PDA

View Full Version : ParaCon Anime Festival

JigokuSchuldich
08-19-2002, 06:29 PM
Hi! I'm wondering if any cosplayers is going to ParaCon, in Great America? It's in September 22nd, on Sunday. I'm trying to help my friend to get more cosplayers to attend to this convention! Here's the website if any of you is interested ^_^.

http://www.pgathrills.com/events.jsp

If you pre-register now, you get a t-shirt and a cool badge! =^o^=.

Oh yeah, I'm gonna be there! I'll be going as Youji Kudou from Weiss Kreuz ^_^ yaaay!

Babbit_Chan
08-19-2002, 09:58 PM
I *wanna* go but I'm not sure yet ^^;; *drags Uka-chan with her*

JigokuSchuldich
08-19-2002, 11:53 PM
Ya still have a month ^o^. I hope my parents doesn't change their minds though o.o

Michi
08-20-2002, 02:47 AM
It's so local and close that I WANT to go.. but I'm gonna be in Colorado for Nan Desu Kan.

JigokuSchuldich
08-20-2002, 03:07 AM
Oooh yeah, Nan desu kan is on the 20-22nd right? Well, have fun over there Michi! And take lotsa pretty pictures for us! =^o^= What are you planning to go as at N.D.K? ;D

Michi
08-20-2002, 08:48 AM
I hope the Metreon does that anime fest again.. that was sooo much fun... I went there last year instead of ParaCon. :thumbsup: Hopefully next year it won't fall on the same day as something else I've already planned. :cheers:

Mm, I'll be Kuja from FF9 *points at avatar*, Morrigan from Darkstalkers, Mai from KOF, and Irvine from FF8... some other stuff. ^^

Aoshi Shinomori
08-21-2002, 03:58 AM
Yeah i was at the Metreon festival last year.. I might go check out Paracon this year..

Babbit_Chan
08-21-2002, 02:40 PM
IS the Metreon having another anime festival? I heard about it *after* it took place T-T

Michi
08-21-2002, 06:23 PM
I hope it is! It was lots of fun since it was just local cosplayers and friends, y'know? It was laid back to where I actually wanted to participate in the cosplay contest and watch anime (s'where I saw Galaxy Angel ^^)... But I do think going to a restaurant in Kuja was one of the funnier parts. XD I'll be very sad if it doesn't happen again.. of course there's Animagic and YaoiCon in October already. ^_^;; mew..

JigokuSchuldich
08-21-2002, 09:11 PM
Yeah! FF costumes!! Take plenty picture of urself too Michi!!! >D

I couldn't find any information about the Metreon con. Don't they have their website?

I wished I was going to Yaoi con ;_; *sniff* (have 1 more year till be able to go to yaoicon* ^___^. Animagic is a bit far from me o.o. But my friend's are going, and I wanna come aloooong ;___;

Michi
09-06-2002, 11:24 PM
Ah crap. I might not go to NDK now. So.. then I'll go to ParaCon. I'll know for sure in like two days. *cry*

JigokuSchuldich
09-07-2002, 12:06 AM
AWWWWW!!!! *pats michi* I feel so sorry for you ;_;. I hope whatever comes out in those days will make you feel happy ^_^. *hands kasugi brand candies to cheer up*

Babbit_Chan
09-16-2002, 11:36 AM
Paracon next weekend XDDDD *dons (sp?) her new fuku* Bwahahahah!

Aoshi Shinomori
09-16-2002, 04:51 PM
well im guessing i am going.. so who will be cosplaying as who?

Babbit_Chan
09-16-2002, 06:45 PM
Heh, if I do go it's Kaoru Kozue for me ^_~

Michi
09-16-2002, 08:40 PM
I have NO idea what I'll be wearing. But I intend to go. @_@

JigokuSchuldich
09-16-2002, 11:15 PM
I'm guessing I'm going Youji Kudou ^_^. I'm gonna have me lots of Omis!

Babbit_Chan
09-17-2002, 09:39 AM
Hee hee let me come with you! I want Omis too XD

JigokuSchuldich
09-17-2002, 09:55 PM
Yaaaay! ^o^ We can go on a Omi hunting spree >D. The season's riiiiight around the corner lmao ^_^.

You coming? Who you're going as Babbit-chan?

Babbit_Chan
09-18-2002, 09:01 AM
I hope so - if I do I'm in the Ohtori seifuku ^0^ D'you the Omis are ripe about this time? >D

Aoshi Shinomori
09-18-2002, 05:08 PM
I'll go as Kazuya and ill have Chii with me hopefully

JigokuSchuldich
09-18-2002, 09:52 PM
Aoshi Sinomori==>Wtf....is that you Vilay???? o____0

Babbit chann==cool! maybe a Wakaba eh? Hmmm, season might be a bit too early for Omi picking, but still gooood ^_^.

Aoshi Shinomori
09-19-2002, 01:30 PM
LOL yeah thats me silly.. long time no see. but i guess ill see u this Sunday

JigokuSchuldich
09-21-2002, 01:43 AM
yeeeeeah >_>. I'll see you there too! ^o^. Did elysia confirmed that she definitly got the day off on sunday?

Eurobeat King
09-21-2002, 04:00 AM
It looks like I'll be making it to Paracon also, so in a sense Cosplay.com staff will be there to take pictures for the site. :) I'm not sure if I'll be wearing costumes, due to the heat, as even Shinji would be a little too warm, and Pen-Pen would prolly melllt. ^_^;; So if I'm not in costume, look for me wearing either my Initial D T-shirt or my Cosplay.Com T-shirt. :) I'll be there from the morning until it ends, so hope to see you all there! CIAO!

Aoshi Shinomori
09-21-2002, 04:47 AM
dude she didnt get the day off :/ so i hope we can still go. what time would we need to arrive there.. i hear at 8 30. i want to wear some of my costumes, but we are going to go as characters from Chobits.. Hideki and Chii.. well give me the 411 on whats up ok.. if u can , u can email me ok.

Babbit_Chan
09-21-2002, 10:01 AM
Dude... I can't go since I have to help pack for when we move ;_; *SOB*

Kenshin Ken
09-21-2002, 12:38 PM
About the Metreon ANime fest... gaah it sucks now... the original store is no longer where it used to be... alotta things have changed, and ownership of the store has shifted to the Microsoft sroe owner...which practically eatys up the entire store front ^^;;

I hope the Metreon anime fest happens again though.... they were able to pull off a Escaflowne movie event a few months ago.

Babbit_Chan
09-21-2002, 02:56 PM
Yes, when I went to visit the store last, it changed a lot ~_~;;*hisss*

JigokuSchuldich
09-21-2002, 06:30 PM
Aoishi==>Awww, i really hope she comes ;_;. Umm, yeah, we're suppose to meet at the gate at 8:30 a.m, at the ticket booth. I'm gonna try to get there earlier to see if the people get there at the right spot. Yeah, I wanna do some gravi costumes, but there's no place to put my clothes, and it's gonna be hooooot @_@. Con ends at 8:00 p.m. ^_^. So, it's much later than last year. You guys should get your pictures taken on one of those thing that take pictures when you're on a ride ^o^.

Eurobeat==> Ahh! You must be that shinji I saw taking pictures of people at cons eh? ^_^. Hope to see you there too ^_^.

Babbit==>AWWWW!!! *hugs* babbit-chan. Zannen desu neee ;_;. When you're moving? To where?

Kenshin==>Weren't there some kind of problem with their website? Last time I checked, they didn't mentioned about metreon o.o.

Babbit_Chan
09-21-2002, 08:58 PM
Moving to Walnut Creek within the week, Jigoku-san ^^

Aoshi Shinomori
09-22-2002, 01:35 AM
oh hey i guess we are going then.. im going to sleep cuz we have to get there by 8 30 right? I hope to see u there at the gate? do we have to pay for parking? well hope to se u soon.

Michi
09-22-2002, 01:38 AM
I heard that the Metreon Festival is happening on the 12th of October, I think.

I'm still deciding about ParaCon, I don't think I'll go. I won't be cosplaying if I do.

Babbit_Chan
09-22-2002, 02:01 AM
Really? I'll look into it, Michi ^_^ Maybe I'll go with my sister and her boyfriend..

ChenCzen
09-22-2002, 02:09 AM
my costume wont be ready in time for that... by the time it is ready the first con ill be able to wear it to will be ones in june and july... weak...

Babbit_Chan
09-22-2002, 02:44 AM
Ah well you could always go out of costume, Chen :)

Michi
09-22-2002, 10:23 AM
Everyone have fun! I'm just really not in the mood to go out today anyways. ^^; I've had a rough weekend. I look forward to Animagic, the Metreon Festival, and YaoiCon though! ^_^!

JigokuSchuldich
09-23-2002, 12:38 AM
YEAAAH! Yaoicon starts around September right??? I'll be 18 by then!!!!! ^o^!!!!!!WHEEE!!!!!

Came back from Paracon....soooooo F***ing tiiiirreeed >_>. my feet hurts....o_0

My friends are also going to Ani-Magic? Maybe you'll run into them? ^_^

Aoshi Shinomori
09-23-2002, 01:58 AM
Hey I'm tired too.. I had to wake up at 6 to get there by 8 30am.. well i had fun.. but.. i still want a T-shirt.

Michi
09-23-2002, 03:32 AM
YaoiCon's in October this year, so it'll probably be around Sept/Oct next year. ^^

Aaaaand it's hard NOT to run into, and see everyone that attends Animagic. XD It's very open, and not too big. I luurrrrve it.

Heh. Maybe I'll make NEXT year's ParaCon. *collapse* I'm looking more forward to the Metreon Anime Fest...

JigokuSchuldich
09-23-2002, 08:26 PM
Hey, I"M TIRED TOO >_>. Still tired. Umm...i dunno how many shirts David jacked off, but he was wearing the yu-gi-oh t-shirt today at school o_0.

Aoshi Shinomori
09-24-2002, 02:48 AM
I want a T-shirt!!.. i drove there to get a t-shirt.. heh ow my legs are killing me.. but i had lots of fun.. im lucky i didnt confront that scary lady.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
10-07-2002, 08:39 PM
Well, if you guys with a Yaoi Con Volunteer badge, that will be me. BTW, here is how I look like for those attending The Metreon Anime Festival and Yaoi-Con:
http://www.geocities.com/ikarishinjieva01/biography.html
be afraid, be very afraid!

and yeah I get to volunteer for the 1st time! if it goes well, i'm planning to volunteer for fanime also! ^_^