PDA

View Full Version : Possible FFVII Parade Group?

Kandascending
03-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Alright so I'm a bit shy about posting things so I procrastinated a bit on this but I came up with an idea about a month back of getting together a lot of Shinra Employees and having a photoshoot.

I got some pretty rare ones so far, like Heidegger and Scarlet and then someone suggested that I make it a parade group.

So the idea, if there's enough people I can get to do it, is this: A FFVII Parade group, complete with Shinra Soldiers. I just need to find people to be Shinra Soldiers.

Also looking for a Tseng, Reeve and possibly a Rude as well. And any other FFVII characters who may be interested in a parade group so I'm posting this as many places as I can think of.

What do you guys think? Anyone interested?

london2191
03-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Hmmm, it sounds good but a little too narrowed down. I was planning on wearing my Yuna for the parade, but the Final Fantasy shoot is on Sunday, not Saturday. So maybe you could do a Final Fantasy parade group?

You can't really reserve your own section tho', because FF falls under anime/manga/games category in the parade. But you can have a small section within that.

vampirate
03-25-2007, 08:55 PM
I think that would look cool in the parade. But the parade is too early for me, and there is no way I'd get up as early as I'd have to in order to get into Red XIII. *hinthintthough* I'd love if you can get everyone you get together to come to the FF/KH shoot. Everyone loves VII!

Kandascending
03-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Hmmm, it sounds good but a little too narrowed down. I was planning on wearing my Yuna for the parade, but the Final Fantasy shoot is on Sunday, not Saturday. So maybe you could do a Final Fantasy parade group?

You can't really reserve your own section tho', because FF falls under anime/manga/games category in the parade. But you can have a small section within that.

I've been apart of a different parade group since '03 and a group that's been running a track for the last couple years, but I've always been under the impression that groups were reserved by names. Like there can only be one Lord of the Rings group, one Star Wars group, etc. I didn't think there were "categories". I'd have to talk to Marilyn though and ask her.

Yeah, it stemmed from the idea of the Shinra group, but it could be open to just about any Final Fantasy probably. I just wanted to see if there was interest before I tried to even talk to the Parade Director about it.

Vampirate, that was my plan. I keep missing the FF/KH photoshoot but I plan on trying to make it this year. XD

london2191
04-11-2007, 03:17 PM
The parade director is sooper nice. =3 Even tho' I didn't actually get to get my 'official' ribbon *stole one* because I arrived the second the parade began walking. o.O

I'd like to join if it's a FF group. I still have no idea what day I'm wearing which cosplay. lol

TheDemon2300
06-13-2007, 12:27 AM
The parade director is sooper nice. =3 Even tho' I didn't actually get to get my 'official' ribbon *stole one* because I arrived the second the parade began walking. o.O

I'd like to join if it's a FF group. I still have no idea what day I'm wearing which cosplay. lol

Lol, shame shame. Ya gotta remember to pickup your ribbon right after you check-in and get your badge. We're located just outside the doors in the downstairs area of the Hyatt.

btw, Marilyn Teague has officially stepped-down as parade director this year. Jan Price has been appointed director now. However, if anyone here has any questions related to the parade, feel free to direct them to me. I'll answer as best I can. All I ask is that everyone try to make it out to the parade this year. Last year was our biggest turnout ever, and we wish to top it this year.
To give you an idea of just how big we're talking, Pat Henry (The big boss in charge of the whole Con) has told us to think "Macy's".

I will go ahead and say this on what's already been discussed:
Everyone who enters the parade needs to register (for our records). You will then be sorted into sections matching up your costume with the various programming tracks of the Con. After that, you are free to mix and mingle with other people who have similar costumes as you.

london2191
06-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Hahah, the line for registration had taken hours and the second we got outside, they were rounding people up to go walking and I was in one of the first groups.

I'll get around to registering through email like last year. -nods- Vid games and anime is all mixed into one group, right?

TheDemon2300
06-13-2007, 12:40 AM
That is correct.

Hiryuu
06-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Make it bigger than just shinra ^^ I have a gorgeous Aeris costume with 4 foot wings that I haven't shown off at any con

london2191
06-13-2007, 01:36 PM
You should bring it. =D But I doubt there'll be just a seperate FFVII group because it's too small of a specification or whatever for a parade group. If there is one, they'll probably have to walk within the Anime/Video Games group.

TheDemon2300
06-13-2007, 11:00 PM
You should bring it. =D But I doubt there'll be just a seperate FFVII group because it's too small of a specification or whatever for a parade group. If there is one, they'll probably have to walk within the Anime/Video Games group.

That is true, but they would still be free to walk together as a group.
Just like in the Star Wars section, we have several groups within there (Chattooine, Rebel Legion, The 501st...) that all walk as their own groups...

So, just because you're stuck in a general category, it doesn't mean you can't organize within said category and walk with people who have similar costumes. Otherwise we'd have Storm Troopers marching with X-Wing Pilots and Hogwarts students marching with hobbits...

Kandascending
06-13-2007, 11:31 PM
That is true, but they would still be free to walk together as a group.
Just like in the Star Wars section, we have several groups within there (Chattooine, Rebel Legion, The 501st...) that all walk as their own groups...

So, just because you're stuck in a general category, it doesn't mean you can't organize within said category and walk with people who have similar costumes. Otherwise we'd have Storm Troopers marching with X-Wing Pilots and Hogwarts students marching with hobbits...

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was talking about. I've been marching with the Arms of Middle Earth since '03 and I figured it was time for a change. We usually had us divided up by race. Like the hobbits with hobbits, the elves with elves. The Dwarves...we never had an dwarves. Men were Gondor and Rohan respectively. But we were all still one group.

If not a Shinra Army I kinda want to have as many FFVII cosplayers as possible in a group. That'd be awesome. Ya know, a complete cast? Though my Heidegger is marching with the Pirates. Bloody pirate...>.>

Hiryuu, I totally wanna see this Aeris. @_@

london2191
06-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Hahahahhahaah, hobbits and jedis. >_< Well, I still suggestion a Final Fantasy group itself because I don't remember /too/ much FF last year *unless I was completely oblivious during the parade*.

Hiryuu
06-14-2007, 11:34 AM
I'll definetly bring it then, for your sakes at least XD I've never been to dragoncon though...so I don't know the complete protocal ^^;

Lynnisincraze
06-14-2007, 08:36 PM
If I get to go, then I'll have Tifa with me. She goes everywhere(even if it's not to a con XD), but I'm not planning on wearing her the whole day. I would definitely join a FFVII group. VII rocks!

Viscus
06-14-2007, 08:47 PM
do an all FF game group pwetty pwease.

BayushiKachiko
06-26-2007, 10:42 AM
I'll be at D*C as Vincent, AC styled.

A19Riku
07-17-2007, 04:24 PM
ummm ive got cloud so i might be able to ill have to see what i got going on but when is the parade anyway

TheDemon2300
07-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Parade's on Saturday morning. Stop by the parade registration table just outside the room where you pickup your Con badge on either Thursday or Friday for full details (and directions if you need them). If you need more help finding the table, either ask someone or look for the floor with all the band tables (yeah, we're sharing a floor with CXS this year! w00t!)