PDA

View Full Version : Platformed white Mary-janes and blood stains

kyuuketsuki
08-19-2002, 10:01 PM
Bizzare questions really, but I've got a nice image of Mana(Malice Mizer) in this white labcaot thingy and he's wearing platformed white mary-janes and has fake blood stains on his arm and the front of the coat
Seeing as I want to do this costume for prolly Halloween and if I like it well enough I'll take it to AX03, so anyone have any helping hints as to where in the hech to find those shoes and how to make those blood stains???

Oops, forgot this one.....anybody got any hints for successful binding???? Rosiel-sama, I know you do it....help, onegai!!!!

ReiChan
08-19-2002, 11:34 PM
How high of a platform? You can check howcool.com, they have all sorts of funky shoes.

Himemiya
08-20-2002, 07:29 AM
fake blood is available everywhere, but if you're short on cash, mix a bit of baby shampoo with a few drops of red food coloring and *one* drop of blue (for darkness).
play around with the mixture to get the shade and thickness you want, and then go outside and drip your blood on the jacket ^.^ if you put hairspray on it after it's dried, it won't 'bleed' (pardon the pun) or wipe off or anything... let it set for a day or so before adding more for darkness too ^.^

Rosiel
08-20-2002, 08:45 AM
> Rosiel-sama, I know you do it....help, onegai!!!!

I hear you my child... (joke)
(lol)

I think there is a thread on this somewhere but I will repeat myself... you need 1 sports bra, 1 self-stick ace-bandage (for ankle injuries or wider, the wider the better) and a few safety pins (for, well, safety, in case the ace bandage unsticks itself).

1. Put on the sports bra. I generally don't use one but it's better if you feel faint and people need to cut you out of the ace bandage (think women and corsets).

2. Move your breasts to the top-outside (towards armpits), flattening them, and wrap the bandage securely around. Make sure you can still breathe. ^___^ Your chest will be constricted, and you will have to take shallower breaths than usual, but you should not feel any other discomfort.

3. Safety-pin the end... because sometimes it unsticks itself.

Voila! A little-boy figure!

kyuuketsuki
08-20-2002, 05:24 PM
Arigato himemiya...i had a bit of knowledge on fake blood from my vampire craze but finding something to keep it from 'bleeding' was beyond me...i needed it to 'bleed' ^_~

>How high of a platform?

roughly 2" with about 4" heels ^^;; Myumyu says try a kink shop.....oro @-@

*glomps rosiel* arigato rosiel-sama!!! *laughs* umm....i've had tooooo much sugar today....

thanks the three of you.....i'm gonna need practice on this whole binding thing tho....^^;;;

*runs off to buy sports bra*

Rosiel
08-20-2002, 06:34 PM
I'll second the idea of going to howcool.com although one note, when it says "ships in 1-5 weeks" it means they need to order it and have it shipped to them, THEN they will ship it to you.

So try to order early.

I think hot topic had platform Mary Janes too... although I think they were black.

Integral
08-23-2002, 07:37 PM
The shoes shouldn't be TOO hard to find >..<
I did that illuminati costume this past summer. I didn't get my shoes in time for the con I wore my costume to, though, but then again.. there were a few small inaccuracies.... But overall, I was very proud of the end result XP Looked months and months for the perfect top.
http://www.paper-wings.org/gallery/mana.html
shameless self-promotion, whee!
I had my Kozi, too, and because of his most awesome flashdancing, we managed to get quite a few laughs at the A-kon J-pop cosplay contest. XD

Kusanagi
08-26-2002, 03:35 PM
Try the local thrift store. You wouldn't believe how many things you can pick up for a costume at a thrift store. ^_^