PDA

View Full Version : Is the Con by Chinatown???

number18
04-11-2003, 10:07 PM
My friend and I are under the impression that the con center is like...around Chinatown. We're uh...stupid kinda and Boston is crazy anyway, so if anyone has more detailed instructions or something on whereeeee exactly the con center is, it'd be mad appreciated. What I mean is like...does anyone know any landmarks of sorts it's around? Near Chinatown/within walking distance of Chinatown? Or what? Parking garages nearby? I would assume so since it's a hotel or something. So yeah. Help

^_^;;

Saiban
04-11-2003, 11:34 PM
I'm pretty sure it isnt near Chinatown.

Anime Boston 2003 is easily accessable via the T.

Taking the T to the convention:

-Take the Green Line to the Arlington stop.
-Leave the station through the exit marked "Park Plaza".
-Walk away from the station and the park (Public Garden).
-The Boston Park Plaza Hotel should be up ahead on your left. It has red awnings. The sign for "Whiskey Park" is visible on the corner of the hotel.

If you are coming to Boston via commuter rail, it provides service to a number of T stops such as North Station, South Station, Porter Square, and Back Bay. Each of those locations have a railmap, and can show you easy ways of getting around.

Maps and schedules are available on the MBTA web site.

Tourist Note: Boston's subway system is known as "The T". It's short for "MBTA" which is short for "Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority". All T stations, stops, and vehicles are marked with a black "T" in a white circle. You can ride it between almost any two stops with a $1 token.
Have atleast 10 dollars for tokens. It's a problem if you leave and realize you have to go back....

Koumori
04-12-2003, 08:07 AM
Actually, it's just a few blocks away from Chinatown. When I used to go to sci-fi cons there, we'd often send someone down to Chinatown for Thai iced coffees. Boston is, geographically, an incredibly small place.

There's a list of directions and parking garages on the AB website.

Saiban
04-12-2003, 08:21 AM
I guesssss I was wrong :D
*Lives near Boston, and spends 90% of his time there in chinatown with his friends....* Goes to show how much I know :/

Zan
04-12-2003, 09:21 AM
Mm, yeah it's only a few blocks walk... just don't try to take the T from Arlington to Chinatown... that's bound to take a lot longer than walking x__x

number18
04-12-2003, 12:40 PM
Yeah actually we checked out the map to the hotel on it's own website, which was really helpful and very clear on what was where. Apparently, the hotel is right near Newbury Street, the Boston Common and another park...so like....those are really big markers themselves. So yeah. I think we're okay now on directions. Thanks for the help, fellas...

And if anyone else is having trouble, check out the map on the Boston Plaza's webpage. There's a link to it on the animeboston webpage.