PDA

View Full Version : choices...choices...

Penpen989
04-13-2003, 12:48 PM
hmmm...should i get my ears pierced like onizuka? How into detail do some of u go? gimmie an example

Lafiel
04-13-2003, 01:40 PM
I say get them pierced :)
If you only wear it for the weekend the hole will grow over soon enough :)

Clip ons kinda hurt your ears after awhile.
<-- doesn't have her ears pierced.

TyJILDown
04-13-2003, 02:22 PM
As for earrings...I have the holes in my ears stretched and I rather not bother taking my jewelry out for costumes after one experience. I'll deal without that accuracy.

If you don't have your ear pierced it'll be fine but it's always a nice touch ^^

hikura
04-13-2003, 04:01 PM
There are such things called magnetics.Pretty much two magnetic pieces for the jewerly.You can find them in jewerly shops(i would think so lol) and craft shops.

number18
04-15-2003, 11:31 AM
hmm...I would say go for it. Why the hell not? =shrug= Really, if you don't like it, you can just take the earring out and leave it out after the con...the hole will go away. Earrings don't hurt to get pierced. It's more like a fuzzy, buzzing numb feeling after they get pierced. And you must swab them with a q-tip and peroxide to keep away infection. So long as you do that daily (twice is recommended I think), you'll be cool. ^^

Or of course, you could go for magnetic things.

Oh wait. Actually, when I got my ears pierced, they were pierced with sterling silver studs...no hoops. I'm not sure if that's what you must do, but if Onizuka has hoops, I think you'd better ask first before piercing.

Clip-on hoops are a pain in the ass and ugly, so far as I know

Lafiel
04-15-2003, 11:48 AM
I find magnets are kinda flakey... Always flying off.
I vouch with number18's idea of clip ons. They are a pain in the ass.

Koumori
04-15-2003, 12:36 PM
If you do decide to get your ear(s) pierced, please, please go to an actual body piercer who can do it with a needle, not to a place with a gun in the mall. Guns tear the flesh and are impossible to sterilize properly, and you'll have a much safer, more pleasant experience with an experienced professional piercer. Not only that, but a needle pierce allows you to use rings as your initial jewelry, while a gun pierce does not.