PDA

View Full Version : Montreal,Quebec Convention

JiMm007
03-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Hey,

I'm a new cosplayer , I mean new to this forum its been at least 3 years that I kinda cosplayed :angel2:

I did a Jedi Knight , Darth Vader :bigtu: I also did a play in grade 6 I was in MacBeth :P was pretty sweet since I killed macbeth in the end! but any how

I want to know who is planning on going to the Otakuthon Montreal Anime Convention on August 4th ? Because I plan to go with a friend! Also I just meet someone here on the forums who resides where I live...well very close like 20 min drive and she might go aswell thou I plan to talk about it with her!

So ? anyone up

fox.boy
03-16-2007, 10:46 PM
I and some of my cosplay group is going for sure ^_^

JiMm007
03-16-2007, 10:58 PM
SWEET! I'd LOVE TO see you guys there aswell :) Keep in touch! I might merge in with your group :) if thats alright with you guys :)

I wanna hang out and have my first ANIME Convention and i want it to be a blast :bigtu:

jusdepomme
03-18-2007, 08:27 PM
I'll be going too. I might be a volonteer this year, but we'll probably see each others. Lots of my friends are planning to come

loki555
03-18-2007, 08:31 PM
So is i. Expect to run into a guy as Eternal Sailor Venus there *points himself*

genny
03-19-2007, 02:13 PM
hehe, I'm for sure going (work permitting of course)
Luckaly for me, my family lives there so it won't be a problem to stay for the weekend.

P.S I saw you Jusdepomme @ AC3 this year.

Kudrel
03-20-2007, 01:14 PM
I do also plan to attend. :D

JiMm007
03-20-2007, 07:35 PM
cools We will hopefulyl see all each other over tehre! anyways its gonna be my first ever convention :O so I hope its gonna be a blast!

Who will you be going as ??? Krudel,Genny,jusdepomme

Haha Eternal Sailor Venus :P hehe

Dahvie-Chan
03-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Im going as well, Ill go to every con I can!

jusdepomme
03-20-2007, 10:28 PM
I don't know yet what I'll be cosplaying. It will depend on my functions during the weekend.

JiMm007
03-21-2007, 12:12 AM
I see alors tu parle tu francais jusdepomme(Applejuice)

Was it good last year?

genny
03-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Kudrel and Dahvie-chan, we should go together and stay at my parents. Its a free room ! so we can stay for the two days. ^_^

We could just take the STCUM bus to downtown and ride the Metro, if we don't have a car to go there in the first place. We'll see when we get there, in august.

Je vous verrais là bas, mes chères ami(e)s de Cosplay.com

Dahvie-Chan
03-21-2007, 10:32 AM
I was thinkin of staying with Val since she lives in gatineau or something in montreal or wherever XD

genny
03-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Woaah!
Do You have an idea of the distance thats seperates us? Its 3h aways by car and at 100 KM/h, you know. The con is in Montreal, not Gatineau.
The con last 2 days Saturday August 4 and Sunday August 5.
http://www.otakuthon.com/en/index.html

Unless I am reading this wrong. Your gonna Drive 3 hours from Gatineau in the morning and drive 3 hours back at night, then 3 hours back to Montreal an 3 hours to Ottawa??????

Dahvie-Chan
03-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Im not sure exactly where Val lives, she could live closer to Montreal, I don know, she moved somewhere up there.

Jerseymilk
03-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Val's actually further away from Montreal than Hull/Gatineau. You'd pretty much be going in the opposite direction if you stayed with her.

jusdepomme
03-21-2007, 05:02 PM
I see alors tu parle tu francais jusdepomme(Applejuice)

Was it good last year?
Oui je parle français.

Last year it was really good. Over 1000 persons for its first time. It was very friendly but you need to look at the map first if you don't want to lose yourself in Concordia.

What is really nice is that there is activities in both languages.

JiMm007
03-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Malade!!! LA tum donne le gout d'aller en criss! lol quest ce que jaime de montreal c le monde! ici ya du monde de partout dans le monde c fouuuu!!!!
tout les personne qui vien du japon etc vien trjs ici a montreal parce ce que nous somme les miellieur! okay okay je rigol un peut la :P lol

Yah if your coming from gatineau you should stay at jeenys place :) save you lots of time and money :) Im coming down from Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu so its only like 20 minutes away from Montreal :rockon: So Im driving there and back :) haha

tuka ca serais cool des vous voir labas GennY Jusdepomme :)

Kaijugal
03-27-2007, 01:39 PM
I'll be there again. :)
Cheers!

JiMm007
03-28-2007, 05:55 AM
Cools I really cant wait to go...its totally gonna rock on :rockon: My convention,first time cosplaying in front of people i dont know Yeah Im feeling it haha!

Anyways all those who do attend I REALLY want to take pictures with yoiu guys ;)

loki555
03-28-2007, 04:07 PM
I'll be there again. :)
Cheers!

Sweet *does a happy dance* I might be Eternal Sailor Venus at Otakuthon this year and maybe Neo Princess Pluto if im lucky XD

Kimmy
03-28-2007, 04:31 PM
I'll definitely be there this year with my friends! =D I'm still not sure what I'm going to cosplay though.

Rik-U
03-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Yay Otakuthon!^^

You should join in the meet-ups too, check out the okatuthon forum too!

Vicky Janelle
04-02-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm planing on going to Otakuthon and hoping to sell my artwork.
Cosplay: Princess Peach in her Sport outfit.

JiMm007
04-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Cools!

Have any pictures of your art work on the net? or any website

Vicky Janelle
04-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Cools!

Have any pictures of your art work on the net? or any website

My website is http://vickyj.deviantart.com

Karasuhebi
04-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Kudrel and Dahvie-chan, we should go together and stay at my parents. Its a free room ! so we can stay for the two days. ^_^

We could just take the STCUM bus to downtown and ride the Metro, if we don't have a car to go there in the first place. We'll see when we get there, in august.

Je vous verrais là bas, mes chères ami(e)s de Cosplay.com

Hey guys!

I'm not sure if I can make it but if I do can I go with you? Just in case you don't remember I'm Tenten(or the moogle XD)!

FullMetalSam
04-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Woot... something talking about Otakuthon on the cosplay.com forums.

I'll be there for sure (helping in organising the AMV contest)... don't know what I'll cosplay, but it will probably be something from FMA (if I don't have time to finish my other projects)

Oh... et je parle français aussi :bigtu:

JiMm007
04-05-2007, 05:06 AM
Nice :) quel sort de video tu va faire? tuka ont pourrais bien donne des idee:cheers: si jamait! anyways c sur que nous en gang on va se voir et prendre des photo shoot ensemble jespere! :)

Vicky I like your mushroom pillow xD haha. you have the style of that show....The Fiery God parents something like that hehe :P

Anyways Rik-U I can try to be there at meet ups but on the 4th Ill surely be there! hopefully with my friend a work and maybe other people! dont know yet! tuka jai hate de te voir :bigtu:

jusdepomme
04-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Sam, you better be there or I'll kill you. Never mess with Riza. And I might have an idea for an AMV based on the one I showed you at Gab's house.

EgnirysFaye
04-06-2007, 11:27 PM
I had forgotten there was an Otakuthon! Silly me. Now I plan to go. I used to live in Montreal (Born there) so all my family is there anyway XD I'll probably be Rufus Shinra from FF7 AC. Tis grand that it is Bilingual as well, Vraiment bien.

JiMm007
04-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Malade!!! I like Rufus style :) Way more than thoes other Turks! hahh But Everyone does Cloud ... I wish to see someone cosplay Zack! :)

~AbdalaCloud
04-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Si je visiterait Montréal cet été pour visiter mes cousins, je serait peut-être capable de venir. Le probème est que je vit à Toronto.

If I'm capable to go to Montreal this summer to visit my cousins, I'd maybe be able to come. The only problem is that I live in Toronto.

genny
04-07-2007, 07:15 PM
To all Ottawa anime fans.

I would like to organize a trip to Montreal for the con. We should go as a group. We could either bus there or drive there depending on the situation. I will get a better idea once the date is near.

However, I am not organising this until at least this summer, when we all know what we are doing for the summer and the money we will have to spend for the event.

If you are interested at any point in time, please e-mail or PM me.

Sounds good?

EgnirysFaye
04-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Talking about my Rufus right? XD Hehe awesome, someone likes! And that's true, I haven't seen a Zack cosplay yet in person..I think.

I wouldn't mind being part of the group travel, though I just might end up driving up there with the car since its rather routine of me or my parents to go up there anyway.

FullMetalSam
04-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Sam, you better be there or I'll kill you. Never mess with Riza. And I might have an idea for an AMV based on the one I showed you at Gab's house.

Hehe... ok ok... I'll be there in FMA cosplay.

Oh... was that the new project you were telling me about... or is it something else ???

jusdepomme
04-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Hehe... ok ok... I'll be there in FMA cosplay.

Oh... was that the new project you were telling me about... or is it something else ???
It was about Chobits. But it will depend if I'll be able to work on it this summer since I don't know where I'll be and if I'll have my computer with me @_@

YumikoStar
04-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Did You Go To Bonaventure This Noon Perharps?

YumikoStar
04-14-2007, 08:23 PM
So is i. Expect to run into a guy as Eternal Sailor Venus there *points himself*

Did You Go To Bonaventure This Noon Perharps?

genny
05-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Hey, how far are the Concordia U residences from the main building of the otakukon? Is it walkable?

Cause staying there is cheaper then hotels.

Also, can you recommence hotels near by the con?
Thanks

Jerseymilk
05-03-2007, 03:57 PM
To all Ottawa anime fans.

I would like to organize a trip to Montreal for the con. We should go as a group. We could either bus there or drive there depending on the situation. I will get a better idea once the date is near.

However, I am not organising this until at least this summer, when we all know what we are doing for the summer and the money we will have to spend for the event.

If you are interested at any point in time, please e-mail or PM me.

Sounds good?

The sounds interesting definitely Genny I'm not sure if I will be able to join in at this point, but it's an opportunity I'll be considering. ^^

EgnirysFaye: you should join the Final Fantasy LARP trip we're putting together for this summer. We still don't have a Rufus and can always use more people.^^
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=107545

loupargent
05-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Oh wow, I wasn't aware they had an anime convention here in Montreal!

I sure as hell will attend if I can! Maybe in my Saito costume, although I'll have to make a fake weapon by then, since steel ones aren't allowed...

Vicky Janelle
05-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Nice :) quel sort de video tu va faire? tuka ont pourrais bien donne des idee:cheers: si jamait! anyways c sur que nous en gang on va se voir et prendre des photo shoot ensemble jespere! :)

Vicky I like your mushroom pillow xD haha. you have the style of that show....The Fiery God parents something like that hehe :P

Anyways Rik-U I can try to be there at meet ups but on the 4th Ill surely be there! hopefully with my friend a work and maybe other people! dont know yet! tuka jai hate de te voir :bigtu:

Thank you.
My art style does look like Fairy Odd Parents, the show is called Danny Phantom.

Jubilee003
05-29-2007, 06:54 PM
I would go to otakuthon too! ^^ I hope to go in KADAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ!

jusdepomme
06-25-2007, 02:29 PM
So what are everyones plans? I'll be helping for the masquerade saturday and will do a skit out of competition. Sunday, I'll be hosting a panel about how to create a pattern, but it will be given only in french.

I'll be wearing my lolita dress and my Riza Hawkeye miniskirt during the con. Maybe Deidara, but I'm really not sure.

Are any people here participating in contest? I'm working on my AMV this week so it will be ready.

masteva
06-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Bah! I found out about this one a bit too late! Money is tight just now and I can't afford a hotel and trip there and back just now :(

Dahvie-Chan
06-26-2007, 08:24 AM
If I go, which I hope to with Genny
I'll prolly cosplay as Kyo from Dir en grey and perhaps Kurogane from Tsubasa Chronicles since Im Rp'ing him for an anime movie is putting together in Ottawa for next year, also making a promo vid this year

Karynas
06-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Je vais probablement y aller, je vais essayer de voir si je peut aller dormir chez mes grand-parents(qui vivent a montréal) pour revenir le 5. Je vais probablement y aller en Kairi de Kingdom Hearts avec son uniforme, il me reste que la jupe à faire, et j'ai jamais appris a coudre >.< J'y vais surement y aller avec une de mes amies, mais elle ne connait rien au japon et tout et elle n'aime pas trop ça... Elle va cosplayer Naminé. J'VEUT UN GROUP KH ! ....

I'll probably go, i'll try to see if i can sleep at my grand-parents' house (who live at motréal) to come back the 5. I'll probably be Kairi from Kingdom Hearts with her uniform, there's only the skirt to do, and i never learn how to sew >.< I'll surely go with one of my friend, but she don't know nothing about japan and all and she don't really like that... She's gonna cosplay Naminé. I WANT A KH GROUP ! ...

XKelpieX
06-27-2007, 06:49 PM
I'll be doing the Gackt panel at Otakuthon! It's gonna rock and there'll be a small prize at the end, too!

princesshimiko
06-27-2007, 06:53 PM
Bah! I found out about this one a bit too late! Money is tight just now and I can't afford a hotel and trip there and back just now :(

Same here. I'm right over in New Brunswick, and it's not that far. But, I'm somewhat sad that I can't come this year :(

Sarcasm-hime
06-27-2007, 06:56 PM
I'll be going along with Kaijugal. Don't know what costumes I will bring yet.

Dahvie-Chan
06-27-2007, 09:39 PM
I'll be doing the Gackt panel at Otakuthon! It's gonna rock and there'll be a small prize at the end, too!
:O I wanna go. Loooove Gackt

XKelpieX
06-28-2007, 11:47 AM
:O I wanna go. Loooove Gackt
Then come! I dunno what time or day it's going to be yet, though. I just know that I only have a month to gather accurate research >.>

jusdepomme
06-28-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm so glad to see you're coming Sarcasm-hime. I hope I'll have the chance to talk to you a bit.

Dahvie-Chan
06-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Then come! I dunno what time or day it's going to be yet, though. I just know that I only have a month to gather accurate research >.>

Well, I plan to come, just gotta get the info from Genny for the trip to montreal

jusdepomme
07-11-2007, 01:48 PM
The con is coming so fast... I really don't know if I'll have time to do all the things I want.

Lady_Sodina
07-11-2007, 03:10 PM
I"m *hopefully* going to Otakuthon this year. Work currently says they can give me the time off, but I don't completely believe them. We'll see. I really hope so though, it's been awhile since I've been back to Montreal (I'm originally from there), so here's hoping!

Dahvie-Chan
07-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Im goin for sure! Woot, gotta buy a bus thing so I can get there and back

loki555
07-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Its comming so fast. I cant wait to wear Neo Princess Pluto and seeing everyone ^^

Sarcasm-hime
07-12-2007, 01:26 AM
Anybody have any suggestions about which costumes I should bring? I've been too busy with custom orders and jobs to make anything new for myself this year. *pouts* Or I could just bring kimono, I suppose; I've got plenty of those. *lol*

FullMetalSam
07-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Anybody have any suggestions about which costumes I should bring? I've been too busy with custom orders and jobs to make anything new for myself this year. *pouts* Or I could just bring kimono, I suppose; I've got plenty of those. *lol*

How about "Hot Ice Hilda" ???
You had it at AN this year (not many cosplayer from Outlaw Star... so I'm assuming it's you)... but it's a cool and "practical" costume if you don't to spend hours on make up.

jusdepomme
07-14-2007, 10:58 AM
I was about to say that too. Hot Ice Hilda is a nice costume. Maybe Emerald Lolita would be nice too.

XKelpieX
07-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Loki I want pics of your Neo-Pluto!
So, con's in half a month and I'm not prepared at all.
I have to untangle my wig and finish everything up for my panel. At least I have the prize ready. I didn;t even have to go and buy it as my mom wouldn't even let it in the house because it had a gun on it XD

Dahvie-Chan
07-14-2007, 10:04 PM
I cant wait for Otakuthon. Cage version (Labcoat) of Kyo comin your way XD!

XKelpieX
07-15-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm not a Diru fan, but the costumes are always fun! Can;t wait to see it.

loki555
07-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Loki I want pics of your Neo-Pluto!
So, con's in half a month and I'm not prepared at all.
I have to untangle my wig and finish everything up for my panel. At least I have the prize ready. I didn;t even have to go and buy it as my mom wouldn't even let it in the house because it had a gun on it XD

I have some in my gallery but they have been taken wit my webcam ^^;;

trixyloupwolf
07-16-2007, 10:01 PM
kagugal
I'll be there again.
Cheers!

Sarcasm-hime's
I'll be going along with Kaijugal. Don't know what costumes I will bring yet.

waa cool!

anybody have any suggestions about which costumes I should bring? I've been too busy with custom orders and jobs to make anything new for myself this year. *pouts* Or I could just bring kimono, I suppose; I've got plenty of those. *lol*

yep ^^ why not teen titan one ^^;; it fit you so well ^^;;
or even your cute lollita kinfd of with green tread hair ^^;;

theyre bioth cute on you ^^;;

cant wait to be there ^^
i be doing 3 hgame on sunday ^^
hopw to have a lot of people ion my 3 game ^^;;
hehehe! ^^ win free prize is always fun ^^

see ya soon

trixy

ps: c est ben le fun ^^ plein de monde de cosplay.com a otakuthon wouu houu ^^
happy happy!

Dahvie-Chan
07-16-2007, 10:25 PM
yay Ive got my bus ticket to go to Otakuthon, I cant wait!!

jusdepomme
07-18-2007, 01:45 PM
we should do a cosplay.com gathering/photoshoot. How about that?

trixyloupwolf
07-18-2007, 01:55 PM
yeah!

hopefully i be free to come too ^^

nuevayuimaxwell
07-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Of course I will attend Otakuthon this year. If you see a Syaoran running around, that would be me. I'm the Masquerade Director ^_^ I hope a lot of you cosplayers will grace us with your participation!

Anyone knows if they will participate in the masquerade yet?

loki555
07-18-2007, 06:46 PM
we should do a cosplay.com gathering/photoshoot. How about that?

Go for it. Je suis partant pour. Je deverais surment porter Neo Princess Pluto pour ste shoot la XD

AsheDelacroixe
07-18-2007, 07:48 PM
I am also going.

jusdepomme
07-19-2007, 01:23 PM
okay for the photoshoot. When will it be better for everyone to be there??

genny
07-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Je fais la dance de Hare hare dimanche en matinée, je crois. Je suis partante pour l'après midi ou bien le samedi.

Sakura_CC
07-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Moi aussi j'vais être là! I'll be there too =)
A cosplay.com photoshoot would be nice ^^
I'll try to attend if you do one

jusdepomme
07-21-2007, 03:34 PM
I first thought that we should do it somewhere around 11 am saturday. Would it be too early?

trixyloupwolf
07-21-2007, 08:38 PM
o - o
peut etre aurauis je le temps en matiner ^^;; la maskarade est apres midid ^^;;
espere pouvoir venir ^^^^

Shukakachi
07-21-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm not going this year but me and my friends are planning to go to it in our last year of high school then go down to Quebec city for a week. That doesn't do much for this year though so no I'm not going this year...but in the future I am!

jusdepomme
07-21-2007, 09:06 PM
I know Trixy, I'll be working for the masquerade too that's why I wanted to do it early

Dahvie-Chan
07-21-2007, 09:45 PM
I might have my Kyo - Drain Away version ready for Otakuthon along with my Cage costume

nuevayuimaxwell
07-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Trixy, you'll have time Saturday morning for a photoshoot. Your services as a judge are only needed starting 3PM on Saturday, so feel free to go.

As for me, I'll try to sneak my way from the Masquerade registration table to be at the photoshoot, but you guys shouldn't wait for me XD I might not be able to come at all ^^;;;

Dahvie-Chan
07-24-2007, 11:49 AM
http://forums.otakuthon.com/viewtopic.php?p=37616#37616

anyone interested??

Siz
07-25-2007, 03:59 AM
Is it necessary to be in cosplay for otakuthon?
First Otakon that I might attend ^^ would make a change from the events i've been to lately!

And to make it even better, its at Montreal My city!

j'aime ^^

Sakura_CC
07-25-2007, 10:19 AM
You are never obligated to cosplay to go to any convention! ^_^
It's at your ease =)

Riyunah
07-25-2007, 10:38 AM
Yay! More Otakuthon people!!!!!!!

It's my first con that's why I'm so excited!!!

I love to meet you guys~!

*hug everyone*

I'll cosplay as Haruhi Suzumiya. :D

Dahvie-Chan
07-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Yay, I can't wait to meet you Riyunah
Especially at my cosplay outing a day after Otakuthon is over. I hope lots of people will come to it. Oh and Riyunah, who'll you be cosplaying as at the outing? Ill make it so we meet up with everyone from 11am to 12pm

jusdepomme
07-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Okay, here I announce the cosplay.com photoshoot in front of the escalator of the main floor in the main building (the one with panels and theaters) at 11am saturday. I'll bring a sign or something so you will know it's there.

Dahvie-Chan
07-25-2007, 09:35 PM
cool, Ill look out for it

genny
07-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Hi, Witch day is the meet up gonna happend Jus de pomme?

Also, Dahvie-chan Remember we must leave MTL early around 5pm to get home early enough so we won't be dead on Tuesday. I can't afford ($) to miss work. Litteraly.

Dahvie-Chan
07-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi, Witch day is the meet up gonna happend Jus de pomme?

Also, Dahvie-chan Remember we must leave MTL early around 5pm to get home early enough so we won't be dead on Tuesday. I can't afford ($) to miss work. Litteraly.

okeedoke.
so I was thinking, if we had a cosplay outing in China Town when we go.
we get together with everyone around 11:30am to 12pm and then we go to lunch with everyone and have bubble tea and hangout in the afternoon taking pics and doing some shopping and then around 4:30ish, we can head for the buses.
Does that sound good Genny?

Jubilee003
07-26-2007, 10:50 PM
:bashful: Je vais probablement y aller, je vais essayer de voir si je peut aller dormir chez mes grand-parents(qui vivent a montréal) pour revenir le 5. Je vais probablement y aller en Kairi de Kingdom Hearts avec son uniforme, il me reste que la jupe à faire, et j'ai jamais appris a coudre >.< J'y vais surement y aller avec une de mes amies, mais elle ne connait rien au japon et tout et elle n'aime pas trop ça... Elle va cosplayer Naminé. J'VEUT UN GROUP KH ! ....

I'll probably go, i'll try to see if i can sleep at my grand-parents' house (who live at motréal) to come back the 5. I'll probably be Kairi from Kingdom Hearts with her uniform, there's only the skirt to do, and i never learn how to sew >.< I'll surely go with one of my friend, but she don't know nothing about japan and all and she don't really like that... She's gonna cosplay Naminé. I WANT A KH GROUP ! ...

nyaaaa! X3 Karynaaaaas!

daaaah! A photoshoot! I always want to be in a photoshoot :bashful: (yea, I'm not a great member of this forum but I try TT_TT ) wathever, I'll try to be here at the time ^-^

My Kadaj cosplay is not yet finish and the only "machine à coudre" (I don't kow the english meanning dah -,-) I can have is, at my gramma house, the 2 and 3 August *_* ... *dead*

jusdepomme
07-27-2007, 11:26 AM
oh sorry! it will be on the saturday

Kaijugal
07-29-2007, 02:50 AM

Oh I don't know, any of the whopping 24 costumes you have listed in your profile, :p *tease* (not even including the one's made for your husband! ) I think you should bring your emerald loli so we'll match, becuase it amuses me.
XD

loupargent
07-30-2007, 12:42 AM
I should be there...hopefully I get to meet people to hang out with, 'cuz being alone is boring =/

I'll be Tseng. Hoping it won't be too hot, 'cuz there's nothing worse than being trapped in a business suit at 30°C +

trixyloupwolf
07-30-2007, 11:11 PM
I should be there...hopefully I get to meet people to hang out with, 'cuz being alone is boring =/

aww you never be alone the convention will be full of new friend ^^ montreal people are very friendly ^^ just say hi! and there you will have many friend just with hi! and a smile ^^

I'll be Tseng. Hoping it won't be too hot, 'cuz there's nothing worse than being trapped in a business suit at 30°C +

concordia have air conditioner ^^ yeah!

Oh I don't know, any of the whopping 24 costumes you have listed in your profile, (not even including the one's made for your husband! ) I think you should bring your emerald loli so we'll match, becuase it amuses me.
XD

agree green lolli ^^ yeah!

XKelpieX
07-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Oman, if I had money I;d go to Chinatown, but I was just there two days ago and blew all my non-con money.

Dahvie-Chan
07-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Lol XD I have a bad habit of spending money I should be saving

loupargent
08-01-2007, 02:19 AM
So yeah, as an update, I'll still be there, but I won't be Tseng. Working as fast as possible to find something to do in the 3 days I have left. Best idea I got so far is L from Death Note.

omnimon_5000
08-01-2007, 10:59 PM
This is my first time attending Otakuthon. Any pointers I should know about before this weekend? Like how big is this con, and stuff... I'm visiting Montreal for about a month, so I thought I'd check this out while I'm up here. I'm from Virginia and a frequent attendee of Anime USA, Katsucon, and Otakon, however this is my first con outside the US.

trixyloupwolf
08-02-2007, 12:03 AM
its a fun convention like really friendly ^^

its one of my best convention
ok dealer wwas smal last year but this year i think we have liek 30 or 37 dealers plus artist area ^^
aniem film animemovie live action

euh rpg
ddr room
gaming room
game to win price

and so much more
its like a big convention without the stress of too many people
or so
its just the best maskerade we had last years ^^

aww its a must see ^^

i love otakuthon a lot ^^

trixy

TomodachiFriend
08-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Don't expect a crowd of 40,000 but Otakuthon is a very fun and friendly con. It seems to be growing fast too. This is only the second edition!!!

trixyloupwolf
08-02-2007, 10:44 PM
yeah! its tomorow

for the pre- reg

yeah!!!!

see ya soon

trixy

Dahvie-Chan
08-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Yay, im headed into Montreal tomorrow evening and might be stopping by so I can register

Dahvie-Chan
08-02-2007, 11:56 PM
o, and im prolly cosplaying as L on sunday now that I dyed all my hair black

XKelpieX
08-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Dahvie, I hope to spot you during my panel! It's at ten on sunday^^ Yeah, early, I know, but I didn't have a choice in the matter.

Vicky Janelle
08-04-2007, 08:57 PM
I had a great time today at the Con, meeting my friends from AC3-Cubed
and other people. I'm still hugging my Leo plushie.

jusdepomme
08-05-2007, 09:48 PM
I had a great time too. It was so much fun even though I actually was too busy to go talk to everyone I wanted. I guess this is what might happens when you help and volonteer for a convention.

omnimon_5000
08-06-2007, 10:31 AM
I only went on Saturday (had to go elsewhere on Sunday). But, you guys were right, it was really friendly! For a con as small as it was, I had a great time.

I'm definitely coming back up next summer!

CardMaster
08-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Photo, Photo photo:P
http://cardmasterphoto.blogspot.com/

TomodachiFriend
08-06-2007, 06:20 PM
For more pictures: http://forums.otakuthon.com/viewtopic.php?t=1719

To request pictures: http://forums.otakuthon.com/viewtopic.php?t=1720

Dahvie-Chan
08-07-2007, 12:10 AM
baha, I came at the last 10 minutes of the Gackt Panel XD I got caught up playing Donky Conga game thing on gamecube XD XD

Pics of Otakuthon in my gallery

loki555
08-07-2007, 01:21 AM
I also had a great time but i couldnt have a picture wit Dawn wit me in my Neo Princess Pluto :( ;_; *cries*

Dahvie-Chan
08-08-2007, 11:17 PM
http://yaoifreakautumnchan.deviantart.com/journal/14080868/
my write up of my times at Otakuthon ^^

Riyunah
08-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Yarrr!
Fun Fun~!

I glomp Dahvie-chan~!!!! <3333

but actually I'm more busy wondering around (especially the dealer's alley) than taking pictures...lazy..lolzzzz

XKelpieX
08-20-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry I was late for my panel for those who did go. I appreciate that you stayed and waited twenty minutes for me.

jade_dragon
08-21-2007, 12:43 PM
arrgh I've lived in Montreal all my life and never knew about this con!, i need more mtl cosplay friends ;_;