PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking of doing a skit, and....

Mizuho
04-11-2003, 01:01 AM
... I was wondering if anyone could tell me what really sets the crowds going! I've never been in a skit at a convention before, but I've been active in plays and musicals all of my life. I'd definitely be interested in creating and performing in a skit at a convention.

If anyone had any words of wisdom, don't be afraid to share them. I have to decide soon! I think I've got some pretty decent ideas.... :rofl:

Michi
04-11-2003, 01:03 AM
This should go in the Skit/Masquerade Discussion, I think.

But the best performances are always the short, sweet, and funny ones. Or the quick, nicely done ones.. yes. Unless you can pull off some really well done dramatic piece with good costumes, I wouldn't try it. ^^;

What're your ideas?

Mizuho
04-11-2003, 03:59 AM
Yeah, now that you mention it, it would probably be better in that thread. :thumbsup:

Hmm... My ideas revolve mostly around the idea of an interpretitive dance-- creating some interactions between characters on stage that correspond with the song the song. Preferably, it would be something like Jungle Boogie, or something just as quirky and fast-paced...

Who knows, though, heh heh. I'm only thinking about it at this point... Maybe I will go this year to observe some of the skits in order to get a better feel for what they're like....

Michi
04-11-2003, 04:04 AM
If you got a bunch of characters to do a silly dance to something like Jungle Boogie, and it wasn't too long of a skit, I'm sure the audience would like it. ^_^

Of course, if you'd be more comfortable checking out what other people usually do first, that's cool too. My first con I just went ahead and did a silly skit with a couple of friends. ^^;

What matters is that you have fun doing it, y'know? ^-^

Mitiroshi Takwa
04-11-2003, 11:42 PM
is it at the Otakon?
I'm going to be Shipou from Inu Yasha

Mizuho
04-12-2003, 01:59 PM
I was thinking Anime Central-- I'm going with only one friend to Otakon, and I don't know if he's cosplaying yet. So no skit there, yet. =P

cyankirby
04-16-2003, 06:43 PM
I suggest something that involves comedy. That ALWAYS seems to go over well with both the judges and the crowd...

djmihoshi
04-19-2003, 06:09 PM
Yea, comedy's always a hit.
I've noticed that if you can make a short and sweet spoof of a pop culture icon, (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Monty Python, etc), that usually helps.

Mizuho
04-21-2003, 01:44 AM
I totally dig your sig, Mihoshi. :sunburn:

ChicoChan
04-22-2003, 08:19 AM
definatly go with something funny....... I've seen and been in many skits........
dramatic skits always put people to sleep....no matter how good it is......
going with a group is always the best ^_^
the bigger the better, If i just went up there and dances as opposed to me and the craptaculat cosplayers.....wouldn't be half as funny
don't be afraid to do anything either.....
My and my friends won best comedy at megacon for our cowboy bepop skit ^_______________^
and all we did was dance to group x.....ahhhhh does keenan ever make it funny thou
LOL!

istoria
04-22-2003, 10:09 PM
The Cosplay group winners at Shoujocon 2002 did an interpretive dance actually. It was about Lain and it was well... really impressive. But most of the drama's ones don't fair as well as this one. Comedy definitely makes the best impact.

evaneko
04-23-2003, 11:34 AM
the audiences seem to like the short funny ones best- not funny they fall asleep too long they fall asleep