to bring?

ShibbyOmittchi
03-10-2007, 04:19 PM
It all depends on what I can afford. I will try to bring chips or something, and what ever I might find. Who knows. Last year I brought Ramune, maybe I can afford something similar.

GeneStarwind211
03-24-2007, 05:26 PM
I can bring some chips and something else. I'll re-edit this post later.

I'll be bringing a boombox for sure as that is my persona to say with every cosplay I do.

Dokudel
03-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Probably some sandmichs. :B

Sorahana
04-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Brownies or cake from me, and cups and plates and napkins.

padgett87
04-08-2007, 10:36 PM
PSP and Speakers, and since I'm nice I'll bring the ultimate party food..

CHIK-FIL-A NUGGETS PLATTER!!

kojirojames2004
04-21-2007, 04:58 AM
Snacks, and how about providing a ride for some of us taking SEPTA's Route 101 Trolley?

crimson sky
04-23-2007, 12:04 AM
I can probably bring some vegan yummies. Cookies, brownies, maybe a veggie salad. Something of that sort.
And I'll bring along some jrock cds too ^.^

Misa-chan
04-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Now that the date has been announced I can safely say I'll be coming. I can bring some juice/soda and I'll tote along some trash bags also. Any suggestions for what flavors to bring?

I think with beverages you can go really generic, with a basic cola (Coke or Pepsi) and a lemon-lime (Sprite or 7Up) for soda, and for juice maybe like a fruit punch or Kool-Aid.

First post edited!

PSP and Speakers, and since I'm nice I'll bring the ultimate party food..

CHIK-FIL-A NUGGETS PLATTER!!

Everybody remember to be careful when you bring your valuable electronics!

padgett87
04-24-2007, 08:09 PM
I'd be near it playing the music, dont worry I love my PSP to much to have it stolen

dark_feather
04-29-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm pretty much able to bring anything that is needed. I might wait until the event gets a little closer and see what we are in need of, but otherwise I might ask my mom if she will bake some of her really good danishes.

LadyHawke78
04-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Baked Goods FTW!!
I shall bring baked goods as well. Been finding a few new recipies I'm eager to try out. (let's hope that the red velvet cake is a success...)

Oh, and Diet soda. Since I ONLY drink diet soda. So I'll bring my own, and anyone who wants to partake may do so.

And can I make some requests for music that is NOT Jpop or anime related? I love my Jpop as much as the next fangirl, but I'm just coming off of a con, and I've had a bit of overload. I can always bring my old fogey CD collection. Chock full 'o 80's music and Classic Rock.

TheAnarCHris
04-30-2007, 03:26 PM
And can I make some requests for music that is NOT Jpop or anime related? I love my Jpop as much as the next fangirl, but I'm just coming off of a con, and I've had a bit of overload. I can always bring my old fogey CD collection. Chock full 'o 80's music and Classic Rock.

Word. I'm in charge of the road trip mix(es) for the NY crew, so if we have a CD player on hand, I'll have a variety of no J-cds on me. If ppl actually like what I listen to, however, is a whole no ballgame.

ShibbyOmittchi
05-01-2007, 03:42 PM
When I Get paid this week I will go out and see what I can afford! Then I can tell you officially what I can bring with me!

LadyHawke78
05-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Okay-- silly question, but what is the park's policy on alcohol in case some of us over 21-ers want to bring a case of beer or whatever? Some parks have a strict "no open containers of alcohol" policy. (At least the ones around my neck of the woods do.)

One of our local parks forbid some of my friends from having a kegger there a few years back due to a no-alcohol policy.

TheAnarCHris
05-08-2007, 12:39 PM
And what's the deal with a grill? Anyone bringin one? I DEMAND MEAT!!!

LadyHawke78
05-08-2007, 03:24 PM
I DEMAND MEAT!!!

*no comment*

:crylaugh:

padgett87
05-08-2007, 08:38 PM
im secod guessing my platter idea its gonna get cold on the ride, if there is a grill Ill bring Dogs and buns and fixins (man that sounded redneck)

allthatsgeek
05-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Okay-- silly question, but what is the park's policy on alcohol in case some of us over 21-ers want to bring a case of beer or whatever? Some parks have a strict "no open containers of alcohol" policy. (At least the ones around my neck of the woods do.)

One of our local parks forbid some of my friends from having a kegger there a few years back due to a no-alcohol policy.

this question REQUIRES answering.

especially if my beer loving ass is coming. (maybe)

If I come, I'll be sure to bring the awesome.

EDIT: I have a little hibachi...I think.

kojirojames2004
05-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Watch the mouth, there allthatsgeek. You shoulda said "beer-lovin' butt" instead. I'm pretty sure someone will bring a grill, 'cause I'll be bringing something.

allthatsgeek
05-10-2007, 12:01 PM
if they can say it on the radio, I can say it here.

Trajedy
05-10-2007, 01:06 PM
>.>; Yeah, really... the forum has a 13+ rule, so I'm pretty sure most people have heard/seen that word before. If your eyes/ears are too sensitive for the word 'ass', the interwebs isn't the place for you...

Last year my friend and I brought cupcakes, but brownies and a cake seem to have already been mentioned... What's left that we need?

(I third the notion of finding out alcohol rules >.>; )

LadyHawke78
05-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Heh-- I swear like a trucker on these forums, and haven't gotten banninated ONCE.

As far as the alcohol situation goes, if I don't hear a definite NO by Friday night, I'm going to abide by the philosophy of the late, great Admiral Grace Murray Hopper: "It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission..."

So at least a case of beer and a bottle of vodka will be coming along.
Probably being stored in my car.
Therefore, anyone (who I don't know for sure to be over 21...) desiring to procure any of da booz will be REQUIRED TO SHOW ID befiore getting any from me. I sh!t you not. I do NOT furnish minors with alcohol. NO WAI.

allthatsgeek
05-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Heh-- I swear like a trucker on these forums, and haven't gotten banninated ONCE.

As far as the alcohol situation goes, if I don't hear a definite NO by Friday night, I'm going to abide by the philosophy of the late, great Admiral Grace Murray Hopper: "It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission..."

Therefore, anyone (who I don't know for sure to be over 21...) desiring to procure any of da booz will be REQUIRED TO SHOW ID befiore getting any from me. I sh!t you not. I do NOT furnish minors with alcohol. NO WAI.

Hell yeah BEER!
....what kind ya bringing?

LadyHawke78
05-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Hell yeah BEER!
....what kind ya bringing?

I am a huge fan of Yuengling Lager. So I usually get that.
If anyone else has preferences, I'd be willing to hear them.

For something a bit less expensive, I could get something like Miller Lite too, but I prefer darker beers.

allthatsgeek
05-10-2007, 02:29 PM
I am a huge fan of Yuengling Lager. So I usually get that.

You = my new best friend.

TheAnarCHris
05-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Make sure it's cold beer LH, Warm beer tastes like ASS.

::Waits for the ban:::

:::Nothing:::

Trust me, I've been here since 2002 and not gotten slapped with the ban-wagon for all the shi+ I've pulled. See what I just did. F-ing clever no?
And oh man, I'm gonna get trashed in my costume...it's been like....7 months since I did that on Halloween?

Cyn and I are willing to chip in for a cheap portable grill if ppl are. Cooked hamburgers are generally better than raw ones.

LadyHawke78
05-10-2007, 03:00 PM
YAY!!! Beer makes you POPULAR! XD

Make sure it's cold beer LH, Warm beer tastes like ASS.

CHris, how do you know what ass tastes like? :eek:
Oh wait... don't answer that.

I was thinking on getting ice somewhere locally (that gas station?) and putting the beer on ice on-site. Since even if I buy it cold, it will warm up in 45 minutes while driving.

Oh, is there by any chance a creek in the park? I'm asking because the ghettotastic way to chill booze is to suspend it in some cold running water. We did this in college. We had a creek running out behind one of the dorms, and we'd chill the beer in the creek when we went down there to party. That park didn't care if we had it, even though it was right behind campus.
Go figure...

allthatsgeek
05-10-2007, 03:07 PM
I have a big cooler for the beer.

And, apparently nobody heard me.

I have a small hibachi grill.

LadyHawke78
05-10-2007, 03:10 PM
I have a big cooler for the beer.

And, apparently nobody heard me.

I have a small hibachi grill.

Oh, YOU'RE the one with the grill. :bigtu:
My bad. I came to this thread late... just decided to go to this thing about 2 weeks ago.

BEER COOLER FTW!
We're set.

allthatsgeek
05-10-2007, 03:17 PM
cool, so I'll bring the cooler and grill, you bring ice and beer?

is someone bringing burgers/dogs?

LadyHawke78
05-10-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm all on ice and beer.
w00hoo!!!

TheAnarCHris
05-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Team StarCyn is bringing delicious meat by-products. We gotcha covered.

LadyHawke78
05-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Team StarCyn is bringing delicious meat by-products. We gotcha covered.

SPAM.

:crylaugh:

allthatsgeek
05-10-2007, 04:23 PM
I'll get coal and lighter fluid tonight or tomorrow....actually I think I already have lighter fluid.

LadyHawke78
05-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Huh huh... lighter fluid... flames... CHris?
Can you take care of this yourself? :crylaugh:

(allthatsgeek is going to kill us for the continuous fandom in-jokes.)

allthatsgeek
05-10-2007, 04:41 PM
KILL! KILL!

I just feel left out.

I'm gonna go be emo. :: pout::

TheAnarCHris
05-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Huh huh... lighter fluid... flames... CHris?
Can you take care of this yourself? :crylaugh:

(allthatsgeek is going to kill us for the continuous fandom in-jokes.)

You'd figure out he'd pick up on the FMA references by now right?

allthatsgeek
05-10-2007, 04:59 PM
I don't read FMA, I watched the anime a long time ago (before it hit the states)

allthatsgeek
05-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh waaaiiiiiit cuz he uses fiiiiirrrreee.

I get it.

Not funny.

LadyHawke78
05-10-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't read FMA, I watched the anime a long time ago (before it hit the states)

The anime blows. Compared to the manga.
(I have the fansub that I saw pre-Cartoon-Network.)

Read the manga...
Trust me.

Yes. Fire. LAME JOKE!!!

kojirojames2004
05-10-2007, 10:31 PM
UPDATE: Red Velvet Bundt Cake with on-site Vanilla icing.

crimson sky
05-11-2007, 12:37 AM

Oh darn, guess it's time for me to get out the fake id =o

Um, anyways, turns out I may not be coming, so anyone wanting vegan food'll need to find another source.
Judging by the meat-loving comments here I think that might not be such a problem...

LadyHawke78
05-11-2007, 09:51 AM
UPDATE: Red Velvet Bundt Cake with on-site Vanilla icing.

:rockon:

You own my soul right now.
I made a red velvet cake (with homemade buttercream frosting) last weekend, but the vultures at my job devoured it...

Hooray for someone who KNOWS NOT to put cream-cheese forsting on a red velvet cake!

Judging by the meat-loving comments here I think that might not be such a problem...

Bummer-- if I had realized there were vegans coming, I totally would have whipped out my vegan mac n cheez recipe... that stuff RULES.

I do eat meat, but if other options exist, I typically go for he vegetarian/vegan ones.

I have comenserated da bakin' all up in heere, anf it looks like it is going to be butterscotch pudding chocolate chip cookies (TRUST ME. They rock) and these cookie bar things I made for the frist time last night. HOMG AWESOME!

Oh yeah. My one friend is baking SOMETHING too. Not sure what, but she mentioned chocolate cherry cake at one point...

ShibbyOmittchi
05-11-2007, 11:43 AM
I'll be bringing Brownies, and a cooler full of Hugs Juice things! XD That's all I could get.

crimson sky
05-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Bummer-- if I had realized there were vegans coming, I totally would have whipped out my vegan mac n cheez recipe... that stuff RULES.

=) Mind if I ask for the recipe? I've played around with a few, but I still haven't picked a fav.

LadyHawke78
05-11-2007, 01:13 PM
=) Mind if I ask for the recipe? I've played around with a few, but I still haven't picked a fav.

Sure! I'll have to dig it up when I get home from work.
I'll PM you later tonight. :bigtu:

Oh, and BTW, how are we doing on non-alchoholic beverages?
Someone mentioned bringing those little juice jugs (which RULE) and I'm going to bring my own stash of diet soda since the regular stuff hurts me teeth... >.<

TheAnarCHris
05-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Someone needs to bring a football and/or frisbee...

crimson sky
05-11-2007, 06:24 PM
LadyHawke- aweome, thanks! ^.^

Turns out I am coming! I'll have cookies, veggie salad, and maybe brownies (all of the vegan sort, unless you're picky about sugar)
I'm bringing a friend too. She said she's bringing something like macaroni and potato salad I believe.

LadyHawke78
05-11-2007, 07:23 PM
crimson sky-- I found the recipe I used online...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegan-Mac-and-No-Cheese/Detail.aspx

If anyone else wants to try it. ;)
We actually cut it in chunks, breaded it, and browned it in oil. (OMG SO GOOD dipped in marinara sauce!) I'm lactose intolerant, so I'm happy I can eat this mac n cheese and not get sick on it. :bigtu:

If I can get some nutritional yeast, I might whip some up tonight. It's not a definite though...

Sorahana
05-11-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm bringing chips and soda =P. TMRW YAY.

ShibbyOmittchi
05-12-2007, 09:17 AM
I will also have a cooler with ice in it so we can keep any soda's cool. I have..24 hugs, and 30 juice pouch things, but I think there should be room in it for more sodas if people wanna keep them cool!