PDA

View Full Version : Rub-a-dub-dub, who's bringin' the Grub?

Tetsugyu
04-14-2003, 01:47 AM
Why is it that the resident 'Big Man' of this picnic is the first to think of a thread about the food?

-_-'

Ok anyway...

I'm brining Taquitos with all the fixin's.
(Salsa, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Shredded Cheese)

I'll get some good chips too, to compliment it it. I could get PANDA (FYI: My father) to cook up some mexican rice. His is always the best...well ok Grandma's is better but let's not tell his Magesty PANDA that.

-_-'

Ok so...what are you gonna bring?

Michi
04-14-2003, 02:42 AM
If I still make it, I'll be bringing chococolate-chocolate-chip cookies.

Iori E
04-14-2003, 03:06 AM
I'll be one of the drink boys. Just tell me what you want. (No brightly colored drinks like Hawaiian Punch or Pepsi Blue, though.)
Squirt for Tetsugyu, ginger ale for me... anyone else have a preference?

K_Valentine
04-14-2003, 03:15 AM
Hmm. Due to some circumstances, it may be too difficult to cook anything for the party. I'll do my best to at least provide Pocky. Hopefully SB won't highway rob me when I buy there ($2/small box!?)

Tetsugyu
04-14-2003, 03:17 AM
*Dances* SQUIRT RULEZ COSPLAY.COM! lol

Jarod's Other personality: Red bull gives you wings!

Michi
04-14-2003, 03:44 AM
Umm. I like Sprite and Sierra Mist. ^_^; Lemon lime sodas like that.

or is that what Squirt is? O_o

Tetsugyu
04-14-2003, 03:49 AM
Squirt is a grapefruit soda. What's ironic as hell is I HATE grapefruits! And I LOVE Lemons and Limes...yet I don't care much for Lemon/Lime soda. Wacky ain't it?

Michi
04-14-2003, 04:08 AM
o.o I'll stick with my lemon/lime sodas. ^_^;

Dark Vision
04-14-2003, 04:43 AM
*hands rasies and nods* I vote for sierra mist/ spirte too.

Well I fixin to bring umm what ever cool form of junk food I can find at the local Abertson. I figured I can't cook anything that'll taste good 3 or 4 hours after its made. Thats probably the only drawback of picnic for me, cuz me know not how to cook picnic type food.

Admin
04-14-2003, 07:00 AM
In about another week to 10 days I'm gonna get a better head-count and start another thread on this. We're gonna need around a full meal for each person plus enough to drink for a whole day. If 50 people come, that's around 150-200 cans of soda LOL

Another thing we'll need are coolers. I have one large cooler and a small one, but if anyone else is gonna be there in the morning and can offer up a cooler please post here. We should probably have at least 3 - two for drinks and one big one to hold any meat that needs to keep cool.

Also for anyone just skimming this thread - please realize that there is no charge to attend this thing (other than the $4 per car parking fee) so if you're coming but can't bring anything substantial, even a bag of chips, 6-pack of coke or a tub of dip will help.

I'm gonna be in charge of the meat portion, gonna hit up Costco and grab some stuff in bulk the night before. But the more coordinated we are, the less emergency trips someone will have to make on Sunday to get something we forgot. (like having 5 packs of hot dogs and 1 pack of buns)

Michi
04-14-2003, 07:49 AM
Ooh is there gonna be a barbecue? >D

Doremi Chan
04-14-2003, 08:10 AM
I'm bringing my Family's Famous Frito Salad! It's really yummy! Everyone who tries it likes it! Anything is fine with me soda wise. :)

Admin
04-14-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Michi
Ooh is there gonna be a barbecue? >D
Hell yes. :)

Sana-chan
04-14-2003, 08:39 AM
I'm bringing the chicken lol.

Mink
04-14-2003, 02:05 PM
Im bringing cupcakes in honor of my birthday!! Woot! But eek....thats going to be ALOT of cupcakes!

Clear soda is great! Sierra Mist is good stuff.

Michi
04-14-2003, 02:07 PM
Dude, how awesome. I really wanna go for the fun.. but I dunno what I could even wear. x_x

Iori E
04-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Admin
We're gonna need around a full meal for each person plus enough to drink for a whole day. If 50 people come, that's around 150-200 cans of soda LOL

That's why I said I'll be one of the drink boys. XD

Sierra Mist 0wnZ 411 j00. :D

Tetsugyu
04-14-2003, 03:29 PM
I'll bring my large cooler to help out Kyle. It's a 64 quart size I think...

Doremi Chan
04-14-2003, 05:22 PM
I have a cooler thing as well if it is needed

RoseDuelist
04-14-2003, 08:26 PM
BBQ! *glomps everyone* *ahem* *regains dignity*

Well, that takes care of the main portion..

.. me and KaitouKurogo will probably bring our famous "Death Chips" (Lays Limon chips.. we call them death chips cuzz that grease is gonna kill us someday.. ^.^ ). I'm not too sure on that though. He can cook so if he comes up with something better then we'd definatly go with that.

Greasy chips+ Costumes= Mess and it's my fault. -_-()

lol.. yes, what I'm bringing will probably change.

Anywho, for the drinks thing. Diet coke/pepsi/Shasta/ any other brand will do fine. ^_^ Me and Kaitou drink almost only that. I like Arizona tea too though, but yeah.. Either one works. I'd drink just about anything you have there though so feel free to push mine to the bottom of the list.

Dark Vision
04-14-2003, 08:40 PM
I think I have a cooler I can bring...*starts searching garage*

O Admin and do you want us to bring like buns for dogs and burgers. Maybe you can make a list of basic items we should bring.

Tetsugyu
04-14-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by RoseDuelist
"Death Chips" (Lays Limon chips.. we call them death chips cuzz that grease is gonna kill us someday.. ^.^ ). I'm not too sure on that though. He can cook so if he comes up with something better then we'd definatly go with that.
*glomps you* You're too cute.
All my life I've had a "sour tooth" instead of a sweet one. I LOVE Limon chips. They are awesome. So I'll eat some if you bring em.

soshi
04-15-2003, 11:53 AM
I'll bring what I can.. ^^ definately soda, mebbe some snacks and stuff. *busts out shiney new Costco card* kekeke!

and Michi, you are SO going, because I will drive my ass up to whateverthehellJunglesoundingcity your relatives live in and pick you up. *firm nod*

Michi
04-15-2003, 06:13 PM
..^^; Tarzana. *chu* I love you Claire~

Lynzie
04-15-2003, 06:41 PM
Ee, I'm still not sure if I'm coming, but if I can, I'll definitely bring SOMETHING. What... is a good question. Probably a bag of chips and some soda, but I really don't know what kind. I suppose I'll bring some Sprite/7-Up/whatever, but what kind of chips do you all like?

RoseDuelist
04-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Lynzie, we can both be the "Chip Master's" then. ^_^V I'll bring the big ol' bag of death chips. I'll bring, like, 2 other flavors that I'll pick randomly as well probably. Err.. should we have chips and dip or do you think the dip would go bad? *never been outside with dip for long periods of time*

Yeah.. if everyone brings chips oh what a meal it will be.. lol! We'll do it then!

Suggestions for me and my fellow Chip Master? Or Chip Mistress.. whatever.. lol

Lynzie
04-15-2003, 11:27 PM
LOL, I was actually thinking something like Doritos. I'm sure the dip would be fine if we've got coolers, and it looks like we do. If I'm bringing dip, though, what kind of DIP do you like? :P I'm partial to French Onion, myself. ^_^

JoeBoeing
04-15-2003, 11:51 PM
I make really good homemade chunky salsa... I may be able to make some... it's not spicy but it's full of flavor. I'll ask my mom tomarrow if she has any containers that can go in the train.

From,
Joe

Tetsugyu
04-16-2003, 12:02 AM
Hey! I thought I was Michi's ride...eh well.

Michi
04-16-2003, 03:16 AM
Ooh.. I'd like chips and salsa.. Foood. I'm so hungry right now. =/

Tetsugyuuuu. You only offered, I didn't hear any confirmation. ^^;

Tetsugyu
04-16-2003, 03:21 AM
Well....*stamers* It was totaly confirmed, in my mind. Sorry I didn't make it clear. You said you have rides, so I guess you're good to go. Incase anything falls out, I'll hook you up. Glad to see you're gonna make it!

RoseDuelist
04-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Hmmm.. I'll bring, like, Ranch. I'll get as big as I can, but I am on a budget. I'll bring some dipable chips, some death chips, and probably, like BBQ or something. Again, these will be just large, not Jumbo so don't souly depend on me.. lol ^_^

domestik
04-16-2003, 08:47 PM
*blink* I think there's a moderately large cooler hibernating in the garage somewhere... maybe even two. o_O; So I'll see about dragging m'coolers along. ^^; And maybe I'll have some extra cash that I can spend on a pack of soda... or water?... ice?.....

JoeBoeing
04-17-2003, 11:31 AM
Greetings again,

I found a way I can bring salsa... I must warn you guys... it's not a runny salsa that comes in store baught cans... This stuff is hand cut and really good.

The salsa has tomatos, onions and green, yellow, red bellpepers.

FRom,
Joe

RoseDuelist
04-17-2003, 05:12 PM
Joe, can we have a Mild version of this salsa as well? I have issues with hot salsa.. blech... ^_^

JoeBoeing
04-17-2003, 05:34 PM
RoseDuelist - I don't make hot salsa... trust me this will be mild... I've never had a complaint on it. I'm not putting in any spicy pepers.

My salsa is a little on the sweet side thanks to the yellow bellpeppers and ripe tomatos and just zesty enough thanks to the red bellpeppers and onions.

Trust me, it'll be good. I let it sit in the fridge for a day and overnight to let the ingradiants soak in eachothers juices.

FRom,
Joe

RoseDuelist
04-17-2003, 05:38 PM
*drool* *_* I'm hungry now.. lol

JoeBoeing
04-17-2003, 05:46 PM
last time I made this I made about 5 pounds worth of salsa... I'm sure most everyone will love it so I hope it all gets eaten. Heck, last time I made it I ate it in 2 days.

Is someone going to bring tortilla(sp?) chips?.. potato chips don't sit well with me.

FRom,
Joe

RoseDuelist
04-17-2003, 05:52 PM
I think Tetsyga or somebody was a few pages back.. errr... I think it was page 2 or 3.. not sure.. *goes to re-read*

**EDIT**

HA! It was the first post and it was not tortilla chips, but another food that salsa goes well with. ^_^V

Silly me.. this IS page three.. lol

Tetsugyu
04-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Tetsyga??? Who the F*CK is Tetsyga? You couldn't edit my name in that too? lol. *hugs RoseDuelist*

Yep I'm brining the Tortilla chips, with my Taquitos. You can use Joe's Salsa on my taquitos if ya like. hehehe

enishi
04-17-2003, 08:55 PM
No double dipping!

That is all. :p

Tetsugyu
04-17-2003, 09:14 PM
Ok George! :P

RoseDuelist
04-19-2003, 04:29 PM
-_-() ... Tetsugyu.... there. :P *ahem*

Tetsugyu
04-20-2003, 01:00 AM
Thank you. *hug*

Medic
04-24-2003, 08:33 AM
I canít make any promise to you guys anything but I going to try to make a taco salad. It not that I am a bad cook it just I working on weekends most of the time and cuz I taking Sunday and Monday off I going to be doing double shifts, so I might not have the time to make it. But I going to try my hardest to find the time

Tetsugyu
04-24-2003, 11:32 PM
Anything will help. Thanks Medic.

Tetsugyu
04-28-2003, 03:29 PM
I can't belive this! I'm so damn broke it's pathetic. I won't be able to make the taquitos I said I would.

KISAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

*eyes a Q-agent in a mini-chooper and grins*

CHI KOKU SENPUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! ><

At the least...my secret costume is done.

JoeBoeing
04-28-2003, 04:14 PM
Well, I just picked up the ingrediants for my salsa... the onions are reallly sweet and full of flavor... the tomatos still need to ripen as do the bell pepers. I have the oregino and chives for it as well.

FRom,
Joe

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-28-2003, 04:20 PM
I'll see if I can bring a bottle of sake to celebrate new friendships ^_^ or 2 bottles ^_^

Admin
04-28-2003, 04:49 PM
Gonna have to ask you to not bring any Sake, there's a no alcohol regulation at the park, sorry.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-28-2003, 05:06 PM
Admin: oh ok. I got ya. I was joking anyways

Tetsugyu
04-29-2003, 01:49 AM
Yeah, I think the Sake joke for my sake right? Thanks Ryu. I could sure use it. But IRL I don't drink. lol

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-29-2003, 01:25 PM
Tetsugyu:LOL well, it was worth a shot :D
Ish ok, i'm not bringing it anyways.

Tetsugyu
04-29-2003, 04:00 PM
Righty-o. But in the spirt of good will, we can both get drunk on Squirt! lol

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-29-2003, 04:04 PM
Tetsugyu:damn straight! LOL XD

Tetsugyu
04-29-2003, 04:05 PM