PDA

View Full Version : I got a challenge for anyone going to AB

Saiban
04-14-2003, 12:04 AM
As the title says, I have a challenge.
Apparantly there is going to be a SSBM tournament goin
on in the basement during the Con. I'd like to see how skilled
I am against others. So far the only person who has ever
defeated me, is a guy from Wilmington who uses Marth.
I will take on ANYONE at ANY time, and I intend to win.
I just hope my challengers put up a reasonably good fight.
>:O

Bring It! And I will shut you down!
Har har! lol XD

TyJILDown
04-14-2003, 12:52 AM
Well, in my room, we'll be having a Gamecube up there to play with as well. I must bring mine so my room can play SSB:M at night. But yea, most likely Oshi will be partaking in thr tournament. I might too but I ain't as good as others *is cheap with Links down smash* I usually play with Link or Marth but since I play the N64 Smash Brothers at school often I have more experience with Link.

Saiban
04-14-2003, 03:48 AM
Thats cool. I have no idea how I am gonna tell youa ll apart, but I am gunning for someone to go upagainst in SSBM, well I;m not gonna reveal who I use, I want it to be a surprise, so no one can train up against that one character. I played the N64 one way back in the day, me and my good friend mike went to a Tournament in Florida at the Florida Mall, and we won the 2 on 2 tournament, and received like 500 dollars each for the prize :D We wanted to play in the singles but his mom had to leave so we had to go to :(
It sucked being like 16 and not being able to drive yet, lol.
I can't wait till friday.

JacksUsername
04-14-2003, 11:09 AM
mm, a smash bros tourney eh? well, i'm pretty good, but not that great, but you never know in the chaos of things how the match will go....i'd like in on this :)

Lafiel
04-14-2003, 11:37 AM
The thing I hate is when I'm at home I have grown accustom to having certain items on the field and not having others.
Young Link is where its at for me ^^.

Wonder if they will have Halo Set up there..
I wuv rockets.

number18
04-14-2003, 11:44 AM
Pffft, you don't want THE MAN to join the fray (aka Kirby).

Actually, I use Kirby and Jigglypuff with the green rambo bandana. mwuaha! I'm not star quality. My boyfriend uses THE CHAMP, who is Pikachu...and is wicked good (read as - undefeated). I am wondering if he will go to the con...play a couple matches of Yu-Gi-Oh!...enter the SSBM tourney...but who knows.

I'd love to be in the SSBM tourny, either way. What time is it set up to go?

Saiban
04-14-2003, 12:15 PM
The Anime Boston site dosent go into Detail, but it is one of the first things I am gonna check into when I get there friday. as for weapons,usually when I play others we both agree no weapons.
For one They aggrivate me, a second reason. I am a friggin sniper. I will peg you halfway across the map with a mine. Lol.
booyah. :D It will be great fun.

TyJILDown
04-14-2003, 01:28 PM
Ugh...hope they do NOT have the hammer turned on...uber cheap...

JacksUsername
04-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by TyJILDown
Ugh...hope they do NOT have the hammer turned on...uber cheap...

AGREED!

and as for Halo, I'd like no shields and pistols only...that would be sweet :)

number18
04-14-2003, 06:55 PM
Whaaaaa? We always play with items on. I need my magic wand! And the hammer can be a blessing or a curse, depending on what stage you get it on...that it is.

Saiban
04-14-2003, 08:10 PM
If you get the hammer you are fairly safe, unless the top flies off, then it's allllll over :D
My favorite weapon has got to be the Spin attack. IT lasts forever, and does ridiculous amounts of dmg.

JacksUsername
04-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Hmm, i'm still a very anti-hammer person :) what always frustrates me is that I'll be doing well and then somehow not see a Bomb-omb heading my way...and next thing I know, I just hear a scream.

TyJILDown
04-14-2003, 10:13 PM
<3 the Home Run Bat...I love that shit. Cheap, but still wonderful.

Oshi
04-14-2003, 11:21 PM
Damn right I'm participating =D I was... *thinks* 5th place or so in the SSBM tourney at Philly Classic ^__^

And hammers aren't as invincible as they were in SSB... I can easily take a person out that has one, given the right stage >.>;

So yeah. Roy is my best character, followed by Marth, Link, Yoshi, and Mario. ^^;

Saiban
04-15-2003, 04:54 AM
True, hammers can be beaten, but yah just gotta know how.
Easily enough you just have to runnup to em, time it well so when you roll behind them the hammer is pointing up, trip them, and then smash attack them quickly. They will drop the hammer.

number18
04-16-2003, 05:31 PM
Hey Oshi...what IS Philly Classic? o.o;

Oshi
04-16-2003, 08:54 PM
Philadelphia Classic Gaming Convention :)

Penpen989
04-17-2003, 08:08 PM
hmph... i still wanna kill everyone in drifting at GT3 and beat u all to a pulp at GGXX...

Saiban
04-18-2003, 06:01 AM
Your all gonna get crushed under the pure power of my SSBM skillz.