PDA

View Full Version : Voice Acting

RanChan03
08-20-2002, 04:15 AM
Who here is a voice actor or is looking for some voice actors

Rosiel
08-20-2002, 09:49 AM
Actually I am looking for voice actors... ^___^ male ones who can do a Brit accent no less!

LOL

A friend of mine is doing the recruiting, but if anyone on this board wants to lend us their voice... =)

Kusanagi
08-20-2002, 01:29 PM
Hehe.

PM me. I can try to do a British accent... ^_^

Oshi
08-20-2002, 01:56 PM
*shrug* I can voiceact. Don't have any major experience, but I can.

peacecraft
08-20-2002, 02:08 PM
I used to play several parts in a comedy radio drama back in my home town. I'm looking to cast a few short radio dramas for my website to help advertise my web comic as well shortly.

RanChan03
08-20-2002, 02:55 PM
i can try to pull off a british accent, i can pull off an indian one, like apu's =)

Kusanagi
08-20-2002, 03:23 PM
Thank you, Come again!

Jinx
08-20-2002, 03:33 PM
I always wanted to do voiceacting...! I took drama classes and people tell me I have a good telephone voice... ^-^;;

Yggdrasil Pie
08-20-2002, 04:04 PM
Eeppp... Voice acting seems so much fun... Although... I'm not a voice actor... ^^;;;

Quies
08-20-2002, 07:39 PM
er..not me. don't know anyone who does either. british accent huh? people seem to either be able to pull it off really good, or not at all. in one play at school (the attempted murder of miss peppy sweatwater) the one guy sounded so bad with it that they took his right to use the accent away!
i get this weird british thing myself sometimes..like when i'm mad. which is really strange becuase i'm not bristish. (usless you go back to cromwell)

Mei Lan Chang
08-20-2002, 08:21 PM
Haha..being a voice actor is like one of those things I dream about, but know will never happen. I can impersonate anything, but it seems the only way to seriously be a voice actor is to already be a somewhat well known actor for cheesy comercials and such. Wouldn't it be great to have some big time anime producer stop you on the street and say, "HEY! I want your voice!" *drool...*

RanChan03
08-20-2002, 09:06 PM
it is fun to be a voice actor if you want to start out i can introduce you to one of my friends that does it, just im me on AIM RanChan03 is the name

Adella
08-20-2002, 09:38 PM
Kaitou is a voice actress for a number of animes. And an opera singer.

Cynthia
08-20-2002, 09:49 PM
I'd luv to voice act-I think it really is a lot better than acting (atleast for me). I can manage to do a strange array of voices, but I have no previous talent-unless you count driving my friends and family crazy. But, then again, James Marsters, Spike from Buffy, has a great British accent and he got it from continually watching Monty Python eps over and over.

RanChan03
08-20-2002, 10:20 PM
If you want to VA IM me at RanChan03 i can introduce you to my boss

Ayaka
08-20-2002, 10:34 PM
> i get this weird british thing myself sometimes..like when i'm mad. which is really strange becuase i'm not bristish. (usless you go back to cromwell)

The same thing has been said of me. (I'm not so sure, lol.) I blame Monty Python mainly, and Doctor Who and Red Dwarf as well. ^^ (And possibly Captain Picard . . . lol.)

James Marsters honestly got that accent from Monty Python? OO It can't be just that, though, since it's a different type of accent than any of them have. He HAS to have had a dialogue coach somewhere along the way.

Rosiel
08-20-2002, 11:07 PM
> i get this weird british thing myself sometimes..like when i'm mad.

I always say "water" wrong... I've been told I keep on saying it the Brit way. o_O;;;

But yes, voice acting is not for me, no one wants people with strange French accents LOL.

RanChan03
08-20-2002, 11:31 PM
lol, ok for those who want to try their hand at voice acting i can help you get on the path, just IM me at RanChan03
Rosi i think my friend could use a french accent

Quies
08-21-2002, 07:38 PM
>I always say "water" wrong... I've been told I keep on saying it the Brit way. o_O;;;

my friend gets a kick when ever i say school and we actually had an argument about how one should say egg.
they actually made me take speech class for a year in 2nd grade-untill they decided that's just how i talk.
and there was also a discussion in a class (which i wan't in) about my accent. i really don't get it.
oh well, at least i don't have a texas accent.

Cynthia
08-22-2002, 01:14 PM
oh well, at least i don't have a texas accent.

I can agree with that. What's funny is sometimes when I'm talking and I'm not paying attention to what I'm saying people say I have a Bostonian accent-but I've never been to Boston. What's really funny is when I go to see my family up in Arkansas (Yep, I'm part redneck.) and they start talking a certain way and out and out within a day I'm talking like them too. I could probably get away with a french accent-I took 2 yrs of it in high school.

Oh, yeah, James Marsters may have had a dialog couch some where along the way, but HE SAYS he learned most of it from Monty Python-now, whether that's a lie or not, I can't say.

RanChan03
08-22-2002, 01:21 PM
Wow it's amazing how this recruiting board can turn into a British accent board

Nadeshiko
08-23-2002, 03:16 PM
I do amateur productions online. If you have the talent, the mic, and the commitment, you can be a part of my production housing group. I run Rhapsody in Scarlet, a mini-voice acting company for people who love to act. No union stuff, just people who love to act for fun.

My prodcutions are historical drama. Currently, I'm working on a 1940s WW2 show. I'm still open for extras on that one. My next one is a 1960s / 1980s one.

If you want more info on auditions and extra freebies, just give me a ring to scarlett@amuro.net

If anyone will be at Animagic I will be running a panel on voice acting. ^_^

RanChan03
08-23-2002, 03:44 PM
I have a friend that is doing some recruiting for some fan dubs that she is doing, if you like some more info on what she is doing e-mail me at wongger@yahoo.com