PDA

View Full Version : Dance Dance Revolution, Anyone?

BleachedWiifey
03-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Im in LOVE with DDR. Last year, I didnt get a chance to hit the gaming room AT ALL. This year though, Im planning on speading 1/4 of my time there. The Youmacon 2007 website hasnt been posted up yet, so I dont know what kinds of programming that they're doing.

There should be a Dance Dance Revolution Competition, People come on!

Anyone planning on playing ddr in a silly outfit? =/

got ideas for ddr at the con?

ReiHari
03-16-2007, 08:43 PM
XDD I shall try in my mayaa costume (Big ol' cat thing) x33

and be prepared for LONG lines; there should be a limit of 1 or 2 songs per group in my opinion. right as it was my time after waiting 30 minutes, I had to hit the AMV contest D;

Bunny Chiba
03-17-2007, 01:24 PM
I would love to try this. Plus I think it would be kewl to see Sailor Moon at her best on this. hehehe.

Anyway, I'm only a beginner on this since I got it for Valentine's Day from my husband. But I'm working my way up the ranks. Should be really fun. ^_^

Kyora
03-17-2007, 05:15 PM
I'll probably be there for a bit of time at least. x3 I've played a few rounds in at Youma 2005 and 2006 so yeah... xP Although taking a look at th official site forums, I think they're getting the arcade DDR Supernova.

The Commodore
03-17-2007, 10:32 PM
there should be a limit of 1 or 2 songs per group in my opinion.

The traditional ammount is 3, but for Youma, where the lines for DDR were quite long, 2 sounds better. I think ITG was set on 3, but that also had shorter lines.

I hope they have In The Groove again this year.

ReiHari
03-18-2007, 06:25 PM
I'll probably be there for a bit of time at least. x3 I've played a few rounds in at Youma 2005 and 2006 so yeah... xP Although taking a look at th official site forums, I think they're getting the arcade DDR Supernova.

Last year they had DDR Supernova AND In the Groove, so there was much more variety :3 I'm sure they'll do that again, seeing as how big of a hit it was.

Though the people playing Naruto next to it were like hogging the line D:

Saaski_Moql
03-18-2007, 08:54 PM
I was working the last two years of Youma so I never saw the gamer's room. I'm hoping to this year though , and if I do I will definitely hit DDR (in whatever costume I'm wearing) XD

kira_elric
03-19-2007, 01:58 PM
For sure. I love DDR too, but I waited until the end of the con in 06 to play. I played alot in 05, and discovered playin in my movie Edward trench coat is HOT. Omg the heat almost killed me. But of course I'll play in a "silly outift" I'm in cosplay the entire con.

Kyora
03-22-2007, 01:23 AM
I was working the last two years of Youma so I never saw the gamer's room. I'm hoping to this year though , and if I do I will definitely hit DDR (in whatever costume I'm wearing) XD

Ah hmm... I guess I'll have to see if I can DDR in high heels or not... xD Should be an interesting experience...

The Commodore
04-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Maybe Friday night my friend Kim and I will go in the game room in dancin' clothes and pwn some ITG. Wait until you guys see her play, she's awsome! I don't want to play in my cosplays because when you are a HxC dancing game player like me, you sweat quite a bit.

SillyLilNeko
04-19-2007, 01:40 PM
I might be doing DDR, on a 10 step in a skimpy outfit. xDD

Foxchick
05-10-2007, 03:08 PM
:rockon: <--Booyaka!

*mentally views L playing DDR* :crylaugh:

thefemalemiroku
05-18-2007, 04:30 PM
it was definetly fun trying to do it as miroku last year in sandals, got to say didn't do that bad though. i'm sure i'll pick an interesting costume to play in again though.

ChibiInuBaka
05-18-2007, 04:53 PM
I tried to play last year at AX but the coin system is apparently unknown there, so i got cut like 50 times, so eventually i gave up and left...but I will play this time!! >.<
XD I'll be a dancing Raito/Kiba/Ritsuka..depending on which day i play

KarasaurusRexxx
05-19-2007, 01:32 PM
I'l be doing DDR as either Orihime, Mello (LMAO) or Allen Walker...wow, funny thoughts. xD

SillyLilNeko
05-21-2007, 09:43 AM
I am going to rock. There better be the In The Groove Machine. It's much harder. And now I can do 10 step songs. So this will be really fun. ;D

pot-pourri
06-03-2007, 06:01 PM
I got 2nd place in the DDR tourny last year. :skidude2:

But, a lot of expert players didn't join (it was mostly standard, lower-heavy players that did), so I didn't give myself much credit for it. XD

Shiroake
06-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Definately will try X3 I'll bring some special shoes to DDR in so I don't have to hurt my cosplay shoes..whatever they may be >_>