PDA

View Full Version : Kyo's 'Tsumi to Batsu' corset! HELP ME!!!

alt_shorty
04-13-2003, 08:49 PM
i need to get a corset/waist cincher like the one that Kyo of DeG wore in the 'tsumi to batsu' pv. I can't find one anywhere. HELP!!!

die-sama
04-16-2003, 05:15 PM
i made my own. do u know how to make corsets?
its kind of difficult because he's got 6 boning sections in it..
the buckles were the most difficult to find....
tell me if u need any help on patterning if u chose to make ur own

alt_shorty
04-16-2003, 05:49 PM
Hi Die-chan! I acctually found a corset for my costume on ebay yesterday, it's far from perfect but it will do ^-^. I am going to need to make my own for my myaku costume for otakon this year tho. I have a basic dea for that. any pointers?

Koumori
04-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Have you made a corset before? I get all my corsetry supplies from Farthingales, at http://www.farthingales.on.ca/ (prices are quoted in Canadian dollars). Be very sure to make a muslin before you cut into your vinyl or other fabric, as you really want it to fit you properly. If you're not a guy and you're going for the DEG look, you should avoid anything that will pull your waist in too tightly and make it more obvious that you are not a guy - so what you'll end up with will be less a corset (which would change your shape) than a bodice.

die-sama
04-18-2003, 12:36 AM
for myaku, if you go to joannes or fabric stores u can find pink PVC. i highyl suggest you try to follow teh pattern of the corest you got for TSumi but alter it. i used metal boning, my myaku corset is far from perfect but i made a new one.*never had time to re-wear it* Myaku was my first costume ( i made it when i was 14 *EE)

anyways..i really suggest u make it so it zips up or ties up the back. i made the mistake of making everything in the FRONT..
for tubes if u can't find them *wink wink* (secret: look in toy stores) ^^b (ahem) you might have to "drain" some of them :o

alt_shorty
04-18-2003, 12:45 AM
Thanx die-chan!... I have no idea how to make a corset. I hope to do it right for otakon ^-^. I really liked your Myaku costume too ^-^.