View Full Version : Awa9

Pages : [1] 2 3

CozmicRio
04-11-2003, 08:37 PM
Anybody Attending Anime weekend Atlanta 9?:cool:

scandia
04-12-2003, 06:36 AM
I am! I am!

And AWA NEEDS its own forum. It is a huge convention, much bigger than some of the ones that have forums.

Maryssa
04-12-2003, 09:12 AM
it's not really all that huge... and a lot of people really dislike it ^^;

CozmicRio
04-12-2003, 11:15 AM
I like it!! And it does need it own form just because its a con! I

was disapointed when they didn't have one. Are you gonna

cosplay?

Hikaruchan
04-12-2003, 01:56 PM
I don't think AWA has its own forum as it doesn't get much postings about it. If more posters here talked about it to where the others forum got cluttered with its traffic they might think about it - but right now DragonCon has gotten way more talk then the other Atlanta con AWA.

scandia
04-12-2003, 02:08 PM
I know it is smaller than DragonCon and AX/Otakon/A-kon/Anime Central; but it is still the largest convention in Dixieland, as well as the largest con I have ever attended.

I do like it personally. But some of my friends had complaints from AWA8 last year. Mainly about the cosplay contest. I got dehydrated and they did not have water available at the moment- someone had to go fetch it for me. But it was mainly about the cosplay judging.
I had a lot of fun otherwise and loved the manga panel, AMV showings, the kick-arse dealers' room, and seeing my friends.

Ihrie
04-12-2003, 04:47 PM
I'm going to be going to AWA this year. I went the past two years, and despite the flaws.......I still managed to have fun. Plus, word going around is, since they're going to have a new convention center, they might not have that ridiculous weapons policy to where you're not allowed a cardboard Ukyo pizza flipper thing, but you ARE allowed a foam head ona the end of a wooden sword....

Carmila
04-14-2003, 03:59 PM
Actually, Ihrie, you were allowed to have neither the pizza flipper or the foam head on the wooden sword. There was a zero weapons policy at the GICC except for those in the Fashion show and judgeing. However, all of that is going to change this year. You are allowed prop weapons in the hotel, however, they are not allowed into the Galleria specialty mall and the Galleria conference center.

As for myself, I have been to all but 2 AWAs. They are getting better with age I have to admit. Plus, I will be going this year as well!

scandia
04-14-2003, 04:10 PM
I just pre-registered and made my hotel reservations today :)

CozmicRio
04-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Cool, are you gonna cosplay?

CozmicRio
04-14-2003, 06:37 PM
I'll be Rio From Burn Up W or Dark Chii, look for me!!

scandia
04-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Friday- Nadeshiko Kinomoto from CCS
Saturday- Eternal Emeraude from MKR
Sunday- I am debating on whether to bring my Kotori costume and go for a couple hours, or simply if to go home early. Don't have class the next day but may have work, or things due.

Carmila
04-15-2003, 07:06 AM
I have no idea what I am doing this year. Depends on if I go staff or not. However, I do need to book my hotel room. Seems like such a shame since I don't live that far away....Oh well!

I know for a fact that I will be cosplaying Carmila. I have worked too hard on this darn thing to not bring her!

CozmicRio
04-15-2003, 07:30 AM
ya, I don't live to far from the Con this year but I want to stay in

a hotel room anyways. Well hope to see you all there!!

yayahan
04-15-2003, 10:48 AM
Since I live in town, I'll be there again this year. Probably Saturday only. See you guys!

Nightmare
04-17-2003, 12:57 AM
You guys will see me there. I live in Huntsville, so its not that long of a drive for me. You'll see me with a big weapon. And about the weapons policy, from what one of the directors told me, that you are able to bring weapons with a few rules.

1. Just don't swing it around or especially at someone.
2. You can't just have one, it must go with some type of costume.
3. The only place that weapons are not allowed is the dealers room, possibly the art room.(Might accidently knock something over.

Carmila
04-17-2003, 12:41 PM
Just check it out on the AWA forum. There is a thread buried somewhere in there about the new weapons policy. I just can't think of where it is right off the top of my head!

Ok, I am definately going now. My hotel is booked and everything!

Yuna Kitty
04-17-2003, 12:48 PM
I'm sure myself and V will be there...as what, god only knows, but it will be fun, I'm sure.

scandia
04-17-2003, 02:48 PM
I just got my registration packet. Here are the weapons rules:

1) No weapons unless you are wearing a costume. If you buy one, lock it up in your room or car.

2) You can have your weapon as part of your costume, but you cannot use it. Do NOT point it at anyone. No horseplay.

Nightmare
04-18-2003, 01:36 PM
I still need to book my hotel. Or at least et my dad to do it(Gold member of everything imaginable). So i'll have to do that when he gets back in town. See you guys there. I'll be with a very mismatched group from different games. :P

Carmila
04-18-2003, 04:00 PM
The best rate even if you are part of Marriot rewards is the Con rate. I tried both ways, and that was the best way to go about doing it.

Nightmare
04-19-2003, 12:08 AM
I know, but last year at the con, my dad was able to get us an even cheaper price at the Holiday Inn across the street. He was a platinum member there also. So I'll see if he'll be able to get me an even betterprice.

scandia
04-19-2003, 06:22 AM
I am staying at the nearby Days Inn. Two nights in it will cost me less than half of what it would cost me at the official hotel for one night. Plus it has continental breakfast included.

Nightmare
04-20-2003, 04:18 PM
I would do that, but the prop that I am bringing is going to be big and heavy, 6' about 30-40 lbs. So the less walking that I have to do, the better.

Schu
04-20-2003, 11:02 PM
I'll be there. prolly not very happy tho. Look for me in teh artists alley with some cute girls ;)

Nightmare
04-21-2003, 12:24 AM
Hey Schu, guess who this is. It's Drew #13. Guess I'll see you there if I don't see you before.

Carmila
04-21-2003, 09:07 AM
Last year we stayed at the Microtel down the "back street". For what my friends and I paid for two nights was less than a single night at any of the local hotels. Only $35 a night plus continental breakfast! I love Microtel. Everyone you stay in, the rooms are exactly the same and they are all nice and clean!

This will be the first time I have ever stayed in the Con hotel. Mostly because some of the costumes I am bringing are so elaborate that I don't want to have to walk/drive too far in them!

PretearWink
04-21-2003, 10:06 AM
There were some problems aith AWA in the past, but I still managed to have a lot of fun^_^ Plus, the CLAMP ball seems like it's going to be a great hit^_^ The only costume I know I'm wearing is my 'Evil Emeraude' costume^_^

As for hotels...I gotta start making reservations for my cons, I always put it off o.o I work at the Ritz so any Marriot or subsidiary of Marriot hotels is only 50 bucks a night ^____^

scandia
04-21-2003, 10:14 AM
OMG another Emeraude. And just before I logged in I was thinking of how to make the Fighting Emeraude (I refuse to call her or anyone in MKR evil) costume (not for AWA, certainly for next year). There was a potential other one at the AWA message board.

That's it. I'll be Nadeshiko at the ball (if I go- not a night person). I look more like Nadeshiko anyway, and that costume looks great on me. I'll still be Eternal Emeraude on Saturday though.

I've stayed at con hotels for Shoujocon (out of state and I did not have my car), JACON (a bit of a stretch since the con was not held at the hotel), and AFO3 last year (I am still not sure if I am staying at the hotel or just commuting, nor for how many nights).

Nightmare
04-23-2003, 01:27 AM
I probably won't go to the ball thing this year. My friends and I waited 2 hours to get in, and when we finally got up there, they wouldn't let us in because my friend wasn't wearing the right type of shoes. And the thing that got on our nerves was that people came by twenty times pulling people out of the line that wouldn't be allowed to get in.

I am making reservations come tomorrow or the next day, I still need to know how many people are going to be in my group so I can get rooms for them.

deedee
04-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Ooh! I finished my Nadeshiko costume last week! :) I'll be on the lookout for you at the ball, Scandia! It would be so much fun to have our pictures taken together since we're both the same thing! :)

Does your costume have a halo? Mine does! I though it was too cute to leave it out. :)

See you at the ball twinny! :)

PretearWink
04-23-2003, 05:44 PM
Are you referring to the ball at AWA last year? The Final Fantasy Ball? I don't know who told you you couldn't come in because you weren't wearing the right shoes, but it certainly wasn't our staff^_^ Now, the two hour wait thing was not our fault, AWA gave us a very small ballroom and told us we would be lucky if even 100 people showed up for the ball....and then they came and got us out of rehearsel a half-an-hour early because the entire second floor was mobbed. ^^;;; We had to wait about 2 -3 hours until the DDR tournament was over so we could take down the walls. Though, due to conflicts between our staff and the AWA staff, we've moved the Final Fantasy Ball to Metrocon and have a very, very large ballroom this year^_^ Also, I'm sure due to AWA's past experience by the interest in specialty balls, they will be sure to make adequate arrangements this year for the kind of crowd that will come^_^ Ciddy, the guy who's running the ball, is a very intelligent and responsible person, and I'm sure he's put on a fabulous ball and learned from last years mistakes^_^ So, please don't avoid the CLAMP ball because of past experience. It was our first ball and their's, but now a lot of things should be taken care of on their part^_^

As for the not wearing the right shoes thing.... Lord only knows who told you that, it wasn't the FF staff, it must have been the AWA staff, so don't blame the ball for that injustice^_^

Nightmare
04-24-2003, 01:36 PM
I don't want to say anything bad about the people that were running it, I'm sure that about 90% of the stuff that went wrong for the first year was not their fault. I might decide to go this year to the CLAMP ball, but it totally depends on the friends I am going with andwhat other events are taking place at that time{(such as a gamng tournament)(I like to play games)}. One of the friends that I am going with this year is going with me, so I don't think that he'll want to go either, but like I said, it totally depends on the rest of the group(have a couple of first time con goers.) But I will keep it in mind and decide whether I want to go or not. I know that they wouldn't let my costumes in this year, one has no top to it, and the other one is just pure black armour^_^(if actually have time to make that one). Even if I do not attend the ball, I hope that I can see everyone here at the con cause I would love to get pictures with everyone.

I'm not sure exactly who it was that wouldn't let him in(it was the person that was at the front door).

Do you have a link that I might go to in order to get more information on the ball PretearWink? That might actually change my mind deicding if I want to go.

Studmaster
04-24-2003, 03:20 PM
I will almost certainly be going this year. AWA was the first con I was exposed to in Animerica back in '96, and I've always wanted to see it with my own eyes. It'll be a great way to start the final leg of the World Tour.

SanKitty
04-24-2003, 06:24 PM
hi just joined, and i saw this and had to respond.

i'm going to awa and im cosplaying as Mew Ichigo from Tokyo mew mew. :)

CozmicRio
04-24-2003, 08:16 PM
Awesome!! Welcome to cosplay.com!! The costumes for Tokyo

Mew Mew are awesome!! Hope to see you there!! look for a Rio

(Burn Up W) or Dark Chii (chobits) and thats me^_^

Nightmare
04-25-2003, 01:31 AM
Hi and welcome! If you see the guy carrying the big sword, that'll be me. See you there.

Carmila
04-25-2003, 07:06 AM
Yeah Ototou is coming!

Actually, AWA is the only con I have been exposed to...And frankly I think I have been exposed to it too much! he he he

PretearWink
04-27-2003, 05:45 PM
I hope I didn't come off like I was going to bite off your head or anything, it's just that we worked on the ball so hard, and then when it came down to crunch time, a thousand things screwed up and..well..I just like to dispel what I can when I can, you know?^_^

Would you like info on the CLAMP ball or the FFball?^_^ The FFball info is at www.finalfantasyball.com but I'd have to ask Cid where he posted stuff for the CLAMP ball^_^

Nightmare
04-28-2003, 12:02 AM
No problem, I work in retail, so I'm used to people nagging. So don't worry about it. And I'm sure that the ball last year had a lot of effort put into, I read the info on the website last year until the day that I went. I remember the site from the Final Fantasy Ball and there is a link on the AWA website. I'm still not sure if i am going to go(gaming takes priority). It all depends on my friends, I have two others going with me and one is a first time con goer.

Cy_
05-03-2003, 12:25 AM
I still gotta' find a way to put my costume together. ~ ~ I think i'm gonna go as Shinji (Plug-suit). I know it's kinda overdone but---LoL---it's my first time cosplaying.

Himemiya
05-03-2003, 01:52 AM
I was thinking of cosplaying B.B. Hood from capcom, but since the weapons policy in the convention center is "Prop, fake, replica or real weapons will be allowed ONLY in the hotel.", i guess it won't really work... ^^; I was thinking of getting bright orange water guns XD

Cy_
05-03-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Himemiya
I was thinking of cosplaying B.B. Hood from capcom, but since the weapons policy in the convention center is "Prop, fake, replica or real weapons will be allowed ONLY in the hotel.", i guess it won't really work... ^^; I was thinking of getting bright orange water guns XD

Sounds good to me. LoL B.B. Hood r0xx0rz. You can hose down my friend with those water guns. Hahaa

Nightmare
05-04-2003, 12:06 AM
I see that Cy, don't make me smack you with my sword when I'm done with it. I'm starting Monday, mwahahahaha. Then no one will be able to oppose me and my will, mwahahaha. By the way Cy, you need to decide on what you are going to cosplay.

But yeah, B.B. Hood does sound like a cool idea. You going to have like some missiles and bottles in the picnic basket, that'll be awesome.

Cy_
05-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Nightmare
I see that Cy, don't make me smack you with my sword when I'm done with it. I'm starting Monday, mwahahahaha. Then no one will be able to oppose me and my will, mwahahaha. By the way Cy, you need to decide on what you are going to cosplay.

But yeah, B.B. Hood does sound like a cool idea. You going to have like some missiles and bottles in the picnic basket, that'll be awesome.

~ ~ I hate you, fattie... *runs off crying*

Jehuty
05-04-2003, 01:01 AM
Hey Cy and Nightmare I'll smack you both down with my retractable sword so shutup! as for Himemiya you go girl in the arcade I dish out some butt kickings with that arsenal B.B hood has lol. but felicia is my fav darkstalkers girl sad to say

Cy_
05-04-2003, 01:05 AM
Man, whatever derrick...
Me and drew would soo pwn j00! >\ And for the fortunate who don't know this~~~~jehuty can't play Felicia worth crap. =)

Jehuty
05-04-2003, 01:14 AM
Ahh.... (cracks knuckles) this coming from someone who can't handle the Big dogs Jin, psylocke, Silver Samurai(Dark Samurai for me the A1 color) I remeber you could barley beat team AWA Servobt/Kobun, felicia, Morrigan
( inside joke for Cy, Nightmare, and Myself) with some of your better characters at that game don't get cocky just because you've finnally just now beat everyone in the arcade at least once oh and for the record i've beaten both joe and oakwood multiple times MWHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Nightmare
05-04-2003, 01:14 AM
HAHAHAHA, yeah, I play Felicia better than he does, and she is no where near my best character:Ryu, Omega Red, Psylocke, Strider Hiryu, etc. And the only way he beats me half of the time is bby chip damage, man I hate that crap. Cause B.B. Hood's bi gun super does soooooo much damage, regular and chip. Same with Silver Samurai, those damn stars. But this post is about AWA, not how much I can own you guys at the game.

And by the way Jehuty, one smack with my sword will just crush your puny little thing you like to call a sword. Mwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Cy_
05-04-2003, 01:18 AM
I'd totally own, you BOTH with servebot =D

Jehuty
05-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Anyway to get back on the subject or at least the post before the Marvel vs. Capcom ranting Himemiya that's a good idea and it's not going to be over done. I sugest water guns or those plastic guns with the big orange covering over the barrel so that they can tell they're not real but I haven't really seen much of the weapons policies that's what nightmare is for. Besides B.B hood has a big basket although I guess that would count as concealing the weapons which i'm pretty sure isn't allowed.

Cy_
05-04-2003, 01:21 AM
*back to topic* Mannn, really wish shinji would carry a friggin' weapon. >< Like even a small handgun or something. Sux!

Nightmare
05-04-2003, 01:25 AM
Thanks Token, I appreciate your confidence in me and my knowledge of the weapons policy.

That's why i think you should go as someone else, some one that's not overdone Cy. I can make you a wepon if you need it, you know my skills in the wood working dept.

Cy_
05-04-2003, 01:31 AM
Bahhhh!!! Weapons aren't everything. ~ ~

Jehuty
05-05-2003, 01:23 AM
Yeah but cosplayers with props usually get more pics than other cosplayers, I mean look'it Auron from AWA8 remember the mob of people around him and his Masumune Sword tons. Big @$$ props are atractive and draw people to take your picture -_-" i'm sure we'll have to put up with Nigthmare getting a lot of pics with his huge sucka

Nightmare
05-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Yes you will. *Crosses fingers* But I need to get that Chainsaw from you so that I can start on the kickassity of my sword. *Made a new word* I saw some more pics, looks like I am going to have to chisel the mess out of it too once I get the general shape of it, that and I need to get some Poxy glue.

Cy_
05-08-2003, 12:27 AM
*bump*

Jehuty
05-11-2003, 03:30 AM
Are any other people going to this or is this thread gone. I can't find it anymore must be deleted or something

Carmila
05-12-2003, 10:19 AM
No one is really reading it because it has gone from AWA9 to "I'm going to whoop your but with....." Not really worth responding to.

Nightmare
05-12-2003, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I tried to get them to post something different, but they are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. But on a different note, for all the people who are going to AWA, who/what are you going to go as. I'm planning on going as Ryu from Street Fighter for Friday, and Nightmare from Soul Calibur 2 on Saturday.

Carmila
05-12-2003, 03:48 PM
Probably Carmila from VHD:B, Kurumi from Steel Angel Kurumi (manga version w/wings), PopStar Rikku, and maybe another, thought I am not sure.

CozmicRio
05-12-2003, 07:52 PM
i think i'm going to go as Sawa from Kite. Never seen the hentai but i love her costume!

Jehuty
05-12-2003, 09:53 PM
Sorry Carmila yeah Nightmare and Cy are baka and it's easy for them to get off topic ( I apologize for my friends ignorance ). But hey we're back on topic now so everythings alright now. Kite isn't a hentai or least i'm pretty sure it's now there's is certain kind of scenes in it but last time I checked it didn't qualify as hentai i'd have to ask Cy he might know he's our resident Hentai expert.

Masami
05-12-2003, 10:02 PM
I'm going to AWA.. again for the 6th year in a row ^_^ I love AWA, I mean, it's my "baby" con that started it all for me... but once I went to Otakon and came back, AWA didn't seem half as cool as it used to be! I just wish the staff would take one GIANT chill pill.. but oh well. It's still a great con =)

I'll be there with my Kingdom Hearts, Heartless costume.. and probably my Pita Ten, Kana, and Maids in Dream outfits too... Hope to see you all there, in our new hotel ^_^

CozmicRio
05-12-2003, 10:08 PM
coolies, AWA8 was my first con, so i loved it just b/c well its the only one i have been too. but i like it alot though. i plan on going to out of state cons one day but i'm just staying here for now.

i thought that Kite was a hentai? i dunno maybe i am dilirious or sumthing. i have a cold or allergies sumthing and i can't remeber half my day neways^^;

hope to see everybody at the AWA^_^

Cy_
05-13-2003, 03:11 AM
Same here, Coz. AWA 8 was my first con too. We hadda' blast. It's not really the whole convention itself, but the dorks i was around made it great.

This year i'm planning to cosplay Shinji Ikari (plugsuit) or Aya Fujimiya (Battle Gear). Still plenty o' time to work on it. =)

- -; And about the whole hentai expert alias...*THAT* is a lie. >\

Nightmare
05-13-2003, 03:35 AM
That was fun, hopefully we can get more people to come with our group. It seems to be a lot more fun when more people are included. If anyone here wants to join the group that I am in, just let me know, Instant Message me, PM me, or whatever.

Carmila
05-13-2003, 09:26 AM
I have been to 6 of 8 Awas, and I have to say, I need to break out of the "awa con" shell. So this year I am hitting up Otakon (and maybe another, I am not sure yet!) I can remember AWAs humble beginnings...Ah, the memories.

And yes, there are quite a few staffers who just need to take a chill pill. Then again, there are some attendees who need to know when to back off.

Nightmare
05-13-2003, 02:22 PM
This is my third time going to AWA. I wanted to go to A-kon this year, but my plans sort of fell through. But next year, I will be going there, I will, I will.

Hikaruchan
05-13-2003, 03:57 PM
I have been to 5 of the 8 AWAs. I think 2001 was the best organized, but last year was downhill. Right now looking like I won't be there - but there is a slim chance that a room spot may open for me nearer con time with diff anime club then my usual.

Jehuty
05-13-2003, 05:35 PM
Wow so a lot of people got their convention beginings at AWA. What's even more interesting is the amount for AWA 8. I hope this years is much better than last years. And about the staff they're not that bad ( except for the staff in charge of the FF ball) but everything was ran fine and the people were pretty nice. I guess I forgot the judges for the costume contest funny but a little harsh other than that i'm sure everything will be fine.

Schu
05-14-2003, 01:14 AM
I'm not a dork, Russ >/

BTW... to the BB Hood... I'll prolly do Ruby Heart by then, so make sure and hook up wif me for some pics :D

I dunno what else I'll do, have done.

Nightmare
05-14-2003, 01:18 AM
I believe there is going to be a whole bunch of people doing a Marvel v Capcom photo shoot on Friday night. Not sure if they are doing one or two though. That's why I am going as Ryu on Friday, so you two can probably join the fun.

Jehuty
05-14-2003, 02:23 AM
Well Well Schuchan deals her hand I thought she gave up on this thread. The Capcom thing is going to be on friday hmmmmm first day huh. Maybe I could pick out a second cotume for that if I could think of one. Maybe Cy can do Jin and i'll be a big Brodia with a GIANT fist lol. Naw he's already got his two costumes picked out ( stupid Weis Cruz/Knight Hunters ). OH yeah Nightmare there's no way on earth i'm doin Dashlim ( way too much skin ).

Cy_
05-14-2003, 02:53 AM
If i ever scourge up enough time, i'll try and get a Jin costume up. LoL As long as Derrick is Blodia. That would roQ. Hahaa, seeing him waddle around. XD

Carmila
05-14-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Jehuty
And about the staff they're not that bad ( except for the staff in charge of the FF ball) but everything was ran fine and the people were pretty nice.

Yeah, well from the info they were given for the FF Ball and what actually happened, they were in just as much shock as the orginizers. They should be better prepaired for the Clamp Ball this year since it is being taken care of in house this time.

Nightmare
05-14-2003, 12:08 PM
Sorry Carmila, I think that we had this discussion a little earlier in this thread, but me and my friends have decided not to go to the CLAMP ball. Unless you can find me that night and drag me in there, I will not be going. *I'll be dressed up as Ryu from Street Fighter.

Carmila
05-14-2003, 12:48 PM
There is nothing to be sorry about! There was not much conversation about it, however I may go to the Clamp ball just for fun. Gives me an excuse to dress up!

Nagisu
05-14-2003, 03:55 PM
I am defenitely going nyu ^.^ The only costume that I am definitely doing for awa as of now is Judy from WOG... So I'll be the demented looking little girl with the sword the same size as me ^.^ I'm just gonna bring anything else I can think of/have at the time that is decent....
As for the Clamp Ball, I wanna do that, it sounds fuuun ^.^

Nightmare
05-15-2003, 01:58 AM
Don;t woory Nagisu, the sword that I will be bringing will be the same size as me as well, or at least the length of it. I'll be looking for you though, I love seeing big weapons, it's a thing of mine, the bigger the weapon the better.

Jehuty
05-15-2003, 02:01 AM
Hey Nagi if you need help on that weapon PM me and I can help you my family has tons of spare wood and crap left around the garage.

Cy_
05-15-2003, 03:57 AM
I still gotta' find the design for the sword i'm making. Ugggg - -; I know I know! I'll make it out of STEEL!! Mwuahahhahahahaaa

*evil sinister laugh*

Jehuty
05-15-2003, 03:59 AM
WTH are you talking about your not cosplaying anyone with a sword are you?

Nightmare
05-15-2003, 12:53 PM
He decided that he is going going to do the redheaded guy from Weis Kruz. Can't remember his name though.

Carmila
05-15-2003, 03:22 PM
That is one thing I have never really done, a character with a wepon.

OH! Have you all heard, AWA is to host the world premier of the Otaku Unite! documentary.

Hikaruchan
05-15-2003, 03:47 PM
I will be interested to see the final version of Otaku Unite! Hopefully Johnny won't be speaking much in it. I had a short interview done with them in 2001, wonder if it made it in and if did, how much of a dork I look like.

Jehuty
05-15-2003, 04:00 PM
What's Otaku Unite! ?

Hikaruchan
05-15-2003, 04:56 PM
Another fandom documentary

http://www.otakuunite.com/

Cy_
05-15-2003, 05:18 PM
COoooool, looks interesting =D

And to derrick - -; Ugg, i just showed you a picture of him the other dayyyyy. And thanx drew, least *SOMEONE* remembered >\

Nagisu
05-15-2003, 11:40 PM
Yay you'll make a shibby Aya~ ^.^

Uwaagh.. I was thinking about bringing my Benten costume.. but if Johnny Otaku will be there... *cringes* Oh well, my boyfriend will be there, so it'll be all good.

Anyway.. I was thinking about making the sword outta foam or something of that sort... ^.^ ke ke ke.... So it would be light enough for me to swing around.. I'm so weak ;.;

Nightmare
05-16-2003, 02:02 AM
he he, my swords out of wood. but I need to get started on it soon. I'm getting lazy, that and I have more classes starting soon, so I should get as much done on it as I can before then.

Jehuty
05-16-2003, 03:32 AM
Nagi your not that weak hell you might even be stronger than Cy. You could make the weapon out of plywood it's a lighter material but weaker. I'm sure you'd be able to hold your weapon if memory serves me right it's a broad sword so it'll be light anyway since it not all big a fat like Nightmares sword is going to be.

Hikaruchan
05-16-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Nagisu
Uwaagh.. I was thinking about bringing my Benten costume.. but if Johnny Otaku will be there... *cringes* Oh well, my boyfriend will be there, so it'll be all good.

I am sure Johnny will be there - he staffs AWA last couple of years plus I doubt he would want to miss documentary debut that I think he is going to be in quite a bit.

AKuMA G0
05-18-2003, 09:29 PM
so this is where you guys post

Cy_
05-18-2003, 09:34 PM
Yessss, this is where we post, Adrian ~ ~

Jehuty
05-18-2003, 09:46 PM
Ahhh hey Akuma you should post in the Video game board they talk about soul caliber there. Cy how could you get him started on this lol I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy the addiction will kill KIILL!!. J/k well at least someone is keeping the AWA9 thread alive it was gone for a while there good job Cy. What's the official site for the con again.

AKuMA G0
05-18-2003, 09:47 PM
i guess everybody's gonna be at AWA9

Jehuty
05-19-2003, 01:19 AM
Well at the moment myself, Cy, Nightmare, and possibly schu still not sure about the others.

Nightmare
05-19-2003, 01:31 PM
Matt is going. And Adrien is most likely going.

Nagisu
05-19-2003, 01:40 PM
Nagi your not that weak hell you might even be stronger than Cy.

lol I though everyone was stronger than him ^.^ j/k

Hm.. Mebbe we could make the sword outta wood. I could get people to hely me carry it ^.^ hehehe

Jehuty
05-19-2003, 02:36 PM

Hm.. Mebbe we could make the sword outta wood. I could get people to hely me carry it ^.^ hehehe

ROFL your probally much right but don't tell him that he'll get mad. I can see it now " F*ck you Jehuty I hate you guys" lol but I shouldn't brag it's not like i'm superman compared to him.

Yeah wood would be the best material to use. I you need help carrying it you've got myself, Nightmare, Cy, Schu, Omi, and if Kenneth goes him you'll have a lot big strong people to help you carry it. If that doesn't work i'm sure a random fanboy would work XD. Though you might not actually be carrying it as much if you'll be at the ecchi bug stand again this year.

Nightmare
05-19-2003, 06:10 PM
Dude, I am going to be busy carrying my sword. So I won't be able to carry anoyone elses. But I can help make it.

Jehuty
05-19-2003, 09:34 PM
I guess our group should just get people to carry our weapons for us, like a caddy or those little girls that follow behind the bride carrying her dress lol.

Cy_
05-20-2003, 03:57 PM

~ ~ ...I think AWA weekend, i'll be rearranging my sock drawer.

Nagisu
05-20-2003, 04:57 PM
Aww, It's ok to be weak ^.^

Nightmare
05-20-2003, 10:36 PM
No Cy_, your coming with us if I have to drag you along unconcious. Mwahahaaha

Jehuty
05-20-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Cy_
~ ~ ...I think AWA weekend, i'll be rearranging my sock drawer.

Stop being such a baby, everyone knows your strong hell Zeus himself would be afraid of you awsome power. Besides if you were weak for real look at it as a good thing ladies like a weak man ~_O. Anyway our group is still small I don't think we have enough to get $15 admis. I guess that means..............well have to join up with HAAS.

Nightmare
05-20-2003, 11:48 PM
I will never join with HAAS. We won't get the $15 dollars. But we can get the $17. That's fine with me. But I will never join with HAAS. We are the No Kash Krew.

Cy_
05-21-2003, 03:05 AM
*looks in wallet...a fly buzzes out* Yep, No cash alright. Poor so poor. *cries himself to sleep*

Errr, ANYway---it's just, last year we had a bad experience with them at dinner. ~ ~ T...they left us.

Nightmare
05-22-2003, 01:15 PM
That's why I am saying that I will never join with them. they can take their nazi selves and leave with out us. We'll be going on our own. I guarantee that.

Nagisu
05-22-2003, 10:27 PM
I'm sure we could get a big enough group together.. how many people does it take anyway?

Carmila
05-23-2003, 07:42 AM
You ahve to have 4+ to have a group.

Nagisu
05-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Then we have more than enough nyu ^.^

Jehuty
05-26-2003, 03:29 AM
Yeah but we need 9+ to get $15 admission, Nightmare says we're down to $17 but that doesn't seem right. Myself, Nightmare, Cy , Strife, Akuma, Oaky. That's only 6 but if we take Anthony, Chitto, and summo baby that would be enough or if Schu, Omi, Nagi, and Kenneth jion our group that'd be enough to. The later is probally the better approach although hear Akuma argue with his sibs would be pretty funny. " sshhh chito !" ROFLAO XD

AKuMA G0
05-26-2003, 11:08 AM
if we're going with HAAS, forget it...
if we're going with No Kash Krew then.........
let's take all their money!

we can encourage RJ to go but we still need one more right?

AKuMA G0
05-26-2003, 01:28 PM
He' we go 1 & 2...

so HAAS is going to AWA9, TOO
we're gonna show ya'll what No Kash Krew can DO
Ka$h or no Ka$h,
we'll show you our costumes that'll rip yours
& beat all your @$$e$ in tournaments, 2 X 2

we dont give a $#!+ who da f*q U'all R & wat the prize IS
cuz NKK is here to Krash ya'll mof*cka's and make ya'll P!$$:rockon:

ya heard it,
that's AKuMA, Cy, Nightmare, and Jehuty
fuQ!ng all your AWA p00$ies with our H00tY.:rofl:

we just dont want people looking down on US:hafha:
guess again, :confused:
we're IMMORTALS,
and no one can beat US

so why dont you join No Kash
...and give us some Ka$h! :D

Jehuty
05-26-2003, 11:40 PM
^ ROFLMAO XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alisa
05-27-2003, 12:30 AM
Oooh I might be able to go! ^-^

Jehuty
05-27-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Alisa
Oooh I might be able to go! ^-^

Really i'd be nice to see you there. And then you could show off your updated and fixed Dizzy costume. I've been thinking on doing venom for a second costume to wear there.

Alisa
05-27-2003, 01:03 AM
Really i'd be nice to see you there. And then you could show off your updated and fixed Dizzy costume. I've been thinking on doing venom for a second costume to wear there.
Yeah! that sounds awesome. I can't wait. I am going through the final barrier levels of my parents, and plans for travel and such.

linzie chan
05-27-2003, 07:37 PM
hi all! Someone was saying that AWA doesn't have a message board. If you go to their official website awa-con.com they have a fairly large one ^_^! AWA is the only con I attend because its twenty minutes away from my house! I'll be cosplaying as:

Friday: suu from clover
Saturday: manga kenshin
Sunday: possibly orta from panzer dragoon, but more than likely kenshin again
see everyone there!;)

Jehuty
05-27-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by linzie chan
hi all! Someone was saying that AWA doesn't have a message board. If you go to their official website awa-con.com they have a fairly large one ^_^! AWA is the only con I attend because its twenty minutes away from my house! I'll be cosplaying as:

Friday: suu from clover
Saturday: manga kenshin
Sunday: possibly orta from panzer dragoon, but more than likely kenshin again
see everyone there!;)

It's only twenty minutes away wow a convenient convention ha HA........ook lame. Don't know if you'd have time for the Orta costume but that'd be cool that's a nice game and Orta has a nice costume she was pretty cute in the comercial for PDO too.

linzie chan
05-28-2003, 02:25 PM
ooo.. I know. Suu is taking me forever! I just finished the metal base for one wing, it took me about 2 weeks. It is quite beautiful if I do say so myself ^_^;; I wish I had time for orta, I already have a wig!

Jehuty
05-28-2003, 11:39 PM
Nice I hope you have time to finish it i'd like to see it completed.

linzie chan
05-30-2003, 11:18 AM
yeah me too!

Jehuty
05-30-2003, 01:01 PM
I just found out that Monica Rial is going to be a guest, that practically solidifys me going, she's such a cool voice actess and well.........she's better in sooo many more ways than Tiffany Grant. Now that that's said the flaming will probally comence.

linzie chan
05-30-2003, 07:12 PM
hmmm...maybe not! lol ^_^ I really don't know a lot about the voice acting peoples, most of my dvds are only subtitled.
*casually stuffs hong kong bootlegs under bed, you didn't see anything

Jehuty
05-31-2003, 12:30 AM
Cool i'm safe from you then, I know a little about only some of the better and well known VA's. Tiffany Grant did the voice of Asuka in Evangelion, so naturally tons of people like her and fanboys think she's good looking.

Nightmare
05-31-2003, 03:21 AM
ROAR!!! I saw that Token... I'm coming after you to drag you down to Hell, mwahahaha.... j/k.

AKuMA G0
05-31-2003, 09:39 AM
i dont know the voice of young Gohan, Saffron Henderson, in the 1st series is probably the hottest one i've seen

2nd is probably Myriam Sirios, the voice of Akane

and 3rd is the rest

linzie chan
05-31-2003, 10:16 AM
I'd be interested in hearing evangelion in English, especially Asuka. Maybe they'll play the EOE or something at the con.

Jehuty
05-31-2003, 02:56 PM
Evangelion has good voice acting, all the characters voices match their personalities and characteristics almost perfectly. Nightmare went to AWA 7 and he said the guy who voices Kentaro from Golden boy was there and did some voices for the fans. So maybe miss/mrs Grant would be nice enough to do the same.

Cy_
06-03-2003, 01:49 AM
LoL!

Man, Adrian can't rap wortha' flip XDDDDDDD

Jehuty
06-03-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Cy_
LoL!

Man, Adrian can't rap wortha' flip XDDDDDDD

Sure he can that's pretty good and what are you posting here for you traitor you're not even going to AWA 9 now. : P

Moruri_Chan
06-03-2003, 02:02 PM
I'm going to awa ^_^ I'm going to be dressed as Yukina from Yu Yu Hakusho, I haven't made reservations yet x_x It's a loong drive but it's still the closet con to where I live

Carmila
06-03-2003, 03:55 PM
Awesome Moruri-chan! Yukina is such a cute character, but I would hurry up and make reservations. Hotel rooms are going fast!

Nightmare
06-03-2003, 11:15 PM
Dude Token, what makes you think that Russ isn't going. He is going, as Shinji and Aya. Unless he has told you something that he has not told me. I've talked to Head, he might be going with us also.

Cy_
06-04-2003, 01:13 AM
Well, actually---i am still thinking about it. The chances of me going are kinda' high. It's just the whole 'staying around h-ville' thing. I was talkin' to Token about it a couple days ago. It's just a possibility. =\

I wanna get the hell outta' this town.
I feel soo outta' place... ~ ~

Himemiya
06-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Aaaahh!! It changes once a week! >.<
Friday - original EGL / gothic lolita bride
Saturday - Yumi Omura (chobits)
- Merryweather from God Child

and i might do a Jpop costume and yeeeee!

Jehuty
06-04-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Himemiya
Aaaahh!! It changes once a week! >.<
Friday - original EGL / gothic lolita bride
Saturday - Yumi Omura (chobits)
- Merryweather from God Child

and i might do a Jpop costume and yeeeee!

LOL if you have that much energy and spare time maybe you could work on my costumes then. BTW Nightmare how much is the hotel room gonna cost anyway you still haven't told us that or when we'll need to pay it. Not to mention it's getting time to where we need to finalize how many people are going to be in our group and how is definately going ( looks at cy ).

Headmaster Cid
06-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Hey all! I dunno if any of you remember me or not but I cosplay as Headmaster Cid at AWA (mainly last year and the year before). ^_^ But AWA is DEFINITELY getting better and actually has a new event this year *guilty plug*. If you're interested in checking it out, please visit http://www.japandepot.com/index3.html
It's called the AWA CLAMP Ball and we're currently taking pre-order ticket sales via the website. It's going to be vastly popular as we've already had many people purchase their tickets and many many others talking about it. In short, it's a formal dance where con-goers can dress up either formally or in nice cosplay costumes. It will feature catering and a real DJ who will be playing a variety of music. The theme is a mixture of CLAMP titles and characters and Cherry Blossoms (as you'll see once you visit the website). Anyways, I just wanted to let you know about this event if you didn't already and introduce myself ^_^ Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Arigato!

Jehuty
06-04-2003, 12:04 PM
^ Hey where you one of the FF ball players I think I remember you?

Headmaster Cid
06-04-2003, 12:18 PM
Yea, I was the main speaker at the FFBall ^^

CozmicRio
06-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Oooo this is gonna be great! me and my freind r cosplaying as chii's and now we'll fit in at the clamp ball^^Himemiya, i'll be doing a jrock costume this year also. I <3 Mana^^which jpop r u going to do?

I hope the clamp ball will make AWA more popular. cuz its my fav con and i dun like ppl always saying it sucked. i had fun but oh well thats just me^^;

~*Rio*~

Carmila
06-04-2003, 12:31 PM
Ah, yes. the Clamp Ball shameless self plug. Very nicely done I might add.

Oh, if you go to AWA on a press pass do you have to pay full price for the ball or member price??

Anyways, AWA does get better with every year. I have been to all but 2 of them, and I have to say, I have rather enjoyed seeing how it is grown and matured over the years. Now if they could only get some better guests and not the same oldies but goodies, I would be much happier.

Jehuty
06-04-2003, 01:26 PM
You have to pay to get into the ball?

Headmaster Cid
06-04-2003, 01:39 PM
Wow, so many responces already o_o;; Ummm... ok, yes you do have to pay for a ball ticket, however that goes directly to the caterers, DJ, props, decorations, and equipment use so no one is getting paid for this ^^ I hope that helps. I know it's strange to be paying for an AWA event, but the truth is this is a much higher class type of shindig and therefore requires extra money. But you'll enjoy it, I promise ^^ And arigato, Carmilla! That picture is damn sexy O_O. And wai!! More Chiis!! ^_^

Carmila
06-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Don't I wish that picture was me! It is Hamasaki Ayumi from a 2001 KDDI phone ad (she is holding the s305 sony phone - the same one I had). However, my hair and nails kinda look like that.

Jehuty
06-04-2003, 11:48 PM
Headmaster Cid do you know how much that'll be to get in like the exact dollar amount I may check it out if it's not too pricey.

Headmaster Cid
06-04-2003, 11:57 PM
If memory serves correct, it's $12 if you buy just a ticket for the Ball. However, if you purchase both your AWA membership and CLAMP Ball tickets together, it's only $7 for the Ball ^^ Not too bad when you think about it. Hope that helps. It's also posted on the website.

Jehuty
06-05-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Headmaster Cid
If memory serves correct, it's $12 if you buy just a ticket for the Ball. However, if you purchase both your AWA membership and CLAMP Ball tickets together, it's only $7 for the Ball ^^ Not too bad when you think about it. Hope that helps. It's also posted on the website.

That it does indeed thank you very much.

Moruri_Chan
06-07-2003, 10:31 AM
I ordered my tickets for the con and the ball, and I got a few things for my costume I'll get hotel reservations later ^_^

Nightmare
06-07-2003, 02:15 PM
I don't knowifI am going, I am sort of the head of my group, soif al of them decides to go beforehand, andtickets aren't sold out,I'll think about going. ButI was truly thinking about being Ryu that night for the MvC pictures. But I know that you aren't doing that Token, so you can do whatever you want. But, I will mostly be hanging around the con newbsso that they don't feel strange(I know I did my first year). :)

Jehuty
06-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Nightmare
I don't knowifI am going, I am sort of the head of my group, soif al of them decides to go beforehand, andtickets aren't sold out,I'll think about going. ButI was truly thinking about being Ryu that night for the MvC pictures. But I know that you aren't doing that Token, so you can do whatever you want. But, I will mostly be hanging around the con newbsso that they don't feel strange(I know I did my first year). :)

Yeah sorry no capom people for i'll be away from the rest of the crew. I'll just go on the official site and see what I can be doing in between that time.

Nightmare
06-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Actually, Russ and I ar thinking about doing Ragnarok on Friday now. We won't be able to do the MvC thing, but we will be looking all cool and all. I guess we might be able to get into the ball with our costumes, I'm not sure if he wants to do the manga version or the Oonline version, either way it'll be cool.

Cy_
06-09-2003, 02:50 PM
*thumbs up*
Damn Straight. n n;

Priests are soo cool *~*

Jehuty
06-10-2003, 09:05 AM
You guys and your cosplay groups anyway, when do the quest arrive at AWA and how long do they stay exactly, if possible i'd like to at least get an autograph or something from Monica Rial.

SuthrnBelleChan
06-10-2003, 04:26 PM
I'm going ^_^ I'll be there probably as Uzuki on Friday, Dark Mage Rikku and Kaoru on saturday, then either Dark Mage Rikku(again) or my I.C. Entertainment Kitty Girl

Carmila
06-11-2003, 07:24 AM
Last year some of the guests were already there on Thursday so that they could have a day around Atlanta. Some stay through sunday (so that they can attend Desloktoberfest) some leave saturday evening. Just depends.

As for my cosplay schedule, I am not sure. Most certainly Kurumi V 2.0 is going as well as PopStar Rikku. I am certainly working my fingers to the bone to get Carmila done in time!

Jehuty
06-11-2003, 11:06 AM
Kurumi Vr 2? then again i've only seen one ep of the first series.....

Carmila
06-11-2003, 01:35 PM
Yep, it is Manga Kurumi. Kurumi v3.0 is going to be my 21st Century Kurumi costume (from the DVD cover of SAK 2 being released domestically in August).

Nightmare
06-11-2003, 01:42 PM
I've had a change of costume on Friday night, instead of going as Ryu, Im 90% sure that I will be going as the male assassin from Ragnarok Online. But I ill still be going as Nightmare on Saturday for the costume contest. :)

Jehuty
06-11-2003, 10:56 PM
I'm telling ya man go as Chaos from the Rag manga, Well I don't think i've seen that outfit for kurumi Carmila it'll be interesting to see you in it then, I may back down from my costume plans as well A mecha costume just demands too much time, money, and resources but never fear people i'm not saying i'm quiting on it just don't get your hope up at seeing it a AWA 9 maybe one of the cons I go to next year like Ota or A con

Carmila
06-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I am not sure how much time/money for Kurumi v 3.0 I am going to have. I am so bound and determined to finish Carmila, it isn't even funny! (and yet again, I am sooo running out of time!)

SuthrnBelleChan
06-12-2003, 10:26 PM
I'm going ot AWA 9! Hehe, any groups forming? any costumes i should bring? hehe i'm excited

Jehuty
06-13-2003, 01:51 AM
Um yeah you should join our group and while your at it drag schu and Nagi that way well be sure to get the $15 entry for the whole con

Mouse
06-13-2003, 11:21 PM
...I might go. *blinks* I think I'm just going to watch...

Jehuty
06-14-2003, 12:24 AM
You should go Mouse it'll be great

SuthrnBelleChan
06-14-2003, 04:07 PM
Jehuty what group are you doing?

Jehuty
06-14-2003, 10:34 PM
We don't have a specific group now, well we're thinking of doing an easy Ragnarok gropu but that's about it.

SuthrnBelleChan
06-15-2003, 02:51 PM
Only costumes i'm gonna have available for AWA are Dark mage Rikku, Battle Royale uniform, Shaami blitzball player, Mana - Beast of Blood, hmm what else... i dunno lemme now what y'all are planning?

Jehuty
06-15-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by SuthrnBelleChan
Only costumes i'm gonna have available for AWA are Dark mage Rikku, Battle Royale uniform, Shaami blitzball player, Mana - Beast of Blood, hmm what else... i dunno lemme now what y'all are planning?

That's it heh, that alot lol, well If you want to I guess you'd need to PM Nightmare but he's always playing ragnarok online, if you're not going with HASS or someother group we still have several slots open just let me know and i'll try and get you more details.

Nightmare
06-15-2003, 06:00 PM
I'm not ALWAYS playing Ragnarok. In fact, I usually don't start playing till midnight.

I think that it'll be awesome to get a Ragnarok group up for Friday night. Cause it's all about the assassin. We have a priest, but we can use anything else, i.e. wizard, knight, hunter, and blacksmith.

If you want to go with us SuthrnBelleChan, just let me or Token above me know. I'll be happy to add you to our group. :)

Jehuty
06-15-2003, 09:17 PM
Oh yeah SuthrnBelleChan with the confirmation of or latest "definates" to going to the con we caculated the the entry fee for our group would be about $17 a lot less than the original $40 and we are still going strong ( hoping to get down to the max $15 limit )

SuthrnBelleChan
06-16-2003, 10:19 AM
i can join your group with that ^^ i don't think i'll have a rgnarok costume together though >.< i can always just mess up my hair wear no make up, messy clothes, with a shirt that says ragnarok junkie hehe

Jehuty
06-16-2003, 10:42 PM
It's ok don't worry about it I might not be making a rag costume either ugh I might have to go to another con without a costume ~______~. Anyway well if you're a definate just send me or Nightmare a PM and i'll give you more details or you can talk to schu or nagi i'm sure they can fill you in since they might be in the same group.

Nightmare
06-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Just wanted to post this before went to school, we have 7 people in our group now, and if my formula is correct..
[75+(n*15)]
(n+4)
then it brings our it to just over $17 for each person.

And SuthrnBelleChan, a Ragnarok costume is not necessary, but if you do want to do one, then you can try the blacksmith..

http://enweb.ragnarok.co.kr/2ndpro/img_bla_f.jpg

or you can do the hunter..

http://enweb.ragnarok.co.kr/2ndpro/img_hun_f.jpg

..they are really easy costumes that can be thrown together in a moments notice. If you want to join the group, just let Token above me know, he's on more than I am, (I play Ragnarok around 11pm to 4am). Well, it's been fu, but I got to get may ass to class, but I'll probably get back on here before I play Rag tonight. :)

Jehuty
06-18-2003, 08:52 AM
Not bad now if only you could get scans from the Ragnarok manga

SuthrnBelleChan
06-18-2003, 11:17 AM
eep stomach baring outfits >.< I'll join y'all's group but i dun think i can have a ragnarok costume finished in time but yes i will join y'all ^^

Nightmare
06-18-2003, 04:30 PM
That's great, that puts us up to 8 people, now all I need to know is a first and last name, and a nickname, for registration purposes.

And Token, why would I need to get up some scans of the manga, we are not going as that. We're going as the game characters. :)

SuthrnBelleChan
06-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Lauren Cullen and nickname is SuthrnBelleChan whens hould i send y'all the money

Jehuty
06-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Don't worry about it for the time being it'll be a while before Nightmare gets the rooms but we will notify you, well that's pretty much it thankyou very much SuthrBellechan

Carmila
06-19-2003, 03:08 PM
Suthrn, if you need a place to crash, I have one more space left in my room. Also, if I don't get this press badge stuff cleared up you mind if I join you? I think I even come bearing Con Credit from people who bailed last year.....

Cy_
06-20-2003, 12:17 AM
Yeah that's what planned.

Friday - Priest (Ragnarok Online)
Saturday - Aya (Weib Kreuz)

But knowing me, by Sep i'll have sh*t done. On Friday, I"ll go as Popstar Drew Charlton from Huntsville, AL without shirt and hot pants. And yes ladies, flash photography is acceptable. =) Oh yeah *nudge nudge*

Or on Saturday i'll go as Afro-Asian Derrick Moore with wife beater and red sweats. And yes---I *AM* going commando. T-shirt w/ open dress shirt over. Hands neatly tucked in pockets with dress shoes.

And Sunday, i'll go as quiet pretty boy AzN Adrian Octaviano. I think i can perfect the depressed look by September. Along w/ the baggy pants and Fang Fang accessory by my side. I'm gonna borrow his smoochie for a weekend. ^__________^ (\/) Peash

^ ^;;

Nightmare
06-20-2003, 03:49 AM
Why thank you Lauren, I'll put you on the list of our group members as soon as I can find it in my room(it is such a mess). That puts us at 8 people paying just under $17. And I would like to be able to send the money and form by at least mid July. The easiest way for you to get me the money is to give it to Schu and she can give that to me when she pays me herself.

And Carmila, if you want to join the group that's fine with me, I would just need the same information from you as I got from SuthrnBelleChan at the top of this page. I would just like to know by the end of this month. :)

Jehuty
06-21-2003, 02:46 AM
Hate to be stupid here but this thread was about to go under...or at least I think it was, Cy...you stupid, Nightmare well uh...stop making fun of my post go play some Ragnarok

You know what I got some insipartion for a costume, you know what I found it right here on this thread too.

on fri i'm doing tech- (NO) groove breakdance boy Russ Southerland, with red hair and be cool impaired, i'll be wearing a chinese farmer hat ( you know the round cone shaped ones ) and a shirt and jeans , my prop will be pr0n and hentai dvds and homemade cds and a computer with ragnarok on the desktop, i'll be easily reconizable because I will run away from any girl at the con. i'll also be real lazy and you'll most likely find me on a couch whining about something. lol j/k actually i'll have to beat the ladies of with a pole in my Russ Southerland the bishieness is just there, the girls will be like ooooooooohhh Russ you're soo cool Make out with meeeeeeeeee!!!!! darn those orientals and their femenine apearances lol

p.s how's that for post length *coughnightmare*cough

Cy_
06-21-2003, 02:53 PM
LoL!
*thumbs up to Derrick*

Now back to topic err, uhm...
I like Anime. o o;

Jehuty
06-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Thank you, well i've cut down the worry of all of us having to stay in one room I guess there's still quite a few of us but I guess we'll break it into 4 and 4. And for anyone who takes the time so read our pathetic little post there's still always room open right now we're only paying $16.50 for the whole 3 days ( mindless plug )

SuthrnBelleChan
06-21-2003, 10:24 PM
Carmila i may need to crash with ya sweetie hehe cuz the group that offered to let me go with them is staying down the way far away, so i may need to crash with ya if you don't mind ^^

Nightmare
06-21-2003, 11:38 PM
Hey Token, I talked to Denise about staying their for the convention. I told her that we didn't want to overbare them with people over the weekend. So I have decided, as group leader of some sort: and I have talked to her about this, that we could split the group in half or something like that and have half of the group stay at the hotel, I know I am, darn sword. I hope this post sounds right, i had two loooooong days at work. I mean something along these lines.

Jehuty
06-21-2003, 11:47 PM
Yeah I told her about that too I guess Myself, you , Cy, and Akuma can go to her house the rest will get the room this works out in our favor because.......lol well it's free! and your pops still gets his money for the room ( with interest since there's so many others and Denise said she might want to go herself so if I convince her that'll bring our group count up to 9 I think, one more to go and we reach our estimated limit but of course we don't have to stop there anyway we'll disscuss more later. ^_^

Nightmare
06-22-2003, 12:41 AM
If you read more carefully Token, I already said that I am going to stay at the hotel. You know how heavy my swrod is going to be. Who ever wants to stay at Denis's, can, I don't want to force anyone to go there. Especially since me and you are the only two that know her.

yuffieleonheart
06-22-2003, 12:57 AM
o.o i just found out i'm going to awa ^__________________^

Jehuty
06-22-2003, 02:09 AM
lol alright yuffie that's great........, how did you find out?

Ihrie
06-22-2003, 04:16 PM
YAAAAAYYYY!!!!!! YOU CAN GO!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!! @_@

heehee my evil plans worked *floats away to cosplay heaven*

Jehuty
06-22-2003, 06:47 PM
Uh..........good job Ihrie I guess you were the one to convince Yuffie to go. Well hope to see you both there.

yuffieleonheart
06-22-2003, 07:47 PM
=D lol well i thought i couldn't go but i found out that i can ^_^ *huggles matty*

Jehuty
06-22-2003, 07:52 PM
That's great I hope it says that you'll be able to go, well I guess i'll see you and your friend there ^_^

Carmila
06-24-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by SuthrnBelleChan
Carmila i may need to crash with ya sweetie hehe cuz the group that offered to let me go with them is staying down the way far away, so i may need to crash with ya if you don't mind ^^

Coolness! I know I have one extra space. If you don't mind crashing with me, Ranma, and Studmaster! Plus I have a room in the con hotel with 2 queen sized beds, so there should be lots of nice room.

Jehuty
06-24-2003, 12:17 PM
Hey Suthrnbellechan wanna switch places ^_^ lol j/k that's great carmila it's nice for you to offer her this space it's too bad the other 8 or so in our group can't do the same it's going to be hard to find places for all of them to sleep.

Carmila
06-24-2003, 12:58 PM
Can you all not get another hotel room?

No Jehuty, you can't change places unless you want to sleep on the floor! he he he Where are you staying anyways?

Longinus
06-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Heh, I was looking for an AWA 9 thread, I thought it would be a little early to start talking about it, so I almost gave up looking for the thread. Right then is when I noticed that the thread was sitting on the very top of the list =P.

Anyway I'm definately going to AWA9 :D This will be my 2nd Con, I'm really looking forward to it! I'm going to dress up as Alucard from Hellsing like I did for JACON except I'm going to modify the costume some. Hopefully I'll get to see a few people from JACON there :D

Carmila
06-24-2003, 03:48 PM
You know, we should do Georgia Cosplay picnic since there seems to be som any of us around.

Jehuty
06-24-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Carmila
Can you all not get another hotel room?

No Jehuty, you can't change places unless you want to sleep on the floor! he he he Where are you staying anyways?

The floor hmmmm you drive a hard bargin but.....ok lol, well actually i'm very lucky a friend is offering to open her house up to me to me and several of the boyz will be staying there ( $$ saving us on that one $$ ) as for the other we only pre-registered for one room minus the 4 going to my friends house that still leaves several I guess they'll figure it out, one may get a room for himself anyway. I don't know the Hotel I think it's the one the con is going to be in or at least near it (duh)

Heh, I was looking for an AWA 9 thread, I thought it would be a little early to start talking about it, so I almost gave up looking for the thread. Right then is when I noticed that the thread was sitting on the very top of the list =P.

>>Anyway I'm definately going to AWA9 :D This will be my 2nd Con, I'm really looking forward to it! I'm going to dress up as Alucard from Hellsing like I did for JACON except I'm going to modify the costume some. Hopefully I'll get to see a few people from JACON there :D - Longnius <<

uh...yeah if you don't post on a post for a while it keeps droping as people reply to other post or newer post, sometimes this happens so much a thread is completely lost then deleted. But i'd like to keep this one going even if it's just babble every now and then it's up there with another con ( don't know ) in post they both have the most AWA needs to beat it rwwaaar!!! lol ok,

yeah this will be my second con too I went to AWA last year it was good and a lot of members on this site are going so it'll be a nice experience to see them all.

Skullez
06-24-2003, 08:59 PM
im going to awa at dragon con. i love both cons alout. at dragon con i think im just goan be a j-rocker and a lolita. but if i can get material in time my friends and i are going to be lock shock and barrel from the nightmare before christmas and if i can construst this im gona be edward scissorhands hopefully ..dont count on it though!
but at awa i am in line for kyo mana dark chii for the clamp ball and maybe eather a kyo or a mana again not sure.
I colored my hair today like Kyos from the video Cage and i have the costume already so it was easy for me. actualy i just gota wate for my purple to wash out of my hair before the bleach shows.
but its still gona be fun !! i really hope Jhonen Vasquez will be at dragon con this year!
and i hope i get my art table for anime con.

Longinus
06-24-2003, 09:18 PM
uh...yeah if you don't post on a post for a while it keeps droping as people reply to other post or newer post, sometimes this happens so much a thread is completely lost then deleted. But i'd like to keep this one going even if it's just babble every now and then it's up there with another con ( don't know ) in post they both have the most AWA needs to beat it rwwaaar!!! lol ok,

Ooops that must have come out wrong when I said it. I know the basic mechanics of forums, I just meant that it didn't even strike me to look at the top. I had no idea it would be this popular.

Jehuty
06-24-2003, 10:44 PM
Yeah it's a good con, top 5 or 6 of the 10 biggest in the US IMO

Carmila
06-25-2003, 08:38 AM
AWA is nice. I mean, it still has a long way to go to be a stellar con, but hey. When it is in my backyard, I don't care. It will be as much fun as I can make it! (this will be like my 7th awa or something insane like that)

Jehuty
06-25-2003, 09:21 AM
Wow you've been to so many of them, I guess I see your point though it does seem kinda weird when a con is soo close I guess it takes the fun out of the (traveling expirence part ) * wavy lines sequence

* drving around in a circle for about 5 times
Nightmare: Geeez where do we go, I think this is the right way, OH I see i've got to turn here
Cy: I don't know isn't that the place you turned last time
Ken: Yeah we've seen that one guy walking 4 times unless he's really fast or something, he must be saying" man I feel sorry for that cool guy in the back with the smelly asian dude"
Cy: you @$$
Nightmare: hahhahahahha!!!!
me: ........................... ( idiots )

The trip there and back is half the fun I guess.

Cy_
06-25-2003, 02:05 PM
I hate you Derrick...~ ~;;

Nightmare
06-25-2003, 02:19 PM
For real Token,

Token: Go this way, we havent gone this way yet.
Me: umm... Yes we have.
Token: No we haven't, just go this way.
Me: Fine (makes the turn). See dumbass, we have gone this way.
Token: Whatever, just hurry up and find the place.

Ad at least I don't drive like a little old lady Token, and don't give me that, I dont have any tickets, causet you have two accidents. Just one for me. We'll be drving for like 6 hours if you drove. I might have to drive again to make good time.

And by the way our hotel is going to be the one where the con is. :)

Carmila
06-25-2003, 02:54 PM
Driving and traveling with a group is fun. While I was in college I used to come down to AWA with a carload of friends - from Charlotte! All of us, plus stuff for a long weekend (we always took vacation around the same time) and atleast 4 people (sometimes 5). Thank goodness I live locally again because I am not sure if I can even fit all of my stuff into my little del Sol just for me!

AKuMA G0
06-26-2003, 05:26 AM
Yo Yo AKuMA w/ mad skillaz here-
i'm thinkin' about going as AKuMA on Fri., Dante on Sat., and probably someone -or something- on Sun.
probably gonna go in all Devil forms for the whole weekend.
:devil:

Jehuty
06-26-2003, 09:35 AM
That's pretty cool ^

Nightmare
06-27-2003, 02:23 AM
HAHAHAHA. There goes Token with his short three word posts. HAHAHAHA.

Yeah, I love to drive, but I hate on the way back when everyone is sleeping and you have no one to talk to, so I get bored. So Adrien, who are you getting to make your costumes for you, I may need help on my assassin. :)

AKuMA G0
06-27-2003, 06:01 AM
i dont know, i'm not even sure if i'm gonna wear anything _

Jehuty
06-27-2003, 12:56 PM
Well it's no big deal if you do, it'd be cool if you really could do Dante or at least Akuma that should be easier. If you want to do the Dante costume you might want to talk to Schu or ask Nightmare if he can get Laura to do it for you ( she'll charge you though but probally a good price ).

Nightmare
06-28-2003, 02:26 AM
Well, I have come to the decision. Unfortunately, due to not enough time available and money issues, that I will only be doing my assassin for the weekend. I really wanted to do the Nightmare costume, so I will finish it when time is not at restraints.

Also, I wanted to spoof it so much, that it would just put everyone in awe, you know what I'm talking about Derrick.

Cy_
07-01-2003, 11:35 PM
Yeahhhh i know what you mean Drew. LoL I'm with you. Ragnarok ALL THE WAY. Let's put up a small RO group. LoL And Matt's goin' as a knight. Fweeee~~~So i'm just gonna "Priest" Fri + Sat. Unless something easy comes up otherwise. Sorry Aya---but i'm giving you the hands down right now

Now...to find a poring plush. HMmmm. =D

Nightmare
07-02-2003, 01:14 PM
Yep, and Schu's going as the wizard. Oh, how I hate wizards in the game. Yep, we already have a small Rag group. Hopefully we can get a larger one. Or at least all the second level jobs. And I need to find myself a racoon plushie. :)

Masami
07-02-2003, 09:35 PM
I just sent off my group's reg. >^-^<

We have a triple room at the Ren., so we might have a room party. >=) .. But is anyone entering the costume contest? I usually don't like AWA's contest style (no Masq) ... but I might enter this year since they have new categories (Novice/Journeyman/Master) ... sounds.. nifty....

Nightmare
07-03-2003, 04:02 AM
I think that me and my friends are going to enter into the costume contsest with our Ragnarok group. Im waiting to get some money from some of my group before I send off the registration. *cough*Derrick*cough* But I would love to go to a party, it's a good way to meet girls. :)

Jehuty
07-03-2003, 08:44 AM
^ .........................BAKA!

Nightmare
07-04-2003, 12:35 AM
At least I am not on posting every hour of my awake existance. I have a life other than posting, haibokusha. If you wan't to bring out the insults, bring them on. And you're just jealos that I said it bofore you did. :)

Nightmare
07-09-2003, 11:59 PM
So, since the convention center is next to a mall, anyone up for getting in full costumes and scaring the people at the mall? I know I am.. just want to know.. it'll be freakier if a lot of people went to the mall at the same time.

Carmila
07-10-2003, 09:50 AM
Resturants are better. You head into a nice sit down place in full costume here in Atlanta, and it will scare the bejesus out of people!

Jehuty
07-11-2003, 03:37 AM
Cy's car is cosplaying as an 86 toyota Trueno APEX GT with, fog lights and rear spoiler, My car is going to be a Nisan Skyline G4
and who ever else drvies their car will cosplay an envangelion unit. OH yeah I guess well have to stop by Krispy Kreme and pick up a doughnut to glue to Cy's face since he'll be cosplaying Iggy from Initial D ( gotta make sure we get the lips just right, his head is already big enough XD )

heh, it's really :o late/early had to post something stupid while my brain is on autopilot mode. I hope the car with the baka license plate comes back and some of the other fun license plates

Carmila
07-11-2003, 08:08 AM
My car with be there with it's USAGI personalized plate, I can tell you that! And maybe by then it will have a bit of work done to it (have part is the garage but no time to work on my baby girl!)

Hey if Cy is cosplaying as Iggy can we get him culligen shots so that his lips will balloon up too? That would be fun!

Nightmare
07-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Cy is not cosplaying as Iggy, Derrick is just being stupid. We talk a lot about which character we are on the game/anime/manga, but we have never discussed cosplaying it.

But yeah, I just meant that we go and try to scare people that are not going to the con. Whether it be in the mall or at a restaurant. :)

Jehuty
07-11-2003, 12:37 PM
Drew you're a spoil sport, sorry carmila I was just kidding, but if you want we could probally talk Cy into doing something like that just for you. Drew did you send in the regerstration yet?

Carmila
07-11-2003, 02:15 PM
You all know I am kidding as well right? Ah, but boys and cars, now that would make my weekend!

Nightmare
07-12-2003, 04:36 AM
No Token, I haven't sent in the registration:

1: I told everyone that I was sending it at the end of this week.
2: I don't have the money for everyone yet. I still need it from Adrien, Grant, Matt, Jessie, Royce... all those people still need to pay soon. Jessie is probably going to give me the money for her and Royce sometime soon. As soon as they pay, I will send in the money and registration form. Don't worry, I'll get it sent in time. You just worry about getting your costume, and I'll worry about registration. (So much stress...) *gah!!!

ummmm
07-12-2003, 10:19 PM
well sorry to join in the thread so late, ive been on a 2 week long martial arts training trip and havnt had time to check in-
anyway im going to atlanta for the japan fest and to visit family so i guess ill stay for the convention sounds alot diffrent from comic market.
i guess ill use my kaneda costume that ive been working on- see you all there.
also they should have a seperate forum for awa- look at how many responses its gotten

Jehuty
07-12-2003, 10:44 PM
Hey what's this comic market you're talking about is it during the same time as AWA? and yeah you're right it should have it's own forum but I guess it's not big enough.

ummmm
07-13-2003, 02:51 PM
comic market- some call it comiket- its in japan

Jehuty
07-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Oh, isn't that where a bunch of doujinshi and fan artist get togeter and sell manga, I've heard about that

AKuMA G0
07-13-2003, 03:20 PM
Yo Yo
what's up, Ya'll
still discussin' about the payments for the con this Sept.?
i'll probably give Nighty my payment before i can remember.
i heard Latino dude and Rich were pissed at each other,
over Initial D: the Arcade 2nd Stage, where they call me Speed Racer.

by the way Drew, my name's AdriAn not AdriEn.
dont tell me you spell your name DrAw instead of DrEw
cuz that's gonna cost you E yen

so you guys are interested in Initial D now
maybe you guys should watch the anime first
then ask the question later, how

AKuMA G0
07-13-2003, 03:28 PM
OK i'm serious,
you punks are acting like a buncha idiots now, judging by the appearance of a person, thinkin' all high.
If you watch the anime, it was Iggy(wtf is Iggy anyway, it's Itsuki) the one that encourage Takumi being #1 in Akina to race against the Akagi Redsuns, Myogi Night Kids, and Lancer Emperors.
Itsuki is probably the coolest character if you watch the whole anime.
So watch the anime first before Iggy this, Iggy that.

::Hey if Cy is cosplaying as Iggy can we get him culligen shots so that his lips will balloon up too? That would be fun!::

maybe i should get a baseball bat and bash your lips, that would make a better Iggy, now that's fun.

::OH yeah I guess well have to stop by Krispy Kreme and pick up a doughnut to glue to Cy's face since he'll be cosplaying Iggy from Initial D ( gotta make sure we get the lips just right, his head is already big enough XD ) ::

Jehuty, how could you be so low.
I thought Cy said that you'd make a better Iggy. hmm..

if you watch the 2nd Stage of Initial D they look a lot different. :geek:

...anyways.. i was just kidding, you know i love you all.:love:
"~~~gonna catch you, like a Space Boy... Wowowowow!!...."

AKuMA G0
07-13-2003, 03:40 PM
by the way Itsuki drives a Levin 8-5 not a Trueno 8-6.

Jehuty
07-13-2003, 03:50 PM
^ ~__________~ chill man I haven't seen the anime I have to go by the changed names I only know that Tak is really Takumi I think I don't know about the original names. Carmila and I were just kidding Cy won't really cosplay Itsuki we all pretty much just doing Ragnarok.......I guss, but if he did i'd be pretty funny. Besides I don't think anyone would reconize us if we really did decide to cosplay Initial D. Oh btw since you do have the anime in it's subtitled format if you let me borrow it I could really enjoy it for all it's worth *hint hint. lol

oh yeah and don't worry about the payment i'm sure Nightmare will pay for you if you can't make it on time, then you can just pay him later I think he'll have to do that for several people anyway it shouldn't be a problem as long as he gets his money pretty soon ( he'll get cranky if people give it to him too late )

AKuMA G0
07-13-2003, 09:57 PM
i said i was just kidding, geez, now you're taking it seriously.
anyways, i'll pay him probably next month cuz i'm not sure if i'm going yet.
i dont really like other people paying for me; i'm not a begger when it comes to money $_$ only in tokens c_c ::sheeshing!::

if you watch Initial D, you probably wont like.
Cy said he didn't like it cuz it was in fansubs.
i dont see anything wrong with fansubs, i think they're pretty funny than regular subtitles and they have better humor.
in regular subtitles it's like an old man censoring strong language for children unlike fansubs where you listen to a person same age as you and translate it the way they talk to you.

ex: Japanes DBZ vs. English DBZ (HELL to HFIL)

Richard said he liked watching Initial D.
I dont know why Cy didn't like it.
I didn't like it the 1st time cuz the race was in CG,
and you know the reason why they use CG, Jehuty.
people that can't draw uses CG as their pencil, which will make easy for them.
if i became an animator, i'll only use CG if it was in multiple objects. still, i'll trust on my own skill.

Cy_
07-14-2003, 12:38 AM
- -; derrick you look like iggy more than me...

Carmila
07-14-2003, 09:44 AM
I have only seen the manga, and though I love tuners (had a few racer friends when I lived in Japan) I can't stand Intial D. It is like DBZ of the street racing world. You can miss like a whole manga and still know exactly what is going on since it takes so long for anything to happen!

themisfit_82
07-14-2003, 01:10 PM
I'm going to awa this year with like 20 friends(in 3 rooms).never been to a con before even though its only 1 hour from my house.we are all cosplaying but not from the same sources.heck me and the girl who invited me are going as genairic vampire hunters.

Jehuty
07-14-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Cy_
- -; derrick you look like iggy more than me...

Don't start Cy, besides you have his head XD. ok that was mean here's something to cheer you up, I bet they'll be a lot of chii's for you to hang with, I can't wait to see you :love: lol

themisfit_82 that's a pretty big group about twice the size that of ours, maybe we could combine them and form one ubber large group, and take over the con, heh j/k. Well i'm glad you're able to make it AWA should be a nice 1st con experiance I know it was for me and some of my firends, hence the reason why we're returning this year.

Wolf_Angel
07-15-2003, 08:51 AM
Hell yeah! I think that would rock I remember getting harassed by 40 something year old drunk guys at the ruby tuesdays bar last year...heh Vicious had to save me ^_^ But yeah totally i'll go with ya which would be better me in my lum costume or me in my armitage? Hehehe! talk to ya later darling!
-Loki

Carmila
07-15-2003, 09:35 AM
Loki you did the armitage costume last year? I missed talking to you but I wanted to compliment you on a job well done. It was the best one I have seen yet!

*cringes* God, no more Chiis or Summoner Yunas please! That was about all I saw at AWA last year, and I am kinda sick of it. It was like the Faye Valentine invasion a couple of years ago. Why don't people find something more original! I don't intend to be mean, but there are other costumes that are nice and easy to do as well.

But thank goodness AWA is going to be a bit nicer to cosplayers this year!

Jehuty
07-15-2003, 12:32 PM
lol I know Carmila Cy loves chii that's why I was teasing him, but yeah I hope this year isn't like that although I doubt i'll be much different, I can still foresee a lot of Chii's and Yuna's......( most likely X-2 version but yuna none the less ) you just have to see whatevers popular at the time, there will probally be a great decrease in Inuyahsa's this year though. Other than that I dunno who knows what we'll see 50 of lol

Carmila
07-15-2003, 09:59 PM
I will be taking popstar rikku with me, but that is the only FF related thing I have and NO Chii for me! Thank god!

Nightmare
07-16-2003, 12:56 AM
Haven't been on in a while... haha. Been playing some Initial D. And AdriAn, if you want to come with us... I want to know by the end of this week, along with the money... and I don't want to pay anymore peoples' way in... I've already put in over $60. I dont have any more money. Well, that'll be all for me tonight. :)