PDA

View Full Version : anyone going to AMA?

kyocs
03-10-2007, 09:23 PM
i live in arlington= =, just wondering anyone from this area driving to AMA can give me a ride, maybe it's a bit too early to ask but i am having problem with the transportation. (2 set of custom and some fragile merchandise)
i am ok with the room even i have to sleep in the bathtub (hopefully not)

katsucon was a blast, it was my first con and there's way alot more people than i expected. i am looking forward to this one, and hopefully i can attent it (if i get a ride / \)

Nekko
03-11-2007, 11:50 AM
I live in Sandston and I am going to ama, but only on saturday...

stafffighter
03-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Live in Charlottesville and I'm trying to go. I still need a place to crash and such.

Gogglegirl
03-11-2007, 01:25 PM
I should be going (my friends will probably shoot me if i don't) but i graduate the day before....I might jsut go for saturday and sunday or something.

Lumasnati
03-11-2007, 02:18 PM
I am going. I live in Woodbridge. ^___^ I'll be there all three days.

fatalinjection
03-11-2007, 02:56 PM
I should be going (my friends will probably shoot me if i don't) but i graduate the day before....I might jsut go for saturday and sunday or something.

I skipped my graduation last year to go >_>;;;

And to the OP, you may have better luck posting this in the AMA forum? Er, well, at least, it'll reach a larger list of people XD

As for me, I'm going, and I'm in the hampton roads area.

kyocs
03-11-2007, 04:08 PM
yeah probably, otakon forum already had a separate topic for rooms sharing related problems. but AMA dun have one, hmm i guess i should try there as well- -

fatalinjection
03-11-2007, 04:10 PM
It's always good to have one started early :D

kyocs
03-11-2007, 07:38 PM
i guess i will read this topic a couple days then post one in AMA, i dun feel like spamming the same topic in 2 different forums to show how desperate i
am - -
I WILL GET TO AMA even it means me to GTA other pep's car. = =

NiceGai44
03-12-2007, 03:21 PM
i live in arlington= =, just wondering anyone from this area driving to AMA can give me a ride, maybe it's a bit too early to ask but i am having problem with the transportation. (2 set of custom and some fragile merchandise)
i am ok with the room even i have to sleep in the bathtub (hopefully not)

katsucon was a blast, it was my first con and there's way alot more people than i expected. i am looking forward to this one, and hopefully i can attent it (if i get a ride / \)

I am def going to AMA. I live tysons and springfield. I know a group of people going from here if you need a ride.

kyocs
03-12-2007, 10:03 PM
I am def going to AMA. I live tysons and springfield. I know a group of people going from here if you need a ride.

sweet, that's close enough. any info for me to contact them? just wanna make sure if they go all 3 days or at lease friday and saturday

dollssoulkirie
03-13-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm going to AMA, with some of my friends from Hampton Roads. :3

Star_Angel
03-13-2007, 08:32 PM
*raises hand* I am going!! still deciding on what im doing!

stafffighter
03-14-2007, 11:37 AM
I started a ride and room thread in the AMA forum!

As for me I am in need of crash space! Details in the thread.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=106445

Winters Knight
03-20-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm of course going again. It's so close ^_^. I'm thinking about doing Sorceress Clowna from FF8 and like.. some other stuff.. not sure what. Also a couple other newer cosplayers from the area are coming with me. I am spreading the cosplay disease.

Twilight Frost
03-20-2007, 11:17 PM
I will be going as well *claps* dont know what i will be going as yet still deciding^_^

bigwil
03-21-2007, 07:11 AM
I shall make my presence known at ama...( plz don't be like last year)*shudders*....

NiceGai44
03-21-2007, 08:32 AM
I will be there for sure.

Star_Angel
03-21-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm of course going again. It's so close ^_^. I'm thinking about doing Sorceress Clowna from FF8 and like.. some other stuff.. not sure what. Also a couple other newer cosplayers from the area are coming with me. I am spreading the cosplay disease.

Yay! Maybe we'll actually see each other longer than a few mins this time! lol

BouXKanon
03-22-2007, 09:16 AM
I'll be there all 3 days for sure since I live in Richmond! I am SO excited, I wish it were time already, but at the same time Im glad it's not cause I need to work like mad on my costumes! If you see me there talk to me and my friends, especially if you're a cute asian boy ^_^

stafffighter
03-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Have a place to crash and I should have my car by then, so I can drive in from C-ville. I want to say I can give people a lift but things are still up in the air at the moment.:geek:

Lumasnati
03-22-2007, 06:29 PM
C-ville? Charlottesville or Centreville? XDD -grew up in Centreville so she called it C-Ville-

stafffighter
03-22-2007, 06:48 PM
C-ville? Charlottesville or Centreville? XDD -grew up in Centreville so she called it C-Ville-

Charlottesville. Even have a paper here called the C-ville.

inuyashasgurl
03-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Im going to AMA.As kagome kikyou and or Itachi.If you see my i have a black kitty tail and ninja shoes and my kagome costume and her yellow bookbag on.But i am going to AMA i may be bringing some other people too but not sure yet.YAY for AMA ^_^

GreatSG
03-26-2007, 01:49 AM
Unless I get motivated by Bigwil and Wakusei to actually wanting to go again (and if work would give me the time off), i'll probably skip this year; no loss.

LaPetiteSalope
03-26-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm goinngg!

NiceGai44
03-26-2007, 08:43 AM
I should be there. My first time. Oh yeah kycos I should be able to give you a ride I just dont know what day I am heading out.

SaChan
03-26-2007, 10:53 AM
If I can get a place to stay, I will be going! I've got some simple costumes to bring with me since this con is so layed back.

SailorKagome
03-26-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm going. :) A friend of mine is coming with, and it's possible we'll have another roomie. We're still looking for more roomies though, lol. We don't mind a lot of people (we have 15 for otakon... ._.), and we're willing to pick people up/drop them off as long as it's on the way. :)

Star_Angel
03-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Have a place to crash and I should have my car by then, so I can drive in from C-ville. I want to say I can give people a lift but things are still up in the air at the moment.:geek:

I could probably give you a ride if your car is out of commission since Ill be in c-ville that Thursday at my grandmas before heading to Richmond on Friday (just help me with gas and Im happy, lol), and it would be nice to not have to drive there by myself.

myaku_
03-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Going, but just for Saturday.
I'm graduating on Friday~ :3

stafffighter
03-30-2007, 10:02 PM
I could probably give you a ride if your car is out of commission since Ill be in c-ville that Thursday at my grandmas before heading to Richmond on Friday (just help me with gas and Im happy, lol), and it would be nice to not have to drive there by myself.

That sounds great! It'll be nice drive in with a fellow C-ville area cosplayer.

I'm going. :) A friend of mine is coming with, and it's possible we'll have another roomie. We're still looking for more roomies though, lol. We don't mind a lot of people (we have 15 for otakon... ._.), and we're willing to pick people up/drop them off as long as it's on the way. :)
Hey, just checking in. Am I still able to crash in your room?

SailorKagome
03-31-2007, 11:12 AM

Hey, just checking in. Am I still able to crash in your room?

Yeah! :) I was actually just about to email you and confirm lol. We're just hoping for one or two more roomies, so if you have any friends going or know anyone that needs a room, let them know! :)

stafffighter
03-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Sorry about the incognito, just moved to a new place in the same ol' C-ville and things have been 10 kinds of crazy.....:crylaugh:

Star_Angel
04-01-2007, 09:25 PM

Awesome, we can figure out details closer to the con on what time to meet on Friday and stuff.

stafffighter
04-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Awesome, we can figure out details closer to the con on what time to meet on Friday and stuff.

Cool,cool, hip and groovy.:)

Bagu
04-03-2007, 04:32 PM
I suppose I should start figuring out my room arrangements as well, even though its still a couple of cons away for me.

skyfirefox
04-10-2007, 05:35 PM
I will be going too. I live in Woodbridge. I have room in my car and space in my room at the hotel if needed.

kyocs
04-10-2007, 08:01 PM
+ _+ so far i still can't get any rides, maybe i have to wait for otakon then
(` A `;; )

I'll be there all 3 days for sure since I live in Richmond! I am SO excited, I wish it were time already, but at the same time Im glad it's not cause I need to work like mad on my costumes! If you see me there talk to me and my friends, especially if you're a cute asian boy ^_^

yeah, i will do that : D

>zeta<
04-20-2007, 09:53 AM
sooo, are there any hobos around the convention center?

Lumasnati
04-20-2007, 04:20 PM
There aren't. But the area around the convention center is questionable. A lot of it is old buildings, shops and abandoned places. Also. There is a neighborhood nearby. I wouldn't recommend walking outside after 10 pm by oneself. Take a group because it isn't the safest place.

stafffighter
04-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I agree. I used to live right down the street from the convention center and it can get a bit sketchy late at night.

Nekko
04-21-2007, 10:42 AM
I work for choice hotels and get a discount but I still haven't got a room yet..

styxmahler
04-27-2007, 02:55 AM
I skipped my graduation last year to go >_>;;;

That's the spirit!

I'm skipping my graduation to go to this. It'll be worth it.

BouXKanon
05-04-2007, 09:47 PM
+ _+ so far i still can't get any rides, maybe i have to wait for otakon then
(` A `;; )

Someone give this boy a ride to con! I would do it...but Im already in Richmond T_T Where's the love people?! Hehehehe

*huggles poor Kyocs*

MH-chan
05-05-2007, 10:52 PM
*raises hand*
Oh snaps, whole page to mehself :3

I'm coming down from Woodbridge also
For the whooole weekend =D so conpeoples you be stuck with me the whole time

Not sure where Im staying though, haha, if it's with actual con people
or if Im making my goodgood friend who lives down there let me crash at his place
or make him get a room~<3

Zyphen
05-06-2007, 12:43 AM
I have a room reserved at AMA for Friday and Saturday night. Looks like it's pretty much certain I'll be there. Currently, I have 1 other person who's going to room with me. I was actually going to stop there, lol. I'm willing to pay more than my share for elbow room. Though I like my space and all, I don't like seeing cosplayers in my area being left high and dry.

@kyocs : If you aren't dying to get there on Thursday, you can ride with me Friday morning. Assuming you need a room as well?

@MH-chan : let me know if you need space as well

@anyone else : I'm trying to keep it to 3 or 4 people but you're welcome to PM me and I'll get back to you if I still have room

MH-chan
05-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Thank you very much, Zyphen, I shall keep that in mind ^^
But I wouldn't want to burden you, so I'll try to keep with my other sources

Nekko
05-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Im going all three days now, Im bring my baby niece and Matt from the naruto abridged forums and joey.

kyocs
05-07-2007, 05:00 PM
thx for all of your help, i got a ride & room now, so iam set ^ ^, hope to see you pep there, i will be in the artist alley and lobby.

Nekko
05-08-2007, 04:57 PM
I need help from a girl going to AMA. Since Im sharing a room with guys I have noone to help me bind for my Kiba or L cosplay... I would do it myself but everytime I try I slip out...

MH-chan
05-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Haha, I could help you Nekko ^_^

Nekko
05-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks a lot. being endowed is not good for crossplay.....

MH-chan
05-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Haha, true that.

Nekko
05-12-2007, 02:41 AM
Woot got a haircut! I now have the perfect length hair for being a pretty boy!

stafffighter
05-30-2007, 09:26 PM
A little more than two weeks! Who's starting to get excited? *starts scrambling for ride and room confirmations*

fatalinjection
05-31-2007, 12:52 AM
I'm soooo excited! :D

Lumasnati
05-31-2007, 06:49 AM
Everything is good on my end! I just have last minute stuff to get done! :3 I can't wait! -waves to everyone!-

Nekko
05-31-2007, 06:52 AM
(butterflies)

I am so ready for this you can't even imagine! **Get paid the eighth** reserve room, clean out car, buy more bandage for binding.. make temari shoes and a hundred and three other little things...

kyocs
05-31-2007, 09:28 AM
i am excited too, finally get my sharigan contact lens and they fit perfectly.
got my business card designed to print. more art prints to sell this time as well, hehe : P and of cos, payday coming up !

stafffighter
05-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Gah! Its looking like I might be in need of a place to crash, the person I was planning on rooming with has gone incognito. If anyone has space for a wayward cosplayer please let me know!

Nekko
05-31-2007, 05:19 PM
Im so sorry i'm full up...

fatalinjection
05-31-2007, 07:40 PM
If you absolutely can't find anywhere else to go, I do have a room...but I think we already have like 6 people in it @_@; so it'd be cramped and probably would have to sleep on the floor...but if you can't find anywhere else we'll take you in! Always willing to help a fellow bleacher ;_;

stafffighter
05-31-2007, 08:36 PM
If you absolutely can't find anywhere else to go, I do have a room...but I think we already have like 6 people in it @_@; so it'd be cramped and probably would have to sleep on the floor...but if you can't find anywhere else we'll take you in! Always willing to help a fellow bleacher ;_;

Aww,Fatal that would be awesome. Floor is no problem for me.I PMed, the person but if I don't hear back from them in the next couple of days, I'd be glad to room with you. ^_^

fatalinjection
05-31-2007, 08:37 PM
Aww,Fatal that would be awesome. Floor is no problem for me.I PMed, the person but if I don't hear back from them in the next couple of days, I'd be glad to room with you. ^_^

Alright, just let me know! Rangiku-nee-san must look out for her Momo! XD

stafffighter
05-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Will do!

Star_Angel
06-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Will do!

I Pm'ed ya about ride info! (just in case you see this before you see your pm's)

Woot woot people like 1.5 weeks away!

Gogglegirl
06-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Woot woot people like 1.5 weeks away!

AHHHH~!!!! I have almost and entire costume to make! AND I'm graduating the day before AMA so my weekends are packed with Parties and events and I still have exams and actual schoolwork to do! AH~!

Nekko
06-02-2007, 03:25 PM
I am starting to stress out now. I need the money because of all the stuff I gotta get done this month but I am friggan TIRED of working doubles....

I look like an L crossplayer right now...

stafffighter
06-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Whoot! I found a place. I feel much better now. Thanks for the offer Fatal. Can't wait to see you guys. I am so needing it right now, been covering for people at work for extra hours, and I am wiped. So looking forward to get my geek on.:rockon:

fatalinjection
06-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Whoot! I found a place. I feel much better now. Thanks for the offer Fatal. Can't wait to see you guys. I am so needing it right now, been covering for people at work for extra hours, and I am wiped. So looking forward to get my geek on.:rockon:

Glad you found a place ^^

BouXKanon
06-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Wheeeeeee....less than two weeks till con! Someone pinch me...then help me make my costumes >_<

midus
06-05-2007, 11:02 AM
yep yep, Im actually thinking about going. Its in richmond and I am sure my friend will let me stay at their place. IF not , then its in a hotel right? Just stay up all night hahah. IF I can get a quick costume together and find the materials and if I dont have a job by then , then I will be going as spike from cowboy bebop.(I love the anime, and it looks like an easy costume to make) If I can pull this off this will be my very first cosplay costume ever! Im a 6'4 tallll guy so If you see a really tall guy dressed up as spike feel free to say hi!

Nekko
06-09-2007, 04:14 PM
You would make an awsome Hughes from FMA too.

Pyked
06-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Hiya, ventured to AMA last year and I live IN Richmond so no excuse to not venture out again (kek) My Darker than Black - Hei(BK201) costume is nearly complete with just the mask being a nusiance(have tried 4 times now with clay, two with metal.. I will make it perfect or else xD) Looking forward to seeing you all ^.^ (again?!)

OH! I plan on making a quick one hour stop over at Belle Island if the weather is nice for photographs(theres some rather neat ruins you can use for a background). If anyone would like to venture over with us I believe I will have space for one more in my car or if some others would like to coordinate.. the better?

Dunno what the third party is up to though....

PS: I need to get a less scary avatar heh

fatalinjection
06-10-2007, 01:11 AM
Hiya, ventured to AMA last year and I live IN Richmond so no excuse to not venture out again (kek) My Darker than Black - Hei(BK201) costume is nearly complete with just the mask being a nusiance(have tried 4 times now with clay, two with metal.. I will make it perfect or else xD) Looking forward to seeing you all ^.^ (again?!)

OH! I plan on making a quick one hour stop over at Belle Island if the weather is nice for photographs(theres some rather neat ruins you can use for a background). If anyone would like to venture over with us I believe I will have space for one more in my car or if some others would like to coordinate.. the better?

Dunno what the third party is up to though....

PS: I need to get a less scary avatar heh

Oooh, really? Do you have any pics of the ruins? Don't really have any cosplays they'd be appropriate for at the moment, but I always love seeing that kind of stuff and possibly using it for something in the future *_*

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm going to AMA. at least 2 of the 3 days. WOOT!

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it... ooh yeah

to Her Majesty FatalInjection --- about Belle Island. there's only a couple places there where you'll actually see any type of ruins. however there's still quite a few lovely scenery spots. and if memory serves me correctly, it shouldn't be that far away from where AMA is being held. also, if i can get a chance to stop by there i'll take some pics for you.

Ahh, how nice of you ^^ (Did you take pictures yesterday, too? I can't remember who all did, and I'll I've got so far are owlwoods' pictures :() I'll try to look up some pics of it online or something. I already have way too many pictures of shinigami matsumoto XD but am always looking for sites for shoots of future costumes. :) And, I have to find a place in Richmond for a 'school uniform' shootduring AMA T_T;

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 04:10 PM
um, i honestly can't remember. i was having too great a time, but i'll check and see. and Matsumoto suits you extremely well, i actually thought you were her when i saw you.

hmm, pics for a school uniform. that's a toughy. though there is Dorey Park, that's an outdoor place. i say the only places for a school uniform would be either outside the convention building or possibly at a mall.

so when are you going to be at AMA? for i was thinking we could meet up. get the gang together. even though i'm new to the gang. hehe

Awwww, thank you ^_^ *blush*

Yeah, I was thinking maybe outside the convention building, but I didn't take a good look around last year, so I guess I'll figure it out when I go this year XD

I'll be at AMA all three days, we should be getting there around 1 or 2 on Friday, I think.

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 04:29 PM
your indeed welcome Your Majesty *bows and kisses her hand* it tis the truth

hmm, well it's a somewhat big buiding, so i'm sure there's someplace which will work. and sweetness. that's great. i know i'll definitely be there friday. especially since i have two free movies waiting for me

You're going to make me blush for real u_u;

Yeah, and the outside of it looks pretty cool, too, so. I'm sure I'll find something to work. And cool ^^ Hope to see ya there!

(And did you check your camera? :P I knoooow you got some pictures yesterday!)

Nekko
06-11-2007, 04:36 PM
*smacks Joey in the head*
Your such a smarmosaur!

Don't let this nut fool you.. He's actually a nut..

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 04:38 PM
*smacks Joey in the head*
Your such a smarmosaur!

Don't let this nut fool you.. He's actually a nut..

What is a smarmosaur? XD

Nekko
06-11-2007, 04:43 PM
They are related to the jerkasarus rex... but are more lovable... Kinda like the ugly puppy that you feel sorry for..

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 04:49 PM
i'm sorry Your Majesty. is that a bad thing? though i'm sure you look cute when you blush

and ah ha, i do have a couple good pics on my camera. though it will take a while to upload them since i have dial-up connection

u_u;;; Not a bad thing, haha. Flattery will get you everywhere! I mean, uh, nowhere. >_>

Oh, yay! ^__^ So excited to see them!

They are related to the jerkasarus rex... but are more lovable... Kinda like the ugly puppy that you feel sorry for..

LMAO that's so sad XD

Lumasnati
06-11-2007, 05:01 PM
I just want to throw this out there:

Is anyone leaving to go to AMA thursday that lives in the Northern Virginia area that is in need of a ride?

We'd be leaving around noon to get down there. :3

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 05:13 PM
to FatalInjection.... since apparently i'm this so called smarmosaurus.. i wish to apologize... im sorry for being nice and friendly

Your friend is just kidding, silly! *smacks you upside the head, too* Don't go all emo on us ;_;

Nekko
06-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Joey don't be mad I was just JOKING.

Smarm is FLIRTY

And NO I didn't call you a jerk

It was a refrence to a comic that I like.

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 05:27 PM
hehe. so adorable.. though it tis true. with your beauty and your natural feel for posing, you could possibly be a model.. you should check that out

as for the pictures. i'll have them uploaded sometime tonight. and i'll send you the links.. but right now, since i found out how one of my 3 friends see me as. i'm currently in a down mood

Haha, nah. I'm awkward at posing at not too great looking, lol. But thanks for the compliment anyways :P

And she was kidding, dude! Just a joke! >_< Don't be one of those lame people who can't take a joke! She obviously is a good friend who cares about you!

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 05:42 PM
posing can be worked on. and your a goddess.. especially your eyes. they have an alluring hypnotizing effect ^_^

and read new post... me know now it was joke.. and me sorry.. paranoia just creeped in a bit.. i'm somewhat used to people stabbing me in back, but everything ok. me sorry for little lapse *smacks self in head* see.. ow that hurt

Wow, I haven't heard that before XD Maybe I should try to hypnotize people and steal their money! *_* Wooo, new career choice!

It's okay XD <3 Just know that if she really thought that about you, she wouldn't be your friend :P So she was just kidding!

the LAN warrior
06-11-2007, 05:47 PM
well, i sure started reading this thread at a weird time.

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 05:48 PM

Hahaha XD

Nekko
06-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Really?

Quick Fatal hypnotise him so I can steal his Pocky money!

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Really?

Quick Fatal hypnotise him so I can steal his Pocky money!

@_@;;; you're getting verrrrrry sleepy....

stafffighter
06-11-2007, 05:56 PM

I second that emotion. Still, its kinda cute. ^_^

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 05:59 PM
hehe.. sounds like a plan.. wait *puts on a pair of shades to cover his eyes*........ DARN.. i'm already hypnotized by purty eyes. *hands her his Pocky money*

and ok.. again me very sorry for small lapse.. it wont happen again. hope it doesn't change way you see me..

<3

*high-fives Nekko and hands her the money* My work here is done! *disappears*

the LAN warrior
06-11-2007, 06:03 PM
I know im going to get lynched for saying this but im not a fan of pocky

fatalinjection
06-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I know im going to get lynched for saying this but im not a fan of pocky

Oh, I'm not either. Well, coconut milk pocky is alright, but I'm certainly not one to go crazy over it, haha.

the LAN warrior
06-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I've just never seen the appeal, it is a shortbread stick covered in artificial flavor. What's so good?

Nekko
06-11-2007, 07:02 PM
It's yummy and bad for you... What else is their to love?

the LAN warrior
06-11-2007, 07:13 PM
you and i, dear, differ greatly on our definitions of "yummy"

Nekko
06-11-2007, 07:35 PM
You and I dear sir should agree to disagree...

Truce?

the LAN warrior
06-11-2007, 07:42 PM
done

Nekko
06-11-2007, 07:44 PM
YAY!

I R BORED!

Working a double is not fun. Specially since I don't get paid till the 23...

bigwil
06-12-2007, 02:04 AM
Woot AMA here we come!

stafffighter
06-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Dang straight! Let the last minute scurrying begin!

Lumasnati
06-13-2007, 05:24 AM
I have to finish packing!! -tugs at hair!- I leave tomorrow around noon for AMA!

Nekko
06-14-2007, 07:46 AM
ME TOO!

I have to do a lot of laundry today...

stafffighter
06-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Bag is just about packed, room and ride are confirmed. Let the con begin!

MH-chan
06-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Q_Q *still hasn't packed*