PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Couples

hypergirl20000
03-26-2007, 10:19 PM
This year i will be taking my boyfriend to his first convention. (We thought it would be a fun side trip while going to six flags). I will be making our costumes... perhaps buying if i get really lazy, but i can't exactly think of a good anime couple. I know he doesn't want something girly, and lately he's been getting into Bleach but everyone is going to go as Bleach. Maybe Death Note but i don't think anyone would even recognize who we are, and like every other cosplayer, i want to be recognized... and get pictures taken. Anyway, any ideas?

Usachan
03-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Here is just a small handful of characters you both can choose from:

Usagi and Mamoru as SailorMoon and Tuexdo Mask
Princess Serenity and Prince Endymion from Bishoujo Senshi SailorMoon

Chi and Hideki Motosuwa from Chobits

Belldandy and Keiichi Morisato from Oh! My Goddess

Miaka and Tamahome from Fushigi Yugi

(I'm still trying to think of some more common or less common anime that
some people may or may not remember, I'll add them here if I should recall.)

Husk
03-26-2007, 10:34 PM
there are tons of great couples cosplays around. Um, it all depends on what YOU want though. What shows do you watch? that may have more sentimental value to the two of you. Um, some ideas are Tamaki/Haruhi Ouran Host Club, Roy/Riza FMA, Shinji/any NGE girl heh, um the list goes on and on. maybe give an idea of what types of anime the two of you watch, like a genre might help weed out bad ideas. Hope this helps at least alittle.

Alexia Ishtar
03-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Cloud/Tifa
Cloud/Aerith
Rinoa/Squall
Tidus/Yuna
Lenne/Shuyin
Lulu/Wakka

Those are just the ones I thought of in like 5 seconds from the popular FF games

The*Fallen*One*
03-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Kay and may - Hand Maid May
Tenchi and Ayeka/Ryoko/Washu/Sasami/Mihoshi - Tenchi
Ranma and Akane/Shampoo/Yukio/Kodachi - Ranma 1/2
Shinji and Rei/Asuka - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Misato and Kaji - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Edward and Rose - Full Metal Alchemist
Usagi and Mamoru - Sailor Moon
Kei and Mizuho - Onegai Teacher
Rosette and Chrono - Chrono Crusade
The list can go on forever...

Miss Meru
03-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Just think about which shows you both like and draw from that...? Or heck, think of an anime couple YOU adore and see if he rolls with it. ^_~

kirsa
03-27-2007, 01:51 PM
I agree that it would be good to pick a show you enjoy and do characters from that, I think it makes it easier to spend the time/money for the costumes if nothing else.

On that note, here's a few more suggestions (not all of these are actual romantically involved couples in the shows):

FLCL:
Naoto and Mamimi/Ninamori/Haruka
Mamimi and Canti
Amarao and Kitsurubami

RahXephon:
Ayato and Haruka/Reika/Megumi/Quon

Fruits Basket:
Tohru and Kyo/Yuki
Kagura and Kyo
Kisa and Hiro
Ayame and Mine

Most any anime has at least one couple that you could do. Or at the least, a male and female main character that would be recognizable together.

Silvana_Girl
03-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Hellsing:

Alucard and Seras Victoria
Alucard and Integra
Seras and Pip

KH:

Sora and Kairi
Sora and Namine
Riku and Namine/Kaira

Any FF couples. <3

There are so many couples to cosplay!

Nia
03-27-2007, 09:07 PM
I think Death Note cosplayers are very recognizable lately, now that's gotten more popular. I just LOVE seeing Light/Misa or Light/L. x3 So cute. And Final Fantasy couples are cute too but I don't usually see them!

Holland
03-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Eureka 7 has some good couples. It's not real well known yet so the characters will have less recognition.

Holland/Talho
Renton/Eureka
Doninic/Anemone
Dr. Bear/Mischa (if he's big like a bear)
Ray/Charles
Moondoggie/Gidget

Ron Jr
03-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Not really a couple but a Guy/Girl

Spike and Faye from BeBop

Miyu and Larve from Vampire Princess Miyu.

The Major and Bato from Ghost in a Shell.

Speed and Trixie from Speed Racer

MysCy
03-27-2007, 09:48 PM
I think that doing Misa and Raito from Death Note would be a great idea (its getting more and more popular with the release of the anime and the movies now). Many people would recognize you, or if they didn't then if they saw you carrying a Death Note it would probably make sense then. But the main point is for you to enjoy yourself!

vampirate
03-27-2007, 10:01 PM
To throw out just a few more interesting ideas:

Just about any two Utena characters. They have relationship issues.

Van and Merle or Hitomi from Escalfowne.

Tenchi and any of the girls from the Tenchi series.

Both Ranmas from Ranma 1/2.

Foo21
03-28-2007, 01:49 AM
syoaran and sakura tsubasa chronicle verison
Sousuke and Chidori/Tess FMP
Shirou and Saber Fate/Stay Night

But I think that Ranma male and Ranma Female is a good idea

Toshi_Riku
03-28-2007, 02:01 AM
fruit baskets couple ff ones are cute too
ichigo and rukia/orihime bleach
kenshin and koru rouruine kenshin
lacus and kira gs
naruto/kiba/shino/rock lee/sasuke hinata/sakura

CaptainMullet
03-28-2007, 02:41 AM
Android 17 and Android 18 from Dragonball Z

If anyone is planning an Android 18 cosplay tell me okays? I need my counterpart lol

Alessa
03-28-2007, 03:36 AM
Usagi Tsukino & Mamoru Chiba - Sailor Moon
Aya Mikage & Toya - Ayashi no Ceres
Kagome & Inu Yasha - Inu Yasha

Hitokiri Kenshin
03-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Keiko Yukimura and Yusuke Urameshi- YYH
Goku and Chi Chi- DBZ
Kei Kusunagi and Mizuho Kazami- Please Teacher

Trumby
03-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Are you looking for actual couples/people in love/whatever from animes? Or just guy/girl pairings from animes? With the former there could be quite a few, though with the latter there's just that much more.

Also I agree it would be a good idea to choose something from a show you both enjoy.

Ishiki
03-28-2007, 07:13 PM
o=
I think it really depends what pairings you like.
But from Death Note and Bleach I perfer:

IshidaxOrihime
RaitoxMisaMisa

I'll think of more and get back to this. ._.
Perhaps you could list your favorite anime?

PrincessHinata
03-28-2007, 08:46 PM
At the last con, my boyfriend and I cosplayed Kiba and Hinata from Naruto. Technically, Hinata likes Naruto, but she and Kiba just look so cute together! We love them as a couple more. Plus we both vaguely resemble them.

This year we're doing the two trainers of the new Pokemon games. They're not necessarily a couple, but they go together and that's what we like.

hypergirl20000
03-28-2007, 11:43 PM
I love the ideas. I had to look up a few. I really like the Link and Zelda, Speed Racer, and the vampire princess miyu. I would personally like to be a real couple, but i did show him pictures of Batou and the Major... just if i could wear what the major does and feel safe in large groups... Thanks for all of the help!

kojirojames2004
05-11-2007, 10:43 PM
All righty. In earlier threads when couples are involved, Jessie and James as well as Butch and Cassidy from Pokemon have been suggested, or you could do Ash and Misty, May or Dawn. Also, maybe Sailor Moon and her Tuxedo Mask could work as well.

bleahhh
05-12-2007, 04:53 AM
I think all of them have given really gd couple choices.

But still, like any cosplay, there are many many factors to consider:
1. 'pull-it-off-properly' factor; if u dun really look like the character, or at least have the correct body built and mass, its usually a no-no. But of course, its a free world.... ;)

2. Difficulty vs time frame vs skills; i think its really self explanatory. Frm the looks of it, ur boyfrend would be relatively new to such hobbies. Unless he really is an artisen with gr8 creativity and skills to fabricate a costume / prop, likely u will be spending alot of time helping and couching.

bleahhh
05-12-2007, 04:55 AM
I think all of them have given really gd couple choices.

But still, like any cosplay, there are many many factors to consider:
1. 'pull-it-off-properly' factor; if u dun really look like the character, or at least have the correct body built and mass, its usually a no-no. But of course, its a free world.... ;)

2. Difficulty vs time frame vs skills; i think its really self explanatory. Frm the looks of it, ur boyfrend would be relatively new to such hobbies. Unless he really is an artisen with gr8 creativity and skills to fabricate a costume / prop, likely u will be spending alot of time helping and couching.

but i would love to see a Ichigo / Rukia pair..

Good luck!

The Hag
05-12-2007, 10:14 AM
From R.O.D. - Joker and The Paper or, if you are more adventurous, Drake and Miss Deep.

Ryoko-and-Yami
05-13-2007, 01:20 PM
FMA:
Riza and Roy
Winry and Edward

Tsubasa:
Sakura and Syaoran

Yu Yu Hakusho
Botan/Keiko/Yukina and Kurama/Yusuke/Hiei/Jin

Inuyasha:
Kagome/Sango/Kikyo and Miroku/Inu Yasha/Sesshomaru/Koga

Naruto:
Sakura/Hinata/Ino/Tenten/Temari and Naruto/Sasuke/Gaara/Shikamaru/etc

kojirojames2004
06-06-2007, 01:37 AM
And if you're doing Kagome and InuYasha, just tell 'em who wears the pants in the relationship every one in a while by saying "SIT, BOY!" :LOL:

Chaotic Era
07-21-2007, 01:37 AM
Temari/Shikamaru from Naruto is always a good one.

My boyfriend and I are doing that one. (It's his first cosplay too, hehe I dragged him into doing it =D)

FaithInDeidara
07-22-2007, 03:22 AM
haha, me and my old bf did cloud and yuffie for a walk down the beach! hmm...Shuichi and Yuki from gravitation (you as shuichi, of course...)...umm...miroku and sango?...Misa and L? random shinigami? your own original chars? eh, im a brain dead monkey right now...sorry.