PDA

View Full Version : Ouran Host Club Logo

Sexy Kat-Kashi
03-29-2007, 06:43 PM
i didnt see anything on this but i need help on how i would go in making on out of scratch cause im hoping 2 cosplay Hikaru soon and i need 2 make the logo so yeah

Touya no miko
04-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Well, a making a detailed patch from scratch isn't up my alley. I've seen some people use cheap felt fabric. They cut out the shape, patch them together, and voila an ouran patch! I bought mine on ebay for not too much. It made it easier for me.

Xavietta
04-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Well If you wanted to make one you could either hand stitch or machine stitch the lettering, as that's how it would be done on a real patch. You could get the different colour fabrics you need for the base then very carefully draw then stitch the lettering and the border (I hope that makes sense xD)

...or, as Touya no miko said, buy one on eBay ^^

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=ouran+host+club+patch&category0=

Hope this helps ^^

Miranda-chan
04-06-2007, 09:56 AM
weelll You could take some sticker paper like I did and take a decent photo off google of an already made one and crop it, print it and stick it on, it looks okay in photos

IzumiContraband
04-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Iron-on transfer paper is an excellent temporary solution. ; ) Namely, the kind you stick in your printer. Just find a nice picture off the internet and print it out and iron it onto your uniform!
The transferred image can sometimes , though, especially if your garment gets a lot of use. So if you're in a pinch, use the transfer paper. If you've got time, just buy the official patch. I actually found one at the Mall of Georgia, but I'd never seen one in a retail store before. Ebay's got 'em, though.

Angathol
04-06-2007, 07:09 PM
I hand-embroidered mine, but it's difficult and time-consuming. Mine took at least six hours to make, and I didn't even do the border or any details (just the white "O R" and the orange background - I had to use Sharpie for the border o_O). You need embroidery floss in the right colours (and lots of it), a needle with a hole big enough for the floss, and an embroidery stretcher. It might not be your cup of tea, though. If all else fails, they're starting to sell them at cons, so you could pick one up there if you find one.

Kerotan Frog
04-06-2007, 08:55 PM
As to not clutter the forum with threats on similar topics, might as well ask this here. Does anybody have any good hand embroidery resources, like online lessons and stuff, because I want to learn for some of my cosplay projects, but when I tried to make a patch, well....it sucked >< So, yeah, anything at all would be appreciated.

quelara
04-08-2007, 06:15 AM
tamarket has them and this is in australian dollars at $22 which is cheap

Melanie
04-08-2007, 07:14 AM
Mandarake (http://www.mandarake.co.jp/) also have them for 2000 yen (US$17)

Miranda-chan
04-08-2007, 07:56 AM
o.O I heard you can get them on ebay for like $3