PDA

View Full Version : The What Costume/What Day Thread

Something Lulu
04-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Well, it's officially the week of the con. This raises the question of...

What costumes are you wearing?
and
On what days are you wearing each?

(Okay so that was two questions.) I know a lot can happen in a week, but try to speculate, or list what you plan to do as of now. This might help to work out photo op type stuff, groups, or even just let ppl know what characters to look out for on certain days if you want to meet up.

In answer to my own questions:
Friday I'll be wearing a revised version of my old Tifa costume. I don't want to feel cold or naked, so I've given it a more goth look that will allow me to be more covered, and also feel like I'm wearing a different costume. I feel like I wore Tifa a lot last year, so I wanted to do something different with it, since I like being the character. You'll probably spot me hanging onto a Cloud dressed in drag lol.
Saturday I'll be dressed as Lulu the whole day, wearing it to the cosplay.com photoshoot and in the Masquerade.
Sunday I probably won't be at the con very long, but for the time I am there I'll be dressed as Dita from Chobits. It's possible but unlikely that my boyfriend will be dressed as Jima with me.

I can't wait to see everyone there! Even though I should be stressing about finishing stuff, I'm too excited to worry about it.

Koumori
04-12-2003, 10:53 PM
Friday: Belldandy, until I get sick of it and change into jeans.

Saturday: White Mage Yuna if it exists by then; Toshiya or Nuriko if it doesn't. I'll be accompanied by my best friend wearing a Miyu costume I made for her.

shiroi_yukiko
04-12-2003, 11:00 PM
Saturday: Toshiya!

Koumoriiiiiiii: *poke poke* Wear the Toshiya, wear the Toshiya! XD

Saiban
04-12-2003, 11:06 PM
Unfortunatly I won't be dressing up :/
Maybe you'll spot me though :D

Gothic_Lulu
04-12-2003, 11:13 PM
Friday:

Aeris: Yeah, nothing special but instead of carrying a staff I will have a basket full of Easter candy for everyone there ^_^

Saturday:

Edea: This is going to be interesting lol....this is for the photoshoot at the masquerade ^_^

Sunday:

Lulu: I can't wait to wear it ^_^

chibi chii
04-12-2003, 11:18 PM
umm, i guess ill be kikyo on evry single day, maybe kagome on sunday if i can make the costume in a week??

EvilMoogleQueen
04-12-2003, 11:33 PM
friday: none

saturday: robin

sunday: mirelle (hopefully...)

Koumori
04-13-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by warumono

Koumoriiiiiiii: *poke poke* Wear the Toshiya, wear the Toshiya! XD

*eyeroll* Okay, you want me to wear Toshiya. Hikura's offered me like five boxes of Pocky to finish Yuna. Tsuki wants to see Neptune. At this point I'm either gonna flip a coin or just wear jeans. ;)

ChibiRinoa
04-13-2003, 08:02 AM
so far i think i am only going on saturday....

sat: somehow im going to try and wear Sailor Neptune for the morning and mid afternoon and then change into Rinoa
i have got to convince my parents to drive us up on friday >.<

lialia
04-13-2003, 09:24 AM
friday: tifa during the day and clubhouse, umi later on prolly not for too long tho
saturday: dark gunner yuna most of the day, then tifa for masq
sunday: ive got to work on easter evil evil bosses!

kitty_neko
04-13-2003, 09:33 AM
friday - Riku (KH)

saturday - MAYBE Chii (Chobits) but i'm not so sure anymore.... and definetely Squall (FFVIII)

sunday - whatever was most comfortable =P

number18
04-13-2003, 09:47 AM
Hmm...I'll be Cyborg Number 18 every day I'm going...which is Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday.

However, I've got it into my head to wear two different Red Ribbon Army vests on two different days. One is shorter in length and more accurate, technically, than the other...but I like the other one too. So I will wear both ....no one might notice the difference really. So yeah. I'll probably get mad tired of walking around in heels ALL day long so I might change into something more comfortable for the feet. I've been trying to think of maybe putting together an alternate costume of 18 that she wears...just the vest and some capri jeans...but I dont have capri jeans anymore and blahblahblah...and once AGAIN, I'm rambling.

So yeah, 18gou all three days. ^,^

Cocoa
04-13-2003, 10:51 AM
Friday, I'll be Yolei/Miyako Inoue from Digimon...wearing it on the train too, actually ^^ Saturday is the S/S looove day, which means of course I'll be the Tokyo Babylon Seishirou in the red suit, not to be confused with the X Seishirou in black (Destra) and the TB vet!Seishirou (Skuld)...I think we may have one more S/S pair, but I don't know. Sunday I'll be wearing pretty church clothes in the morning, and if my friend digs up her boots like she promised she would, X18 Subaru after church. Looking forward to seeing all the pretty costumes ^^

sailor-moon
04-13-2003, 11:54 AM
friday: school uniform usagi and maybe yaten
saterday :eternal SM and Princess(maybe)
sunday: Sara (AS)

TyJILDown
04-13-2003, 12:12 PM
Friday: Wallmarket Cloud of FF7 (I won't mind you clinging to me Something_Lulu =P)
Saturday: Sivil of Macross 7 (I will be wearing this ALL day from the afternoon through the Masquerade)
Sunday: Nothing

JacksUsername
04-13-2003, 12:16 PM
Friday - Wolverine costume- casual wear with leather jacket and props and such

Saturday- Moulin Rouge inspired costume.

Sunday- I'm going to be generic costumed person. I'm piecing together all different costumes and stuff....Hopefully I'll have a turtle neck black shirt, with a tan tuic above it, with commando boots and black sweatpants. Probably a bandana as well.

Saiban
04-13-2003, 12:25 PM
Friday - Myself
Saturday- Myself
Sunday- Havent decided, I'm leaning towards myself though :)

Lafiel
04-13-2003, 01:42 PM
Its a tough choice!

Friday - Vanilla from Valanoir
www.himearts.com/vanilla.jpg
If you see me say Hi!
And let me take a couple pictures of you :)

Saturday - Hikaru from P9, with the whole cast.
Hopefully can change out of that early into Lafiel.

Sunday - Mint from Galaxy Angel or Lafiel

RichAyanami
04-13-2003, 04:26 PM
Friday - black and white schoolgirlish person...

Saturday - Kyo of some kind XD I don't know which one yet...heh

Sunday - originally Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell, but now, just a generic Ghost in the Shell cop... ;_;

TyJILDown
04-13-2003, 07:14 PM
Lafiel...I LOVE that Vanilla costume. Definatly expect me to take pictures with you ^_^

Mako-san
04-13-2003, 09:44 PM
Oh wow, that Vanilla costume is gonna be cute!! Must take pics!!

oh okay Friday :
Ashura-RG VedaThis will be Friday Morn/Afternoon
Lolita This will be Friday Night
Saturday
Asuka-Real Bout High School Manga This will be Morn/aftern
EGA-Aristocrat This will be Sat Night
Nothing planned on Sunda, I usually don't dress cause of checkout and such but who knows ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing you all!

EvilMoogleQueen
04-13-2003, 10:00 PM
maybe i'll wear my moogle costume on friday. its a pretty bad costume... i made it for halloween last year o_O

JacksUsername
04-13-2003, 10:18 PM
a moogle costume??? ooooooooooo, i wanna see :) you should wear it because it sounds cool.

Something Lulu
04-13-2003, 10:37 PM
If you wear your Moogle costume on Friday we can take some cool FF pics. ^_^

kitty-neko, If you wear Chii on Sunday I'll be wearing my Dita costume, but if it's a hassle for you to wear it that day I'll understand.

My work schedule got all messed up this week and it sets off my costume making schedule. >_< Looks like I'm not getting much sleep this week.

kitty_neko
04-13-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Something Lulu

kitty-neko, If you wear Chii on Sunday I'll be wearing my Dita costume, but if it's a hassle for you to wear it that day I'll understand.

nii, now i gotta think about it more... @.@
then i probably will bring it.... but its not definete and i'll have to figure a few things out before i can say it is (gotta see if i'll be able to carry all those things AND pack them... also not too keen about the wig ._.; )

Something Lulu
04-14-2003, 12:22 AM
It's up to you. ^_^ I'll be wearing Dita on Sunday no matter what.

Kas
04-14-2003, 03:25 PM
ooh hmm.. well

Friday: EGA outfit
Saturday: Malik Istar -Yu-gi-oh
Sunday: EGA outfit

Look forward to seeing everyone's costumes..

EvilMoogleQueen
04-14-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by JacksUsername
a moogle costume??? ooooooooooo, i wanna see :) you should wear it because it sounds cool.

its really bad... I took some cat ears (actually theyre rabit ears...) and glued a pipe cleaner and pompom on top...:thumbsup:

but hey its cute and I have nothing else planned for friday so I guess i'll wear it. besides, everyone loves a moogle.

Koumori
04-14-2003, 10:08 PM
Okay. Thinking ahead now, I'm thinking that I won't be wanting to wear that Belldandy outfit for 12 hours on Friday. So maybe I'll bring comfortable clothes in a gym bag. If that works out, I'll try doing the same thing on Saturday.. start out wearing Toshiya and then change into a costume that's actually comfortable (Yuna if she's ready) later in the day.

TyJILDown
04-14-2003, 10:16 PM
Koumori, if you need storage space at the con you could probably stash your bag or extra costumes in our room ^^

JacksUsername
04-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by EvilMoogleQueen
its really bad... I took some cat ears (actually theyre rabit ears...) and glued a pipe cleaner and pompom on top...:thumbsup:

but hey its cute and I have nothing else planned for friday so I guess i'll wear it. besides, everyone loves a moogle.

hehe, still sounds awesome though, my first con, so seeing a live moogle in the same room will definetly be a new thing to me ....plus my claws have in print on them "When using any striking tool, eye protection is mandatory" I'm a safe wolverine....so i guess friday will be the "resourcefullness costume day" :)

Something Lulu
04-14-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by JacksUsername
....plus my claws have in print on them "When using any striking tool, eye protection is mandatory" I'm a safe wolverine....so i guess friday will be the "resourcefullness costume day" :)

LOL @ the claws...would you mind if I got a pic of them? That's the kind thing I find funny.
As for resourcefulness day...I think I fall into that, too. I know I'm probably going too look like I was too lazy to make a real Tifa costume, but screw it. I made one, I wore it a lot, and I'm tired of feeling cold in it. As proof of this, here's a pic of me waiting to get into Comic Con on the last day. http://satokasunoai.crosswinds.net/cc02/sunday4.html Don't be fooled - just cuz it's California doesn't mean it's warm all the time! (We're wrapped up in Enishi's super scarf. We had so much fun with that thing lol.) It would just be sad to see me in Boston wearing that thing. I was once told I look like a scared hamster when I'm cold because I start shivering. Scared Hamster Tifa? Not a pretty sight.
omg what am I babbling about? lol I need to go work on my costumes so I'll have something to wear to this con!

JacksUsername
04-14-2003, 10:47 PM
hehe, pictures are fine, first convention costume, so I'll be taking a bunch myself to go back and laugh at the craftsmanship.

Ah! You're shattering my stereotypes of California...its always sunny and always warm...i have to believe this or my world will come shattering down. and as for Hamster Tifa....O_O *pictures Hamtaro and FF7 crossover*

I'm going to have nightmares now about hamsters fighting sephiroth.

Ashe
04-15-2003, 12:37 AM
Hmm, I think my plan is as follows:

Friday - Robin
Saturday- Quon and Azalyn
Sun- either Quon again or Nuriko... I just can't decide what to wear for Easter Sunday. Anyone planning on doing anything special for Easter?

Oshi
04-15-2003, 01:12 AM
Friday - Rufus Shinra (New costume!)
Saturday - Tidus definately in the evening, maybe Seifer in the afternoon
Sunday - Plainclothes, or Seifer; depends how early we leave.

Koumori
04-15-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by TyJILDown
Koumori, if you need storage space at the con you could probably stash your bag or extra costumes in our room ^^

You're sweet. :) Thanks! But I think I'll just check my bag. Or else stash it in the trunk of my car.

number18
04-15-2003, 11:23 AM
man Lafiel, that vanilla costume looks cool. I hope I get to have some pics of you dressed as Lafiel though! You look so cool in that costume. ^_^

Oh well. All this what costume/what day chatter has me trying to figure out that if I was going to make another costume for a con, what the hell would it be. All I can think of is Miriya Genius, Claudia or Misa from Macross...or some 2d figher chick like Sakura or Maki...other than that, I can't think of anything. Maybe I'll cosplay Clover from Blue Monday. lol...that's so lame though, I'd be wearing all my regular clothes. Hmm...I like Dorothy from The Big O...

Lafiel
04-15-2003, 11:58 AM
TyJILDown & Numner 18:
Aww thanks! I hope to be as cute as the picture, I have a bad feeling I don't make a good looking blonde.

There is a big group of gals from the show. I should post them up maybe can have a group of them at Otakon or something. My friend is being the red hair girl (Main).

http://www.titokyo.co.jp/elements/

Number 18: Tough choices :) Fighter girlies are always popular and cute ^^. Looking at your pictures your sakura costume looks good!

I'm leaving tomorrow ! WEEEEEEEEE!!

Something Lulu
04-16-2003, 12:59 PM
I just got an idea for the Saturday night dance. I know I'm not going to want to wear Lulu to it (I can barely walk in it, let alone dance lol. And I think I'd have to kill the inevitable person who stepped on my lace.), so I'm going to pack the dress I was going to use as an original Dita costume, and wear that. I wore it to my prom way back when so I know I can dance in it. ^_^

number18
04-16-2003, 04:49 PM
Sweet idea, Something LuLu. I am actually going to wear a cheapo rip off another #18 costume, where she's got bear arms and whatnot. Wish I could wear my mary janes to the dance, but I'll need sneaks if I'm breakin. w00t to that! Back to that costume though. What's lame is that I will think it's a decent #18 costume, but probably nobody else will recognize the elements to it. Yar harhar...

here's to dancing in costume! =lots of rowdy cheering=

Something Lulu
04-16-2003, 06:15 PM
Bear arms?! lol That sounds so cool, I can't wait to see it.

SuboshiBoy
04-16-2003, 08:48 PM
Hey I'm new but I'll only being cosplaying on Saturday as Suboshi,..all of my friends backed out on cosplaying so I thought I would try and meet other people who are wOOT!

Allia
04-16-2003, 09:36 PM
SuboshiBoy some of my friends backed out on me too.*sad face*

Mako-san your doing a costume from Real bout Highschool that is so cool.

I'll be Merle all three days unless I should bring my very old sailor moon or cammy costume.
What do you guys think I should do? Should I stick with one costume or bring the others. We do have room in my car now that some people droped out.

JacksUsername
04-16-2003, 09:56 PM
*cough* bring others! Seeing other costumes is always good, unless you're really attatched to the Merle costume. I'm a sailor moon enthusiast, so that'd be cool. Your choice though!

TyJILDown
04-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Ack I wanna bring separate boots to wear for the Dance but Oshi will kill me once he sees the size of my bag the way it is...this will be fun fitting bags into his trunk ^^;;

EvilMoogleQueen
04-16-2003, 10:04 PM
theres dances all three nights right?

JacksUsername
04-16-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by TyJILDown
Ack I wanna bring separate boots to wear for the Dance but Oshi will kill me once he sees the size of my bag the way it is...this will be fun fitting bags into his trunk ^^;;

YIKES! i didn't even think of shoes for the dance...i can barely move properly with the military boots I'll be wearing...*ponders of an easy solution w/o having to carry more stuff*

Evilmooglequeen: On the site it just has the dances listed as Friday and Saturday.

http://www.animeboston.com/events/dances.html

SuboshiBoy
04-16-2003, 10:23 PM
I will probably change out of my costume to go to the dances

kitty_neko
04-17-2003, 09:12 AM
alright, ive decided:

friday - Riku (KH)

saturday - Squall (FFVIII)

sunday - Chii (Chobits)

my mom has been on my case because we can barely fit everything in the car ^_^;;;;

AnnaNeko
04-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Friday: bleh.... I have school... so shall pick whatever is most <i>normal</i> lookin for outside world.... Most likely Ruriko from GateKeepers

Saturday: for sure : Ruri-ruri w/ baka mallet!!

Sunday: not sure... either Chii or Erika....

Gothic_Lulu
04-17-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by kitty_neko
alright, ive decided:

friday - Riku (KH)

saturday - Squall (FFVIII)

sunday - Chii (Chobits)

my mom has been on my case because we can barely fit everything in the car ^_^;;;;

Cool, on Saturday I can take pics with you because I am wearing Edea on that day ^__^

rei_hino
04-17-2003, 02:41 PM
im goin friday but if i go saturday im being just an ordinary otaku

Something Lulu
04-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by kitty_neko
sunday - Chii (Chobits)

yay! ^_^ We have to take some cool pics together. Can't wait to see your other costumes, too.

So I've got Friday - Tifa, Saturday - Lulu, Dita (original) at the dance, and Sunday - Dita (regular).

lialia
04-17-2003, 09:00 PM
something lulu i gotta get a pic with you on sat in that dress i cant wait to see it. ill be in my dark gunner yuna

i cant even believe the lace on it you have skills