PDA

View Full Version : What should I go as? Your opinion helps! :)

Marth
08-19-2002, 08:47 PM
Hi I'm new here and I've been thinking in starting to create a costume for the upcoming AnimeCon and if I can't make it, for the next SD Comic Con. Here's what I've been thinking of:

Prince Marth- From Fire Emblem

Sanosuke Sagara- From Rurouni Kenshin

Dark Magician or Celtic Guardian- From Yu-Gi-Oh!

:bouncer: Thanks for your opinions:bouncer:

Nietsche
08-19-2002, 09:32 PM
I say good choices so go for it! ^^

other than that I have no other opinions....
Oh..except maybe go as Marth! :)

Ayaka
08-19-2002, 11:10 PM
I don't have anything against people doing him, but I can say that Sano gets cosplayed a lot. So if you're into being original, that's something to consider. ^^ I don't really know the other characters . . . . ^^;;;

KuroBara
08-20-2002, 12:17 AM
Oooh, I'd love to see one of the Yu-Gi-Oh cosplays. For such a popular show, it doesn't get many cosplayers. A really cool duel monster seen later in the series is the dark magician of chaos. It's a lot of deep blueish black leather, belts & hotness.

Yes, I find duel monsters attractive >_< Seriously, go for one of the monsters. I'd glomp you!

JigokuSchuldich
08-20-2002, 01:37 AM
I agree with Kuro ^_^. There aren't a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh cosplayers out there, and a lot of people are getting into the anime, game, and the card battles ^_^.

Yesh...The Dark Magician is hot..o.o But it looks awfully heavy wearing his gears though. ^_^ With the cony hat he wears ^_^. Maybe the Celtic Guardian is less complex?

KuroBara
08-20-2002, 02:16 AM
http://store4.yimg.com/I/dragonballzcentral_1695_43296957

Dark magician of chaos is on the left! Sorry, I spent the weekend watching my friends Yu-Gi-Oh dvds, and fell in love with his character design. It's really complex, involves some face paint, vinyl, & a big headpiece. The pic doesn't show it, but his hair is waist-length. Hmm, if I were to crossplay...

Marth
08-20-2002, 02:36 PM
thanx all... I guess Sano is out since I wanna be original...
but thanks for the Magician of Black Chaos idea Kuro!
I'll talk to my friends to see if we can all go as Yu-Gi-Oh! characters.

But for now we're thinking of going as Marth and Roy from Fire Emblem/SSBM

If you have more IDEAS I'll be waiting for them!

Thanx again to all of you :D

Kusanagi
09-07-2002, 02:52 AM
By "Friends" I assume you mean me?

I ain't doin' Yu-gi-oh. I like the SSBM idea tho

Chosuke
09-07-2002, 09:47 AM
Oooh Marth! -glompage- I have NEVER seen a Marth done before,I think that if you put some time into it you could get some serious recognition from being him and look major cool!..not to mention he's a hottie..o.o;

RainbowSheltie
09-18-2002, 12:41 AM
I LOVE YU GI OH!!! Are you guys dressing up as YU GI OH??????? cool... I never have the time to do any others costumes that are cool. (I have to many already I have to do) Plus my friends asked me to help them... But, I LOVE the designs for the YU GI OH series. I would love to see pictures of those cosplaying YU GI OH sometime. the monsters are cool, and not many people do YU GI OH costumes.

KuroBara
09-18-2002, 12:44 AM
There's some pics of my boyfriend as Kaiba here: http://breaktheshell.fateback.com/otakon
The only other YGO I saw at Otakon was a Magician of Faith. I'm glad to see another YGO fan here ^_^ *points to avatar* (the american champion)

aeva
09-18-2002, 04:10 PM
I must say.... Sanosuke. Go as Sanosuke. I love him. He's hot and really desperate to jump in the sack with Kenshin. But honestly, I reallyn haven't seen that many Sanosukes. o.O I think I only saw 2 between Shoujocon and AXNY.

.....the fangirl will shut up now.

Lstar19
01-10-2004, 10:37 PM
Those r all good ideas but it seems like u enjoy shigurie and fruits basketb so what about cosplaying as him of keo or yuki, hatsuharu hatori ayami or even akito!

cutekawaii
01-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Read my user quote.

~Nikki

ChibiRydia
01-11-2004, 08:13 AM
Wow, that's great advice, CuteKawaii! How nice of you! It's great to have such a wonderful helpful resource in you at Cosplay.com!!! :untrust:

Now in all seriousness, I think Cosplay.com is a great resource for anyone interested in cosplay, whether for those new to cosplay or seasoned veterans. I always seem to get even my most difficult costume troubles answered here!

Now Marth, - as a new user, I think it is great that you are asking people to give their sage-like advice for helping picking the right costume. It's sometimes tough narrowing it down isn't it? The ideas you have been given on this thread so far are SUPER and I hope whichever ones you end up doing, give it your all. Make sure they are ones that you, too, feel strongly about, and they will undoubtedly turn out much, much better! I wish you the best of luck! :bigtu:

*BlackRose*
01-11-2004, 10:12 AM
GO AS MARTH! or one of the cards from yu-gi-oh!

cutekawaii
01-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Wow, that's great advice, CuteKawaii! How nice of you! It's great to have such a wonderful helpful resource in you at Cosplay.com!!! What can I say.

I don't like to answer questions that don't have an answer. Who should you cosplay? Whoever you damn well please.

~Nikki

ChibiRydia
01-11-2004, 11:43 AM
Then why on God's green Earth are you posting here?

If you have nothing useful to say, why waste your time?