PDA

View Full Version : Capture the Moogle?

samt03
03-17-2007, 12:15 AM
DLGR’s rules are below, edited for this version of the game.

Hiiiiiiiiiiii! Remember this fun game at Otakon? Well, it's the same game, but, with a Moogle... XD;;;!!

Same rules apply, yay for copy/paste! ((Yes I'll attempt to make more simplified rules soon. XP!!!)):

Final Fantasy/KINGDOM HEARTS ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS CHALLENGE!!!!! If you are cosplaying any character that was in any of the games, you are allowed to play!!!

(This time it’s open to nearly all Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts cosplayers)

RULES:

1- I will start off with the Moogle. First one to come up to me in their KH/FF garb gets the Moogle. DON'T FORGET TO SIGN IT! XD! I will be in Artist Alley as soon as I get my badge dressed as one form of Sora, so just look for a Sora with a moogle.

2- Every winner must sign their character/C.Com name on the Moogle. Also please put what game you’re from AKA if your Cloud I wanna know Cloud from where (KH, FFVII, or FF:AC)
2B- DON'T BE OBNOXIOUS WITH YOUR SIGNATURE! Leave enough room for hundreds of people to sign. Thanks.

3- If you are dressed as anyone from KH/FF, challenge the one holding the Moogle. If you win, take it, sign it. If you lose, you must wait until someone else has challenged that person before you can challenge them again.

4- If you win again, don't sign again. Just walk around proud that you have the Moogle!

5- Contest will end on Sunday. Please meet in Artist Alley by 11:30AM. THATS THE TIME IT WILL END! I'll be around to watch the final battle, but when time is up, time is up! No 'quickie' games or anything. Whoever has it at that time has won.
5b- Please do NOT hide the Moogle till the time the game will end on Sunday. Please be in or around Artist Alley before hand so people can have a chance to play if they've been waiting to.
5c-Do not steal the Moogle, as cute as it is, the prizes are worth more (and if you really want one I can see about working something out with you) Trust me I will recognize my Moogle if you try to steal it and I WILL take it back.

6- Trade the Moogle in for a bag of KH and FF goodies made by me and Chryssta, candy, food, and the like. heh!! Yes, the prize will be different this time. XD! (yes the items will be from several different Final Fantasy’s and Kingdom Hearts)

7- Again, ONLY KINGDOM HEARTS/FINAL FANTASY RELATED CHARACTERS CAN PLAY!! NO OUTSIDE ANIME CHARACTERS!! I don't want to see a Naruto running around with it, ok? If you want to have a similar game, create your own!!!

7B- Also, AGAIN, NO DISENY CHARACTERS OR OUTSIDE GAME/ANIME CHARACTERS ARE ALLOWED TO PLAY! If you want to play a similar game, no ones stopping you from creating your own game now, is there? XD!!!

7C- I know it may seem unfair, but any forms of Soras, Rikus, and Kairis ARE ALLOWED to play. Why? They're ORIGINAL CHARACTERS to the Kingdom Hearts game. But this is also as long as you guys make it obvious that you are cosplaying a different version of the three. For instance, if you're doing some weird thing with Sora, please have his trademark hair. ^^;
Major edit to DLGR/Evenstar1’s rule: if your doing a different version of ANY FF/KH character make sure we can tell who you are. Disney characters must be in the costumes they appear in, in Kingdom Hearts.

7D- YES! AGAIN! You MUST be in a Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy Related Costume while you play. If you have another costume you have to get into, you MUST find another Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy cosplayer, explain the rules, and play it with them. If they win, give it to them, and the next time you're in your KH/FF outfit, try to get it back!! XD! If they lose, find another KH/FF cosplayer. If you doubt you have the power to do this, or you don't have time to do this before you need to be in your other costume, DO NOT PLAY!!!! (in the event it’s an emergency and you can’t find someone to give it to find myself, Chryssta, or Littledevil)

Or at least, just wait until you're going to be in your KH/FF outfit for a very long, long time. XPP!! It's the point of the game, guys. It's not supposed to be extremely easy. You're going to win some and lose some. If you're adamant of winning, then you'll have to sacrifice a bit. Otherwise, just play when you can, and hope you'll win. Or...something. XD;;;;;;;!!! hahaha!!

7E-This is open to ANY Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts cosplayers, meaning yes if your doing Kadaj you can play (with the exception of Final Fantasy 11). I’m sorry but if you’re cosplaying FFXI you may not play this game. (if there are any questions why feel free to ask me via here or PM)

8- In the event the Moogle is damaged in some way find ether myself, Chryssta, or Littledevil. We’ll have everything to fix it in our hotel room. We should be able to fix it quickly and hand it back to you.

9-Do NOT take the Moogle into the Rave. If you’re going pass it off to someone else then go. I don’t want it damaged in there.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

WARNINGS!:

A- DO-NOT-PLAY-IF-YOU-PLAN-ON-LEAVING-BEFORE-THE-GAME-ENDS!!! If you play, you must be prepared to win every game that comes at you and you'll have to return the Moogle to me at 11:30AM on Sunday! Check out is at noon, so you'll be fine, ok? Please be fair, folks!!

B- ALSO!: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Do not play if you do not plan on agreeing to take full responsibility of taking it back to your room when the "con" closes and then right back when the "con" re-opens. I.E., you can't take it back to your room at like 9PM and then wake up at noon the next day to bring it back. It must be in full play throughout all of AMA's open hours. Make sense? You must be fair so that everyone has the chance to take it! So if you're not a night owl/morning person, don't play. You CAN hang out in the lobby past those hours if you want, that's not a problem, but you best make sure it's back in play when AMA "re-opens" the following day.

Bb- DO NOT TAKE THE MOOGLE OUTSIDE OF THE CONVENTION CENTER/ MARRIOTT!! The Moogle is to stay in FULL PLAY AT ALL TIMES!

Final warning: Don't piss us off. Do not take the Moogle and run off with it and hoarde it in your room. I will find out where it is, and I will take it back from you. The con is not THAT big. Do not doubt it. It must stay in play the entire weekend. If you get tired of it, explain the game to a KH or FF cosplayer and see if they'll play with you to take it off your hands. Obviously, there will be lots. Again, don't play if you're not willing to follow the rules. If you have other stuff you'd rather do, do that instead. Leave the game to the people that actually want to play.

I'm seriously expecting like a hoarde of people fighting for it on Sunday. And if that's the only day you'll have time to devote to playing, then that's when you should play. Please be fair to everyone else.

Have fun!!! XD! Can't wait to see you all there!! Comment if you're interested. XD!

kyocs
03-17-2007, 05:42 AM
sounds fun, i am up for it. but i though FF12 already killed enough of moogles i wonder if there still some left + _ +

penelo : zomg, vaan, how come my MP always 0.
vaan: i dunno, but i am silenced the whole time, and i wonder why.
(god just killed another moogle)

samt03
03-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Well this isn't killing, this is a catch and release program.

(I'll put up the rules as soon as I'm done editing them...{or rather chryssta is done checking my edits})

Chryssta
03-17-2007, 10:47 PM
*stands up and waves* Hi, my name is Chryssta and I've been addicted to anime for three years now... er, wait a sec... *shuffles cards* ...wrong card...

Hihi peoples!! I'll have the rules beta'd soon enough for Sam to load in the first post.

Lumasnati
03-18-2007, 05:55 AM
Since this is a copy of the Capture the Munny and Capture the Kingdom Hearts/Capture the Paopu, did you ask DLGR if we could do it? ^^;;

samt03
03-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Yep, and she said it was fine, she also sent me a copy of the rules to edit. (in the rules for the acual game it says that if you want to do a version if it that it's fine do to it)

PM Below:
lol! I think it's really funny that people ask me this question. ^^!

It's actually not either of our game. The first time I saw this game in play was at Otakon 2005 and some guy had One Piece cosplayers steal a Barrel and Naruto cosplayers steal a Pirates chest.

It's really not just one person's idea. No one knows where the game came from, so we've all just started our own game. So, to answer your question, yes. Yes you can. hahaha! ^^

-DLGR

Would you mind if Chryssta and I did a version of the "Capture the...." game at Anime MidAtlantic?

laamberry
03-19-2007, 10:48 PM
i'm game ^__~ in fact, i'll bring axel JUST FOR THIS!

Lumasnati
03-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Sure. I'll play. I'll be either Roxas or Riku. Probably Roxas. I may not wear Riku to AMA. XD

samt03
03-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Rules are up, if I missed anything let me know, Chryssta didn't get a chance to beta them.

Malaki
03-24-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm considering making my own game...only rules are that you have to capture ME!
=D

samt03
03-28-2007, 01:14 AM
...I would almost be scared where people would sign at...

I wanna see at least Advent Children cosplayers with the moogle at some point... Any FF people out there????

Malaki
03-28-2007, 02:17 AM
Oddly enough...I would be scared as well. O.o

Lumasnati
03-28-2007, 06:43 AM
Then make a rule. If you're going to be immature when you sign it, don't bother playing. I mean... Seriously. If people plan on signing it in it's crotch, then they can just hand it over to someone else. ^^;;

Kaoshima
03-28-2007, 03:22 PM
what if the crotch is the only place left? o_O what then?

Lumasnati
03-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Then find somewhere else or don't sign it. XDD

And AMA isn't THAT big on cosplay... So I DOUBT there will be that many people to sign it... XDD

samt03
03-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Really big signatures? Or really big game names?

...I can see it now... a Sora signing "Kingdom Hearts Two Final Mix Plus Re: Chain of Memories" or a Kadaj writing out something like this: Kadaj, brother to Sephiroth, Final Fantasy Seven: Advent Children

(Please no one do this, think of the Moogle)

cosplayluver
03-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Hii all!
I sooo wanna play this!
Ill be cloud except in female version from FF;AC.(Only thing going to be different is insted of pant it will have a skirt.)

samt03
03-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Hii all!
I sooo wanna play this!
Ill be cloud except in female version from FF;AC.(Only thing going to be different is insted of pant it will have a skirt.)

OMG AC! YAY! I was starting to worry it would just be us KH peoples...

samt03
04-10-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm bumping this to see if we can get any more FF people...

Oh yeah would you guys like to see a picture of the moogle when it's done?

I.N.K.
04-11-2007, 03:47 PM
I: My friends and I were thinking of doing the same thing, except with a Pikachu and all anime characters (so that way other people who want to play can). Do you think it would be okay with DLGR and you two if we did? We read the stuff, but wanted to make sure so as not to offend...

Also, my friends and I were thinking of doing Hobo Organization XIII people for fun, and I know it said any versions so...just to make sure would that be okay too?

Lumasnati
04-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Hobo... Organization 13 members? Isn't that kinda... mean? I mean. When she said "Versions"... She meant ones that have appeared in either games or movies... Not made up characters or partially made-up characters...

-thinks of Hobo Axel and whimpers- My bishie....

samt03
04-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Versions as going by Evenstar1 and DLGRs rules, such as throwing myself and Chryssta into Kimono's as Sora and Riku is fine as long as the TM hair, necklace and stuff that makes them Sora and Riku is there. (I asked Evenstar this for Otakon). (same goes for the School boy Sora/Riku cosplayers you see)

I.N.K.- Doing the Pikachu is fine with me, I'm sure DLGR and Evenstar wouldn't mind ether, I put DLGR's response to my question on the first page.
Now what would your Hobo ORGy look like? Would everyone still have their hair in the style it should be in? Would Axel still have his thingies under his eyes? Saix still have his scar? Things like that?

I.N.K.
04-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Versions as going by Evenstar1 and DLGRs rules, such as throwing myself and Chryssta into Kimono's as Sora and Riku is fine as long as the TM hair, necklace and stuff that makes them Sora and Riku is there. (I asked Evenstar this for Otakon). (same goes for the School boy Sora/Riku cosplayers you see)

I.N.K.- Doing the Pikachu is fine with me, I'm sure DLGR and Evenstar wouldn't mind ether, I put DLGR's response to my question on the first page.
Now what would your Hobo ORGy look like? Would everyone still have their hair in the style it should be in? Would Axel still have his thingies under his eyes? Saix still have his scar? Things like that?

I: Yeah, we were gonna put some thought and consideration to it, we weren't just gonna wear our old worn-out pajamas and call ourselves part of the Organization. Wigs, necklaces, face markings, the works, except no coats and hobo garb instead. Possibly a broken keyblade for Roxas...We're still not sure if it's gonna happen, but just in case we do, we wanted to know if we could play.

AkuseruRokusesu-Sorry, it's just a fun idea we were throwing around. Like I said it might not happen...The idea of Axel holding a sign saying, 'Organization XIII is gone, homeless," still brings a smile to my face.

Lumasnati
04-11-2007, 05:57 PM
That actually makes me giggle. XD

samt03
04-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Yeah you guys are fine then, the rules pretty much say as long as we can tell who you are.

I totally wanna see you guys now btw. And I would really have to give Axel a hug if he had that sign and looked sad and stuff.

I.N.K.
04-11-2007, 07:53 PM
I: Okay. ^^

Don't get too excited, we're still discussing it and we wouldn't want you to get your hopes up and we smash 'em down so...

K: We have another person in our "three-some" [The N in I.N.K.] and she doesn't own the right video game systems to play these wonderful games. She just knows about it through us. So we must consult her.

Kaoshima
04-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Three people using one account? o_O reminds me of that bonus ep. of .hack//SIGN... but I digress, I'd totally join if I were cosplaying KH/FF but unfortunately I'm not, so have fun! XD

cosplayluver
04-14-2007, 11:21 PM
OMG AC! YAY! I was starting to worry it would just be us KH peoples...

^^
Im glad...thank goddess that I can still participate even though ill be a female version...

But I warn you now...Its my first time making my own cosplay and Im not sure how things are going to turn out...:)

Chryssta
04-15-2007, 11:47 PM
I can't wait for AMA now... *Really wants to see the hobo Axel now*

samt03
04-16-2007, 04:04 PM
^^
Im glad...thank goddess that I can still participate even though ill be a female version...

But I warn you now...Its my first time making my own cosplay and Im not sure how things are going to turn out...:)

If you find any more FF people let them know they can play this. I'm crossing my fingers we get a Kadaj or Sephiroth playing...

Nitro
04-17-2007, 02:03 AM
If I can get Vivi done in time for AMA, I may attempt to participate in this!

anything with ROCK PAPER SCISSORS CHALLENGE on it grabs my attention D:

cosplayluver
04-19-2007, 08:13 PM
If you find any more FF people let them know they can play this. I'm crossing my fingers we get a Kadaj or Sephiroth playing...

Im going in a group that me and a few friends created...Its all final Fantasy:AC
Our group right now consists of
-2 Tifas (Female Form)
-Vincent(Female Form)
-Cloud( Female Form)
-Reno(Female Form)
-Yuffie(Male Form)
-Maybe a Kadaj...hes not sure yet ...He wants to go as a female character...
-Rude...got his name wrong please correct me...

and thats all for now...And we all will be wanting the moogle so yea...But I have three bodyguards can ya guess who they are?

samt03
04-22-2007, 08:47 PM
cosplayluver-If he goes at Kadaj I have to get his picture.

cosplayluver
04-23-2007, 03:27 PM
cosplayluver-If he goes at Kadaj I have to get his picture.

Ill ask him...^^
Or ill hunt one down for you! Either way..^^

samt03
05-22-2007, 12:20 AM
Guys what kind of prizes would you want to see for this? We're working on a few, but I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions for a few more.

samt03
06-09-2007, 03:02 AM
*pokes for bump*

Lumasnati
06-09-2007, 06:28 AM
KONPEITO!! :3 And... -thinks- Some sort of KH or FF themed smaller prize...

samt03
06-12-2007, 11:00 PM
KONPEITO!! :3 And... -thinks- Some sort of KH or FF themed smaller prize...

Hmmm I'll try and find that Thursday when I go prize shopping...

Oh yeah I can now say what I'll be in to start this off... look for a KH1 Sora with a KH1 Kairi with the moogle, just come up to us and challenge Kairi for it.