PDA

View Full Version : Hellsing Cosplayers at AWA

LolitaVanWinkle
03-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone is going to be cosplaying anyone from Hellsing to AWA.

I'm going to be going as Rip van Winkle from Hellsing and I would like to know if anyone else is for sure cosplaying.

(UPDATE!)

Alright, I still want to know if anyone is cosplaying Hellsing to AWA but I also want to know if anyone cosplaying Hellsing is going to the AWA Ball? Why? This is why.

I recently read a Hellsing fanfic where all the Hellsing characters went to a masked ball in pretty outfits that still had themes from their original outfits.

Since I'm going to be going as Rip from Hellsing, I'm going to be doing a dress where she has her jacket but it's over a black lace dress with a black mask that has raven and peacock feathers on it.

So bottum line, any one want to do this?

DalaiLiam
03-25-2007, 07:33 PM
*shakes magic 8 ball* Try again later.

Xenida
03-26-2007, 09:58 PM
I don't know, I might do a father Anderson cosplay, but I want to make his trench coat entirely white, with him wearing black clothes. I'm afraid if I do this, people won't recognize him.

LolitaVanWinkle
04-01-2007, 02:40 PM
As long as you have the hair, cross, scar, and bayonetts you'll be fine.

Blue Eyed Matador
04-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Will very likely be there with both versions of my Integra.

Fayte
04-09-2007, 09:30 PM
I know my friend is going as Anderson or Vladcard, not sure which one yet though. I think if I have time I might do the captain.

TechieCL
04-09-2007, 10:20 PM
My wildgeese merc / hellsing trooper will be making an appearance.

Blue Eyed Matador
04-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Oooh I'm excited to see the Hellsing peeps doing a variety of costumes <3

Draculina
04-17-2007, 11:46 PM
yeah, yeah, i guess i'll probably either whip out seras or schro for the one or two hours a photoshoot would last...i dunno...trying to organize this group for last year's AWA burned me out and the pics were'nt that fantastic...i guess we'll see...

DalaiLiam
04-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Hmm.. tac vest should be done pretty soon. All I have left to do are sew pockets/pouches. I'm thinking of taking pip to the Contest since I've invested alot of time working on the vest/bags/ect since the last time I thought I was "Finished" with this project.

DalaiLiam
04-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Bumping underactive thread.

TechieCL
04-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Though I probably wont' be debuting or working on the other parts till after AWA...I just put in an order for an airsoft Mauser for a Millenium Soldier.

DalaiLiam
04-26-2007, 07:48 AM
Yeah. I want to do SS trooper bad, but I probably won't untill I see alot of Pips. I guess that's the good thing about being a trooper. You don't care how many others of the legion show up.

Blue Eyed Matador
04-29-2007, 01:42 AM
And the more legion there is, the merrier.

TechieCL
04-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Aye...in the vien...maybe we should try to recruit more Wild Geese.

Blue Eyed Matador
05-01-2007, 03:49 PM
I would, but unfortunately, most of my regulars won't be attending AWA ;_;

Aziel
05-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm hoping to be able to cosplay the Major. Providing I have enough money.

Blue Eyed Matador
05-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Ooh MAJOR! That would be awesome, I hope you can.

Fayte
05-08-2007, 04:07 PM
The Captain must have his major! And I must have an Alucard to kick in half and Seras to gun fight with!

LolitaVanWinkle
05-10-2007, 04:24 PM
OMG HERR MAJOR PLEASE COME!!!

Your first Lieutenant would adore for you to come ^w^

Blue Eyed Matador
05-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Are you guys doing formal wear versions of your Hellsing costumes for the AWA ball? I'm torn between a formal Integra outfit and Sailor Moon ;_;

Draculina
05-30-2007, 10:42 PM
No. Hell no. The AWA ball is the equivalent of a high school prom. Not worth the $10. Our comrades usually hit the hotel bar on Friday night. The end.

Aziel
06-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Alright, looks like i'll be able to come as the Major. Should be fun. Hope to see everyone there. ^^

Gackt_Girl
06-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Not so sure about the ball.. I don't do formal events. But I have a big Hellsing group going. >3 We have the Dark Seras, Integra, younger-but-not-14-year-old Walter, Anderson, Rip, and Schroedinger. And Fayte; yours truly will be level 1 Alucard. *grin* Your welcome to try and kick me in half if you wish.

Draculina
07-30-2007, 10:12 PM
GOOD MORNING!!! TIME TO BUMP UNDERACTIVE THREAD!!!!

Um...I'm sorta confused. I see that there are now 2 Hellsing photoshoot times listed on London's thread on pg 1, but I don't see anywhere in here where it was discussed publicly. Not fair and not cool.

May I make a suggestion, guys? 3:30 in the afternoon on Saturday and 8:30 on Saturday night are craptastic times to have a "Hellsing-Sized" photoshoot- no sarcasm intended. 8:30 is when most people will be either attending or participating in the costume contest. 3:30 is when people are either in pre-judging or attending the really big photoshoots in the lobby (last year Bleach and FMA were during those hours of the day).

I think 10 pm and after will bode better for all. Last year, we waited until the costume contest was over and had a fantastic turnout- about 40 or so. It gave people in the costume contest a chance to change, it gave us an opportunity to miss the huge surge of traffic coming out of the theatre, and the lobby was practically empty, giving us lots of room to take over. We went out to the fountains after the photoshoot in the lobby and got some great night-shots, too.

I personally would like to bypass the responsibility of organizing this gathering, but I will be happy to begin a list of tentative cosplayers for whomever steps up to the plate...I'll add in people who are not active posters on cosplay.com but who I know for sure will be at this gathering:

Integra Hellsing: IWF Hellsing, GG's friend
Alucard: Hart, Gackt_Girl, Fayte's friend
Seras Victoria: Draculina, Morluna, Hart's sig. other, GG's friend
Pip Bernadette: DalaiLiam
Walter: Kiza_Nightstar, GG's friend
Alexander Anderson: Xenida, GG's friend
Heinkel:
Yumiko:
Enrico Maxwell:
Jan Valentine: Kamatari-Chan
Luke Valentine:
Montana Max: Aziel
Rip van Winkle: Lolita van Winkle, GG's friend
Schrodinger:Mangaka_Serena, GG's friend
The Captain: Fayte
Doc:
Zorin Blitz:
Millenuim Soldiers:
Hellsing Org. Soldiers/ Wild Geese:TechieCL

TechieCL
08-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Aye, I agree with the times Draculina suggested.

Gackt_Girl
08-03-2007, 11:56 AM
I agree as well. Personally I myself should be in the costume contest and I would really like to be in the shoot.

Oh! And I also have confirmed a Pip in my group as well.

Do we have any idea of meeting places? the eating area of the lobby could do well, and 10pm should be past the time of that other convention for businesses or whoever they are that are always there. We should mainly have it to ourselves and it's a more compact area.

TechieCL
08-05-2007, 11:12 PM
I like, that food area has that nice little fountain too....

Blue Eyed Matador
08-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Ugh, who chose those times and when were they ever discussed? DEATH.

Anyway.

I don't know the area, locals with suggestions?

Gackt_Girl
08-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Do you mean the con center or the city? If by area you mean Atlanta in general I can't help.^^;

TechieCL
08-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Well, consider there's probably going to be a lot of out of towners, let's just keep it in the con area.

The food court / fountain area of the Cobb Galleria (the mall directly connected to the Waverly, not across the sky way) would definitely work. And we could always migrate if we want other locales in the Con.

Gackt_Girl
08-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Aye! :3 I think that sounds good. Anyone else have ideas?

LolitaVanWinkle
08-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Change of plans guys, unfortunatly I will not be able to cosplay Rip this year, I over looked my budget and my resorces for the props and I just didn't have enough, I will however be bringing a friend who is cosplaying Integra so that should make up for the let down. Sorry >=

TechieCL
08-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Sorry to loose ya...

Anyhow, anyone else have suggestions for times or places? Otherwise I'll pop into that photoshoots time/place thread and tell them about the 10pm Saturday Time.

Gackt_Girl
08-15-2007, 09:09 PM
LolitaVanWinkle: Aw, sorry. We'll miss you~

Same here. If there aren't any more suggestions for time and place I'll go ahead and report to my posse what's goin down. :3

TechieCL
08-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Alright, I guess it's a consensus then

Saturday 10PM
The food court area of the Cobb Galleria (the mall directly connected to the Renaissance Waverly, not across the skyway)

Draculina
08-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Done. And done. Will go post to London's photoshoot thread. May I make a tiny request? I would really like it if we could still go outside like we did last year and take pics by the statues and fountains. And we were thinking the very zeppelin-like breezeway would be great for Millenium pics...

I guess Liam and I will assume responsibility for picture-taking unless EBK shows up again. I think he and I have enough Hellsing cosplay pics from other cons that we can certainly bypass being in the pictures this time.

Sorry to lose you, Lolita... you know you're always welcome to at least come hang out with us regardless of whether you're cosplaying as Rip or not :)

LolitaVanWinkle
08-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Sorry to lose you, Lolita... you know you're always welcome to at least come hang out with us regardless of whether you're cosplaying as Rip or not :)

Dawwww...thank you Draculina, I have a friend cosplaying Integra so I'll do that while you guys have your shoot, I'll help take pictures too!

I do have a new costume for AWA this year and it is very neat...it would actually fit in with the Hellsing crowd now that I think about it.

Gackt_Girl
08-20-2007, 04:42 PM
I think outdoor pics would be great. ^^ They'd be really cool.

Rip: Whats your costume???? o.o

LolitaVanWinkle
08-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Rip: Whats your costume???? o.o

It's from an american manga called "The Clarence Principle" and I'm going as the character Death.

Here is a picture of him http://shariot.deviantart.com/art/I-m-death-but-you-re-dead-51570692

I'm going to be submitting this costume into the costume contest so I'm excited.

Gackt_Girl
08-27-2007, 08:39 PM
It's from an american manga called "The Clarence Principle" and I'm going as the character Death.

Here is a picture of him http://shariot.deviantart.com/art/I-m-death-but-you-re-dead-51570692

I'm going to be submitting this costume into the costume contest so I'm excited.

cute. ^_^ You're quite welcome to show up

Fayte
08-30-2007, 03:59 AM
I wanna get pics with both liam and you Draculina! I am cosplaying the Captain this year and its only fitting to have pics of a duel and most likely a pic of getting killed by SerasPip.

DalaiLiam
08-30-2007, 06:47 AM
I will totally make myself a fake tooth with a silver filling :)

Draculina
08-30-2007, 07:54 AM
*BADASS* I am totally up for that!

Fayte
08-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Awesome! A silver filling would rock ,but now I have to make a set of dog tags that are broken in half. THis will totally be badass!

Gackt_Girl
08-31-2007, 05:00 PM
I agree, silver filling=cool. I want some cool accesories~ D:

Ah well. I'm going to have dog togs engraved with "Property of the Hellsing Organization" and attached to my suit. ^^; I'm cheap but it'll be original.

Draculina
09-04-2007, 09:46 AM
BUMP FOR INACTIVE THREAD

(Ok, I will officially take pictures for us so we have a definite photographer. I'll be wearing my Hellsing PJs since we already have a few definite Serases on board...)

TechieCL
09-06-2007, 10:38 PM
So here's the rough game plan I have in mind. Anyone, feel free to jump with better suggestions.

We meet up at the mall food court as planned at 10p. Linger around for 10-15 minutes for stragglers. Then we'll get the big group shots followed by the various split ups. Then when we're sick of that we can all move as a big group back to the con for some "photo fishing".

Gackt_Girl
09-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Sounds good to me. Any specific place in the food court?

So after our big shoot, what do you mean by photo fishing?? *branded a retard*

TechieCL
09-07-2007, 08:17 PM
That's my own term...basically when one walks around with the intent to get pictures taken of them. With our big mob re-entering the con areas together, I'm sure we'll attract attention

Gackt_Girl
09-07-2007, 08:29 PM
That's kinda what I thought; my friends and I do that. I'm sure we'll get a ton of attention together. And I like photoattention~

alucardnightroa
09-15-2007, 08:48 AM
I will be there as a ova dark red trench alicard sans the hat. I think I am only going to have one gun but I will be there ready to go hunting the vatican and millenium during the photoshoot.

Gackt_Girl
09-17-2007, 06:13 PM
That's one more gun than I have. D: *blood tear* Let us hunt Nazis and Catholics, fellow Vlad!

alucardnightroa
09-18-2007, 06:03 AM
Only nazis and chatolics damn... I am still waiting to see my gun. My friend has it over at his house finishing it. It will be awsome though he is custom carving it out of a chunk of 2x6 so that it fits me perfectly and looks like it is straight out of the anime.

TechieCL
09-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Sounds good to me. Any specific place in the food court?

The food court is pretty small, just that Chinese place and that Subway stand, so I think we should be able to find each other easily.

moonfall
09-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Just curious, are you guys the Hellsing group from the University of Florida?

Gackt_Girl
09-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Alucardnightroa: That's awesome XD Lucky bastard.

TechieCl: good point. ^^; I can hardly wait.

TechieCL
09-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Just curious, are you guys the Hellsing group from the University of Florida?

I can't speak for everyone, but I know a chunk of us are locals.

DalaiLiam
09-19-2007, 08:23 PM
There's a UoF Hellsing group? LOL. I never new that I moved up here from Gainesville about a year ago. My Ex and I cosplayed Jessica and Leif for fun and never new anyone else did.

moonfall
09-19-2007, 08:33 PM
There is this year, at least.

Draculina
09-20-2007, 07:33 AM
FINAL LIST
Integra Hellsing: GG's friend
Alucard: Dr Konaa, Gackt_Girl, Fayte's friend, AlucardNightroad
Seras Victoria: Morluna, Kelsey, GG's friend
Pip Bernadette: DalaiLiam
Walter: GG's friend
Alexander Anderson: Xenida, GG's friend
Jan Valentine: Kamatari-Chan
Montana Max: Aziel
Rip van Winkle:GG's friend
Schrodinger: GG's friend
The Captain: Fayte
Hellsing Org. Soldiers/ Wild Geese:TechieCL

And some dude named Fuuken (heh- fabulous name) from the AWA boards posted that he's bringing a Seras, Pip, Millenium soldiers, et al. I'm sure more people will eventually migrate to where we are if we're walking around. We need to hit places like the Artist Alley and the lobby where foot traffic will be high from the costume contest if you're serious about drawing a crowd.

So, yeah...Liam has recently pointed out to me that the lighting outside may be questionable that time of night as far as the amount of flash I'll need, so I'll give it a test-run on Friday night. If the outdoor pictures look like fail, I'll scout out something desirable indoors. We'll see. Also, if any of those high-profile Hellsing folks like IWF or Danny happen to show, I'm sure EBK won't be far behind (for those of you seeking your 15 minutes of internet fame- no sarcasm intended there).

Anyways. 10pm in the Food Court area Saturday. Bring your best bloody vampire-fanged smiles and keep an eye out for Kelsey's Harkonnen as a landmark.

Aziel
09-20-2007, 03:19 PM
-Sigh.- Sadly I won't be able to go as the Major. Some stuff happened with the costume. >.o So sorry everyone.

alucardnightroa
09-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Anyone one have the pictures they took from the shoot up yet. I am still in need more con mode and need pictures.

ChibiChrissi
09-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Anyone one have the pictures they took from the shoot up yet. I am still in need more con mode and need pictures.

Seconded! I'd love to see those pictures. I'm Girlycard from the Dawn couple who ran in kinda late in the food court. ^^;

Aziel
09-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Seconded! I'd love to see those pictures. I'm Girlycard from the Dawn couple who ran in kinda late in the food court. ^^;

Holy crap you were awesome. I was the Young Dark Walter who asked for that pose where he gets punched in the face. i'm saddened my camera died when that was taken.

DrKonaa
09-25-2007, 11:28 AM
The girlycard was indeed amusing...I didnt really expect anyone to be dressed as her...him...it...

Fayte
09-25-2007, 01:47 PM
The girlycard was great! A surprise to see......that version of alucard?he/she? I wanna see the pictures from the shoot since my cam died also.

Draculina
09-25-2007, 07:11 PM
OK, guys. I was the Seras in blue pajamas who took all your pictures (my avatar's changed for those of you who don't recognize me). I have exactly 375 pictures of the shoot that all need to be resized, rotated, degrained and colorized-- a task that will take me AT THE MINIMUM several days. I work 60+ hours a week, so I will be working on the pictures *when I have time*. LuckySevens took over 1100 pictures at AWA, so DalaiLiam and I have A LOT OF WORK to do on them before they can be made available to you. PLEASE BE PATIENT.

If you can't wait that long, I've taken the liberty of posting a recolorized group picture in the "AWA Shoutouts" thread.

If you want a zipped file of the complete set of pictures when they're ready, please send me a PM.

Thank you to all who showed up. This was the best Hellsing gathering I have attended yet, and it was a pleasure photographing you all :)

ChibiChrissi
09-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Ah, don't feel rushed. I didn't know the photos were going to be edited... and thank you for taking them!

... Oh my god, I just realized... were you cosplaying the dream sequence from OVA 1?! Best and most original idea EVER!

Gackt_Girl
09-26-2007, 12:02 PM
This was awesome. XD My posse and I had a blast! Much love from basement Alcuard!

alucardnightroa
09-26-2007, 08:21 PM
This was awesome. XD My posse and I had a blast! Much love from basement Alcuard!

you were the alucard in the belt costume? If so I have questions to ask. Me and my integra are plaing to do orignal forms next year and I want to base mine off that version and need some advice on how to do the belt costume.

DalaiLiam
09-26-2007, 09:25 PM
actually we joke around about me cosplaying bruce willis and have been for some time -willis.
All because I shaved my head -willis.
Granted I always manage to put on the most painful Pip costume instead of opting out for sweatpants and a wife-beater - willis.
Mostly because I hate having to tape my ankles and save hostages -willis.

Morluna
09-26-2007, 09:43 PM
actually we joke around about me cosplaying bruce willis and have been for some time -willis.
Granted I always manage to put on the most painful Pip costume instead of opting out for sweatpants and a wife-beater - willis.

When you gonna get those photos up - Willis?

I MUST HAVE PHOTO NOWWW NOM NOM NOM *IMPATIENCE MAGEE*

DrKonaa
09-26-2007, 09:43 PM

Our hero~

alucardnightroa
09-27-2007, 04:17 AM
if you did that -willis
then we would have to to have someone -willis
cosplay barron harkoneen -willis

DrKonaa
09-27-2007, 11:18 AM
*Shoots willis in the head*

That was a close one...he was an imposter...

Now...how does one leave willis space? Doesnt matter...Im leaving

Gackt_Girl
09-27-2007, 07:05 PM
you were the alucard in the belt costume? If so I have questions to ask. Me and my integra are plaing to do orignal forms next year and I want to base mine off that version and need some advice on how to do the belt costume.

Yes, that was yours truly. *bows* I'll give any help I can. :3 Ask away. you can pm me if you like.

alucardnightroa
10-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey has anyone heard word about the photos from the shoot? Hadn't realy heard anythign for a couple of weeks and the forum kinda died so i figure i would try and see?

Gackt_Girl
10-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Actually, if you go into Eurobeat King's galleries, we're in his Day 2 Album of AWA! Unfortunately, there aren't any of the themed poses or sillyness, but there's several of everybody at once.

I'm itching to see the ones taken when the little girl that did Alexander was being stomped and pummeled while she was laying down XD And the one where I was biting Rip van Winkle.

Draculina
10-14-2007, 11:27 AM
still working on pictures. have been very busy with time commitments to my job and studying for the GRE. don't worry...i didn't forget about you guys. please continue to be patient.

remember...if you want the finished photo batch, i need your e-mail address PM'ed to me.

Gackt_Girl
10-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Right, glad you reminded us. I forgot all about that. ^^; Will PM you right away so I won't forget. :3 Not trying to rush you or anything, please don't worry yourself too much.

Draculina
10-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Pictures are done and will be posted by this weekend. Many pictures had to be deleted because of poor lighting and/or contrast. Out of what's left, I have an original batch of about 100 pictures that are uncorrected/unadjusted and then a batch of the best 30 or so pictures that I cropped, adjusted, ect. The corrected pitcures will be in my photo gallery. Those of you who sent me an e-mail address will get both batches. Stay tuned.

Gackt_Girl
10-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Hurray! You rock! XD

Draculina
10-24-2007, 09:26 PM
EDITED PHOTO BATCH HERE:http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=43832&cat=500

Remember...these are only 40 out of 150 or so pictures that I am working on compressing...will have the entire bunch emailed out to those of you who gave me email addys as soon as I can...

I tried my best to get as many people as possible in these pics but we had a huge group and I apologize that I was not able to get every single person in here. If you are looking for a specific pic of yourself, I may have it in the unedited batch...let me know what you're looking for...

Gackt_Girl
10-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Bitchin! XD Thanks so much!! They look great