PDA

View Full Version : Meadowknight's Anything under the sun with a touch of Resident Evil thread!!

Meadowknight
03-19-2007, 04:22 AM
Okay, to those of you who are my buddies, those who may want to be, and to the mods..please give this thread a chance because I want to see how a relaxed thread with little rules goes, and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I've posted it in the games section in attempt to draw people with some of the same cosplay interests (sorry if this was the wrong spot, please let me know). I've only really attended a couple of threads on cosplay.com, the Resident Evil thread, and the dateing thread that was linked to me randomly through AIM several months ago. Frustration in the dateing thread of people always b!tching and moaning about "can we please stay on topic!" and general uptightness has lead me to want to start my own! here you can discuss relationships to ant farms, as long as your posts are imaginitive and interesting!

In this thread, more importantly than anything else..HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!! Most of us work jobs we don't like, and have some form of static in our lives..so this thread is for cosplayers to unwind, become friends, and let the conversation flow naturally. I think this thread will also help keep the very entertaining Resident Evil Cosplay Thread a bit more on topic, and we can goof off here instead some of the time out of respect for those who are getting annoyed by some of our antics XD!!

The only things I ask you to keep in mind here, is please try to respect each others opinions and "agree to disagree" should opinions clash, and they WILL since we all have different brains. Also use common sense (don't be to overly crude, etc, treat people well) and try not to be hypersensitive to strong opinions or mild trash talk..IT'S THE INTERNET, let's not take ourselves so seriously.

So at that, have fun..and if you're into Resident Evil, YOU GET EXTRA COOKIES! :cheers: If you're a Treky(sp? lol) or Narutard you get a swift kick to the groin (even if you're a girl!) !! ...because I'm just THAT unfair.

..I kid, I kid...;)!

Leadmill
03-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Great idea Meadow, this way we don't get some weenie ratting on us for not keeping to the status quo!

Pincer
03-19-2007, 10:19 AM
You've all been reported for being retardedly fun in the threads to the Mods. Be ready for a butt whooping. **chuckle**

random_idiot
03-19-2007, 10:57 AM
I have been thinking about doing the same thing myself but was always against it cause...I don't really care that much? But I'm glad you did cause now we can just BS and just talk. That thread was getting really annoying and regardless of being "on/off" topic we can see exactly what happens when you get back on...NOTHING. The posts died so fast when the mod came back on and told everyone to be on topic cause you can only post so much. Not the mods fault, just saying that not everyone has a cosplay story (and it seemed like with that many, EVERYONE with a story posted already).

Well, thanks for the new thread, let's keep this fun and entertaining!

And Pincer...you JUST couldn't resist could you...

HanakoWings
03-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Yes! I get extra cookies! I hate my job, I have to deal with people everyday. But the money is good. It would be nice to have a place where I can voice out my opninons and not have people bitch at me or say, "can you do this for me?" even though I'm not paid to do it and I can't say "go do it your god damn self". Anyways, I just hope they don't bitch about this not being on topic, so to keep it on topic, does anyone else find Leon a little annoying when he sits on that chair in Resident Evil 4? God! I wanted to shoot him! But he's cute, so no shooting.

CliffnCain
03-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Guess we could call this resident evil thread numero duex since i get the feeling most of the RE cosplay gang will post in here...oh and yeah I agree with you its kinda annoying wanting to talk about something and being told to stay on topic

avitjacobson
03-19-2007, 11:20 AM
I also like the topicless idea, since that was annoying being whined at regularly tog et on-topic; good plan!

Spetsnaz
03-19-2007, 01:48 PM
COMRADES!!!!

I HAVE BROUGHT VODKA!

:cheers:

CliffnCain
03-19-2007, 01:54 PM
COMRADES!!!!

I HAVE BROUGHT VODKA!

:cheers:

CELEBRATION!!! *takes a sip*

Archelon
03-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Can't wait to see how long this thread lasts.

Meadowknight
03-19-2007, 02:44 PM
BWAAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHA!!!! Hopefullly we can keep our little thread here, I guess this will be a good test to see how forgiving and relaxed the mods are here. Hey, even if it only lasts a few weeks or less (but I'm hopeing it will stick around a while) WE WILL HAVE OUR COUPLE WEEKS OF POSTING FREEDOM!!!!!! BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN TO FADE AWAY!!!

Lol, that part with Leon makes me laugh..never heard of it annoying someone XD!! We should get Arch to pose like that then you can shoot him.

Bleh, well sorry for the brief post, but I must be off to work to serve the b!tches of valencia >.>. Seriously, how can you be so damned grumpy buying puppy food??!! REMOVE THE XXL RAWHIDE FROM YOUR BUTT PEOPLE!

Thanks for the support guys, have fun and I'll check back late tonight when I get home (closing shift).

CliffnCain
03-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Bleh, well sorry for the brief post, but I must be off to work to serve the b!tches of valencia >.>. Seriously, how can you be so damned grumpy buying puppy food??!! REMOVE THE XXL RAWHIDE FROM YOUR BUTT PEOPLE!

Thanks for the support guys, have fun and I'll check back late tonight when I get home (closing shift).

i dunno maybe something to do with puppy food killing puppys... *hides super strength rat poision*

oh yeah im your posting advertisment for this thread, take a look at the sig! *points*

HanakoWings
03-19-2007, 03:11 PM
XD. He just so stuck up in it! XD. I gottz to go to, to cell cell phones to people who don't deserve them. Stupid people. But meh. I really do hope it last, or we might have to find anothe rforum, one not necessarily here in cosplay.com

Yay for Vodka! Isn't that made out of potatoes?

kitsuneth
03-19-2007, 04:15 PM
HEY!!! why haven't I posted on this thread yet???!!! >.<

WHAT'S UP GUYS!!! nice to see most of my friends here! ^_____^

HanakoWings
03-19-2007, 04:38 PM
HEY!!! why haven't I posted on this thread yet???!!! >.<

WHAT'S UP GUYS!!! nice to see most of my friends here! ^_____^

XD. Yer slow. Kidding. I just hope to God this doesn't close, I mean I have so much to whine and bitch about. XD. not really. I just like to get off topic alot. But yay!

random_idiot
03-19-2007, 04:40 PM
First off...on/off topic...how can you be off topic when there IS no topic to talk about? So feel free to just talk (just don't be offensive please or face the wrath of Meadow).

Anyway, my job sucks too. I'm in the AF and one thing I hate about it is the fact that you get absolutely no respect or anything because I'm an airman...that's BS. I work my ass off and they treat me like I'm dirt. And that's just how it runs in the AF. Some bases are better than others but so far I've never gotten anything out of it. Most likely I'm getting out next year. Then I can work for EB Games freely and dress up as different characters and have wacky hair!!

HanakoWings
03-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Ugh, in my job, I can't wear what I want. I can't even wear jeans! It's a pin. We also get people that want us to do everything for them! From changing the language on their phone to the ringtone! I mean, read the manual. Argh! It just pisses me off.

Also, in case this dies, anyone know of a forum we can all go to so that we can bable like this? You know, withouth mods breathing down our back?

padgett87
03-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Wow first I miss the relationship thread before it crashed and burned, so no macking on lonely girls for me,but If allowable I will join this thread to just BS around because it seems that almost every other thread I post on I get overlooked for some reason

First Off: Vodka ,spaseba(flicks side of neck)- a russian taught me that gesture

and I think Im the only one that likes my job, I get great pay, travel and my boss his helping me make my Deathnote scythe and Zangetsu from Bleach

oh yeah and to stay on "Topic" 4....itchy...tastey

Lil_Neko-Chan
03-19-2007, 06:48 PM
*SPLASH!*

what....its warm...i wanna go swimming...

anywayz...

RESiDENT EViL (just to be on topic...im too poor for video games...need money for college tuition >.< stupid FASFA bastards....)

HanakoWings
03-19-2007, 06:59 PM
I want to play Resident Evil 5 already. I just know that if it comes out on the wii, Im abe one of those retards that is constatly screaming at everything because I actually have to move with the remote.

kitsuneth
03-19-2007, 07:32 PM
lol! i do that too! (move with remote) that is... when i play... which isn't very often! XD and OMG i finnished most of my wings <3 (for ANBU chouji with wings) (from naruto) i just have to put on all kinds of blue tissuepaper!!! <333

oh, and for my own purposes of looking in the search engine with only one word: conneticon

Michi
03-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Look, we (the moderators/staff) understand that members want to have threads where they can just post whatever. But threads are meant for discussion about certain topics. They aren't meant to be something where you go back and hang out like a chat room.
We DID have an "anything goes" board like that a long time ago. It was called the "Babble Board" where threads could be posted about whatever anybody wanted. People posted anything from talking about what they did that day, silly thread games, complaining about a bad day at work, etc. We also had places like Serious Discussion and The Rant Board. However, all of it really got out of hand, and they had to be closed down. It's the usual deal with a few people messing things up for everyone, you know?
It really is a shame that it happened; believe me when I say that I understand! For example, the Babble Board was never my thing, but I honestly really enjoyed the Serious Discussion board. Please remember that Cosplay.com will be 5 years old this May; things have developed and changed a lot over the years. There are a lot of places online where you can freely chat about whatever, and maybe someday Cosplay.com will have extra forums or a chat again. But right now we don't, so please just understand that. I think the Non-Cosplay forums we DO have are really great, considering this board has so many amazing features and nobody is expected to pay for any of it.

So, as some of you already guessed, this thread is going to have to be closed. I hope you can understand! :lost: It's definitely not out of spite, or because we don't want anyone to have fun. It's just how things are for the forums right now.